News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

No Bashing of the game, if you please...If you don't like it, that's fine. If you do, that's fine too. o3o

Anyway..I can't wait for Cataclysm to be out...I hope it's out this holiday season (Most likely, considering it just hit Beta).

Also, for those that are curious, like I was...Worgen(and Troll) Druid forms!:

Cataclysm Alpha WORGEN and TROLL DRUID FORMS

o-o

All I can say about cat form is:

Also, as a little "Just-in-Case" Disclaimer: The NDA has been lifted on this information, so it's safe to post it. o-o

Wolfy

worgen/goblin dances + mount

Worgen and Goblin dances.

...Hilariously enough, Male Goblins use "Soldier Boy" and Male Worgens use a dance from an Episode of the Mighty Boosh, apparently. O-o

ferrousaemyr

My eye's on how PvP will change with the Battleground, Resilience, Stamina, and Healing changes.

I think I'll direly need a new computer to really enjoy Cataclysm, though. /sigh

Wolfy

I know how you feel..tis why I'm buying a new one this fall.

LIAR

Wolfy

Blaed

I am in the beta as well. It something that is fun, but there is still a lot of things that are odd. Loving the blood dk tanking mode. Rune system had made playing a dk much more enjoyable. Still working out a rotation tho, but as it is now, I can always have a CD running for him.

Loving the fact that they gave rogues a talent to increase there armor. I was getting tired of mine dieing to random little physical damage. Also the recovery this is freaking wonderful. Its going to be nerfed soon I think. Because I can be out and just soloing, and when its cd runs out, I use it and I am back to full health again with out using anything else.

Prot pally has not changed much, and I am really hatting that. Just about every class has had major chances to them, but the huge changes for a pally are in holy (that is really wonderful, healing is much more fun then before) and ret.

Druid changes are alright, nothing too super I have seen yet. Then again, I am only tank with him.

Brumak

I should have opted in for the beta but I was in the one for Wraith. I think I'll just wait and be surprised when launch day hits.

Aiden

I was in Alpha, my beta account is there but I am not playing it.

I ruined Wrath for myself by playing Beta, there is no rush to the game for me at the moment. I do enjoy flying around and looking at all the changes to the world but I am saving the questing for when it goes live.

Brumak

Yeah I played the Dk's in wraith till hellfire then kinda said ok I'm done. So once it comes out the big debate begins what to level to 85 first or do I work on a 70 that I have sitting. I figure the zones will be packed when launch happens.

Serephino

My experience with the last two expansions isn't making me eager.  I'm a little curious, but I still remember the new areas constantly crashing with BC, and the graphics on the new races were crap, for the males anyway...  The Dranei males were huge blobs for a good month or so. 

I wasn't playing when LC came out, but I heard they had to recall it a few times, and did not offer refunds.  By the time I started playing again they had gotten it all fixed, but I wasn't all that impressed.  The level 70-80 armor really sucks.  All they did was take the same boring styles and give them different color patterns. 

I'll probably wait for a while before I get it and let them work out the bugs.  Let's just hope they learned from the problems with the other two. 

Aiden

The option to lvl from 1 looks good, with heirloom gear and lots of vanilla zones being redone...lots of quest will be different.

Diabolus Lupus

I'm definitely getting Cata. I like the looks of the Worgen and Troll druid forms. Definitely gonna roll one of each once I get it.

Brumak

Yeah the new druid forms are very nice. Also the hunters start out with a pet at level one now. I must say the goblin totems look sweet too.

Wolfy

Really? hunters start with a pet now?..O-o...Hmm...What kind of pet, though? Is it just something basic?..Or do you mean they start with the ability to tame?

Aiden

The start with a pet that is native to the area I think...

So orcs get a boar?
Trolls get a raptor/tiger?
Dwarf gets a bear

etc etc

at 10 they still need to learn taming and all that to change

Brumak

Quote from: Wolfy on July 06, 2010, 10:22:24 PM
Really? hunters start with a pet now?..O-o...Hmm...What kind of pet, though? Is it just something basic?..Or do you mean they start with the ability to tame?

Each hunter race starts with a zone specific pet at level one. undead get bats, orcs get boars..I think. Belf gets dragonhawks, those are the only ones I seen.

Wolfy

Hmm..Interesting. O-o..will Draenei start with a Ravager? lol Or Worgen with a...wolf? o-o...Well, their mount is supposedly a Boar, so maybe they'll start with a boar?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on July 06, 2010, 10:22:24 PM

Like Hunters from 1 to 10 need any help to survive. :D They are wild to solo up to the 40s.

Deimos

I cant wait for the Goblins.  I am not so sure on the new 31 talent point system but since I dont have a beta account YET i cant say whether its a good or bad thing.  Starting at level 10 with Mutilate however does make me feel happy in the pants but the cost might end up being more than I would like.

Flying mounts in Azeroth will make things so much easier getting help from her level friends and the possibility of ganking from the sky, nowhere is safe!

My time spent in Cata Beta will probably consister of the Goblin leveling from 1 to 20 and testing a max level character for their abilities which all up is a days game time.  Since i intend to level a goblin I figure i would get inside information on the quests and get a slight advantage on the learning curve from all the other goblin rerollers.

schnookums

QuoteReally? hunters start with a pet now?..O-o...Hmm...What kind of pet, though? Is it just something basic?..Or do you mean they start with the ability to tame?
Like Hunters from 1 to 10 need any help to survive. :D They are wild to solo up to the 40s.

Well, it's not so much a survivability issue as a "We don't want hunters to start off essentially as a melee class and then once they get their pet go to ranged" A lot (maybe all?) of the hunter melee abilities are going bye-bye.

The Golden Touch

..... Are you guys even suppose to be talking about the Beta?

That said, Cata is old news to me.  I don't really care that there is going to be yet another expansion.  I just hope the game doesn't tank.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Wolfy

WoW will never tank. Ever...it's scientifically proven. The only thing that can take WoW off the MMO throne is WoW 2.

And Yes, we can talk about the Beta..the NDA has been lifted.

LIAR

It would have tanked had the RealID forum thing gone through.

Wolfy

Well as I said, the only thing that can knock WoW off the Throne is Blizzard themselves.