News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Space Battleship Musashi (Interest Check)

Started by Mac84, April 19, 2012, 06:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

The Yamato has departed on its one year mission to Iscandar. As Time passes, members withing the Government and defense force fear that the quest was too much. They begin a secret project of refitting the Yamato's Sister ship, The Musashi. The Refit is constantly hounded and delayed by Gamalon attacks.

The Yamato's mission is successful, and the Earth is revived. The Musashi project is put on hold and is forgotten. Decades pass as the Legendary Yamato craved a name for itself in the annals of history. Where the Musashi was left to rot. Eventually The Lazarus Cooperation purchases a decommissioned military base to convert to a research installation to test new technologies. While remodeling the installation. Work teams stumble upon the the Half completed Musashi. Since the purchasing contract stipulated that anything and everything left at the base was now considered Lazarus Corporation Property. The Corporation decides to finish building the Musashi. incorporating the latest advancements in technology.

The Year is now 2242, the Musashi has finally been completed and is tasked to guard Corporate assets from space pirates and Corporate saboteurs. As well as is hired out for security purposes. The Crew are ex-military. Some with shady backgrounds. The Captain (My Character) is a disgraced officer. Thrown out of the defense force for refusing to follow bad orders. As the story progresses, The crew begins to believe that some of missions they were sent on are not on the Up and Up. Their suspicions turns out to be true when the ship is tasked to eradicate a population on a planet that the corporation wishes to mind and exploit. Instead they fight back.

The Corporation spin them as a Ship turned Pirate. So the Earth Defense force (including the Yamato) is tasked the hunt them down.

This is the concept at least. If anyone is interested in helping me polish it or have a suggestion of plots (adventures) of your own., I am all ears. XD

I am looking for crew members (Fighter pilots, general crew, Doctor, etc). Also play members of the indigenous population the Musashi protects at the beginning of the story. (Possibly a princess.)   

Depending on how things are going. Open up further adventures.

RubySlippers

Ooooohhhhh we need the quirky but genius engineer of the ship that on her free time creates new weapons and combat systems, some installed in the ship and some she is not getting around to to fight back. I have some fun ideas for the characters concepts an easy to assemble from spare parts tactical fighter, human like fighting robots to let one man fight as a platoon and so forth. Some outside the box type good when the supplies are limited to get things done.

A Kaylee mixed with Scotty type.

Mac84

Mac84

RubySlippers

Quote from: Mac84 on April 19, 2012, 08:32:49 PM
interesting idea, Ruby. XD

Well we cannot compete with the entire military might if they come after us so we need to come up with new weapons systems and technology easier to make that is effective in bold hands.

My project must include a way to knock out the reflex guns of the enemy and protect ours .... hummmmmm.

Mac84

I wasn't thinking they would go up against the entire fleet at once. Maybe some skirmishes here and there while they try and protect the People. Once it gets out why they are doing this. Attitudes may change. 

Though that does not cut out the opportunity for your Engineer to have some "Fun". XD

RubySlippers

I'm just concerned of the Yamato and any fleet that could decide to move on the ship, we cannot match sheer numbers but some unorthodox tech could even the playing field. Like stealth mecha suits with big guns and missles for elite strike teams. :)

Mac84

Sasquatch421

Color me interested....Now though I have a strange urge to go dig out my Gundam, Nadesco and RahXephon animes. Who knows maybe I can come up with something...

Mac84

Hello Sasquatch, I am glad to see your interested.

Yeah, I still have my Nedesco anime. I love it cause it is hilarious. A giant Robot anime that constantly pokes fun at Giant robot anime :P

Sasquatch421

The only one that made me laugh half as hard was Full Metal Panic. I'd be willing to play as a pilot/test pilot.

eavatar

Maybe our ace test pilot needs a veteran pilot for real combat missions. Maybe a former american pilot from USSH Colorado, one of the few survivors from that ship.

Mac84

Hello Eavatar,

There are room for pilots aboard the Musashi. :D

ShamshielDF

At what point in your synopsis is this story going to take place (ie. after countermanding order?  Or would it be starting before that point?)  I have some ideas in mind for characters, particularly a rather independently minded princess type.  Will have to consider things and see what comes to mind.
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Mac84

Hello ShamshielDF,

Thank you for your interest.

I was thinking right before. Starting the RP when they reach the planet. Then Upon discovering of their true mission, deciding not to follow through with it.

I would love to hear your idea on a Independently minded princess Idea. Sounds delightful.

ShamshielDF

Still more questions...regarding the planet they are protecting, is this a human or alien world?  If alien, do you already have something in mind or would that be open for player interpretation?  I'll PM you with some of the ideas I have in mind once I have a few more details arranged.
Ons and offs!
A&A

Mac84

It can be either. I am leaving that up to the player's imagination. Though the Crew of the Musashi would be human.

ShamshielDF

After some back and forth in PMs with Mac84, I'll play the princess from the planet that is protected by the ship and its crew.  The race on the planet is at 'near future' level technology, which is to say slightly advanced from where we are in our world, but with even less space work done.  The world has a slightly lower gravity than earth's, leading to a race that is generally more slender, slightly taller, and with faster reflexes overall, though much less strong.  Other details will come out as things progress, but I am definitely looking forward to this!
Ons and offs!
A&A

Mac84

Sasquatch421

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 19, 2012, 11:07:49 PM
Well we cannot compete with the entire military might if they come after us so we need to come up with new weapons systems and technology easier to make that is effective in bold hands.

My project must include a way to knock out the reflex guns of the enemy and protect ours .... hummmmmm.

Maybe an EMP cannon like the one Greivious used on The Clone Wars series? Also I'd have to look around, but I seem to remember a website that was nothing but a giant encyclopedia of Mecha anime. I beleive they also had specs for some of the ships as well.

RubySlippers

I was thinking about that an ECM device you would fire by fighter into the gun and it would spear itself into the device and disrupt it. If a pilot is crazy enough to deploy it.

Mac84

Mac84

Bumping,

We still have opening for players.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Mac84

Yes, your welcome to join Pend.

Please post your character in the OCC/Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=138139.0