A newbie guide to Elliquiy

Started by Brandon, May 11, 2005, 08:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

It must be one of those ancient chinese secrets or something like that.

Akioth

Not in the Dictionary  :o What is the secret!
Akioth has requested an indefinite hiatus of his account.

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

delle

Why do some have more stars than others?

Elvi

Delle,
As far as I am aware all full members have the same amount, five, it's just the colour that is different.

Sorry, an ammendment to the above.
Those who are moderating seperate multiplayer games have seven bright yellow stars, all that does is differentiate them from the other players, but only while they are in that game's forum, outside of the game they revert back to their five stars.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Ellyssa

Thanks for the info! Another couple quick questions if you experts don't mind..

I'm assuming Position isn't an editable field for us, right? But what do the 'other' Positions mean besides Lord/Lady for normal players, and Goddess/God for mods? (And Virgin for unapproved people) Are they mostly flavour, or is there a way to hack the system *polishes halo* ;) (Kidding there!)

Also under your Profile there's a Language setting - how is that set if at all, or just something that's unused?

Thanks for clearing the smoke. :)
Ellyssa

Elvi

There are several names that can be used:
Virgin 
Olive Oil 
Seduced 
Bacchae 
Seducer 
Carnite 

Virgin are for members who have not yet made a post, as soon as a post is made they become Olive Oil.

The rest of the names depend on the amount of posts made and change when that target is reached.

Carnite is for over 10,000 posts there aren't any others after that.

I'm afraid the language function is not an available function on Elliquiy

Lilac

At the rate Elvi is going, I imagine I'll have to make one for 100,000 in a few years ^_^

Mystic

I got a q, it seems pming has been completely disable for my type of membership... jus twondering as it says I can still contact goddesses with questions, how am I suppose to do that if my "entire" pm box has been disabled?
Nakisou na kao o shite eien no sayonara
There is a place within the mind
Where a secret realm transcends reality.

Ons and Offs

Sacrah

i am so very confused to this whole thing. k..  i want to add an avatar. and spruce every thing up. yet i havent the slightesst notion on how to. heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllp im desperate. for more the that alone.
There are two things a real man likes - danger and play. And he likes women because she is the most dangerous of playthings

Ellyssa

If you look at the top of the screen, there should be a 'Profiles' button there.
Clicking on that, you'll see your profile information, and a box to the left of the screen that says Modify Profile.

Look around in those links there for what you need, for example, putting in an avatar is under Forum Profile Information. :)

Elvi

Faythe,
You won't be able to do that until you have made an introduction thread and been accepted onto the forum.
You will then have all the access you want.*smiles*

Sacrah

well it said
summary
show stats
show posts

then under modify account

Account related settings.

There are two things a real man likes - danger and play. And he likes women because she is the most dangerous of playthings

Sacrah

Ellyssa

Oops, okay. Hmm, strange, I set my pic before I was accepted. :)

Sorry! *blush*

Elvi

It all got changed after a problem the Goddesses had with a couple of new 'members'.

CaptainErotica

I seem to be unable to use a phobucket file as an avatar. I copy the url past paste it in the box, click change and nothing happens. just brings me back to the edit profile page.

Lyria

I had that same problem once, and it turns out I was off on the size of the avatar by a small amount. Once I fixed it, it worked. The max it can be is 135x171. Does is fall within those parameters?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Elvi

photobucket now do 'avatar' size, try that and see if it works?

CaptainErotica

Elvi

ladyelizabeth

isn't he handsome?  I drool everytime I look at his eyes.
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

Elvi

Raina

This was pretty helpful, thanks for posting it.

Vekseid

It seems some people are unfortunately confused about how to use the filter.

It's simple, in the board index, say, from here:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=1.0

To the right of the 'Go Down' button you will see a text input box.  You can enter a word in there, and click the 'filter' button.  So, if you typed 'new' into the box and clicked the button, you would find:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=1&filter=new

And still see this thread, amongst a few others.

Currently, moving from pages inside of it is busted (my fault :-/) so you'd have to do it manually, like so

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=1.120&filter=new

Which obviously is not ideal and I will be getting to that.  The problem of filtered results only filtering due to page is because this is a theme hack and not an engine one.  If and when I make it a part of the engine, I will have to make sure it's secured (probably eliminating symbols).

Ixy

Sooo... where are the 'elf,' 'fae,' 'sprite' labels coming from?  Is this, like, a present?  Cause I want one of each, please.  A satyr too, if possible, and a handful of nymphs.