Music in a Post or on a page

Started by Vercile, January 26, 2015, 01:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vercile

If possible, how could one put a song in a post or on a page here on E so that it auto plays? Just curious to know, thank you.

Nadir

That's not possible. I'd suggest you either post a youtube video with the song (those embed) or just link to the song so the reader can listen when they so choose.

Vercile

Vekseid

Pretty sure if I made this possible I would be hunted down and shot. >_>

Thorne

No... not shot. Just hunted down. And made to listen to something horrible on endless loop.. for days......

But not shot. ^.~
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Nadir

There would be so much Rick Rolling. so much

I know because I'd be the one doing it

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Dim Hon on January 26, 2015, 07:22:43 PM

Evil....

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Rogue

Funnily enough, wouldn't hate this because of Rick rolling. But would because I listen to my music while I write. >. >

Beguile's Mistress

I like peace and quiet and if I have to blow something up to get it I will. ;D

DarknessBorne

I think putting in a feature where someone could include music with a post on a strictly opt-in basis on the viewer's part would be nifty.  But for the love of all deities past and present, no autoplay.   :D
Currently OPEN to new RPs.

Oniya

People already do the 'opt-in' all the time by embedding YouTube videos, or linking to music.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nachtmahr

Quote from: Vekseid on January 26, 2015, 06:51:10 PM
Pretty sure if I made this possible I would be hunted down and shot. >_>

Uhm.. Well.. This. >.<'

I'd hate having a jingle playing whenever I was on E, and there'd be sooo many people using it to setup jumpscares or meme-songs. :P
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Oreo

Not to mention our blind or hearing afflicted members. Having music suddenly pounce out of the blue might be very distracting or painful.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Jag

Quote from: Dim Hon on January 26, 2015, 07:22:43 PM

...this is why we can't have nice things.

*sniggers*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Nadir

don't click

seriously, stop

you'll be sorry

you know exactly what's here, you masochist

Rogue

Quote from: Dim Hon on February 02, 2015, 11:06:00 PM
don't click

seriously, stop

you'll be sorry

Dim I adore you.

BAMF

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on February 02, 2015, 11:21:22 PM
Dim I adore you.
+1
God, I love you for this, Dim.

*shamelessly dances like Rick Astley*
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

The Dark Raven

don't click

seriously, stop

you'll be sorry

I love you....*Grins*

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Lrrr

I didn't click (like some of you  ::) ) because I follow directions.  Now somebody please tell me what happened when you clicked.

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As

Oreo

Quote from: Lrrr on February 03, 2015, 08:47:15 PM
I didn't click (like some of you  ::) ) because I follow directions.  Now somebody please tell me what happened when you clicked.

We got a Dim awesome.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Lrrr

Oh.  Well, I already knew of the awesomeness of Dim so I guess I'm not out anything.  :-)

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As

Skye

don't click

seriously, stop

you'll be sorry

[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Nico

Skye

Quote from: Nicholas on February 04, 2015, 05:40:41 AM