LoZ: A Queen's Dark Rise (Recruitment Thread) STILL RECRUITING!

Started by Vergil1989, March 30, 2018, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Metraxa on March 30, 2018, 08:34:35 PM
Look I hadn't planned on that until someone else suggested it. So it's really all your guys' fault :V

*shakes fist* Guardians are scary to normal people for a reason Met. You're guy is more than likely to get violently murdered in what he's trying to do. xD

Now trying to get military and political power I can see. After all most of Hyrule isn't under the crown anymore. He could go conquering. ;)
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Peanuts

Quote from: Vergil1989 on March 30, 2018, 08:37:33 PMLol god Peanuts, that's equally awesome and terrifying.  SHE'D be able to pull it off I bet, but thankfully she's probably about a hundred years dead and buried unless she used her rune experiment thing to de-age herself again.

Heh, right? My impression was that she hadn't been aging since she did the experiment, but maybe it was just that it had only been done recently? Oh well, more of a silly/fun idea anyway :p She was a pretty cute/fun character though.

@Drow. Again, I think you're reading more into Met's motivations than they've actually said, he's looking for something powerful, he never said he was trying to control the guardians or something :p
If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Haven't got an On/Offs thread, so check my RP preferences instead.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Peanuts on March 30, 2018, 08:41:53 PM
@Drow. Again, I think you're reading more into Met's motivations than they've actually said, he's looking for something powerful, he never said he was trying to control the guardians or something :p

True. But power in this setting is kind of hard to get outside of the Triforce or being on Ganon's side. xD
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Peanuts

Hmm, I dunno, there've been quite a few NPCs with weird abilities across the games with Magic, Fairies, monsters and other weirdness like that.
If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Vergil1989

You're not wrong Peanuts, but Drow's not wrong in his own right as well.  Still, as long as it sounds plausible, I won't argue too much.  :D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

[Floatright][/float]

Player Name:  Vergil1989

Character Name:  Ganondorva

Species:  Gerudo

Sexual Orientation & Status: Bi / Virgin

Job:  Queen of the Gerudo  (Currently)

Personality:

"I do what I must to see my goals achieved.  I would see the Gerudo free of their chains, and allowed the same rights and privileges as the rest of Hyrule.  If I must become a monster to do so, then that is what I'll do.

Despite having been killed countless times before, normally by Link, at least a handful of times by far more mundane enemies, this version of Ganon is far calmer and much less prone to violent impulses despite her still cursed existence.  That's not to say she's soft, she's far from it in fact, having a very black and white view of the world at large, so crossing her is often the last mistake most people make.  Having said that, this incarnation of Ganondorva is more than happy to speak to the lowliest farmer, to the highest authority in the land in equal measure, making friends of them all in most cases.  She might be a bit naive to the finer points of politics, (currently), but her passion, strength, commitment to her cause, and willpower are not to be underestimated.  She is a nightmare to her few enemies, but she is merciful to those she deems worthy of such a thing, but for Link, she has nothing but respect for the man that has defeated her again, and again.  Zelda too, she has nothing but respect for, since she has also played an integral role in destroying her in her own right, but also because, despite their differences, Ganondorva admires her wisdom and strength of character in leading the rest of the realm.  That's not to say she doesn't also hate them deeply at the same time, but not as much as she once did.  They weren't responsible for her first death as a woman after all, and both Link and Zelda have always been fair and just in all of their dealings, even with her far more malicious descendants, only going as far as Ganon himself had gone in trying to destroy them in turn.  But things will be different this time, they needed to be....

Appearance:  Her most identifying feature is her dark brown skin, even among the Gerudo who spend most of their time out in the desert sun, as well as her jewel like yellow eyes that miss little.  At about 7'6'', weighing about 142 lbs of nothing but slender, wiry muscle, she's tall even by Gerudo standards, but Ganondorva is much more beautiful than most of her previous incarnations, with fiery red hair that goes down to the small of her back, often contained in a slightly intricate headdress with a single amber colored jewel set into its center.  Dressed in revealing if very functional metallic and leather armor that is almost as dark as her skin, she walks with purpose wherever she goes, her commanding presence drawing all eyes towards her the moment she enters a room, despite the fact her footsteps are often near silent.  When she wishes to go unnoticed however, Ganondorva can conceal herself almost to the point of being undetectable with simple hoods that cover her from the head down and her magic, save for those few perceptive enough to see through her efforts.

Further Pictures

History:

"I have seen a thousand, thousand lifetimes.  I have done everything one could possibly do, but in all of that time, I have been one thing, and one thing alone.  I wish to change the fact I've been a monster nine out of my ten lives."

From tyrannical king to demonic warlord, to even obtaining power rivaling a god, or rather three specific goddesses, Ganon has done it all at one point or another.  Ganondorva however, is something else, and like any change, people fear what they don't understand, especially when dealing with an eternal curse such as herself.  Her face might've changed, but those that are too afraid or obsessed with what she used to be cannot see past her incredibly long list of horrific deeds against the kingdom of Hyrule, and by extension, the world.  But since becoming something new, Ganondorva's upbringing changed accordingly, despite those few that know her for what she is.  Even so, some things haven't changed, and her desire to bring the Gerudo out of the desert and into the modern age that the rest of Hyrule takes advantage of simply by being born in the right place, has driven her to do all she can to achieve equality for her fellow clanswomen.  Such was her desire when she set out the first time after being born as a woman for the very first time, twenty-one years ago.  Before that, Kotake, Koume, and many of their fellow Gerudo warriors trained her extensively in all that they could, only to quickly realize that she was already a very competent warrior in many respects, all she lacked was experience, which unfortunately would be her undoing when she made the inevitable trip to Hyrule Castle to try and obtain peace between herself, the Gerudo who still carried the stigma of being hated and feared despite all of the good they'd done during the Calamity incident two hundred years before, and the Royal Family of Hyrule Castle and its surrounding countryside, in the hopes of putting their ancient pasts behind them so that they might move forward together to a far brighter future.  But it was not to be, although whether it was the curse simply reaching out to those around Ganondorva, stoking the people's fear and rage against her, or simply the people themselves reacting to her very presence thanks to a few that remembered what she'd done, the result was the same.

The first few weeks within Hyrule's protective embrace went about as well as one would expect once word got out that a woman matching Ganon's prophesied appearance had returned, with increasingly frightful mutterings and spite filled outbursts from those less inclined to reign in their passions.  But Ganondorva did nothing to add fuel to their fires, keeping herself the picture of calm and poise since she understood they had every reason to hate and fear her on sight alone.  She simply kept a hand on her sword's hilt and dispelled what she could of their fear and hatred of her person, which worked for the most part.  It was those few individuals that wouldn't so easily persuaded that were the problem, but she wouldn't know of them until it was far too late to stop their plot from unfolding.  But for those first few weeks within Hyrule Castle, surrounded by those she had been able to befriend through truly benevolent deeds and selfless acts, Ganondorva was able to find a very small measure of atonement for herself for all that she'd done in her countless past lives, and was even able to speak with the Princess on multiple occasions, albeit with Link, her royal protector and friend, never far from her side.  True, he didn't bear the Master Sword most days she'd spoken with the Princess, but he didn't truly need it either since she had not gained the Triforce of Power with her new form.  She needed to earn that right again, to lay claim to that which she had held for so long that it might as well have had her name on it.  But she didn't want it either, she didn't trust herself with it, not after all of the time she'd spent abusing its immense strength and power on bloody conquest and worse.  She'd wish she had gone out of her way to reclaim it though when the worst day of her latest life came to pass, when she was violently murdered along with many of her top lieutenants and trusted friends.

The day started out well enough, with another successful and peaceful conversation with Zelda as they simply walked through the gardens, speaking on a great many topics, some of which were small and mostly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.  But it was on her way back to her camp just outside the city walls, in a clearing in the nearby southern woods, that disaster struck.  Several assassins rushed out with crossbows and bows, shooting her horse dead in the first volley.  Pinned beneath the animal, Ganondorva could only struggle as one man with a curved dagger approached.  Just as she'd gotten herself pulled partially free, he fell upon her, driving the blade deep into her throat.  Grabbing his face as she died, she gurgled a curse with her dying breath, marking the man's face with a hideous brand that would pass onto his descendants, forever marking them for what they were.  But that wouldn't be the end of it, because Ganondorva was reborn, and the cycle began all over again, except she was not quite the same as she'd been before.  She remembered everything that had occurred, and it didn't take much for her to find the man with the brand on his face that, unbeknownst to him, included a tracking beacon of sorts that someone like her could easily track, now twenty one years older with several children around him.  She didn't touch a hair on his head, but she walked past his house just as he was walking out to go about his day.  He took one look at her, and he knew she knew him when she glared down upon him.  The message had been heard, and he quickly scurried off, an insect that she could squash under her boot when she felt the time was appropriate.  But that would come later.  The other assassins and their families she still wished to find, if for no other reason than to exact a bit of Gerudo justice from them.

But she had other matters to attend to, something she should've done from the start rather than trying to play nice...

Alignment:  Lawful Good....

Abilities:

Survivor: - Whether she knows how to do so because of her many past lives or because she paid avid attention to her mentors in this one, Ganondorva is a very capable survivor in any environment she finds herself in.  While her knowledge is much more extensive in the desert regions of her homeland, she's been in every conceivable situation one could ever envision, and has come out the other side relatively unharmed while keeping her allies and companions alive at the same time.

Arcane Lore: - While her focus has been mostly on the legends and fables surrounding the Triforce, the Royal Family, the Master Sword, and Link, and not necessarily in that order, Ganondorva has a very extensive mental library of all things she's encountered throughout her many, many lives.  Granted, she still has to refresh her memory by actually seeing the ruins, texts, or what have you to fully remember what it is she's already learned at some point before in her thousands of years of existence, but once she has, it's there for her to draw upon at will.  Most days though, she likes to read for the sheer simple pleasure of it, although even then her reading material often consists of army tactics, books on other people's adventures and the like, as well as any number of pertinent topics to her successes later.

Capable Warrior: - Even at such a young age, Ganondorva has already proven herself more than a match for anyone she's come up against.  From would be assassins from the Shiekah and Yiga clans, (the latter of which don't like the idea of their King growing a pair of breasts), to noble knights from Hyrule wishing to test themselves against the Queen of the Gerudo tribes, (not counting Rajin and her close allies who refuse to follow her), she's beaten all contenders.  And surprisingly to most people, she's largely been merciful and honorable to anyone that she's defeated, except for those that have tried to outright kill her for one reason or another.

Sorceress: - Even without the Triforce of Power, Ganondorva is a capable sorceress, having learned many spells from those that were willing to teach her over the years.  Most of her magics are either curses, magical bolts, or defensive measures such as barriers and the like, but all of them are not to be underestimated.  But without the Triforce of Power, they are small and limited in power and size, making them more as a last resort measure than anything, but even then most people can't counter them easily without magic of their own, or the technological equivalent.  (Shock arrows, flame arrows, etc.)

Charismatic: - During her more monstrous conquests, the former tyrant has proven more than capable in swaying people to her side given enough time.  Intelligent and persuasive, Ganondorva is no different in that regard, being able to talk her way out of trouble or into places she has no reason to have access to normally.  Of course it goes beyond that, having allowed her to gain allies in almost anyone she speaks to, and while some of her connections are....questionable at best, she's found herself in very strange situations as a result of her vast network of allies and close friends.  Whatever the case, everyone from the lowliest farmer, (and often their sons and daughters), to even the King of Hyrule, (that's the hope at least in this time anyway), has heard her whispers in their ear and have found themselves swayed to her way of thinking.[/list]

Flaws:

Inexperienced:  In this incarnation, Ganondorva is still very young and hasn't developed the musculature and skills necessary to truly realize her full might, and so given a sufficiently skilled sorcerer or swordsman, she can still be overpowered.  It's happened before and it'll likely happen again, and while she has done much to improve since her first death as Ganondorva, she still has a long road ahead of her yet.

Cursed Existence:  Despite her attempts to break away from Demise's influence and the curse that manifested itself as Ganon, the King of Evil, throughout the ages, Ganondorva is still very much under its influence.  She's changed, there's no argument there, and she's done a great deal of good, but that hunger for power and conquest is still present, but for the moment it's still under her control.  For those that know her well enough though can likely see the inevitable slide for what it is, but whether they do anything about it or not will determine what follows next, but for the moment, she is doing what she can to keep herself from sliding too far into the darkness....[/list]

Character Relationships:
Associated NPC's:

The Twins, Kotake and Koume: - While they're far removed from their original forms, (let alone from the pair found in the alternate realm of Termina), Kotake and Koume have been with Ganondorva since she was brought into the world, both times thus far.  Fair and beautiful, the pair are powerful sorceresses in their own right, commanding power over ice and fire, but unlike last time, they are far kinder in this day and age.  They are still prone to bickering between themselves over silly things, as sisters of any kind are prone to do, but they are also very capable healers, magic casters, and they know their way around most forms of poisons, herbal remedies, and Gerudo ritual and rites of womanhood, of which Ganondorva still has one left to go through yet, but since they know her for who and what she is, they're willing to let that one slide for the time being, especially since they know how she plans to complete it...[/list]

Character Ons:  While she's not done anything yet, Ganondorva has enjoyed relaxing, stress relieving massages with oil, more often than not, as well as heated baths with candles about the room.  Secretly though, at least for now, she's found she likes the idea of having someone tied up to the wall and teased relentlessly until they're a begging, sweaty mess before taking what she wants from them.  (RP Preferences apply)

Character Offs:  She is the one in control, even when she's tied up and bound at someone else's mercy.  Violence to her person, losing limbs, or dying, (again), are expressively off the table, as is anything related to the bathroom, incest, extreme ageplay, height/weight differences, or beasts. (RP Preferences apply)

Player O/Os:  (RP preferences apply)

Dark Plot Participation: Yes, although it's safer to say she's the reason there's a Dark Plot to begin with.

Other Characters:Current Scenes:Planned Scenes:Well, I got her done, hopefully that'll do it.  I'm open to connections, so feel free to hit me up folks.  :D
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Peanuts

Well, I've been thinking about some kind of Goron Monster Hunter/Beast Master for my second character :p Maybe G-dorva commisioned something from him? :p Still need to figure out how boy-midna gets back to hyrule too.

Vergil1989

Monsters are still a pretty serious problem, so professional hunters could definitely be a thing Peanuts.  As for Boy Midna, a simple excavation in the desert once ruins were uncovered could be what allows the Twilit back into our realm once the mirror is restored.  Just an idea, which, upon being restored, would likely prompt Midna to want to investigate, or at least send someone out to do so.

Peanuts

Mmm, the mirror was pretty well disintegrated at the end of TP tho, anyway I'm sure we'll figure that out. Finding art for a goron character is proving to be a bit trickier.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Peanuts on March 30, 2018, 10:59:05 PM
Mmm, the mirror was pretty well disintegrated at the end of TP tho, anyway I'm sure we'll figure that out. Finding art for a goron character is proving to be a bit trickier.

It was shattered if I remember, so there would be fragments that could theoretically reconstruct the mirror given time to put them back together properly. ;)

Vergil1989

Indeed, and magic and tech both have come a pretty long way since TP, so I'm all for someone piecing it back together as I might've said already.

Peanuts

mmm alright, I was thinking more that they'd rediscovered the twili dimension with the new shiekah tech or something.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Peanuts on March 31, 2018, 12:25:20 AM
mmm alright, I was thinking more that they'd rediscovered the twili dimension with the new shiekah tech or something.

Why not both? Maybe the mirror doesn't have the mojo it once did and they use Sheikah tech to re-activate it...and this time no one can shatter it. ;)

Vergil1989

Peanuts

Hmm, or rather than rebuilding the whole thing, they're able to partially reconstruct it and use what they do have to like, tune in on the twili dimension's 'frequency' :)

Best Goron pic I was able to find here too (remove due to Sariah)

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Peanuts on March 31, 2018, 12:40:14 AM
Hmm, or rather than rebuilding the whole thing, they're able to partially reconstruct it and use what they do have to like, tune in on the twili dimension's 'frequency' :)

Best Goron pic I was able to find here too: https://red-lynx.deviantart.com/art/Forest-and-Fire-87435335

That goron ...he is so bamf. xD

Peanuts

Heh, I was hoping for something more leathers and feathers but Goron OCs seem to be less popular than elves and fish and stuff :p

Vergil1989

The Kokiri might be a problem though since there's no way to tell if she's old enough for this place or not.  Bleh, but that goron is pretty cool I agree.

Peanuts

Oh, wasn't going to do anything with her, like I said, that was the only Goron I could find that was actually wearing a decent amount of armor/clothing.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Peanuts on March 31, 2018, 12:48:12 AM
Oh, wasn't going to do anything with her, like I said, that was the only Goron I could find that was actually wearing a decent amount of armor/clothing.

...More it's so you don't get scolded by the mods dude, anything that has someone underage in it is kind of risky on E ^_^;

Vergil1989

Indeed.  I wasn't worried about you trying to use her, only that she was in the picture since E has a rule that an image of a person has to look eighteen or older or they ask you to remove it.

Peanuts

Oh, alright. let me see if I can crop her out.

Vergil1989

Ah, well, that works I suppose lol.

IMPORTANT!

I was able to give a very brief overview of the last twenty years or so, check it out when you get a chance, hopefully it'll help with character creation.  It can be found in the intro post on the first page.  Anyway, good night and Happy Easter folks.

Peanuts

Night Other Vergil!

Hmm, now how do I upload pictures here...
Here we go

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Peanuts on March 31, 2018, 01:46:19 AM
Night Other Vergil!

Hmm, now how do I upload pictures here...
Here we go

Yeah that shit works perfectly. ;)