News:

Main Menu

Halo 5: Guardians

Started by River, May 19, 2014, 07:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

Since the release of this long awaited game has been pushed back into deep 2015, I thought a little discussion wouldn't hurt.

The main question I have is this:

Now Master Chief has been separated from his one and only, Cortana. Will this drive him down a path of mental illness and possibly lead to the demise of one of gamines greatest characters, or maybe Chief will discover something that we never saw coming?. As a avid fan of the Halo series, I think there is still a lot to be answered.

Maybe 343 Industries will tie the knot on Halo after Halo 6.
(343 Had promised to make 3 titles after the trilogy)

Your opinions on what will happen will be most welcome!
𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗌: Open to suggestions for future scenarios.
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌
𝖥𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗒: within 48-72 hours.

Inkidu

Actually I'm kind of kind of bored with Halo now. 4 was okay, but now that humanity can basically make Spartans of Master Chief quality like it's nothing it kind of makes humanity OP, and thus boring. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

River

I felt the same way as you do, perhaps the feeling is still there to a extent, but with the possibility of playing on two sides again, like Halo 2 would be a refreshing experience, as well as the potential plot with Cath Halsey, who if you didn't watch the Episodes, vowed for revenge after her poor treatment and assassination attempt by the USNC. I think with a mentally unstable and vunerable chief thrown into the mix, it could be a enjoyable plot. The last Halo game I thoroughly enjoyed was Halo 3: ODST, everything after that has lost the vibe in my opinion
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

Inkidu

Maybe, but the antagonist of 4 got pretty well handled, which was probably a bad move the part of the writers. It's too self-contained especially when you know you've got a guaranteed trilogy. I'm not really sure what to expect from 5.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Halo 4 was great, but could have been handled a lot better in my opinion. The only real fuck up was that the main villain was introduced in one of the novels, so the Diadect showing up out of no where was a little jarring.

Aside from that, this is the first Halo game since the first that seems to give a fuck about the plot. 343 Studios won me over in the first 10 minutes with that, and they kept it up the entire game, so I'm extremely excited to see what they do now. Also, I'm going to get some flak for this, more then likely, but fuck it. I want more Flood.

Yes, I love the Flood, both from a story/lore standpoint and a gameplay standpoint. I want to see what 343 actually does with the Flood storyline, considering how important it is to the Halo universe and how poorly it's been handled with Bungie.

River

I haven't thought about the Flood yet, as I thought the Flood was eradicated in Halo 3.. But I guess 343 might bring it back, who knows?

I was surprised however at the storytelling in Halo 4. I suppose H2-H3-H3:ODST and so on had a little guess work involved. But as I mentioned in my previous post, I do think the vibe.. the feel of Halo has long since gone... I don't get the feeling of it when playing Halo 4, like I did when playing the previous games.

My personal opinion, I think Halo is dead, all they are doing now is milking the franchise.. Spartan Assault is evidence of this.
Maybe there is a chance, who knows?
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

Sabby

Halo lost it's feel very early on. Halo 1 had a dark science fiction tone to it, like Aliens, where as everything after that has been more upbeat in appearance and mood, like Star Trek, or Stargate. They never really captured the feel of the original game.

River

I didn't get that impression, After Halo 3 ODST, I think it left. Reach did have a spark, but playing as Noble 6 kinda made it hard, since Chief had been around for awhile, while N6 had been around for a better part of a game, and not to mention having a 1/4 of the dialog.
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

Sabby

Reach was an admirable attempt to recapture the darker feel. A lot of the Covenant had a 'scary' redesign. The Grunts, for instance, weren't as bumbling, the Jackals were more raven-like, the Elites were much faster, everything was just more intimidating and a lot less vocal. It wasn't enough, but I appreciated the effort.

Jusey1

Halo maybe one of my favorite series but lost interest in newer Halos after Halo 4.

However, am glad they are still continuing it and hope everything still works out well for 343. I'm just gonna stick behind and play Bungie's Halos.

River

Destiny is going to be the new Halo..
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

Inkidu

Quote from: River on May 26, 2014, 01:15:24 AM
Destiny is going to be the new Halo..
That's probably not a good thing.

River

I'm looking forward to it, I need something Halo Like to get my teeth jnto
𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

Inkidu

Quote from: River on May 26, 2014, 07:05:08 AM
I'm looking forward to it, I need something Halo Like to get my teeth jnto
I can just see it now though, "Why did Bungie leave Microsoft for Sony just to make Halo 2.0?"

"More of the same..."
"Trying to make lighting strike twice."
Etc, etc.

Bungie can make other stuff. They used to make RTSs before Marathon. :P

Jusey1

Quote from: Inkidu on May 26, 2014, 07:44:01 AM
I can just see it now though, "Why did Bungie leave Microsoft for Sony just to make Halo 2.0?"

I think Bungie left Microsoft for Sony mostly due to the disagreements.

Bungie actually wanted to end the Halo series after Halo Reach, believing it would be time to allow the game to end (and to some, with a bang as Halo Reach had pretty much everything that the previous Halos has) but Microsoft didn't want it to end and wanted the Halo series to continue (Because Micro$oft wants to continue making profits from it) and things happened... Now we have 343 working on Halo and Bungie going on to do their own thing (possibly mad at Microsoft too).

I honestly respected Bungie's choice greatly because knowing when to end something before it becomes bad is a smart thing to know and do... (Look at Spongebob for example... That cartoon is obviously just awful now-a-days; not like what it use to be... It should've been ended a long time ago).

Inkidu

Quote from: Jusey1 on May 26, 2014, 12:00:06 PM
I think Bungie left Microsoft for Sony mostly due to the disagreements.

Bungie actually wanted to end the Halo series after Halo Reach, believing it would be time to allow the game to end (and to some, with a bang as Halo Reach had pretty much everything that the previous Halos has) but Microsoft didn't want it to end and wanted the Halo series to continue (Because Micro$oft wants to continue making profits from it) and things happened... Now we have 343 working on Halo and Bungie going on to do their own thing (possibly mad at Microsoft too).

I honestly respected Bungie's choice greatly because knowing when to end something before it becomes bad is a smart thing to know and do... (Look at Spongebob for example... That cartoon is obviously just awful now-a-days; not like what it use to be... It should've been ended a long time ago).
I get that, my point sort of is though that they're pigeonholing themselves. :|