Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animegurl5

"Aaaaw, that wasn't hard at all." Sky complained as she then turned her eyes to the key pad. "Well... That might be." She added as she stretched her ams above her head. "Why can't passwords ever be easy? You know '12345' or '54321'... Seriously?" She growled under her breath as she waited for Tal's answer.

((Yusss, yes we do.))
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"I'm working on it," Yuchi replied. "I didn't design the security for that room, someone else did. Whatever's in there they REALLY don't want you guys finding."

"Why does that make me think whatever it is is something very bad?" Petra asked. "No-one uses this level of security for their secret stash of comfort food."

(no that I'm pushing you to post in the other RP until you're ready)

Animegurl5

((I already feel a bit better after the reset... so I think that I should be back to normal by tomorrow or the next day. :D Makes me happy.))

"Hell, I don't even think Banks have that level of security. Doesn't it make you excited?" Sky shrugged, looking at the door with interest. She walked over to the door and cupped her hands around her ear before placing it against the cool door. Kicking it with her toe, she grimaced and pulled away. "I would have suggested possibly blowing the door in, but the material that they used is too thick.... We don't have enough fire power to blow this down." She sighed, kicking the door again.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"Guys, you need to be careful," Tal said. "I know there's one thing Firebrand has they'd use that level of security for. I'd advise not opening that door."

"I don't understand," Petra said. "What do you mean?"

"I don't have time to explain," Tal replied. "But the door to that room is wired to a huge bomb. You open that door and the wall will come down round your heads."

(glad to hear it, don't know about you but I'm looking forward to properly starting the other RP  :-) )

Animegurl5

"You have got to be kidding me... It's exactly like that big red button people tell you never to push." Skylar's face dropped into a pout as she turned her back on the door. "And every one knows that once you tell somebody that they can't push the button... The button gets pushed. Tal, are you sure that there isn't anything else that they could have put behind that door?"

((I'm excited, that's for sure.))

Lady Jenn

"Izzy, is the logo on that datapad a silver and gold dragon?" Tal asked.

"Yeah," she replied. "Never seen that logo before though, doesn't look like anything Firebrand."

"That's because it isn't Firebrand," Tal continued. "I don't have time to explain, especially considering I think I've located the big bad. There's a war room pretty much directly below where you're stood."

Animegurl5

"Tal, just explain it on the way. And if you'd please, the short version of the story." Sky added, looking around for a way down a level but not seeing one jump out at her. "Ok... Am I just blind or is this one of those war rooms with secret entrances?" She asked with a frustrated sigh.

Lady Jenn

"Not that I can see," Tal replied. "Only one way in and out of that room, there is a way to bypass the majority of the troops on that level. There's a fire escape, you should be able to see the door where you are. That gets you a matter off feet from the room and the others are keeping the guards busy so you should be able to get in there in no time at all."

Animegurl5

"Kinda figured it would be one way in, one way out. Isn't that how it usually goes in the movies? Whatever, Petra you lead and I'll cover you." Sky sighed as she shifted her stance again, to a more defensive posture.

Lady Jenn

"Pierre, Izzy, you two cover our backs," Petra said. "Just cos this corridor is empty now it doesn't mean we won't have more company at some point." They nodded as she headed down the stairs. She stopped as she reached the door, scanning the corridor ahead of them. "There's five guards out there, Izzy, I think this is your area of expertise." Izzy grinned, ducking into the corridor. "We need to figure out what we do when we find Rajkovic," Petra whispered to Skylar. "We'll have to take these guys with us, odds are he has a sizable bodyguard and I don't fancy fighting them alone."

Animegurl5

"Why not just let them enter the room first? While everyone is fighting the bodygaurds, we make our way straight to Rajkovic. However, that won't work out so well if the guy has lost his mind and thinks he is a god. In that case, instead of having a lot of guards... He won't have any. I'm hoping for the former." Sky replied, eyes glued to the corridor.

Lady Jenn

"Or the worse case scenario: he's not here at all and he's leading us on a wild goose chase through this base," she said. There was a sharp whistle from the corridor. Izzy was stood in the middle of the corridor, a short knife in one hand and a customised pistol in the other. "Me and Izzy had the same mentor," she said to Pierre and Skylar as they came out into the corridor, an impressed look on Pierre's face as he saw the five guards dead on the floor, Izzy seemingly unharmed. "That's how I knew she could dispose of those guards with the minimum of effort."

Animegurl5

Skylar scowled jokingly. "I bet you that I can do that with my eyes closed." She turned to Izzy and shot one of her famous silly faces at her. "Nah, I'm just kidding. I have my own skills so I don't need yours." She laughed before stretching out her back, the joints along her spine popping as she did.

Lady Jenn

"Well if you're so skilful you can open the war room door," Izzy said with a smirk, throwing a dogtag to Skylar. "Before he died I managed to...'persuade' one of the guards to tell me its the ID codes on those tags they use to open and close doors in this place."

Animegurl5

"Forget you, Izzy." Sky said as she stuck her tongue out at her comrade. "I would have been able to get the same information as you did had I been the one to go out there... You just got to them first, that's all." She pouted playfully, her bottom lip protruding out as she sniffed.

Lady Jenn

"Fine," Pierre said with a sigh, taking the dogtags from Skylar. "I'll get this door open then."He walked over to the keypad at the door and started entering the code.

"You might want to hurry up," Petra said with a surprising level of calm. "I have a feeling we won't be alone in this corridor for ever."

Animegurl5

"We have people who can track our movements, who can see if we are in trouble and need back up. Stands to reason that they would have the same set up for their men as well. If my prediction is correct, we have five minutes.... If not five then maybe ten if we are lucky. However, I highly doubt that it will take ten minutes to open a door." Sky raised an eyebrow as she shifted her eyes down the hall, as if expecting somebody to suddenly appear.

Lady Jenn

"Done it," Pierre said with a smile, a hissing sound as the door opening causing all the soldiers to grab their guns, aware they had no idea what was waiting for them beyond the door. A hail of bullets came out of the room, causing the soldiers to dive out of the way and beigin returning fire.

"I can deal with this," Izzy said, grabbing a grenade from her belt. "I left this one for last on the assumption we might need to clear a room at some point." She threw the grenade through the door, the resulting explosion filling the corridor and the room beyond with smoke.

Animegurl5

Skylar grimaced as she pulled the collar of her shirt up over her nose. "Smoke... The one thing in this universe that I am allergic to, and you throw it into the very room in which I need to be. Thanks Izzy." She growled under her breath, as she tried not to laugh at her own pettiness. She opened her mouth to say something but the smoke that had filled the corridor forced its way in instead, causing her to choke and her eyes to water.

Lady Jenn

"Well, no-one's shooting at us," Petra said. "I hope that's a good thing." She signalled the others to follow her, approaching the open doorway slowly. She knew one of Izzy's squad had goggles adapted for this kind of situation. "Munroe," she said to the man nearest her. "Are you seeing anything in there."

"Its clear," he said with a grimace. "Well, clear of any living soldiers anyway. Unless there's another way out of the room though it doesn't look like there were that many people here."

Animegurl5

"I'm a little bit disappointed." Sky managed to choke out after her coughing fit had ceased. "Remind me to shut my big mouth the next time we use a smoke grenade." She added as she wiped her eyes with the back of her sleeve. "What about Rajkovic? Is he in there?" She asked, poking her head around trying to see though she knew she wouldn't be able to.

Lady Jenn

"It doesn't make sense," Pierre said. "All this security for a base without any of their leaders in it. Why would they-"

"Fuck," Petra suddenly said under her breath. "Tal, get on the radio the other teams and order an immediate retreat. They saw us coming, Rajkovic was never in here to start with."

"Which means that room above you is a trap," Tal replied with a grimace. "Get out of there by the quickest route possible, me and Yuchi will try and figure how long you have to escape. You should be fine as long as you're not inside the base."

Animegurl5

"What is our quickest route out?" Skylar asked, eyes scanning the hall around them. "Wouldn't we be stopped by any of the remaining soldiers? It's not like we can just start running." She added, a serious grimace weighing down her face.

Lady Jenn

"Follow me," Tom said as he appeared around a corner, Izzy's brother's SAS unit in his wake but her brother noticeably missing a fact that left Izzy visibly upset. "I'm sorry," he said. "I'll explain what happened when we're clear. We have a prisoner though, one of their bosses was here, my old SEAL buddy."

"We'll have time for a debriefing later," Petra said as Pierre picked Izzy up, aware she would struggle to walk in the state she was in. "Show us the way." They headed down the corridor towards a tunnel entrance where their forces were all escaping through "We'll find Rajkovic," she whispered to Skylar. "He can't escape us forever."

Animegurl5

"He can't live forever. Even if he manages to escape us for the rest of his life, something will kill him eventually." Sky sighed as she picked up her pace. Her chest tightened suddenly forcing her to stop running and to fall into a second coughing fit. In between coughs, she was noticeably gasping for air. "What... The.... HELL!" She growled as she staggered to the wall and out of the way of the others.