The Eighth Winter (if you don't know, then now you know)

Started by Photo, February 06, 2012, 04:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narianna

Quote from: Drake Valentine on February 25, 2012, 08:51:02 PM
Interesting, but I am slightly confused.

Are there demon-demons or are demons just referred to as vampires?  >.>

Maybe I missed something. *Goes back through spoilers.*

I'm pretty sure there are both demons and vampires. A vampire happens when a demon takes over the body of a living being. That's how I understand it, at least. There's an encyclopedia that he's made in the threads section that better defines vampires.

Photo

Drake,

Demons in this game infest the Earth in thousands of different species and breeds. The most prevalent beast on this plane is the vampire, for it has had the ability to slip through our populations unnoticed for centuries.

Suddenly inspired and adding this to the encyclopedia: The Parasi-nosfero, commonly known as a vampire is a very specific breed of demon that wanders through hell without corporeal form. The Parasi-nosfero is a mischievous and truly demented species of demon. As legend has it (The Sages legends, which are pretty fucking legit) this 'vampyre' is eternal in the underworld as well. there, they live in the trillions, shapelessly conforming other's thoughts and perceptions. It seems that this creature was inspired to mentally torture damned creatures and demons alike. The loud hisses, whispers, and chuckling flares in the belly of hell are these creatures in dance, collectively creating the winds of evil. When these malicious spirits obtain a body, this purpose is inflicted upon something that has already been formed. Corrupting them absolutely.

The other demons are currently contained in my imagination, but i promise you beasty's. There are plenty of them, just need to work up the energy for it. That is my long response.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Drake Valentine

*Head slow tilt to one side.*

Soooo and sorry, just trying to figure this all outs. xD

Demons are looked upon than as more parasite beings that consume a host/warped said host?

Or do they also physically inhabit the earth?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

CarnivorousBunny

From what I understood they were more like zombies that didn't rot, which, now that I think about it, is technically what vampires are. An undead body possessed by evil that want to spread the destruction, corruption and death. I see them as an evil energy like a curse, that latch on to 'empty'/soulless bodies. Parasite makes me think of Alien so it's more scifi than fantasy >_>
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Photo

My friend and I have had this discussion a number of times when it comes to my vampires. He's gotten upset with me, telling me that it doesn't make any sense.

Of course, I disagree. haha. The demons of the earth in this game all come from hell. When they come to earth they become a scourge. They are not parasites, they're an invading force. So it's not fantasy. I suppose it's a little bit like sci-fi but i've always seen it as an occult monster flick from the 70's. My vampires are evil, none of them are good. That's the key to this. Think of Louis and Lestat from 'Interview with the vampire'. Louis is ashamed of himself and doesn't REALLY want to kill. Lestat is a beast that enjoys his life, and gets pleasure from hunting and feeding. All of my vampires are like Lestat, and unless otherwise affected by magic, none of my vampires are like Louis. The human soul has vanished, a demonic image has replaced that person. However, the memories, and personality of that person is absorbed into the parasi-nosfero. I hope that makes it easier to understand.

(the closest vampires that resemble mine are Joss Whedon's from Buffy the vampire slayer. the differences are thus: my vampires do not turn into dust when they die, my vampires don't have a disgusting 'game-face' when ever they get angry or feed, and... most of them gain a slight sense of style and cunning when the demon gains control, a lot of the vampires from Buffy were stupid and thug like, that's only the case in this game when the vampire has significantly stupid brain to work with.)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Drake Valentine

Hmm, alrightie then.

Next inquiry.

When joining as demon, are we allowed to define our choice of whatever species/breed?

Also do demons have any limitations to power(s)?

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Photo

Ha, Drake, you should probably send me the idea you have for your demon, and we'll make it work. This world encompasses almost anything you can imagine, and I'm pretty flexible
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Chaosfox

This caught my eye Just now I may look into it more later tonight if not then sometime this week I will probally join but I do not know what I would join as yet
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Photo

Well!

There's a lot to absorb, so let me know if you have any questions. AND, if you are completely at a loss for what kind of character you would like to play, I would like to suggest the following:

A rogue demon hunter
A male or female slayer
A priest of some kind

Bare in mind that all of these character's could be evil or good, that's all up to you, and of course, I'm not limiting to things like character creation. I just wanted to slip in some possibilities.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Photo on February 26, 2012, 08:52:07 PM
Ha, Drake, you should probably send me the idea you have for your demon, and we'll make it work. This world encompasses almost anything you can imagine, and I'm pretty flexible

Will get too ASAP. Just got to figure out how to go about explaining the thought of said demon. ^_^

Photo

right on. It'll be cool to have some one on the dark side of this game, it'll help the narrative a lot, and give the 'white hat' good guys a good taste of the evil doers before they decide to show themselves to the defensive warriors of Anders
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Chaosfox

Sorry this took so long last week of classes and had project to work on last week
Name: Linell Salfor
Race: Human
Actual Age:28

Affiliation: Rouge Demon Hunter

Personality: Linell is a very quite individual he does not speak much and does not easily trust others  nor does he easily make friends with others though he will gladly help others out whenever they may be  in a bind. He is also a very even tempered and is not quick to get angry though he can be quite a passionate fighter and can be especially vicious when fighting against demons.  Also once Linell does make friends he tends to be open with them and if they break that trust that was formed it is nearly impossible to gain back.

Back story: Linell was born in the street camp and learned at an early age that making friends was not worth it. A lot of h is friends died over the years but that wasn’t he worse of it. The worse memory that Linell holds is the death of his parents, when he was only 10 years old Linell watched from his hiding spot as his parents fought to defend their home but were overwhelmed and both killed. 

After his parents death Linell went into hiding living off the land. During the day he would train and forage for food and at night would hide and rest over 8 years of this Linell became proficient at many different survival skills as well as the use of various weapons used in killing demons.  That was when he started his career as a demon hunter.

At first he stayed around the street camp helping families for foods or for the chance to have a roof over his head. The he started venturing to other areas living off the land when he had to and staying with folks when they let him.  It was simple life and he enjoyed it.

Now Linell lives a cabin situated somewhere between the street and gate camps.  He does random jobs for people not often taking money for payment, instead he usually takes food or other materials for what he has done but over all he does because he carries that scar from that one night his parents died. 
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Photo

Updating the title of this thread, for most of the characters we need have been found..

There are a couple people who displayed interest that have yet to share with me any of their ideas. It is not too late for some one to enter, but the main concern now is whether anyone is willing to go the extra mile. In admitance, I'm bumping this thread to see if we can collect one more epic writer.

Please, if you feel like you can make this game more interesting than it already is, PM me, or post here. It's all the same, really. ( I sort of need a villain.)

If anyone would be willing to look at the character thread, ALL NPC's are worth being taken control of by a writer. Finally, this game is so big, we could fit over thirty writer's in it. (I'm positive) If that were to happen, we would stretch out the number IC boards (there are currently four).

"He's got, high in the sky... apple pie, hopes"
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Karasu

My guy, as you know, could possibly go evil.. he's nuetral atm XD
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

CarnivorousBunny

I've been tempted to play a villain. If I can come up with an interesting concept I'll fill up a character sheet :P
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Photo

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Karasu

Photo

Massive updates to this thread, as far as I'm concerned anyway! check out the original post. ...

Deja vu
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Karasu

Photo

So, it occurred to me recently that there was a largely important section of information that I've left out up until now. There is magic in this game, and i've always said that it's so expansive, that it doesn't matter what anyone comes up with, it will probably fit. Right, well, I was so concerned with Vampires, and Sages, and bad guys, and creating characters to support the game that i forget to describe how magic is actually performed in the game.

So, The Jikundi Truun have two training regiments: One is called Black Arts. the other is called Ritual Magic

These are the two kinds of magic that we're dealing with here. The two variety's assist each other, but they exist in large part by themselves as well. And in order to be truly powerful it is important to train in both of these aspects, or ascertain some kind of gift for one, the other, or both.

Black Arts/ Dark Arts/ Hand Magic - These powers are manifested on command. The caster can prepare spells in advance, and devastate their obstacles. This includes fire throwing, wards or shields, telekinesis, aura projection or body energy blasts, lightening bolts, etc. One can make their power stronger by using Ritual magic, but the actual act of most battle ready magics are restricted to this variety. The real strength of the magic is entirely dependent on the user(s). If multiple witches use the same spell together, their force will be stronger, naturally. Again, ritual magic and practice in the dark arts may increase the strength of an individual witch. But, it is not guaranteed, most are born with the gifts that they receive.

Ritual Magic - This form of magic is performed in private places so that no one can disturb the process. These spells take a long time to produce, and often aren't involved with directly harming anything. this includes summoning of demons, enchanting space with protective shields, cursing some one or some thing, altering ones own appearance or personality, focusing power into people or instruments of magic, portal creation, etc. In general, the more the merrier when it comes to ritual magic: Four candles works, but why not four hundred. One person can do it, but seven people chanting in the corner would create a large force of energy to use. If you need to burn a picture, a match can do the job, but a bon fire will intensify the spell. Further, people without any natural ability with the dark arts, can use ritual magic without any trouble, and even introduce the magic into the body. Ritual magic is the gateway magic.

And another brief note that means a great deal about the magic: there is pretty much no exception, magic is dark energy being used to manifest human desire. It is evil, if one can use it with dignity and honor, they are held in high regard. this is partially why the Truun house is so well respected.

I'll be updating a few different pages with this information. As for all new world rules, nothing is expected to change in accordance with this information. It is only meant to help inform the other players.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Karasu

Karasu

Photo

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Photo

If anyone is looking to join this enormous game, please do not be intimidated, I'm the only one that really needs to understand the full scope of this world. On the other end of the spectrum, if you're excited to be involved in an imaginitive world, such as Anders, welcome. I am willing to answer any questions. For this little game has a tendency to expand upon itself.

I'd like to say that I've completed the maps for The Gate, Street, and Wall Camps. They serve a very limited purpose, but perhaps they will become useful. I'll post them here, the encyclopedia, the ooc, and likely at the opening to their own respective threads. I may even open up three new RP boards, but that seems a bit absurd... second thought, yeah, likely never going to happen

I have been forced to bump this interest thread again because a few of my players have dropped out of the game. It's a shot to my confidence, because I've taken a LOT of time to build this world in a way where others can enjoy it. Um....I think that's all. We could probably have a whole bunch of new players if they happened to show up.

I've re-worked the original post a tiny bit... It's worth looking over for new players, old players, you could probably live without it. I'll write in this again, when the new maps are up.

-Your patient DM, Photo
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Narianna

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in and say that this is probably my favorite game I'm currently in. It has soo much potential, a great GM, and wonderful players. The creativity astounds me and I'm more than excited to see what the future holds for it.