Am I banned from the chat?

Started by Caehlim, September 18, 2008, 09:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caehlim

I tried to log into the IRC chat today and the room had 0 members in it. I used internet explorer to log on through the little applet program and didn't do anything special.

I could get onto the admin channel #sorcery just fine though, when I asked there, rockstar said he thought I was banned from the channel and it wasn't a problem he could do anything about.

Just wanted to find out if this is a glitch or if for some reason I've been banned. Can't imagine why I would have been banned but if so, I'd like to know and to know what I've done wrong.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Trieste

I... I don't think you're banned. I am about to go to bed for some badly-needed sleep, and none of the other ops appear to be around in the channel... We can check on it for you when one of us is around for a minute. I don't see you on the akick list or anything, though...

You can feel free to send a PM to the IRC ops if you'd like. They are Bliss, me, Kazae, Xillen and Vekseid... whoever is around first will help you out. :)

Caehlim

Good night. I'm off to bed myself and then I'll be going to work, so I can deal with it when I get home tommorow morning. I don't mind, I don't chat much, I just thought I'd try and was wondering why it didn't work. The idea that I'd been banned seemed a bit strange.

Anyway, thanks and goodnight. Seems like probably just a random glitch to me.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Vekseid

No, but there seems to be something wrong with the mibbit embedding. I'll have to look into this later, but for now you can either use the java chat or a real IRC program such as mIRC

Xillen

Problem found:

All mibbit users use the same IP. Therefor, whenever we ban a mibbit user, we include their ident in the ban. (mibbit users cannot change their ident, and their ident is unique for their IP. This only applies to mibbit users.)

However, mibbit seems to have changed IP, so when we banned someone rude from the channel yesterday, we didn't notice it was a mibbit user, and banned his complete IP, effectively banning all mibbit users.

The new mibbit hostmask is 6af785b7.ea592a9c.com.hmsk

It should go without saying that mibbit users are of course unbanned now :)

Vekseid

Trieste

I thought it would be that, but I was very, very tired last night and didn't want to touch anything. Then again, I think Xillen and Vekseid are both accustomed to my banning random people by accident now, or accidentally deleting people from the maop list, or accidentally kicking people when I mean to voice them...

... and the scary thing is, I know what I'm doing about twice as often as the normal IRC user. X_x

Glad it's fixed. :)