BakemonoShiki [Recruitment]-Slots Open-

Started by SweetSerenade, March 17, 2018, 08:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardsorm

I can't remember the last time that happened to me. >_<

Nowadays profile work is s bit worse for me since I have to type it all by phone, haha. =p But damn it I enjoy RPing on this site too much to stop (my computer has been dead for two months)

Either way, don't let it get you down! You've still got time if you're still interested!

Miss Eleanora

While my post was entirely eaten, there is a positive. I was able to remake it! I sent it to the gm too. Since she said it was okay to post it here I am doing that as well. Without further ado, here she is!

Name: Avariael Sentili
Player: Miss Eleanora
Height: 6'4
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Golden
World:  Charon
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality
Dutiful: To Avariael duty is critical and one must always honor one's word and fulfill one's obligations. To willingly fail to do so is something as foreign to her as a shark attempting to breath air rather than water. She will keep her word, accomplish her goals, and perform as she has promised even if it kills her and/or others in the process. She has a tendency to see the world in a very black and white fashion where there are two kinds of people and two kinds of actions. You are either the type of person who keeps your word and performs your duty, or you are the kind that fails to do so. And actions are either those that go along with fulfilling your duties or those that fail to do so. While Avariael can understand, with difficulty and personal discomfort due to her own failures, that sometimes you fail despite trying with all your might to accomplish your tasks, she has no tolerance and nigh bottomless scorn for those who deliberately make a choice to betray their duty or to shirk from it.

Devoted: Avariael is extremely committed and loyal to a cause or an individual once she has committed to it or them. She does not easily abandon anything and it is exceedingly difficult to make her relinquish her grip on something she has pledged herself to and or bonded with. Even more than those that shirk their duties Avariael cannot stand those who would betray those they have pledged themselves too. Because of her extreme devotion she can at times exhibit traits that one could describe as clingy. At the same time, should she have pledged herself to a cause or an individual she would gladly throw herself in the way of a blow that was certain to be fatal if it gave the person or cause a chance of survival or success.

Shiki Background
History Avariael has faint memories of her childhood on Charon, she can remember her family, her parents, the beauty of her home realm, but by this point those memories have begun to become rather faded and worn through the sheer length of time that has passed. She remembers the lessons they taught her, about the importance of duty and diligence, of her family's purpose to protect and fight against the forces of wickedness, but the nuances and details of the actual experiences have now begun to fade. She was barely more than a youth when she was summoned forth, brought from her homeland to a different realm, the realm of Earth.

Her first sight upon her arrival in earth was a grand one. She bore witness to one of the most potently beautiful sights that humanity could offer. Her golden eyes beheld a grand temple. Upon the walls were glorious mosaics depicted scenes and figures from human Christian scriptures. Before her stood a man garbed in resplendent attire, attire that almost seemed like it would have been fitting back in her home. This man spoke to her in reverential tones of awe and beseeched her to aid his people. They were under threat, vile hordes of wicked infidels sought to destroy them, to rip down all they had built and slaughter the faithful. Avariael was young, and to her in that moment it sounded as if she had found her calling. There was nothing more noble than to aid and protect those who were beset by the forces of wickedness.

In that moment the young angel formed her first bond upon the earth. Exactly how the faith and connection with the priests sustained her she did not know, and she truly did not care, for she had found her purpose. At the behest of the priests she would be sent forth to aid the faithful in their struggles, to perform what miracles she could, to rally the faithful. For nearly 400 years she would serve in such a capacity, serving through successive generations of holy men who would send her forth. She bore witness to some of the best that humanity had to offer, conviction and devotion to a holy and honorable cause. It was during this time that she was granted the great sword modeled after an ornate cross that she still wields to this day.

Unfortunately her time there would eventually end and in a way that showed to her the darkness that also lurked within humanity. For she bore witness to betrayal at the hands of those she had been lead to believe were the allies of the people who she served. Traitors who sacked the holy city that she had defended for hundreds of years. When she attempted to intervene on their behalf the traitors sealed her away, confining her within a statue that they then carried away as one of the many trophies of their conquest and betrayal.

Within this stony prison she languished for 816 years until through a chance occurrence of fate and an action of a clumsy human she was set free. Her power had dwindled in her long confinement, but in that moment Avariael did not care. She was free, she would return to those she had sworn to defend. But upon her return to the site of the holy city that she had defended she found that it had fallen long ago. That those she had defended against had taken it and remade it. There was no order of priests waiting for her return, there would be no bestowal of power, no resumption of her purpose. In that moment something broke within her.

Since that time she had been wandering, her reserves of prana dwindling down to nearly nothing. Until now when the scents draw her like a moth to flame as young occultists seek to discover and bond with their shiki.

(Note: She was summoned by Byzantine priests during the period of the initial rise of Islam when the empire was under imminent threat. She was sealed away during the sack of Constantinople in 1204. Just to make it clear what I was referencing.)

Perception of Humanity Honestly Avariael does not quite know what to make of humanity. They are beings who at once can be extremely devoted and committed, who can perform great feats for noble causes, and she once worked with many who were like that. But at the same time she has witnessed their capacity to betray, to violate their sacred bonds and to turn on each other. Humanity confuses her. She knows very little about occultists but the concept of a noble and devoted ally who would be her partner in a struggle against the wicked forces is something that would be very appealing to her.

(Default Power) Hallowed Warrior- Avariael can channel her power to increase her strength and durability even beyond that of other shiki. However the extent to which she can do so is quite limited at this point.

(Additional Power) Enhanced Hallowed Warrior- Avariael can channel her power more effectively and her base state's strength and durability increase as well. She can begin to channel energy through her sword at this point.

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

(Additional Power)

Other Points of Interest:
- Avariael can fly, her long experience in this world making her comfortable even with the differences in the air.
- Avariael has four wings, and is fully developed for her kind.
- She is bitter, dejected, and confused at this point. This world is not what it was before she was sealed away, and those who she had forged bonds of companionship with are long gone.
- She has decided that cars and other motorized vehicles are truly vile inventions, and is still not entirely sure they are not monsters that devour men.

Avalon29

I think she looks great personally and someone to add to Haru's prank target list, not to mention Hazuki's try to get drunk and see what happens list. XD

Miss Eleanora

Quote from: Avalon29 on March 18, 2018, 01:50:30 AM
I think she looks great personally and someone to add to Haru's prank target list, not to mention Hazuki's try to get drunk and see what happens list. XD

Thanks :-) It could certainly be interesting to see what happens. Though remember that for some cultures "May you live in interesting times" was a curse! ;)

Gardsorm

Oho, she looks amazing! Takuya would want to get her to lighten up a bit, but he truly has no understanding of the hardships she had to go through. =p I don't think she may like him very much, but he's kind of an annoying person who wouldn't give up wanting to befriend her all the same, if only to show her that the times aren't so bad nowadays, and that it could be tons worse!

minerva7790

Hey! Is there space for one more? And which is more in need now, occultist or shiki?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

Right now we have more females than males. So male occultist or shiki would be appreciated.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Inari

-Tiptoes in and plants flag of interest before tiptoeing back out again-

Timeless

.. I know I shouldn't, but.. *plants flag too* I might make a male character but we'll see about it. Ah hem, but anyways, just wanted to ask a question though.

If I was to make a vampire or even something like a spirit, like say a shikigami (a summoned spirit or a small 'kami'), what world would they be from?

Alistair Leonhart

Oh, wow, so much happened while I was asleep xD I'll get to posting Akira's sheet on the information board. Also! Avariel looks super cool! Can't wait to see the fun interactions that would arise from her personality clashing at times with some of the cast, that's for sure.

Relikai

Quote from: Timeless on March 18, 2018, 08:51:20 AM
.. I know I shouldn't, but.. *plants flag too* I might make a male character but we'll see about it. Ah hem, but anyways, just wanted to ask a question though.

If I was to make a vampire or even something like a spirit, like say a shikigami (a summoned spirit or a small 'kami'), what world would they be from?

Personally I'd say a generic Vampire belongs to Veskra(Well, typical ones at least :p ), while spirits could belong to Errue (Nature?)!

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Timeless on March 18, 2018, 08:51:20 AM

Hello Sweety! And Hello Starcry as well! Nice to see you both posing interest. Well you can feel free to chat with me about it, we can figure out which world works most comfortably, my Idea of vampires might be different, but who knows. Personally, I can see Vampires coming from many places - based on the kind of vampire they are. Shikigami is something that makes me giggle (Sorry huge Inuyasha Juso no Kamen Fan!) - and we can probably figure something out.

So happy to see so many interested faces!

Inari

-waves-

I was considering making a male shikigami as well buuut it seems you have a lot of them already. :x

-Is totally not a massive InuYasha fan or anything-

SweetSerenade

Male Shiki are welcome, it'd balance us out to the females we have.

I'm thinking of capping Male and Female Occultists at 5 of each. This way we have a good mix. We are more than welcome to have more Shiki than human, as it means we can create some interesting team dynamics with what Shiki choose to bond to which humans.

Miss Eleanora

Right now don't we have a lot more Shiki than humans though? It seems like we need more occultists?

Inari

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 18, 2018, 10:50:57 AM
Male Shiki are welcome, it'd balance us out to the females we have.

I'm thinking of capping Male and Female Occultists at 5 of each. This way we have a good mix. We are more than welcome to have more Shiki than human, as it means we can create some interesting team dynamics with what Shiki choose to bond to which humans.
Hmmm... I think the only thing I have left to worry about is my post rate since I can be pretty slow at times. <.<;;

Also random question:

Would it be ok if the shiki I have in mind has a habit of attracting foxes/fox spirits?

Quote from: Miss Eleanora on March 18, 2018, 11:11:41 AM
Right now don't we have a lot more Shiki than humans though? It seems like we need more occultists?
That is what I was thinking. :x

SweetSerenade

Nope, Surplus of Shiki to Occultist is fine. Even if we cap out humans at 5(may go up to 7 at most) each gender. This is mostly because even if we have a surplus of Shiki, the chances of a human getting more than one shiki - is pretty high. It'd be easier for Shiki to keep track of one human for their daily connection building - versus a shiki having to reaffirm their bond with multiple humans in one day. If you don't reaffirm the bond, the power starts to lower and the connection is broken.

Having more Shiki than humans is fine, because the ones who will do the fighting (When we do the fighting in Dark Hour) - will be done by the Shiki. Humans can do very little against Shadows, without a Shiki's help.

The Shiki to Occultist ratio was never meant to be a 1 to 1, it has looked like - and worked better - for there to be a 2 to 1(at least) ratio. Since the focus of the game isn't about pairing up romantically, but slice of life daily interactions and during the Dark hour fighting the Shadows - having more Shiki than humans isn't really an issue.

Plus the opening of the game is the organization of TENMA using a special incense to draw Shikis into the city - during the full moon - so that they can get their Occultists bonded. There is more than definitely going to be more Shiki than human.

Gardsorm

*Peeks in* Star AND Timeless!? Hey you two! <3 Great to see you again!

Miss Eleanora

Oh. I thought it was more one to one with pairings. Avariael is not exactly the sharing type lol :p

SweetSerenade

xD TENMA doesn't care if a Shiki is the sharing type. TENMA seems to care very little about what Shiki think. Or Occultists - given how they completely snatch them up and make them disappear as soon as they have their Prana awakening.

LizzieV

Are you still looking for more of anything specific?
O/O

Gardsorm

Quote from: Miss Eleanora on March 18, 2018, 11:31:23 AM
Oh. I thought it was more one to one with pairings. Avariael is not exactly the sharing type lol :p

Wow, possessive~ Not gonna lie, I do enjoy seeing that because those types can be very friendly depending on their partners, and I can feel for that on some level thanks to RL things

Wow, so many interested parties, this makes me pretty happy to see. ;-;

minerva7790

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 18, 2018, 07:55:22 AM
Right now we have more females than males. So male occultist or shiki would be appreciated.

Alright got it! I'm currently leaning a bit towards male occultist rather than male shiki, but I'll see what kind of inspiration hits me!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies