News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Exalted (Mostly an Interest Check)

Started by AlexStone, June 19, 2011, 11:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

My vote is the Scavenger Lands.  Plenty of stuff going on there.  Lookshy, Nexus, Great Forks, the Black Chase, the Walker's realm, Denandsor, Thorns...

AlexStone

Well, based on my extensive vote-counting system*, all three story frames are about even in support.  I'm till waiting on some input, too, so that might break the tie, though we might have to go to a different system: Either a preference list, or just me deciding rather than abdicating my responsibility.

*Fingers, Toes, Beer.

Pumpkin Seeds

I think Gem would be the easiest since its farthest removed from the rest of Creation and has alot of mercenary stuff if I remember.  So easy for some mystical and hated being to exist together.  Plus I don't think I've ever seen a campaign run in Gem before.

ReijiTabibito

Well, there was one that was Gem-based that I was in a while back...but it never really got off the ground.

If there is something of a priorities list, mine is:

1: Scavenger Lands
2: Chiaroscuro
3: Gem

meikle

Here are a pair of very loose concepts, both of which will be refined, uh, I guess when things become clearer.

The Stygian Celebrant, The Rejoicing Lorekeeper, Daybreak Caste Abyssal
-- A necromancer and sorceress both, the Stygian Celebrant is a lorekeeper and historian above all things, with a fixation on the remnants of nations long since forgotten -- mortal and supernatural alike.  She has a strong love for the city of Sijan, which features a culture that has remained unmarred for centuries (if not longer) and does not distinguish between the culture of the living and the culture of the dead.

Presently, the Stygian Celebrant tends to have a strange obsession with introducing the manners and customs of long-dead peoples into [wherever the Solar Circle is busy being amazing].  There is no Abyssal without a desire to destroy, however -- and the Rejoicing Lorekeeper hopes to erode, eradicate even, the wall of stigma and fear that segregates Creation's living and dead.

Exquisitely Efficient Esther, Defiler Caste Green Sun Prince
Esther is a renegade of a sort -- in the sense that she does not flee, but simply spits in the eyes of her pursuer.  Only briefly a loyalist toward the plans of the Yozis, Esther's willingness to serve them faltered quickly upon exposure to hell, and more quickly yet upon interaction with the infernal souls of the Yozi rulers therein.  She has love for only one of the fallen Primordials, and that is her patron, She Who Lives In Her Name.

Esther is fixated on the concept of a perfect world: everything in its place, clearly defined, well-made and perfectly functional.  She is obsessed with ideas of efficiency and regularity.  She knows that, should the Yozis return, or the Neverborn have their way, the world will only be uglier than it is now.  She has considered that the Deathlord's ends -- the end of all things equally, forever, has a certain pleasurable uniformity to it, but the lack of function or direction bothers her.

Esther would be a sorceress and martial artist (probably) with desires to regulate and control ... everything.  But not in a cruel way, just a 'better for everyone' way.  She may conclude that she belongs higher on the hierarchy and expect worship, but that depends on where the game ends up set, which is important.

My vote is just 'not the scavenger lands'. :p
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

ReijiTabibito

Random question I had pop up in my head - I know that most of the players here are expressing desire to play a Celestial Exalt of some stripe...but if someone wants to play a Dragonblood, how do we balance them with the more powerful Celestials?

AlexStone

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 22, 2011, 10:57:31 PM
Random question I had pop up in my head - I know that most of the players here are expressing desire to play a Celestial Exalt of some stripe...but if someone wants to play a Dragonblood, how do we balance them with the more powerful Celestials?

We don't, really- if you're playing a DB, you're accepting for yourself the additional challenge of being a lesser amongst your betters. People may like that- though, if you're worried about raw power, a DB won't be for you. That said, I'm handing out XP for accomplishing goals, and the goals a DB might have for him/herself might be easier to accomplish.

meikle

QuoteThat said, I'm handing out XP for accomplishing goals, and the goals a DB might have for him/herself might be easier to accomplish.

"I tied my shoes without having to summon a demon to do it for me!"

"Yayyy!"

O and O and Discord
A and A

ReijiTabibito

>_<  What, are Terrestrials the new D&D Paladins, now?

CrazyIvan

Aw, looks like the game is all filled up, knew I should have posted my interest yesterday, damn having to work and then thinking I could do it in the evening. Well any way good luck with the game and if you need more people I would be more then happy to join. I am familiar with all the splats dragon blooded, solar, lunar,  infernals, alchemicals, and abyssal. So like I said I will keep a watch and see if you have room later on, since you seem to be all full.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 22, 2011, 11:05:18 PM

Being able to freely use reflexives without the expense of combo is something DBs get that I've always coveted.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Muse

Solars have something close once they get their essence up.  The 5th exclenecy. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AlexStone

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 22, 2011, 11:05:18 PM

The Gods make the rules, we just have to play by them.  If you want raw power, a Lunar or Sid would be better.  If you want the challenge of maximizing a weaker character and working in a team- the major theme of Dragonbloods, after all- I'm sure a creative guy like yourself can take it on. 

Quote from: CrazyIvan on June 22, 2011, 11:32:47 PM
Aw, looks like the game is all filled up, knew I should have posted my interest yesterday, damn having to work and then thinking I could do it in the evening. Well any way good luck with the game and if you need more people I would be more then happy to join. I am familiar with all the splats dragon blooded, solar, lunar,  infernals, alchemicals, and abyssal. So like I said I will keep a watch and see if you have room later on, since you seem to be all full.

I'll be sure to let you know!

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, but Terrestrials get a lot of drawbacks, too.  Any Charm outside of their Aspect Abilities requires a one mote surcharge, including Excellencies, as far as I'm aware.  They get the smallest Essence pools of all of the Exalted, and don't get any perfect defenses.

Pumpkin Seeds

Are we still focusing on having a full circle?

Muse

Cold, in Glories Most High there's an upgrade charm too Iron Kettle Body that let's you use it while armored. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

Thinking of going Twilight caste and revolving the idea around this picture..

Muse

*smiles* 

And I'm currently playing with either a Righteous Devil Martial Artist or Matrim CauthunTwilight Mirth. 

meikle

what is a Twilight Mirth

it's not a sign that i picked the Caste that's going to have the most representatives rather than the least, si ti

O and O and Discord
A and A

Zaer Darkwail

I am okay being bit weaker than the rest. But I would not mind a slight XP boost in start so I may have few stuff more as my char could have been around longer as exalted. I heard we do plan get XP in char creation anyways so example solars get 20 XP and DB could get 30 XP. Also note as ex-Dynast most my backgrounds would be gone/useless minus the artifact ones (as I can carry them off).

Also my char could have secretly Pentagram Backing in 5 dots; it's that she is in good relations with the headmaster of the Pentagram and she may talk to him via magic or come visit while disguised. It's kind of sneaky support but they cannot act openly at least. Also could have single manse which belongs to Pentagram headmaster.

Anyways true that the surcost tax sucks, but try live with it. Anyways I do not have second edition dragon-blood book but I already once made my dragon-blood sorceress concept already to other game (so know roughly the charms I want) and also have Ed's Toolkit program.

Muse

*Grins* 

Twilight Mirth is his name.  He's most likely a dawn or a night.  Comes from a little town so boring they want too go to the Lap where things happen.  :)  He uses throwing knives and a sword, maybe. 

AlexStone

Just as a reminder, folks, we're going to try to have a perfect circle, so some Castes have been claimed already.  I'm assigning them here on first come, first served, but you guys can negotiate amongst yourselves if you really have to have something, and don't mind being flexible.  I'm sorry we can't quite accommodate everyone perfectly, but I ask you to think of it as a roleplay challenge, a chance to step out what you normally like and try something new. 

Cold Heritage: Dawn.
Meikle: Twilight Equivalent.
Lady Elena: Zenith OR Eclipse
Hairy Heretic: Eclipse OR Lunar
Muse: Night
Zaer Darkwail: Dragonblooded Sorceress
ReijiTabibito: Lunar or Sidereal or Dragon Blooded (Unless Hairy, you want to play a Lunar.)
Pumpkin Seeds: Lunar or Sidereal or Dragon Blooded. (Unless Hairy, you want to play a Lunar.)

This is based, like I said, on expressed preferences and the order they came in, plus pruning "This or that" from those who were thinking about two possibilities, while someone stepped up and claimed one of them for certain.

As to starting XP, everyone is getting at least 50.  More XP will be assigned for: Work in the background of your character, and for posting in the History Thread once we get that going.  The history thread will explain how you established your kingdom, as written by a historian of a later time, and will be a collaboration of all of us working to tell that story.

Again, I'm sorry if, in this process, you're not quite getting everything you want.  I'm sure we can all be reasonable about this, and I ask your patience and understanding, but I'm trying to build a game that's fun for 8 people, makes sense in my understanding of Creation, and is still manageable.  I'm trying to spread the compromise around, but, if at any point, you feel like this game won't work for you, I understand- just let us know that you'll be trying your luck elsewhere.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, 50 XP is quite generous. Lots room to work with. Are flaws/merits allowed?

HairyHeretic

Since we have a couple of others interested in playing a Lunar, I'll take the Eclipse.

My vote would be for the Scavanger Lands, the other two I haven't played very much in, so don't have a preference one way or the other.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Muse

Gah, we don't even have a setting yet and somehow I've signed up for a Caste?