A Game of Superheroes (Two Heroes needed, villains and others welcome)

Started by Primarch, October 02, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

The powers themselves are fine, just give a little detail on what he can do with them.

As for Pestilence, backstory is fine. As for the pain threshold/durability thing. Revisit my first response and take another look. Just to differentiate the different between his ability to handle pain and tolerate lethal injury.

Major Major

Keala Mensha Khaine

Quote from: Primarch on October 10, 2011, 06:01:33 PM
The powers themselves are fine, just give a little detail on what he can do with them.

As for Pestilence, backstory is fine. As for the pain threshold/durability thing. Revisit my first response and take another look. Just to differentiate the different between his ability to handle pain and tolerate lethal injury.

I think I got what you mean. I was wanting him to not be like crazy immune, just...well, tough. As in he would be hurt by things, but be able to just fight through it long enough to be able to get to a place he can recover. With the injections his body can repair itself quickly and keep him alive, rapidly repairing what would normally be lethal damage, although the effort to repair such grievous wounds would drain his powers quickly and he would need to juice up again, if that makes sense? Or should I just word it different in the bio?

Primarch

@Major, powers are fine. Any character that's superhuman needs a superhuman weakness however. Apologies for not mentioning so last night, wasn't a touch under the weather and not at my a-game.

@Keala, Re-word it in the bio please. For the benefit of those who'll be looking at the character page to find out other characters abilities/how they work.

Major Major

No problems, Boss; I added a crippling weakness to Sonic Attacks, will that do?

Kate

my last character profile has been addressed to meet the latest desires

is she approved ?

Urbanzorro

If the slot is still open here's an application for the detective on the case ;D

The Person

Name: David Van-Alden
Nationality: North America(United States) with some European descent
Day job: Private Detective
Personality:
Though the years have been kind to David's body, they have been considerably less so to his life in general. And his personality is a direct representation of that fact. David is normally very guarded in his interactions with others. It takes time for him to let others become important to him, if he ever does at all, and he tends to always assume the worst of others before the best.
Backstory:

For the greater part of David's early life he was relatively blessed. He grew up in a loving family with his younger bother James and was raised by both his mother and father who each loved their children and each other. He made average grades in school, displayed a decent amount of natural talent towards sports, and also showed an above average love and talent for puzzles, riddles, and mysteries. In fact the family used to joke that he would always know the end of any mystery movie the watched before it happened.

When he made it to high school David tried out for and made the football team, earning himself the position of 1st string full back by his sophomore year. It was during this year that he met the person who would genuinely change his life...

Alice, she was a cheerleader for his home town's private school, and one Friday his team and her's were set to play one another in support of the local battered women's shelter . The moment he laid eyes on here something deep inside him told him that she was important. Maybe not to the rest of the world but most definitely to him! He played his heart out that game. Doing his best to be as impressive as possible, and for the most part succeeding. At the end of the game he managed to get to her and introduce himself. He told her that he thought she was amazingly beautiful and would love to go out with her. She told him "maybe next time."

Up until now David had never been one to push issues or to try and take part in a lost cause. But for what ever reason he just couldn't give this one up. And so it was, that one week later he tried again. This time appearing at her school after practice and asking her once again to give him a shot. To which she said this time with a blush and a smile, "maybe next time."

All in all it took three more times before she said yes, but that didn't bother David. In his eyes she was very much worth it. After their first date it was obvious to both of them that this was something more than what they'd experienced before. And within weeks they were very much 'a thing.' By the end of high school they were a very committed relationship with neither party planning to leave the other.

They went to the same college, David on a small football scholarship and Alice on a mixture of academics and her parent's savings for her college. Another four years after that they were engaged and preparing to graduate. Him with a degree in general studies and her with a bachelor's in business.

The next few years were tough. But the hard times brought them closer rather than apart. They worked hard, loved well, and despite the odds made it though.  It was in 2008 that things really took off well for them when James gave David a call and invited him to become a partner in his business. David, who was unhappy with his office job anyways, agreed. And so, under the advice of Alice, James' small bail bonds business became the Two Brothers Detective Agency. Between David and James' ability to solve the cases and Alice's ability to literally work miracles with the finances they were doing great. They even got themselves in the paper once when they managed to locate a man's Lamborghini after the police had all but given up on the case.

It was this small amount of fame that led to them being approached in the early spring of 2011 by the woman who would turn out to be the last client they would ever have. She was a middle aged woman and she'd lost something much more precious then a fancy car.... she'd lost her daughter. But lost wasn't the right word, her daughter had been taken. As soon as they'd heard the details both James and David had insisted that the woman should take this to the police as they only specialized in missing property cases. But the woman told them that she already had taken it to the police and that they had simply told her that everything they could do was being done. She was desperate she'd insisted,  she'd pay any price they asked. A silent nod from Alice, who had been standing behind the woman as she told David and James her problem, was all the discussion any of them needed... the Two Brothers were on the case!

It took them almost an entire year of near round the clock work, of denying every other case. But eventually they managed to piece together the clues, to follow the trail and to figure out where the girl would be. She was just another victim in a very well hidden human trafficking ring, one that they had no solid proof of but that they knew existed none the less. And so, they planned what they would do...

Even though there was no doubt in their minds, they'd still need to confirm her location before they could get the police to do anything. So they'd approach the location, they'd get eyes on the girl, call the police, get the girl the hell out, and then run towards the cavalry.

It was a simple enough plan and it would have worked well except for one fact. They day they made their move was also the day a star fell to earth. As Starman battled the Iron General David and James sneaked into the abandoned factory that the traffickers were using. They made it relatively close before they were spotted by the guards. There were gunshots as the two men fought back against the four monsters guarding the three children. They managed to bring down the guards and get the children out, even as other members of the trafficking group who were in the factory moved to see what was going on.

They got to their car, they made their run for the office. As a large SUV exited the factory and gave chase David drove, James did his best to calm the children, and Alice called the police from her cell phone, who would arrive as soon as they could. But what they really needed was Starman, except Starman was busy fighting for the future of the world, and his very survival.... Despite his best efforts David couldn't lose the vehicle pursuing them and the three would be heroes found themselves cornered at their office. This time there were eight of the bastards, and they had machine guns. It was one hell of a fight, one that the world would never see....

For David it ended with eight dead criminals, a dead brother, three live children, and one dying wife.

Ever since that day David has spent most of his time in the bottle, preferably a bottle of brandy, climbing out only long enough to take on the occasional case in order to get the funds to spend more time in the bottle. He heard about the new heroes, how they'd saved the day, and honestly didn't care. He didn't blame them, or Starman, or even the Iron General. There was no one to blame, those who had been at fault were either dead or in jail and he was simply what was left.

It was during one of his relatively dry stretches that a man had come into the Two Brothers office and offered him 'the job of a lifetime with the payoff of your dreams.'  David had had half a mind to throw the guy out but he'd listened anyways... Apparently the man worked for someone else and this someone was very interested in the heroes and villains that had been springing up. Specifically who they were underneath their masks. And he was offering quite a large amount for the answers. Enough for David to never need to climb out of the bottle again. After a short amount of thought David decided 'what the hell' and agreed.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

No Villain...But Not A Hero

Codename: None
Powers: None
Weakness:
Just A Man: David is just a man. He's in very good shape but he still suffers from all the frailty that comes with it.
Skills:
Expert Shot: David has always had very good aim, it doesn't matter if its with one hand or the other, with a pistol or a rifle. David can almost always put the bullet where he wants it to be.
Thinking on The Fly Just something that years of experience at talking his way into and out of places has given him. David has a talent for coming up with a new plan within seconds of the original plan going down in flames.
Expert Forger Fake press I.D.s, fake police badges, even fake checks. David is good at making them all. While they would never really stand up to any kind of examination by an expert they are more than good enough to fool a causal observer or someone who simply doesn't have much time to look at them.
Good With Locks: David is good at opening things he doesn't have the keys to
Eye for Details He's good at noticing the small things that most people over look, its what helps him crack his cases and even when the booze hits its still there.
Special Equipment:
The Incidental Funds: Who ever has hired him really wants to make sure that David is able to do his job. And as such they've supplied David with a large up front payment that has allowed him to gather the tools he knows he's going to need as well as to have a little left in case anything pops up.
Mateba Model 6 Unica: A semi-automatic revolver, one of only a few such models ever produced. The Mateba Mo. 6 uses the recoil from firing to rotate the cylinder and cock the hammer allowing the next shot to be fired. The Mateba is barreled to fire the .454 Casull caliber cartridge... David always found the weapon to be very cool. Even though he previously could not afford it. He hopes that, should he ever need to use it against one of the 'supes,' it won't let him down.
Lock Pick Tools: His own custom set of lock pick tools. David has kept them in excellent shape since he first got them many years ago.
Tactical Body Amror The very best he could get, even though he's not sure if it would do much good against some people who might try to kill or hurt him.
Depleted Uranium Rounds David managed to purchase three dozen of these rounds, they are designed to penetrate even the most powerful body armor as if it wasn't even there. He's hoping that, should any of the more powerful 'supes' ever try to hurt him, these rounds will allow him to "hit back". 
Costume:
None though he's not above the occasional disguise to allow him to get into somewhere he shouldn't be.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

@Keala, approved.

@Kate, A superhuman weakness for superhuman characters. Something other people can use/work with against her. Then you'll be good to go.

@Major, I'm going to deny the depleted uranium bullets. Beating the badguys isn't the Detective's job, he's just a regular joe. Otherwise seems fine.

Major Major

Primarch

Major Major

Urbanzorro

I've got no problem with that, want me to edit them out? Or will you just do that when putting him up on the character page?
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Primarch

Go ahead and post him up on the character page, just take those out.

Primarch

Scarie187

The Person

Name: Alastair Kreed
Nationality:French
Day job: Politican/Scientist
Personality: cold, vein, superiority complex, arrogant
Backstory: Alastair Kreed was born in Toulouse France in 1828 to the Jon Pierre and Camillie Kreed. His father's job was as an ambassador of the French Government which resulted in Alastair moving from place to place allowing him to get an early understanding of the world.

At the age of 8 Alastair would contract a disease so rare that only he and one other person has ever been known to have it. The disease merely named "Bronns Syndrome" drove the other man to suicide, or so legend says. Yet Alastair was determined not to let it beat him. Bronns Syndrome dried the skin and gave it the appearance as if it was decaying and made it painful for him to touch nearly any other thing. Yet at the same time the syndrome seemed to slow his aging and despite the fact that on the outside his skin was rotting, his hair was falling out, his pupils were whiting out, inside his internal immune system and organs were in pristine condition. In fact the boy would learn that outside of touching things he didn't stay injured or hurt for to long and that his body healed him quickly.

Unsure on how to keep him safe his parents kept him sequestered in their many manor homes. There Alastair would spend most of his time reading and studying and getting smarter. Ultimately Alastair would end up in the French territory of New Caledonia. He would live most of his life their and his parents would finally find a Chinese physician who used a series of silks and oils to create clothes that he could wear practically pain free. Alastair would have to be completely covered from head to toe but he would be able to see the world.

The world would view Alastair as a freak and look at him with disdain but in response he would use his parents title and demand respect from the people. He would command the people to obey him and to respect him. He would be given such respect until his parents died. No longer the son of an ambassador his respect would demising and he would return to his homeland of France to reside in his parents estate.

For many years Alastair would practice in secret science that was much more ahead of his time. Learning and grasping concepts that millions wouldn't grasps for years. He decided to demonstrate this ability shortly after the US dropped atomic bombs on Japan. He claimed that he could generate a "power shield" that could repeal any sort of attack. Uninterested many countries passed him by. It was only by returning to New Caledonia that he would garnish any support. In 1951 the Japanese and his island home would test his "Power shield" in secret by dropping an atomic bomb that they developed on their own on the tiny nation. The shield held and saved 80% of the island, Alastair decided that the 20% was an acceptable loss.

The power he generated was from what would later be known as Anti-Matter, Alastair would come to understand this power in ways that vastly surpass that of modern science. He would use this power to create weapons and seize power from the government of New Caledonia installing himself as "Prime Minster." Yet he would not stop there he wanted to fix the world to cleanse it to make it a new. He had seen the flaws but a power as pure as anti-matter could clean that all up.

Kreed would launch of series of attacks on the nearby island nations stealing their resources and seizing power for himself. It was only when Starman arrived that he would be stopped by the man himself. Sent back to New Caledonia Kreed swore vengeance. The two would battle from time to time but Kreed always ended on the short end.

It was only in the earlier months of 2009 when the Iron General would reach out to him. The man proposed a deal. The Iron General would design weapons in exchange for a unlimited power source. They would use their science to crush the Iron General. It took years to master mind but working together not only did Kreed provide a working power source for the Iron Generals machines but Iron General taught him about robotics.

In 2011 Kreed watched closely witnessing the power of his anti-matter and the genius of the Iron General and finally when it seemed as if all their work was going to pay off. Everything failed... and he was back to the drawing board.

Appearance:

The Villain

(His mask would be black and sometimes he'd wear a cape)

Codename: Kreed
Powers: Bronns Syndrome is his only power allowing him to heal rapidly, and to age slowly, this allows him to fight longer.
Weakness: Bronns Syndrome is also his greatest weakness if anything touches his bare skin it literally causes him great pain.
Skills: Kreed is scientifically ahead of most countries and has an advanced understanding of most technology. He has had decades to practice in different forms of combat and strategy.
Special Equipment:
Black Helmet/Face Mask, Its been a long time since his childhood and technology has come a long way. Kreed wear a helmet/facemask that covers his head completely keeping it safe from anything that may touch his face. The helmet comes with all sorts of technology that he can utilize on the fly including noise dampeners, sound amplifiers, different vision modes, an onboard computer ect..

Anti-Matter Weapons, from small bombs, to weapons powered by the power source Kreed carries all sorts of unique weapons.

Power Shield, a personal shield that he can put around his body to protect him from all sorts of attacks.

CostumeKreed is completely covered at all times. He usually wears a series of gloves, boots, and other coverings for his skin.

A top everything he wears a black helmet which protects him and brings him vital information.

Kreed wears a black pair of pants, black shirt and or jacket, with sometimes a dark green cape, or dark green robe over his clothes. Strapped his back, legs, and waist Kreed usually has his different assortment of weapons.

Interesting Fact:Due to Bronns Syndrome Kreed has lost how it feels to be human since he hasn't had skin to skin contact for decades. He has lost his connection to humanity and grown increasingly cold. Starman once theorized that restoring his ability to make physical contact with people may restore his humanity.

Scarie187

I hope my character is approved, I'm also interested in creating a hero.

Ramael

My curiosity is prooked. What do you need, villains or heroes? It seems you have all the heroes you need...

Maelyn

We actually need 2 heroes at the moment, so feel free to post a profile for consideration. :)

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Ramael on October 13, 2011, 05:23:48 AM
My curiosity is prooked. What do you need, villains or heroes? It seems you have all the heroes you need...

Even if all the slots for super villains seem to be filled, he's still accepting.  The more the merrier.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Ramael

Okie doke. I'll have a browse through this thread and the prologue for plotjuice, then get to work on a hero, although I'm also open to a villain if the need ever arises. I hope you haven't filled your quota of foreign heroes, because I as the rainy isle minority will probably make a British character, as I feel the need to do whenever I see a team of Americans. :D

Just saw the Bunny's post - I'll start on a character, but will refrain from making him either a hero or a villain until I hear from the OP.

Aybara

They do have a Yorkshirite but he's from a wibbly wobbly alternate dimension.

Ramael

Haha. I checked him out. Hilarious. Great concept.

I have a character concept...just waiting on the green light for A) spaces and B) which alignment's needed most.

Primarch

There is space for both heroes and villains. Either can work.