American Gods

Started by wigglebiscuit, May 01, 2017, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wigglebiscuit

This needs to be a thing we do here. Why isn't this a thing?

I read the book years ago, and just finished watching the first episode, which was AMAZING.

So...anyone with me? Or am I alone here? Which character would you like to play? A canon, or something original? Old gods or new gods? For me, it's Bilquis all the way!

Kitteredge

"I'm a god. I'm not THE God... I don't think."

Can I be Phil Connors from Groundhog Day?

wigglebiscuit

Quote from: Kitteredge on May 01, 2017, 10:26:27 PM
"I'm a god. I'm not THE God... I don't think."

Can I be Phil Connors from Groundhog Day?
Confession: I never saw it!

Swashbuckler

OH man, how is this not a thing.

I'd totally do an old god.  Or perhaps a certain down on his luck Leprechaun....  ;)

yesiroleplay

This setting was made for Scion - in fact we talked about it in the OoC of our Scion game.
It actually almost seems like the author of the book was a Scion player actually.

HairyHeretic

I'm pretty sure the Scion design team credit American Gods as one of their inspirations.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

wigglebiscuit

I've never played Scion, but I'd be willing to give it a go for a chance to dabble in this setting.

HairyHeretic

If anyone wants to know more about Scion, feel free to PM me. It's one of my favourite games.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Missy

HairyHeretic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gods_(TV_series)

It's a TV show adaptation of a very good book by Neil Gaiman :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Swordsman18

Yankee Pantheon, what!?

Besides that, yes it is very much a playable Scion setting. Now if second edition will come out sometime in my near future, I cause I need want it!

HairyHeretic

Yeah, that WWII stuff in the Companion wasn't great. Hopefully we'll have 2nd ed in the next few months.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Swordsman18

I actually moved the Yankee Pantheon into a modern setting. I could not think of a good rework of their pantheon purview though.

wigglebiscuit

What's yankee pantheon?

HairyHeretic

Part of the Scion Companion sourcebook was a WW2 setting, which had the different Pantheons and Deities involved in the war. Where most of the Pantheons took familiar deities for the main part, they also created an 'Allied' pantheon with a mixture of English, French and Russian characters, and a specific Yankee one. You could call them cultural representatives of the country, but they don't make very good deities. Uncle Sam, Pual Bunyan, Columbia, Betsy Ross and so on. The only one that really works is Br'er Rabbit, but he's an evolution of one of the Native American Gods, Coyote.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

yesiroleplay

I would be so in this if someone decides to run it.  Preferably in Scion.

greenknight

Whenever I hear the term "American Gods," I immediately think of the Glass Walkers' spirit/totem/thing Almighty Dollah. I'm pretty sure Shadowrun has an analogous totem, too.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150