[System] Blades in the Dark

Started by Blythe, April 01, 2018, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

This system, just to be super clear! I got a copy of this game recently and would love a chance to be a player in a game, a scoundrel ambitiously romping around Duskwall. :)

I can commit to a minimum of 1/week posting, possibly more than that if your game allows smaller posts from time to time. I'm willing to try whatever Playbook a group most needs, though I admit a preference to Hound or Whisper. I'm super new to this system, never had a chance to play it, so a GM willing to go easy on a newbie would be wonderful, though I am a quick study and should catch on reasonably fast-ish (I also take correction super well, btw, and if I mess up, I'm totally down for there being IC consequences, no complaints on my end about that!)

I generally look for games that are fine with people writing crossgender for normal and smut scenes (Lords writing non-male characters, Ladies writing non-female characters, Lieges writing characters that don't match their gender identity, Legates writing anything).

Hypothetically if people are fine with a GM who's never GMed this, I would also consider running a Blades game myself, if there were at least 3 interested people who were patient as I learned the game more thoroughly & were chill if I made some mistakes here and there.

Anyways, if you are a GM looking for a Blades player, hit me up! Or if you are a prospective player looking for a group, feel free to post here, and maybe we can attract one! (And note if you're cool with a newbie-type GM for the system, because if enough people are, I'll bite the bullet and just run this myself)

wander

I am also interested to play this, it seems like a great lil system.  :-)

HairyHeretic

I'd be interested in this as well, but not sure I have the time for it right now.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AndyZ

Never heard of it, but looks cool.  Depending on several factors, I'll keep an eye open.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Avalon29

I'd be interested as a player! I only have a bit of experience in the system and that's with a crew of vigilantes but I'd love to be a player another game. Is there any particular type of crew you're looking to see Blythe?

Also I'd like to add for other people looking that the rules and all the playbooks can be found for free here on the official Blades in the Dark website

Blythe

If I GMed, the Crew types I'd most love to see would be Hawkers (vice dealers who do stuff like acquire product, secret contraband sales, social events & shows of force), Shadows (thieves & spies who do burglaries/robberies, espionage-type stuff, or outright sabotage), or Smugglers (the people who move contraband, territory control, outside-the-city missions, etc.).

If everyone was on board for the EX section, though, I'd also seriously be open to a Crew of Assassins (killers for hire--and all the good murders, secret deaths, disappearances, and mysterious 'accidents' that entails).

The two Crew types I know I don't want, if I GM, are Bravos or Cults.

wander

I'm okay with Extreme games myself.

I think all the Crews have potential to be fun, 'cept for Cults where it'd have be something that would really pique my interest to go along with that one. So I'm with Blythe on so far as preferences I guess.

Avalon29

Those all sound like fun crew types to me. I'm okay with any of those as well as a possible EX game. Only crews I don't like are Cults and most kinds of Bravos, a bravo crew based around bank heists being the exception to my dislike of Bravos.

PixelatedPixie

I would potentially be interested as well as a player, though not as a GM.  Shadows and Smugglers would be at the top of my list for a crew, but I am fine with EX or anything. 

Blythe

Wander, Avalon29, and PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric--if you three are down with me GMing, I'd quite happily run a game. Three would be enough for a small steady group. If y'all are down, what I'd likely do is get an OOC set up, PM y'all, and move our chatter over there as we all hammer out Crew and Playbooks. (Looking to avoid going to a general interest check, as I think about 3 players would be just right for me attempting to first-time GM this; if it goes well, between scores, I can always advertise for another player or two later to add to the Crew). I'd likely want the Crew-type to be Shadows.

If y'all are up for it, let me know. :)

PixelatedPixie

Sounds good to me, I would be up to try.

Avalon29

wander

I would be game too! PM away!  :-)

Blythe

I should have a decent OOC up in a couple of days, tops! Will get y'all a PM as soon as its ready. :)

TheLaughingOne

hheeyy!! I know that game and own that game and wanna- ... ooohh.. to slow... You lot have a good one and enjoy!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!