Eternal Stimuli: A Matrix RP (Recruiting Programs)

Started by JDrew Spider, June 19, 2012, 08:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDrew Spider

You know I've never seen one of these take place-ever.

[font=impact]Appearance[/font]
[ Model or actor  pic either to the left or right or profile.]
[font=impact]Name[/font]
[What are you called]
[font=impact]Gender[/font]
[Male Female or Neither]
[font=impact]Age[/font]
[How old are they in appearance]
[font=impact]Role [/font]
[Program or Freed Mind]
[font=impact]Weapon[/font]
[Weapon of Choice]
[font=impact]Style of Martial Arts[/font]
[What is their favorite fighting style]
[font=impact]My Sound is..[/font]
[Theme music]
[b]Short bio[/b]
[Contains personal information either before or starting after mind was freed. Purpose-if your're a program.  Feel free to add anything else here such as thoughts, feelings, beliefs.]

Contents

Eternal Stimuli: A Matrix Rp
After the sixth failed attempt of the Matrix the Architect became fully convinced humanity would never adapt to his specifications. He detested over time the nature of the One and sought a permanent solution. Humans would be made to convert or die. There are of course levels of survival the race of machine were prepared to deal with so he designed a Matrix that would fully collapse it’s self in 66 days regardless of who’s mind was still attached to it and then the conversion could begin.

He placed a program known as the Transgressor in charge of the conversion. The Transgressor was put on a level directly below the Architect and immediately began to the hunt for freed minds. Other programs created beneath him were designed to aid him in that capture. Sentinels from the machine city were sent to capture and bring back the inhabitants of Zion for general experimentation. In other words they would attempt the unthinkable. Combining the race of human and machine into one bio-mechanic being that would eventually become a civil of the machine city. It was either that or wipe out the existence of humans altogether.

The Meggedion had received word from the Oracle what the Architect had planned to of and that they only had 66 days to stop it.

The Architect- GM
Fed up with the One and Humans he decided that a new level of survival was called for. He would attempt to converge the already freed minds of Zion with those of his machines by physical experimentation. In 66 days he would ‘delete’ the matrix and all the minds to it and then send out his sentinels to abduct what humans remained in the city of Zion.

Crew “ Meggedion”

Captain-PENDING
He found the One and is the head in charge of the Meggedion. The crew members look up to him as great leader. He is strong in his beliefs and in the end will do anything it takes to save the human race.
The One-CLOSED
He is the savior of the race of man. The One is capable of great things and finds his prowess can reach beyond the rules of the matrix into the real world. Always reluctant to prove himself, he has over time realized that the fate of both worlds now lie in his hands.
Second in Command- CLOSED
She has been serving the Meggedion for as long as she can remember. She helped the the One escaped the matrix and has comrade of his ever since. Known for her skills at computer hacking and combat skill in the matrix makes her a good person to have watch your back, but she will never be as strong or as fast as The One.
Crew/OperatorCLOSED
Natural born and breed child of Zion with superb operational skills. Can read the matrix so well that he doesn't even see it as numbers or characters anymore.
Crew/ Mechanic- CLOSED
A child of Zion, that was the only member of the crew to be born ‘naturally’. He/ She had no plugs and operates the mechanical maintenance of the ship. Though sometimes wishing he/she could go into the matrix and attempt some of the feats like those in his/her crew. He/She is contempt with life in the real world as a soldier of Zion
Crew/Misc-CLOSED
Dedicated member for the crew ship and a newly freed mind.

Programs

The Transgressor CLOSED
The Program in charge of the conversion of the human race. Ultimately not a rule follower and will do whatever it takes to get the best results. The Transgressor is fascinated by the one and wishes to converge with him in to one being, gaining the power of the one and all it has to offer.
Agent 1-PENDING
The rogue program inseminated inside a freed min, now walks around in a flesh and blood body. The Agent attempts to destroy Zion from the inside out. A dynamic and crazed program, that is aware that the One is just a flesh and blood man and all men bleed.
Oracle-NPC
She is the mother of the Matrix who guides and The One on his journey. She wants the best for both worlds and wants the Architect to stop his rampage. Believing the Architect has gone haywire she enlists the help of the one and his friends in hopes that she cant stop the Transgressor and Architect and set the matrix right if not at least save humanity
Program 1-OPEN
Aids the Transgressor
Program 2-OPEN
Aids the Transgressor
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

spooky

Sounds fun to me, I think playing a mind in a matrix of raptastic programs would be pure awesome. ;)

You have my interest.
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

masked stranger

This sounds interesting. I wouldnt mind giving it a shot.

Nameless One

Very interesting for me. The Matrix is a setting that gives a lot of creative freedom. If there's still place for one, I'd be glad to join.
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

JDrew Spider

Wonderful!

Now I would say this story would focus on a ship and it's crew. One idea I had was to stage this as the "seventh" creation of the Matrix. The Architect  is completely fed up with human nature and decides either two options. Combine the race of machine with  the race of man or destroy the human race completely and let machines carve the real word anew.

The Architect created a program in charge called the "Transgressor" ( This could be a playable character). This program is responsible for the capture of freed minds in which it then decides whether it's suitable for experimentation or termination. The transgressor will be keenly interested in the DNA of the "One" because his genes are believed to  be 'perfect'.

Also there will be crisis in Zion as well. I don't know if you guys remember the last film, but  Agent Smith was able to inseminate the mind of a crew member and thus enter the real world. I would like that same situation to occur too with someone willing to play an Agent.

So I guess we'll need..

The Architect - Played by Me
Captain-Open
First in Command- Played by Me
The One- Open
Crew Member/Operator- Open
Crew Member/ Mechanic-Open
Crew Member-Open
The Transgressor-Open
Agent-Open

And other playable characters.

Feel free to add ideas too. :)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Elias

I would be interested in playing the transgressor, but would like more details on the programs functions.

masked stranger

The Agent looks most appealing to me, but like Elias I would need some more details

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

AndyZ

I've got an idea for an Agent who doesn't attempt to instantly kill the Awakened that she runs across.  What she actually performs is damage control.  She's quite manipulative and has a reputation for killing anyone who becomes aware as thanks to the actions of the Awakened, forcing them to keep secret from the sleepers.  Although she carries a gun, she's much more apt to engage the Awakened in conversation, easily able to keep up with them and knowing that they can't try to attack her without harming innocent people.

It may not be the style that you want for this game, so I'll mention it here first and see.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

JDrew Spider

Thanks Andy, but a character like that won't be needed. I would like all my agents to be male too.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Nameless One

Interested in Agent (if the masked stranger isn't going to play it) or Crew Member (any) roles. Could you please pm me some details, too? Thanks a lot, this idea sounds very interesting.
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Qt

JDrew Spider

Looks like we may have our agent, but feel free to be a crew member.

Welcome Qt :).

Spider Hole
Apologies

Qt

Florence

If I have time, I'd be happy to use an old MxO character of mine :>
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

JDrew Spider

Okay I just need a few more interested parties...

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

I can't decide between "the One" or "Crew Operator". The One is more tempting, because of all the creative freedom in manipulating the system... but I know not many people may want to play an operator - which I wouldn't mind doing. So... yeah... I don't know. Put me wherever you want me Spider! ;)

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

MezzaNotte

Oh man, totally interested in The Transgressor. Any preferences as to character gender?

JDrew Spider

@Vel... Welcome Neo, my number was two. The operator may just be an NPC that everyone can operate

@Mezza, I believe someone has shot interest for that role.  I may make other roles available to as I work the plot out.

I may need more agents or programs working under the Transgressor. Also programs to aid the crew on their missions.

Spider Hole
Apologies

MezzaNotte

Aw shucks. Ah well, I'm over it. XD

I'd be interested in The Operator, if it doesn't become an NPC position. I'll take a look through the list again later.

Veluux

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 27, 2012, 11:18:08 PM
@Vel... Welcome Neo, my number was two. The operator may just be an NPC that everyone can operate

@Mezza, I believe someone has shot interest for that role.  I may make other roles available to as I work the plot out.

I may need more agents or programs working under the Transgressor. Also programs to aid the crew on their missions.

Sweet. I was kind of hoping I'd end up with that one. So, as far as the details of this... its a new cycle, but the "Neo" character will be somebody totally new, like different appearance, name, etc? I need to start drawing up a character sheet for that right?

JDrew Spider

Quote from: MezzaNotte on June 27, 2012, 11:52:07 PM
Aw shucks. Ah well, I'm over it. XD

I'd be interested in The Operator, if it doesn't become an NPC position. I'll take a look through the list again later.

I've updated the list. I'll be posting a very general character sheet soon. So take a look :)

Spider Hole
Apologies