What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

*puts on his Yahtzee hat* Actually Sabby, he is not a Werehog. The prefix "Were" means man, Therefore WereWolf would be "ManWolf" or "Wolf Man"

Sonic would be more of a HogWolf or Wolf Hog. ^-^

Hemingway

Fable 3 starts well, my kind of story. Just as long as it lets me act out my revenge fantasies the way Fable 2 did.

Unfortunately -- for the people captured -- being forced to choose who to kill and who to save sort of goes against my principles.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on October 30, 2010, 10:27:43 AM
Fable 3 starts well, my kind of story. Just as long as it lets me act out my revenge fantasies the way Fable 2 did.

Unfortunately -- for the people captured -- being forced to choose who to kill and who to save sort of goes against my principles.
Oh, just wait until the later game. What choices will you make to save all you hold dear?

It's a lot less clean cut than Fable 2 for sure. Moral ambiguity for the win.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on October 30, 2010, 10:44:51 AM
Oh, just wait until the later game. What choices will you make to save all you hold dear?

Hmm...Fallout 2 or Dawn of War? decisions, decisions.....

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on October 30, 2010, 10:44:51 AM

Moral ambiguity is good when executed properly. When it's not done properly, you just feel like you have no motivation to make either choice. Like in that Fallout 3 DLC, the Pitt.

Sabby

What? The Pitt was as black and white as Brotherhood vs Enclave :/

Hemingway

Not how I remember it. I remember thinking they were both assholes who used me to get ahead.

Geeklet

Black and White? But.. the "good" path had you stealing a baby away from its parents. You free the slaves, but put the potential for a cure at risk. The "evil" path.. sure the slaves are still locked up, but you know in time, a cure will be developed safely. I loved it. I still remember my first time going through it, trying to be on the good side, only to find out what the cure was for the first time... and I was just like "Oh Werner you son of a bitch." And I spent a couple minutes trying to figure out if I really wanted to take the kid or not.

Wolfy

Quote from: Geeklet on October 30, 2010, 02:37:12 PM
Black and White? But.. the "good" path had you stealing a baby away from its parents. You free the slaves, but put the potential for a cure at risk. The "evil" path.. sure the slaves are still locked up, but you know in time, a cure will be developed safely. I loved it. I still remember my first time going through it, trying to be on the good side, only to find out what the cure was for the first time... and I was just like "Oh Werner you son of a bitch." And I spent a couple minutes trying to figure out if I really wanted to take the kid or not.

See..I don't like that...why can't I leave the prisoners locked up and kill/take the baby away for myself to raise as my little demon spawn to rule over the wasteland with an iron fist once I pass away?? *shakes head* No freedom at all. D:

Hemingway

Hmm. So far, Fable 2 remains my favorite in the series. I don't like that they got rid of the experience system, or the way equipment works. It also still suffers from, well, being way, way too easy. xD

Combat in Fable is so easy, I've actually had trouble getting enemies to knock me down. I wanted scars on one of my characters, but getting them was a pain.

Still, I'm not disappointed. I like the way you interact with people for one thing. Seems to have a bit more depth to it now, though I'm not sure why they'd remove the expression wheel. We'll see how it progresses, though. I haven't been playing it for more than a few hours, and I'm sure there's a lot of new stuff, especially later on. I'll find out, and maybe it will turn out to be better than Fable 2 in the end.

KikuLei

I am playing IMVU dress up. :O

Kendra

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

Hemingway

Hmm. I finally became King, and I have to say ... well, these choices aren't that tough.

Also, raising money isn't exactly hard. I was pretty busy prior to the revolution. I owned pretty much all of Albion, and made millions of gold.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 01, 2010, 06:10:45 PM
Hmm. I finally became King, and I have to say ... well, these choices aren't that tough.

Also, raising money isn't exactly hard. I was pretty busy prior to the revolution. I owned pretty much all of Albion, and made millions of gold.
You're not being fair. What would you do if you hadn't been sole owner of the land? They're very though for good characters.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 02, 2010, 03:09:32 PM
You're not being fair. What would you do if you hadn't been sole owner of the land? They're very though for good characters.

I am playing a good character! I just happened to invest a lot in an effort to undermine my brother prior to the actual revolution! My only regret is that I didn't lower taxes, as I see now that it wouldn't really have made a difference for me.

Gotta say, though. That trip across the sea. Not what I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Still not as good as Fable 2, but ah well.

Brandon

Ah my copy of fallout new vegas got here today. Ive been playing it pretty much all day and Im playing a wasteland trader type character. High barter, speech, and my weapon of choice is my fully decked out laser rifle (might switch to plasma down the road though). Plus I wear the wasteland trader gear all the time
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

You'll love the Laser RCW then. It's basically a 1950's style Tommy Gun... that shoots lasers.

Does the Anti-Material Rifle have mods? o.o Because that'd be bitchin. It'd prove that it is possible for it to be even more badass.

Tonalberry

I picked up the Undead Nightmare Pack for Red Dead Redemption on Halloween night, and I've played a little bit so far.  Jeez, this game is definitely a zombie survival horror game.  Whereas in the first game, ammo was pretty much plentiful, in UN, you'll be lucky if every 3rd corpse contains ammo of any kind.  So yeah, be extremely thrifty when it comes to your ammo.

Brandon

Quote from: Sabby on November 02, 2010, 11:53:02 PM
You'll love the Laser RCW then. It's basically a 1950's style Tommy Gun... that shoots lasers.

Does the Anti-Material Rifle have mods? o.o Because that'd be bitchin. It'd prove that it is possible for it to be even more badass.

I havnt found either weapon yet or any mods for the antimaterial rifle so I have no idea. Although a tommy style laser gun does sound awesome!
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Hmm...I want to get Fallout NV for my PC...but..I also want to get Black Ops. Decisions, decisions...

Sabby

Got Risen. Much better now. Gothic 4 is just faaaaading from memory now <3

Hemingway

About the Laser RCW ( which I thought was pretty silly, but all the same ... ) - what does RCW mean? My guess was Riot Control Weapon, but that does seem rather ... harsh. Considering lasers turn people into, ah, piles of ash.

Sabby

Exactly :) Piles of ash means 'Riot Pacified!'

Hemingway

Here I thought 'riot control' implied less-lethal weapons. I mean, they have bean bags for the shotguns, even!

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on November 03, 2010, 02:29:16 AM
Got Risen. Much better now. Gothic 4 is just faaaaading from memory now <3

Didn't Gothic 2 include actual sex scenes, or am I thinking of some other game? I could swear they reviewed it on X-play back in the day...