Craving Spooky

Started by SpiralSpider, September 25, 2018, 01:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralSpider

It's that time of year again. I always find myself wanting a bit of scary right about now and I was wondering if anyone has a group I could join that fits the theme?

If not, then I'm open to starting something new. I do prefer supernatural spooky versus simply crazy people/slashers.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Mathim

Quote from: SpiralSpider on September 25, 2018, 01:23:13 PM
It's that time of year again. I always find myself wanting a bit of scary right about now and I was wondering if anyone has a group I could join that fits the theme?

If not, then I'm open to starting something new. I do prefer supernatural spooky versus simply crazy people/slashers.

I had been wanting to start a game based on the movie The Final Girls, where a group of friends finds themselves sucked into an 80's slasher flick, and are forced to participate in the script. They may know how the story goes and the rules of the universe (who dies first, how to defeat the killer, etc.) but their mere presence and interference causes things to go off the rails. I was thinking of having it be matched up with a pantheon of slasher villains being dropped into the game so it's not just one.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SpiralSpider

I'm not really familiar with The Final Girls.

nailcrosser

I’m always craving spooky. I’ve got an idea about a cult compound in a (literal) ghost town. Players could be cultists, outsiders, maybe even ghosts. The cult’s central goal is to understand the spirit world and form allies with the dead, in exchange for wealth/confidence/knowledge or whatever. But, this connection leaves them vulnerable to other realms that they don’t necessarily know about. Demons and other alien entities cross over and possess certain characters, and the others have to find a way to exorcise them.

SpiralSpider

That sounds like lots of fun!

nailcrosser

I’ll flesh it out a bit more and message you once I’m out of work.