A new Pathfinder game (D&D 3.75)

Started by Brandon, August 20, 2009, 12:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayushi

Thanks for the second notice! Corrected version below(as I still cannot edit posts on castrated status).

Name: Nialyssa
Sex: Female
Race: Gnome
Class: Cleric 1
Deity: Shelyn
Alignment: Neutral Good

STR5-3
DEX10+0
CON14+2
INT15+2
WIS16+3
CHA18+4

HP: 10/10
Init: +0
Speed: 20'

Armor Class:
Final=Base+Armor+Shield+Dex+Magic+Other
14=10+4+0+0+0+0
-Flat 14
-Touch 10

SaveTotal=Base+Stat+Magic+Other
FORT4=2+2+0+0
REF0=0+0+0+0
WILL5=2+3+0+0

BAB: +0
-Melee -3
-Range +0

FEATS & SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Weapon and Armor ProficiencyClerics are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of armor, and

with shields (except tower shields). Clerics are also proficient with the favored weapon of their deities.

Aura[Ex]A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to

the deity’s alignment (see the detect evil spell for details).

DomainsGood, Granted Power:
Protection, Granted Power:

Orisons[Sp]Clerics can prepare a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, each day. They can cast these spells at

will as a spell-like ability. The number of orisons a cleric can prepare each day is noted in Table 4–5 under “Spells per day.”

Orisons are treated like any other spell cast by the cleric in terms of duration and other variables based on level. Orisons

cannot be channeled through spontaneous casting.
Spontaneous CastingA good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into

healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison in order
to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

Extra TurningYou can channel positive or negative energy more times per day than most. Prerequisite: Ability to

channel energy. Benefit: You can channel energy two additional times per day.

SKILLS:
Skill Skill Mod Ability Mod Ranks Other
Appraise5203
Craft(Potion)8215
Diplomacy7403
Heal7313
Knowledge: Arcana6213
Knowledge: History6213
Knowledge: Nobility6213
Knowledge: Religion6213
Knowledge: The Planes6213
Linguistics4013
Profession(Alchemist)7313
Search431
Sense Motive6303
Spellcraft8413
Spot431

SPELLS:
Spell LevelSpells per Day

Equipment:
ItemLocationWeight
Chain ShirtWorn12 lbs
Light MaceBelt2 lbs

Brandon

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

indarkestknight

Er. >_>

Search, Listen, and Spot have been rolled into one skill: Perception, which is Wisdom-based, and gnomes get +2 on all Perception checks.

Probably best if we just wait for Brandon to set up a character sheet thread to make the adjustments, though.

Also, I should note: at first level, you don't get x4 the skill points. You get the same skill points at every level, instead, which is 2+Int for clerics. However, at first level, you pick one core class as a favored class, and you get either one extra hp or one extra skill point per level in that class. So, max, with your stats, Akiko, would be 5 skill points.

RubySlippers

Miriam
http://fantasti.cc/user/lentar/images/image/474545

Race: Human
Class: Bard
Level: 1
Armor Class: 12
Hit Points: 9
Alignment: Neutral
Patron Diety: Shelyn (also honors the Old Ways)

ABILITY SCORES
Strength 12 [+1]
Dexterity 15 [+2]
Constitution 12 [+1]
Intelligence 14 [+2]
Wisdom 12 [+1]
Charisma 17 [+3]

BARD ABILITIES & SPELLS
Bardic Knowledge
Bardic Performance 7 Rounds
Cantrips [dancing lights, detect magic, mage hand, prestidigitation]
Countersong
Distraction
Fascinate
Inspire Courage +1
Spells DC= +3
# Level 1, DC= 14, 3x Day [cure light wounds, silent image]

LANGUAGES
Common
Celestial
Elven

SAVES
Fort [+1]
Ref [+4]
Will [+3]

BASE ATTACK BONUS [+0]
Melee BAB [+1]
Ranged BAB [+2]
Weapons

INITIATIVE [+2]

FEATS
[human bonus feat] Skill Focus - Perform (sing)
[1st level feat] Two Weapon Fighting

SKILLS (9 pts + 1 Favored  Class)
Appraise 1 rank [+6]
Craft (songwriting) 1 rank [+6]
Knowledge (religion) 1 rank [+6]
Perception 1 rank [+5]
Perform (dance) 1 rank [+7]
Perform (sing) 1 rank + skill focus [+10]
Perform (string) 1 rank [+7]
Profession (housewifery) 1 rank [+5]
Stealth 1 rank [+6]
cc Swim 1 rank [+2]

EQUIPMENT

[105 gp]

~ still have work to do I think I covered the basics ~

indarkestknight

How'd you get 180 gp for your starting equipment? Average for bards is only 105 gp.

Paladin

Paladin

Ok, is it just me or did humans get shafted in Pathfinder?

Callie Del Noire

Not really.. they gave the half breeds a massive shot in the arm though.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Paladin on August 30, 2009, 02:15:32 PM
Ok, is it just me or did humans get shafted in Pathfinder?

Humans have always been one of the strongest and most versatile of races. Adding a free +2 wherever you want on top of a free feat and free skill points? I'd hardly call that shafted.

Callie Del Noire

It is when you get the choice of two other races that can choose. (To some folks anyway). Plus half elves get the choice of TWO favored classes. More ways to get HP/SP

I think humans are still fairly balanced though. A feat and +1 SP every level is pretty good.

indarkestknight

True, but consider that originally, half-elves were the race no one EVER took for stats. Besides, that's only really useful for those who plan on multi-classing. For mono-classers, or those who plan on using one core class and a prestige class (or a slew of them, as the case may be), that's not that strong a draw. Skill Focus is useful, but not everyone is going to take it over a free feat of your choice.

Callie Del Noire

Yeah, I'm kinda bummed to not have made the cut since NO one on any of the boards I cruise is recruiting. :D

Humans and Half Elves have specific twists.. (not mention I think one of the prestige classes in teh book requires Skill Focus right?)

Paladin

Ok I've left my book of Exalted Deed 5 hours south of me. Theres a feat I want from it for my character. Divine Radiance I think, and then theres one that allows you to count any weapon you hold as Good Aligned for the purpose of damage reduction. Can someone look these up for me?

Umbral Sanguinus

Ideas Roleplays Ons and Offs Apologies and Absences
"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase." -Aldous Huxley

indarkestknight

I think you're thinking of Nimbus of Light or Holy Radiance.

Nimbus of Light is a prerequisite for Holy Radiance, and gives you a +2 on Diplomacy and Sense Motive against good creatures while active. It also makes you shed light as a common lamp while active: bright light within 5 ft, and shadowy illumination within 10 ft. You can extinguish this at will, and reactivate it as a free action.

Holy Radiance requires Cha 15 and Nimbus of Light. At will as a free action, you can empower your radiance surrounding you into a blazing glow that sheds bright light in a 10 ft. radius and shadowy illumination within 20 ft. Undead within 10 ft. take 1d4 points of damage per round they remain within the halo.

I think the feat you were talking about was Sanctify Martial Strike. It requires Cha 15 and Weapon Focus with a specific weapon, such as longswords or handaxes or such. With that specific weapon, you deal an extra 1 point of damage to evil creatures, or 1d4 points to evil outsiders and evil undead. The weapon is considered good-aligned for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Paladin

Yes I was thinking of Nimbus of Light. thanks man.

Brandon

For those of you who have not done so yet, I need you to go to the following thread and post up your finished character sheet. This should have been done sunday

Character sheet thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=45589.0

if any questions need to be asked please ask them in our OOC thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=45588.0

Since Im no longer watching this thread Ill be locking it as well
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play