News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Hunted, the Hunters, and the Hiding (IC)

Started by bluemoon, January 07, 2010, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demik

Red turned and looked at Mika on the ground. She walked over, pulling a metal flask from her pocket as she did. She plopped down next to the lycan and handed her the flask, "It's whiskey. Michael likes me to hold onto it for him because I keep it warm. He likes it really warm. It's supposed to be a good kind too but I really wouldn't know. They don't let me have any." She ran her fingers through the long grass and flowers and said softly, "We're only trying to make the world safe so people don't have to live in fear. I was just a baby when they took me in. I kinda remember my parents. It's just voices really and I can remember their faces. That's all though. My family says they killed them because they had been terrorizing a lot of people. I was innocent though so they took me in and raised me to be helpful and to protect people."

bluemoon

Mika sat up, taking the flask in her hand. She chuckled as she opened it, taking a swig. "And you believed that load of crap? They kill us, not because we terrorize them, but because they are afraid we are out numbering them. They kill us out of the potential that they will no longer rule this world. They probably only took you in because you were un-set in your ways, and they could mold you into a killer, tracker." Mika threwherself back down on the ground, taking another swig. "All humans are liers..." she closed her eyes, and began to mumble to herself, "I hate the fact that I ever was one."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red plucked a blade of grass and said as she pulled it into little strips, "It's just one big, nasty circle isn't it? The Vampires, Demons, Lycans and everyone just want to live and have their friends and family and the Humans want the same. Both see each other as a threat and try to destroy each other. How do I choose a side? I'm a Demon but Humans raised me. They are my family... even if they don't always treat me so good. I'm sorry I'm sure you don't want to hear about my problems. Are you hungry? I can make us something to eat. I'm a really good cook. There is a little herd of deer over that way and if I get one it'll make a good meal. Or there's some wild pigs off there. I'm sure I can find some vegetables, maybe some berries... What do you think?"

bluemoon

Mika sighed, rolling onto her side, propping herself up. "You don't understand...most of us left humans alone for a long time, yet humans hunt us, only because of our rising numbers. I will admit that since humans have been hunting us for petty reasons, the amount of humans being killed has increased, but nothing compared to the amount of demons, lycan, vampire, and many other breeds being hunted down. Do we not hold the same right as humans?" She sighed, shaking her head at the demon's ignorance. "The fact that they raised you does not make them your family, Demon..." She stood up, stretching her arms out. She scratched at her hair for a moment, "I'm not exactly hungry...though if you are, I have no problems in hunting."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red just sat in the grass contemplating what Mika had said. Just because they had raised her didn't make them her family? Then what would they be? She suddenly realized the lycan was waiting for her and jumped up, "I am a bit hungry." She looked around and spread out her senses then pointed to the forest that lay at the edge of the grassy field, "The wild pigs are off that way I think one of those would be good." She took off running down the hill and to the forest. A little way in she slowed and began creeping along to sneak up on the pigs. They were rooting around in a small clearing. Red eyed them and decided to take the fat elderly female of the group. She pulled her short bow from her back and notched a silver tipped arrow then let it fly. It hit the pig in the eye, killing it instantly. The other pigs were confused at first, looking for the assailant, but then ran off. Red walked into the clearing and looked around it, "Why don't we stay here? It's a nice little clearing." She took her arrow from the pig's eye and laid it aside. "Do you want to skin the pig or look for vegetables and stuff?" she asked.

bluemoon

Mika shook her head. "I usually eat my meat raw, and like to hunt for mysef personally. But like I said, I'm not all that hungry." She lifted the hefty wild sow from the ground with ease, a seemingly impossible feat, even for large male humans. Good thing she had lycan strength on her side. She lifted it by its leg, then bound the legs between her hand, to disperse the weith. She wouldn't want the leg to rip off just yet. "I don't think I could stay here. It is nice, but I lived where I did not because of how nice it was. That place had sentimental value to me."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red looked at her quizzically for a moment then said, "Oh, I didn't mean forever I just mean for now. I'll take you back to your home soon enough but not yet, they'll still be waiting for you. Then they'd kill you and all this would be for nothing. Unless... you really want me to take you back... They are going to be so mad at me they might completely forget about you... you could possibly slip away and at least then you'd be closer to home and not have to rely on me to get you back." She really hoped that wasn't what the lycan wanted but if it was she'd do it. She suddenly blushed and said, "I just realized we don't even know each others names. I'm Red." She twirled her long red hair and said with a half smile, "They weren't very creative in naming me..."

bluemoon

"I'm fine with staying here for a while..." she said, carrying the hog back to the clearing upon the hill. She set it down on the ground in front of her, looking around for a moment. "Fetch some firewood and herbs, I assume you want this cooked." She allowed her sharp claws to grow, scraping against the hogs skin, removing the bristly hairs. "A name is no more than a formality, something to call you. If you prefer something else, why not be called that instead? I am called Mika."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Ramael

Razuel had picked up the scent again, and this time it was not far off.

Here, piggy wiggy...iggy?

Abruptly, the demon paused in his loping through the grass. Standing up straight and scenting the air, Razuel's thick ash-black hair shimmered as the youth scanned from left to right. Large ears twitching, grey-green eyes unblinking, the demon was straining all his senses on the target that had previously been so close.

Now frowning, slowly resumed his pace. Gone? Just like that? Can't be human hunters. They carry that awful packaged gruel on missions...the only thing that could snap up a live animal like that is...

Razuel's glittering eyes widened. It was clear now.

Breaking into his loping run once again, he headed for where the source of the delectable, living, breathing animal smell had vanished. Hunger nearly forgotten in his excitement, the young demons mind raced.

How long has it been since I've seen another? Maybe this one's from my clan?

Razuel had been on his own stalking humans so long he had nearly forgotten the only thing he treasured above a warm meal. Company.

Sprinting headlong now, he closed his eyes. Not to hurl headlong into a tree, however. Although his sense of smell wasn't as keen as a lycans, or his bloodsense as strong as a vampires, Razuel did have other senses he owed to his demon heritage that could be useful.

As his eyes rolled up into his skull, he became aware of another sight. Sketchy, grey shapes swarmed into Razuel's consciousness and slowly came to resemble the forest he had just closed his eyes on. He could see each tree stump clearly as he bounded over it, each clump of grass, each wild mushroom with much more clarity than he could with his normal eyes. Concentrating now, he zoned in on the shape ahead, and was instantly dismayed.

Another?! Not demon...

Razuel strained his mind-sight farther. It was a sense, but also one that had to be practiced, and Razuel wasn't as advanced as some of the elder members of his clan. Now he was nearly on top of the pair, and tried to slow his pace. No doubt they would have heard him crashing through the undergrowth by now anyway.

As he slowed to a halt, he ended his mind-sight and reopened his physical eyes, not needing any special senses to recognise the other figure that sat with the demon he was so keen to meet.

Lycan...

Too late for subtlety, Razuel cursed his headlong entrance and hoped the lycan didn't harbour any ill towards demon folk. Razuel had seen clashes between the two races before...and they were never pretty.

Standing now before the two, chest heaving, he could make them out. One, an attractive blonde...latina? was hunched over the carcass of a boar, in a red kimono. The other, another female, was tall and tanned, her deep scarlet hair swirling from the top of her head.

Catching his breath, Razuel now felt rather self-conscious.

"...uh...Well met. Thats a...quite a catch, you have there." The youth stumbled.

bluemoon

ika heard an unruly rustling in the woods, her finely tuned ears catching every sound as the demon pranced towards where the prey had been caught. She inhaled, taking in the scent carried on the wind, demon? Another? "Well, it seems we have company," Mika said, only moments before the demon ran into the open.

Mika slowly turned, her fine features revealing, she was definaltely not latina. Some of her features may have been mistaken as such, but her features were obviously different. "Yes...it is Demon..." Mika said, examining the newcomer. It always interested her, how demons could develope so differently from one another. "What did you come here for? I doubt you found us by accident."
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red had been picking herbs from around the clearing, considering what Mika had said about names, when she heard the rustling and felt something drawing near. She was surprised, to say the least, when another demon came into the clearing. She stayed silent after the lycan spoke, looking between Mika and the newcomer. She wasn't sure what to think of his sudden appearance but he didn't seem to be hostile. For one he wouldn't have come crashing through the woods if he had been sneaking up on them. She hadn't ever been around another of her kind when she wasn't fighting them. Suddenly she asked, "Would you like to join us for dinner?" she blushed deeply and said more softly, "We have more than enough..."

Ramael

Quite a catch!? Anyone would think you were talking to fishermen, Razuel!

The young demon berated himself mentally. He could not blame the lycan for being suspicious. He was even becoming suspicious of himself. His large ears twitched absentmindedly, and he bit his lower lip with a fang.

"I, uh, came here for...well, I was tracking this big boar, you see...it...well it's..."

Razuel fumbled and decided to change subject. "Well, recently I heard there were troop movements...human troop movements...I've been shadowing them for a while but they are large in number and...well, today I guess I let my belly get the better of me."

He turned to the red haired woman as she offered him the very beast he had been hunting on a plate, literally. Awed at her gratitude, he nodded his head eagerly.

"Yes, thank you! That's good of you. My name is Razuel, by the way. Are you always this kind to strangers?"

Razuel looked around awkwardly. He desperately wanted to ask the red-haired woman just exactly how she goes about the civilised concept of "dinner" with a lycan, but Razuel thought the two could be long-time friends and didn't want to upset the equilibrium. What he wanted more was to ask her of her lineage and how long the demoness had been out here...Razuel liked to think of these parts as his territory.

bluemoon

Mika rolled her eyes as Red seemed to gush over the male. She returned to the sow, scraping the thick layers of hide, almost tenderizing it. "We need something to roast it on, Red. Where is the fire wood I asked for?" Mika was calm, and almost seemed to ignore the newcomer all together. She grinned, laughing silently to herself. normally, she would merely devour the raw meat then and there.

"You know, its a good thing I'm not eating, or there might not be enough for everyone," Mika grinned, letting go of the kill. She stood up, brushing off her kimono...more like wiping her hands on it. She sighed, throwing her hands behind her head, her claws reverting back into her human nails.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red blushed even more when he asked if she was always so kind to strangers. "Um.. I... that is..." she stammered but then she was saved by Mika asking her where the firewood was. That was something she could easily answer, "There's no need for a fire. Here." She grabbed the sow and placed it on a nearby rock then sprinkled the herbs over it, rubbing them into the flesh a bit. She placed her hands on it, they glowed red, like hot metal. Soon the smell of cooking meat was sent wafting around the clearing and within a couple of minutes the sow was fully cooked perfectly. Red shook her hands like she was shaking water off of them to cool them off a bit and looked around the clearing. She found what she was looking for and went to pick up a large piece of bark that had fallen from a tree and was fairly clean. She brushed it off a bit and broke it into three pieces for them to use as plates. She handed one to Mika even though she had said she wasn't going to eat and then held one out to Razuel. "These will work for plates... go ahead and get what you want." she said softly.

Ramael

Razuel watched in interest as the scarlet-topped demoness worked her magic onto the animal flesh. With widening eyes, the young demon watched as she cooked the meat with her bare hands. Looking from the meat, to the woman and back again, he uttered in an awed tone;

"You're...a fire demon? Wow, I've never met one before..."

Razuel was prevented from saying more as the smell from the cooking meat and herbs reached his nose and sent a crushing wave of hunger through his body and threatened to buckle his knees.  Giving in, he gladly accepted the improvised dish and tore himself a chunk of meat, glistening with juices and giving off delightful smelling steam. Sinking his teeth into the food, he could not stop a moan of sheer pleasure eminating in his throat. Squishing in his behind into the grass on the ground while he ate, he regarded the pair.

From her bossyness, he would have said the blonde lycan was the one in charge here...but the redhead had defied her by giving her a plate when it wasn't asked for...hmm.

After the first few greedy mouthfuls, Razuel found he had enough will to manage speech again.

"My deepest thanks. Apparantly along with being a fire demon, you have a talent with food as well. This is...fantastic."

He chewed another mouthful thoughtfully, regarding the two again. Wiping away juices from his mouth with the back of his hand, he remembered he had neither of their names. They can't be that scared of me to remain anonymous while I eat their food...

"Now I know you must have names, and aren't simply out here for the good of wandering hungry demons."

bluemoon

Mika sat there, tossing the make-shift plate to the ground. "I said I didn't want any..." Mika growled lightly. It was more of irritation than aggression. "Besides, if i'm going to eat something, its going to be cooked over a wood fire, not by the hands of a demon...I like the smoky flavor..." Mika sat back down, tossing her head back again, onto the plush grass. It was slightly irritating, that she had to introduce herself again, but formalities and what not.

She sighed, closing her eyes, remembering her make-shift home back in the woods. She didn't want to know what they'd done to her things anymore. It was in the past now. "I am known as Mika..." she spoke softly, her voice like a gentle whisper on the wind. She was not like most lycan, and hated few species for being what they were, besides humans. She hadn't trusted humans in decades, though her body looked no older than two(decades) at the most.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red flinched and ducked her head when Mika threw down the plate and growled at her. She said softly, "I-I'm sorry..." She pulled a good chunk of meat from the animal and put it on her makeshift plate. Then she walked over and sat apart from both of them to nibble at her food. She replied to Razuel, "I'm Red... my name I mean. Yes, I am a fire demon. I'm glad you like it. I always cook for my family it's one of my duties." She suddenly felt uneasy talking about her family with this demon. Mika knew who her family was and what they did but he didn't. What would he think? Would he attack her if he found out? She didn't want that. She neither wanted to be hurt or to hurt him. She fell silent, her eyes going to the ground like she saw something terribly interesting there as she brought another piece of meat to her lips and nibbled at it.

Ramael

Razuel arched an eyebrow in surprise at Mika's display of irritation. Still, only to be expected from a lycan, he supposed. Razuel continued to watch the female as he ate, still pondering.

Weren't the standing monkeys using lycans as pets now?

Razuel surmised that this could well be the source of Mika's irritation, especially if confronted with two other beings of different race. He slurped juice from his fingers loudly.

"I apologise if my presence here has caused discomfort. I came only to find others who were in hiding, or otherwise..."

Turning his head to Red, he smiled. The demoness was definately the weaker of the pair. Whilst Razuel bristled at Mika's petulance, Red seemed to let it go and even apologise. He surmised that this Red may have had a life of similar servitude...but from who? She wouldn't have been treated like that under his clan.

Trying to make good with them both, he first licked his plate clean and beamed at Red happily, showing both fangs.

"That was the most succulent thing I've eaten in over a fortnight. Thank you, Red," Razuel bowed shortly before her, his teeth and charms necklace dangling from his body as he did so.

Turning back to the irate lycan girl, he assumed an air of deference. He would reprimand her about her treatments of demons later. Now was not the time.

"Mika. Do you have any plans for being out here in the woods? Whilst we are more at home here, human advances have been known to come this far out...I assume you HAVE had contact with humans, yes?"

Try as he might, the young demon could not keep a tone of cynicism from his voice. He did not like the way the lycan treated a fellow demon, and he was struggling not to show it. Still, there were more important matters afoot, he supposed...

bluemoon

It could only be expected of Mika to be irritable with Red. It was Red who had led the human hunters to her home, who had plucked everything she had come to know and care for away from her. Mika had no problem with demons, but she was sure even Red understood her hostility. This newcomer though, she could feel his judging eyes, and his words caused an animalistic growl to rumble deep within herself.

"Do not speak to me like that, Demon." Mika had a very bad habit of calling beings by their species, rather than their titles. This was one of the reasons she found names to be quite pointless, but others seemed to enjoy the personal titles. "You don't understand the situation here, don't judge me." She wasn't about to gush out her life story to him, she instead ignored him. She rolled ont her side, facing away from the two, running her fingers through the gently swaying grass and clover.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Demik

Red hadn't just brushed it off an apologized because she understood why Mika was irritated but also because she was used to being yelled at or hit. She was always apologizing for one thing or another. She watched and listened to the two then before Razuel could snap back she said quickly, "Don't blame her. It's my fault she's irritated. She has every right to be snappy with me. I... I led my family to her home and they were going to kill her and the others that were there. When the others ran I took her away and teleported her here where she would be safe. She... isn't very happy with me but I think she kind of understands because she hasn't attacked me or anything for doing it. She just wants to be home but I can't take her back until I'm pretty sure they're gone otherwise they'll kill her and possibly even me... they'll definitely punish me severely for helping our target escape."

Ramael

Arching an eyebrow after Mika's curt response, Razuel watched her casually roll ove and start playing with the grass, a move that Razuel found frustratingly cute. Razuel blinked and took a deep breath to probe further when Red interrupted his chain of thought.

Listening to the flame-haired demoness, he clenched his teeth. Clearly there was more to this then meets the eye. Watching her as she talked, he tried to put pieces of this fragmented tale together.

"Who are your family, exactly? And what do they want with Mika? If you're to be punished by them for helping another sentient creature in a time of need, why are you fraternizing with them...I mean why..."

Razuel was confused. He growled a little, cleared his throat and shook his head, his dark locks shimmering and his necklace clicking as he did so.

"What others? If I understand nothing else, then I understand that if others are being hunted, then they deserve help. Help I came out here to give...primarily to other demons..." He aimed a curt glance at Mika's prone form, then returned his grey eyes to Red. "...but also to others, if they are in need."

Raising an eyebrow at Red, he half-smiled at the lithe demoness. "Although maybe a fire demon with the ability to teleport doesn't need help of any kind, eh?"

Xious

Jakir comes awake with a start, rolling over onto his stomach as the world spins above him. He shuts his eyes to quell the headache forming in his mind. As he draws in a breath, he notices something wrong. The air tastes wrong in his mouth, and his blood doesn't rush with the relief that is usually tied to the action. Attributing the sense of wrongness to his headache, he draws his knee's up and tries to rise. Another breath clears his head just enough for him to open his eyes. The sharp contrast of the earth to blood around it steals the short moment of clarity away. He could see every facet of the stones in the ground, pick out each individual detail of the blade of grass next to him, and watch every ripple of the puddle a few feet away.

He takes in a deep breath as the reality of the situation sinks in. He slams a fist down on the ground, making a deep imprint in the ground as he struggles not to scream. He didn't even have anywhere to go for the morning. He struggled for a few more moments before getting a hold of himself. He reaches over and picks up his sword from the mud, standing to his feet. He swings the blade sharply, spraying the dirt and blood that coated the blade onto the ground in a small crescent. As his thoughts ran chaotic through his head, he turns and begins trecking slowly down the forest path, away from the village; Away from his hideout; Away from his life.

Demik

As was her normal nervous habit Red reached up and twirled a piece of her red hair. She bit her lip, wondering what he would think of her when she told him but there was no getting out of telling him now short of lying and then Mika would probably not be happy with her and she didn't want to lie anyway. Finally she sighed and said, "My family goes by the name The Crimson Flood. We, they, are a rather famous hunter group in the area we frequent. They killed my parents when I was a baby and took me in and raised me. I... I've been questioning their motives lately though. We used to go after creatures that were causing trouble... or they told me they were causing trouble at least. Lately we've been going after ones who are out of the way though, like Mika, who couldn't possibly be causing trouble for anyone. I don't know why I did it... why I saved her and brought her here away from them all. I just couldn't let them kill her when she didn't deserve it. Now... I wonder if any of them really deserved it... I'm just confused. I've been protecting Humans all my life but then I went against what they wanted and suddenly I realized they might kill me for it. Mika says just because they raised me doesn't mean they are my family... and maybe she's right. Family wouldn't do that... right?"

bluemoon

Mika mumbled to herself at Red's query, continuing to flick her finger back and forth gently over an extra long blade of grass. "Unless you're a savage..." Of course, she was speaking of humans. They fought over such petty things, religion, money. At least animals fought only when it was needed, and always fought fair...with the acception of a few insects and the like. Those damn slave driver ants made a bad name for animals. But those higher up on the ladder, wolves, large cats, they didn't do such things, yet it was they who were considered beasts.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

WolfosTrodai

"LOST THEM?" Abhorrent, yelling at his high general Gerald. "How could you possibly have lost them, I sent you with a quarter of my entire garrison!" Fury has taken him over, he grabs his lycan 'pet' by the through and slams it against a near by wall killing it instantly. "NEXT TIME YOU COME BACK WITH BAD NEWS, THAT WILL BE YOU!" The twitching bleeding corpse of the beast slowly changes back to a young man no more than 20 years of age as it takes it's final gasping breath. "Get that, thing, out of here."

Abhorrent gestures for Gerald to leave.  "I'll kill them myself if I have to, SCRIBE!" He yells for his note taker. "Write to Millish, tell him I am going after the princess myself." Millish being the only person that Abhorrent would ever report to regardless of their rank. Millish was his fathers concubine, and Abhorrent only felt it right to keep him in the ring of people he would keep in line of succession.

As his squires load his carriages to be shiped to his next camp, he orders his stable to set up a few horses to cary him there in one night to start his search early, "I want all my men mobile by the morning."

"Yes sir." His stablemen ran to the barrack and a hustle broke loose for preparation.

"This should be fun." He laughs to himself. And straps his daggers to his waist, and gathers his swords.