Millennium Slave Law [Players Wanted]

Started by Haibane, May 28, 2012, 07:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Okay, I'm going to run this idea past everyone and see if it meets approval:

My slaver, with her forged licence, is going to transport one of the other slave girls - an illegal snatch from somewhere in North Africa.

This slave is bought by someone who is something of a philanthropist, and (s)he frees her, pays for her licence.

Then my slaver gets shopped by Red's guy for whatever reason we feel like coming up with. Maybe he makes advances toward her, she turns him down, and so he shops her, hoping to claim her as his slave, however she ends up as public property (as do any slaves she has in her possession), and the woman she kidnapped before then buys her.

I think that would be a nice little story-line to pursue, don't you? Need a volunteer switch to play the freed slave...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dashenka

You did it again Hai.

So many nice players all bundled up into one game with a very nice and interesting game. Which is also immediately my fear :)

Too many players are always a bit confusing for me and especially when players drop out, it'll get a bit messy soon.

Anyway I want to take the plunge with you all.

At this moment what is needed most? Free women or slaves? I don't mind playing either of the two.

Dasha
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

DarkRose15

You've got my interest hehe ;) Give me some time to come up with a charrie :)
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Photo

Quote from: Chrystal on May 28, 2012, 01:13:15 PM

My slaver, with her forged licence, is going to transport one of the other slave girls - an illegal snatch from somewhere in North Africa.

Must it be in North Africa? Or do you think that your character could run all over Europe, trading girls in secret succesfully? I can definitely switch, and It would certainly give my female character something to do. I suppose I'm volunteering, if the adjustments can be made. Please consider all other takers, though. I'm flexible, and 'Two' can wind up pretty much anywhere.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Haibane

Quote from: Red Doctor on May 28, 2012, 12:55:27 PM
classic car mechanic. People with [classic and rare] cars worth millions of Euros might want the best of the best to fix it. If he was highly skilled he would be seen more like an architect or another highly skilled tradesmen. Jobs that would most likely be done by men. If he was older he might also have been a mechanic apprentice pre-slavery. Thoughts Haibane?
I completely agree, maintaining and restoring classic cars would most likely be a man's job as would a number of other artisan style cottage industries such as making quality furniture and restoring or maintaining classic yachts and motor boats.

Quote from: Elias on May 28, 2012, 01:06:12 PM
I think a combination of those two ideas would be great, he does own the business but also fixes the highest end vehicles himself, known as the master of the industry in Monaco. If thats alright?
I am always slightly nervous about characters who are claimed to be the absolute best in their sphere. There might well be a dozen good car restorers and maintainers in the city, or who come in to work for clients in the city, so would you be okay with just being one of the top ten rather than #1?

Quote from: Photo on May 28, 2012, 01:09:51 PM
I'm only going to work with what I've heard already, but I might as well keep the ball rolling here. If I'm jumping the gun in an interest thread, then I'm apologizing now, los siento.
*hugs* This is not an interest thread, its a players (and ideas and characters) wanted thread, okay?

Swordsman18

Haibane, I was wondering if it were possible to play someone that is a journalist however they are unused to the goings on of the new world? I was thinking of perhaps that they either trapped in or moving around in North Korea which I am sure has continued to close off and not be attached to the world much as they are in the real world.

He would then return to his hometown of Monaco either by military plane after being extracted from North Korea or after a particularly long ride on a train to find the world that he had once known was now very much different than he had seen during his time as a likely captive in North Korea. This new style of living would interest him greatly and thus after turning in his decade long report on his experiences, he starts to take on a job of learning about this new world and the people inside of it while likely becoming rich off of the novelization of his report from North Korea.

This means that he will be highly reactive with the world as well as with other characters as Monaco is not a huge place which leaves lots of potential for him to stumble upon people's storylines.

Montagne

Hey Haibane, would it be possible for you to post a list of who is playing what in the opening thread. Perhaps add to the character sheet Archetype. Then we could have a list that was say

Chrystal -- female slave importer

Just sum up your character in a few words. These could then be split again into people looking to find pairings. Then people could just look at your list, think "(s)he sounds interesting"then go look them up in the thread. With all the interest this is generating it would really help reduce any issues with people trying to find pairings. Thoughts?

Photo

Quote from: Haibane on May 28, 2012, 01:45:28 PM

*hugs* This is not an interest thread, its a players (and ideas and characters) wanted thread, okay?

OK!

We're getting a great balance of freed woman-men-and slaves. I'm excited to see so much creativity in this thread
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Chrystal

H, I've edited my post, to put the character into the correct format and give her a bit of a back-story. There's a couple of plot holes in it, but I hope they can be overlooked...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Elias

Vaulera

I would like to play a female slave if there is still room. Is there?

Chrystal

Quote from: Red Doctor on May 28, 2012, 01:51:33 PM
Hey Haibane, would it be possible for you to post a list of who is playing what in the opening thread. Perhaps add to the character sheet Archetype. Then we could have a list that was say

Chrystal -- female slave importer

Just sum up your character in a few words. These could then be split again into people looking to find pairings. Then people could just look at your list, think "(s)he sounds interesting"then go look them up in the thread. With all the interest this is generating it would really help reduce any issues with people trying to find pairings. Thoughts?

I agree this could be useful especially if Haibane-the-BBCode-Wizard puts links to each character profile in the list...

(H, you deserve that title. The only bits if BBCode I didn't learn from you are:

how to hide the next bit with a custom title

And how to make [you] appear as the person I'm hiding!

Montagne

Heres a starting list of interested people. I hope people don't mind me doing this. This is just a list the  help Haibane, of course we can still have more people who are interested, and people will need to have their character confirmed by our wonderful GM before they play, any changes they want me to make about their character just shoot me a PM. Also shoot me a PM if I've done anything like spelt a name wrong, I'll get it changed ASAP.

GM -- Haibane

Those interested with full character sheets

Photo - 1 male, (Government official) 1 female (slave)
Chrystal - 1 female (free slave smugler)

Those interested with character ideas

Ellias -- 1 male (Clasic Car Mechanic)
Red Doctor -- 1 male (slave importer/Bounty Hunter)
Swordsmen18 -- 1 male (reporter)
LovelylilT -- 1 female (slave-- wants mistress)
DarkRose -- 1 female (slave -- Red Doctors adopted daughter/slave)
ThePeacethatPowerBrings -- 1 female (slave)
Vaulvera -- 1 female (slave)

Those with interest but no stated character
UrbanZorro
JackWhite
Dashenka (awaiting confirmation on which characters are needed)

Haibane

@ Vaulera - yes, still accepting characters, but please try to pitch them so there is good scope for interaction with others.

@ Chrystal - yes, your basic character outline and story looks good.

@ Dashenka - *hugs* It would be beautiful to have you in the game! I'm fairly philosophical about group games now and how they can fade. I have some ideas of how this might develope and if it shrinks, as it surely will, we can adjust. Please don't feel hesitant about joining on the basis that it might die! :)

@ Dark Rose - Yay! It would be wonderful to RP with you again.

@ Swordsman - I must confess I can't see your idea working. Nobody is unaware of what has been happening in the world in the last 10 to 20 years (remember there would have been years of talk about this law including international summits, etc before it reached the statute books in a number of states simultaneously). A space-alien might be unaware of it but no-one else I'm afraid and definitely not a journo, even if he had been in a Korean prison for a few years. Journos made it their business to find out stuff, so he'd have been talking with his guards and so on. By all means RP someone who comes to Monaco as a tourist or on business and he's from a non-slavery nation and he experiences this for the first time. That still gives you the scope to play an OMG 'reactionary' character. The world map I have in the first post gives you lots of countries to choose from - there are many English speakers in Argentina for example, Ireland, India...

@ Red - good idea. I can begin to build a proposed character list and who they have links with in the first post. I shall even change the template to include a section of who the person knows.

Swordsman18

It was not necessarily so that I could play a reactionary character like that it was mostly for the fact of having someone that has passion for learning about the lives of slavers and slaves. An average journalist would not care by this point as it is status quo and there is nothing that is really going to change the slavery system no matter how they cover it and if they did they would likely be censored in some form or another especially since government has turned out to be something very oppressive in this world especially regarding the notion of free speech.

I am thinking that as that had closed that I may play an athlete of some sort, having made millions of dollars for their brand of skills and is getting to be about thirty-five so it is time to retire and settle down somewhere. Monaco looks to be a good place to settle down, have a nice house and then just live out his days but there is another reason. At the beginning of his career, when he was eighteen he gave a series of sperm donations and now through a series of private detectives found that one of his offspring, a girl, is living in Monaco and he is not exactly comfortable with the idea of someone enslaving her as she is about to hit eighteen.

Dashenka

Okay I'm in :) Any preference on the role I play? I don't mind either.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Reia

I'm definitely interested in this game. I already have a character in mind and she'd be a free dominant female. I'll have a character sheet up for her later on.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Haibane

Quote from: Swordsman18 on May 28, 2012, 02:39:37 PM
It was not necessarily so that I could play a reactionary character like that it was mostly for the fact of having someone that has passion for learning about the lives of slavers and slaves. An average journalist would not care by this point as it is status quo and there is nothing that is really going to change the slavery system no matter how they cover it and if they did they would likely be censored in some form or another especially since government has turned out to be something very oppressive in this world especially regarding the notion of free speech.

I am thinking that as that had closed that I may play an athlete of some sort, having made millions of dollars for their brand of skills and is getting to be about thirty-five so it is time to retire and settle down somewhere. Monaco looks to be a good place to settle down, have a nice house and then just live out his days but there is another reason. At the beginning of his career, when he was eighteen he gave a series of sperm donations and now through a series of private detectives found that one of his offspring, a girl, is living in Monaco and he is not exactly comfortable with the idea of someone enslaving her as she is about to hit eighteen.
How about a mid-level government official from a non-slavery country sent here to collect data, conduct interviews and fully record a slave owning lifestyle and all its pros and cons to take back to his government and write up a report about whether slavery is a good or a bad thing for his paymasters to embrace? He would be a diplomat and have a suite of rooms at his nation's embassy. I think that covers the salient points of your original idea. Yes, your character and others of his nation have seen and heard about slavery on their televisions but is it really as evil as they think?

The athlete sperm donor is also a brilliant idea. That story could get very interesting. I like that a lot.

EDIT: Hi everyone. In the first post I have added a section to the character sheet for players to insert a one-liner about each other character they have met. I gave a simple example as well so you have a good idea about what I'm rambling on about. People will obviously need to arrange things and I encourage players to swap PMs and build on ideas.

This should go a good way towards gluing all the characters together better and if people want to arrange back stories and even complex histories and friendships or business dealings, be my guest.

Also if anyone wants to use any information from the Formula 1 sport I would support that. We could even set the game's opening weekend as being the weekend of the Monaco Grand Prix, just as a device to give the game a well-known background.

@ Red Doctor - fantastic idea! Thanks! You've got the job of maintaining a players interested list and all their characters. Thanks again! ;) If you edit that post you've started from time to time I will copy-paste that info into the first post.

Swordsman18

Yep, now the only trouble is finding a player to play the daughter or if not to play someone that at the least knows of her.

Montagne

Haibane, just wondering why I'm listed in your character sheet with a name and occupation we haven't talked about? You might have listed the wrong person under my name lol, my character isn't a nightclub owner?

Chrystal

Quote from: Photo on May 28, 2012, 01:18:54 PM
Must it be in North Africa? Or do you think that your character could run all over Europe, trading girls in secret succesfully? I can definitely switch, and It would certainly give my female character something to do. I suppose I'm volunteering, if the adjustments can be made. Please consider all other takers, though. I'm flexible, and 'Two' can wind up pretty much anywhere.

Sorry, Photo, I missed this.

Okay, first of all, take a look at that world map. Monaco is here. (Sorry, the map wouldn't hot-link). Basically, the south of France, close to the border with Italy. Some of the Balkan states are non-slave states, like Greece and most of the Former Yugoslavian countries, but to get to them means sailing around Italy.

By far the closest supply of illegal slaves is North Africa,

However, if you are worried about wanting to play a white girl from North Africa, don't be: There would have been a FLOOD of refugees from slave countries to anti-slave countries before the borders were closed, and Africa would have a very cosmopolitan population of ex-pats from all over the world.

However, I'm afraid I must say to you what I said to Red. Please read my O/O page. I don't sub for male players or (human) male characters. Sorry.

Photo

Quote from: Swordsman18 on May 28, 2012, 02:39:37 PM
An average journalist would not care by this point as it is status quo and there is nothing that is really going to change the slavery system no matter how they cover it and if they did they would likely be censored in some form or another especially since government has turned out to be something very oppressive in this world especially regarding the notion of free speech.

Hey... I have an idea. You want to be a journalist that explores the lives inside of the world that he finds to be alien. That's not a farfetfched idea. Pair him up with my 'One' character, and we have a voice behind the scenes, like an information vigilante.

? I don't know, feels like it'll work to me.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Reia

Quote from: Swordsman18 on May 28, 2012, 02:54:55 PM
Yep, now the only trouble is finding a player to play the daughter or if not to play someone that at the least knows of her.

I volunteer my character as someone that knows of her, possibly was in the process of buying her herself.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Photo

@chrystal

my apologies. I was thinking too fast to check everything. I will withdraw 'Two' from your direct plotline.

She wouldn't have fled from France, this life doesn't scare her.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Montagne

Quote from: Swordsman18 on May 28, 2012, 02:54:55 PM

If you want to mix both ideas. Have him as a reporter going to meet with slave traders for interviews, as an excuse to look for his daughter. I have an adopted daughter played by darkrose >:) could be very fun