The Wyytch World (Mythic Pathfinder System/Freeform; Closed)

Started by SheerFantasia, March 31, 2014, 04:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SheerFantasia

Hello and Welcome one and all - I hope this post finds you well!  This will be a custom campaign setting of my own design and I'm looking for 4 to 6 plucky souls to get this adventure under way (of which I'd like to maintain a balance between female and male players in any given group).  This will be a fantasy based adventure on the darker side of things, and I'm looking for PCs aimed with heroism (possibly anti-heroism) in mind.  The quest itself will be a (very large) continent spanning one.  I am willing to run two version of this game simultaneously; a system version and a freeform version if there is enough interest.

The World will explain the campaign setting in general (and what themes you can expect will appear), and The Premise will brief you as to how it begins.

The World
Allukashia the Accursed: a world with no creation myth, no illustrious history, no romantic stories of heroes that brought hope to the world.  Five millennia ago, the Sattori, a mysterious cabal of ancient powers, cast out one of their own number – a vile witch named Allukashia – exiling her into the darkness that lies between the seams of reality.  There she raved and screeched in the vast empty void.  Though she could not return, she was not without means, and from nothingness she wove a great continent of dark enchantment, for even a fallen Sattori is a mighty font of magical power.  Upon its barren surface, in its deserted forests, and its lonely moors she brooded and ranted, and in the darkness she continued to enlarge the world of her delusion.
     Though she eventually found a way to leave, the hated Sattori had long since vanished, only to be replaced by the gods, who had since waxed mighty – her place in the ancient order of things was gone, leaving her with but one refuge to return to – the world and demiplane that now bears her name.  Though the ancient witch is gone, the her world has prospered from the ancient ley lines and portals she seeded across her world, which brought untold numbers through who sought a new start and a new life.

Perhaps because of the nature of its founder, women have always held the reigns of social and political power on Allukashia and a lingering darkness always seems to taint its people – where other worlds have seen all that is good and right striving to suppress resurgent evil, the world of Allukashia works in contrary: selfishness, greed, lust, oppression, deviance, and the ruthless drive to acquire ever more power are the natural order of things – to know love, a desire to aid others, seeking peace: these are seen as aberrations and sicknesses of the mind.
     The gods of good and righteousness are barred from entering or influencing the world, but the gods of darkness are very much present, and only a few cults dedicated to benevolent powers exist.  Twelve hundred years ago, darksome priests brought religion to Allukashia and thus began the only period of time where men held power under the dominion of the Priest-Kings.
     This period ended some seven hundred years ago with the rise of the Witch Queens, exterminating the corrupt priests and forcing their remnants to the very fringes of the civilised world.  The Witch-Queens once championed the Silver Flame – the greatest force of light on Allukashia – but in the centuries since their victory, they are falling to the same corruption and decadence as the Priest-Kings they ousted.
     Women now once again rule Allukashia, and under the influence of the Witch-Queens the world has been transformed; to have magic is strength, to be a woman is prestige, to have both is power.  Transvestism is common manner to temporarily gain better societal treatment, and it is common even for men born into nobility to assume the guise of womanhood simply to gain better respect of those they must lead.  But in the shadows, ambitious power-hungry men, who do not subscribe to accepted doctrine, remember that power exists for those who are willing to serve the dark powers of the cosmos, and every so often, a new Priest-King rises to challenge the established matriarchal order.

Allukashia is a singular mega-continent surrounded by unexplored ocean.  If there are further lands, no one knows of them; at least none that have returned.  Despite being populated for thousands of years, the lands are infested with dangerous flora and fauna which make expansion very difficult; travel between settlements outside of a kingdom go through heavily armed convoy.  Settlements outside of a kingdom are either heavily armed and defended; are geographically very isolated; have made dark deals with dangerous powers to ensure their safety.  To date only two small kingdoms exist on the vast continent: Vallusia ruled by the Witch-Queens, and Illusaran ruled by the Elves.
     The religion/cult of the Silver Flame replaces all Good gods (it is basically a merging of Desna, Iomedae, and Sarenrae, and divine oriented characters can choose to serve them as 'aspects' of the Silver Flame).  Every evil and neutral god is available to cleric characters.  The campaign also features several campaign specific deities, the most prominent of which are Zarus (the Lawful Evil god of Human supremacy <Domains: Evil, Law, Nobility, Strength, War) and Shar-Aminee (the Lawful Evil goddess of civilisation <Domains: Charm, Community, Evil, Law, Travel>)
     All standard races are available, but half-elves and half-orcs have almost been exterminated by the Church of Zarus (who views them as half-breed abominations that sully the human race), but those who survive have very close bonds regardless of their origin.  Elves generally fall in three categories: the drow of the underdark, those elves who serve the Lawful Evil kingdom of Illusaran and those who have fled it and live in/near human settlements.

All classes are available with some small restrictions:

• For Arcane magic, male characters can only choose from the Magus and the Wizard - inborn magic is the province of women on Allukashia.  Female characters can choose from any Arcane class, but culturally very rarely gravitate towards Magus or Wizard (following a tradition that was created to give men access to Arcane magic is seen as shameful).
  • The Oracle is unavailable to male characters, as it is an inborn magical ability.

The Premise
Your adventure does not begin on Allukashia - it begins here, on Earth.  One ordinary night, you are confronted by an apparition - whether in reality or in hallucination you cannot tell - but it implores you to save a world that is on the verge of dying, promising you a life unlike any other.  For whatever your own reasons, you accepted (perhaps you are jaded with the mundane world, perhaps living a fantasy is a dream come true to you, maybe you're on death row and see this as a second and only chance, etc...)  What you do know is that you were to appear in a forest glade to meet a guide who would aid you acclimate yourself and others.  It didn't happen.
     What did happen was that you found yourself reborn in literal fashion.  Your early years are hazy, but your thoughts became more and more clear as you grew (once again) into adulthood, however, having to live life again has dimmed your memory of your previous one.  Life on Allukashia is brutal for a child - there are no warm families, no sweet childhood friends - only a ruthless drive for success, fulfilment, and satiation.  Sometimes you thought you might have dreamed up your past life, but then you met the others, and together you confirmed your true identities and that this was not all some dream.  Whilst it has been hard, it has not without benefit.  Your new body seems to serve you better than your old one did (cue in character creation), and the hope for adventure and excitement always seems to loom on the horizon.

If you're still here after all that, then congratulations and thank you for reading!  The game would start at 1st level with a fast (story) progression through to 3rd, there after its (proper) adventure time.  I'd like to say first come first served, but if there is quite a bit of interest, I'll have to sort through and match a group together based on what I can see from O/O preferences.  For those of you who don't know about me as a GM, follow through to this section on my W.I.P. O/O page.

Post your interest here and use the following format (or a better one of your devising) to describe yourself and what interests are for the RP.

>>Concept Picture Here if available<<
[b]PC Description:[/b] E.g. (I think I would play this class, with these motivations and peeves, and desire, etc...)
[b]Game Type:[/b] Freeform or System?
[b]Featured Nemesis:[/b] E.g. (I'd love to face a dragon/the drow/army of rampaging orcs in an epic battle, etc..)
[b]Favourite Companions:[/b] E.g. (I like to work side by side with <noble types who are courteous and brave...><rough types who have lots of dark hidden secrets...><etc...>
[b]Sexual Themes:[/b] Optional. What you like to appear and what you absolutely don't want to deal with.

Many thanks for looking and happy adventures!

SheerFantasia

An important change I forgot to mention will be that I'll be doing a more narrative style of any battles done rather than the traditional grid based, in order to keep things moving rather than waiting on the tactical details.  This will involve players describing broadly what they're trying to accomplish to which I'll give them some options on skill checks and attack rolls, as well as factoring in their class abilities, so that they get a reasonable range of outcomes you can choose from deciding how much risk for reward you want to take.

I think we currently have 10 prospective players as listed below:
        lockepick, assleigh, torawashi, Muse, Marie Reynolds, EndofDivine, Callie Del Noire, Siereis, Ghostwheel, Elven Sex Goddess

I will take a look over everybody's O/O, characters and try and organise them into two groups that I think will work.  If someone wants help co-GM the game, I might not mind to have everyone work in one big group.  If we do separate into two groups, each group can either work in their own version of the world, or they can work in the same world, just as long as they agree not to intersect (too often at least, as it will allow me to concentrate on working with each).  I think the latter may be preferable, as any players who regrettably might have to leave, means that smaller group could merge with the other.  If anyone has thoughts on this, let me know.

• Group 1 (0/4; max 5):
  • Group 2 (0/4; max 5):

Campaign-wise:

• Female Characters (of any race) gain a bonus of +2 to either INT or CHA (their choice) in addition to any other bonuses they are entitled to.
  • Male Characters (of any race) gain a bonus of +2 to either CON or WIS (their choice) in addition to any other bonuses they are entitled to.

Lockepick

I'm tossing my hat in for interest! I'd prefer the System version, but I would still play in the free-form version as well.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

assleigh

Me too...system version...I read your game info and went SQUEE!

can I pwetty pweaz play a female summoner? Perhaps with a too close relationship with her Eidolon? I'd the image of being a lonely girl outcast "here" who escaped into fantasy worlds and dreamt of having a big strong protector to love her...

Something like...

PC Description: I would love to play a Summoner, a lonely girl outcast "here" who escaped into fantasy worlds and dreamt of having a big strong protector to love her but her life was too dark to allow her to believe in the myth of a Prince Charming. For her, she needed a Monster of her own, one who could dispatch the evil in her life with sharp claws and terrify all that which scared her. She would want to turn this new strength into something 'good', standing up for those who needed help, inspiring the downtrodden to twist the ankle of the foot on their neck grinding them into the dirt.
Game Type: System, please
Featured Nemesis: Necromancer cult with oddles of undead minions... That would be... Groovy
Favourite Companions: I like to work side by side with rough types who have lots of dark hidden secrets but a heart of gold. I would like it if a refined and noble person decided to befriend her, maybe gently teach her her past doesn't have to be her future and she can come out from under the dark cloud she lives under
Sexual Themes
Likes: Partners, male, female, other (Monsters, yay!), light bondage, romance, teasing, biting, scratching, rough housing, witty banter
Things I absolutely don't want to deal with: Vore, Scat, Piss, overly gross descriptions, but I'm a big girl and this is a fantasy world
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

torawashi

Definitely interested! Put me down for a male sorcerer. Leaning toward system, mostly because I love the bloodline rules in PF. >_> I'll put something up later today.

SheerFantasia

Thank you for you interest assleigh, lockepick, and torawashi, glad to have you three on board!

@ assleigh: Everything looks great, so let me stamp: CHARACTER APPROVED

@ lockepick & torawashi:  Great to have you guys, and I look forward to seeing your character concepts!

As further information: Everything that you know about the standard Pathfinder campaign setting (i.e. Golarion) has a place in this setting, which is particularly true of human ethnicities (Chelaxian, Keleshite, etc...).  Some things certain twists, most notable prestige classes and the like, have the societal roles altered to fit the world.  And now for ye olde map, which shows general human ethnic distributions (the encircled area in red is where PCs will begin; frontier like and with a fair degree of racial/ethnic diversity; click to enlarge):

assleigh

Yay! Thanks for the stampiness...I feel so valid and stuff  :)
Quick questions

• we using point buy, a stat array or rolling when making characters
  • Are we going to be using traits? I found one I love for my character, Masterful Demeanor

that's it for now
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Muse

Good morning. This looks awesome. Do you have room for another  Specifically for the system version? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

Before i put up a sheet would the Elan race be playable and are psionic classes not going to fit?

Lockepick

@Torawashi: Just realized you may want to check the lore again. I don't think men CAN be sorcerers.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

EndofDivine

Interested. Really liked the link to what kind of GM you are. You pretty much described my idea of a perfect GM. Anyway, I have a few ideas but I'll wait to see what else we have before I pick anything for sure. Also have a few questions if you don't mind...they might help influence my decision one way or another.

PC Description: I'd like to play a female elf witch with the insanity patron, a viper familiar, and a draconic heritage. She accepted the offer to come to this fantasy world to escape from a mental health institution which was holding her (without justification...according to her). She left a world where she was an outcast to join one almost tailored to suit her paranoia and delusions.

This new world was a place where everyone was as weary of those around them as she was and she now found herself in a position of power and in a body with truly special gifts. Magic came naturally for her and as her powers grew she began to attract attention from forces unknown to her. For some reason she was unaware of, reptiles seemed almost drawn to her - just as she was drawn to them - and in time she became intensely attached to one serpent in particular.

Even though its mouth never moved, she was certain that the snake spoke to her and interestingly enough, it spoke to her in a voice she recognized: the voice of her old self. As she increasingly indulged more and more in her delusions, her power continued to grow, fueled by some unknown force that fed off her insanity. Over the course of a few months, she pondered over several theories as to why such a thing had occurred, eventually arriving at the conclusion that the snake is her previous self or at the very least a portion of herself. She's also adopted the belief that the apparition that made the original offer was her current self...she did encounter the snake in the forest and was told to expect a guide to come and collect her in such a place after all.

She doesn't know how she did it but if she's right (and she's rarely ever wrong) then her purpose is to lead this snake to some greater destiny that will reveal itself in time. Because of this, she is overly protective of the serpent, fearing that losing it could have disastrous side-effects. She rarely lets her familiar stray from its usual perch atop her shoulders, its body typically wrapped around either her arm or neck like living jewelry.

Game Type: System with narrative combat sounds perfect.

Featured Nemesis: No preferences. Whatever makes sense for the story or setting. I imagine a dragon or some sort of madness related creature could be a realistic reoccurring NPC for her though.

Favourite Companions: She's fond of other "eccentric" types and people that will sit down and talk about things she finds interesting like why they were chosen or what they were chosen to do. Anyone that can hold a conversation about magic, dragons, or nature will likely have her full attention. She's also much more comfortable around elves; she grew up around them, understands them, and part of her even agrees with the way they do things.

Sexual Themes: Not that interested in the more extreme kinks or most D/s stuff. I can probably work with most things that aren't hard offs though because at the end of the day it's just text. Voyeurism and some exhibitionism are probably my only for sure kinks but I tend to be more on the tamer side of it.

Question time!

- Would a paladin have to be LG? Every concept and personality I've kind of bounced around for a paladin doesn't feel like the typical LG champion of good that they usually are.
- Do all the races age like humans or, for example, would someone in an elf body have been here longer?
- Can you elaborate a bit on the relationship and interaction between the sexes? How do women view men? How do men view women? Do men just kind of accept their station in life? Do women actively try to keep men down? Stuff like that.

torawashi

Quote from: lockepick on April 02, 2014, 03:40:00 PM
@Torawashi: Just realized you may want to check the lore again. I don't think men CAN be sorcerers.
SF and I are working something out via PM. I have some backup ideas (druid or ranger) if that doesn't work out.

SheerFantasia

A big welcome to all newcomers!  Right, let's start to address things:

Quote from: assleigh on April 02, 2014, 07:02:41 AM
Quick questions

• we using point buy, a stat array or rolling when making characters
  • Are we going to be using traits? I found one I love for my character, Masterful Demeanor
that's it for now
I would say, let's go with the point allocation system (with 20 points to go around) so that everyone has a fair creation method (dice rolls tend to be too 'swingy' for my liking!).  Traits are fine, and you can have up to two (or three if you take a flaw, as per Ultimate Campaign), and Masterful Demeanour is okay as long as your character is human.

Quote from: Muse on April 02, 2014, 07:29:53 AM
Good morning. This looks awesome. Do you have room for another  Specifically for the system version? 
Salutations Muse!  Of course.  We seem to have at least 3 or 4 prospective players and your participation would be most welcome!

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on April 02, 2014, 11:58:57 AM
Before i put up a sheet would the Elan race be playable and are psionic classes not going to fit?
Welcome Marie!  I cannot see any real problem with the race itself (they used to be my favourite in D&D 3.5!) so do feel free.  I can make psionic classes available to you, but there are some in-world issues with psionics of which I'll PM them to you within the next day for your information (and I do recommend knowing them before deciding).

Quote from: EndofDivine on April 02, 2014, 04:34:55 PM
Question time!

- Would a paladin have to be LG? Every concept and personality I've kind of bounced around for a paladin doesn't feel like the typical LG champion of good that they usually are.
- Do all the races age like humans or, for example, would someone in an elf body have been here longer?
- Can you elaborate a bit on the relationship and interaction between the sexes? How do women view men? How do men view women? Do men just kind of accept their station in life? Do women actively try to keep men down? Stuff like that.
Hello EndofDivine!  Let's get to addressing these questions!

• I see no real problem with a Paladin being of any Good alignment, though I am unaware of the mechanics that the developers chose to make it a LG alignment only (indeed, I am aware of the frustration of a LG only character!).  Shall we say that if you wish for a non-Lawful paladin, you may do so until we notice issues cropping up?  I may also create a new (but small) code of conduct such a character will have to abide by.
  • Let us say, for convenience sake, that all races achieve maturity(adulthood) at around the same age as humans (16), give or take a year or two.  If you prefer the original, I have no problem if you'd like to play as an elf who's been here a century before everyone else (I'll even provide info to help seem like such a character has been around that long, though they will have led a very sheltered life to account for a lack of experience).  All other ageing details remain the same (and yes, ageing may well come into effect as years will go by, depending on the roll of the dice).
  • Good question!  Men tend not to find their way into positions of leadership or political power.  They are not actively suppressed, but rather it's tradition ("it's always been this way so lets keep doing that" sort of mentality), with a only some radicals muttering every now and again.  Women may be a dominant in the power structure of society, but it doesn't make them the leather clad, whip wielding, and 'I only ride, never under' sort.  Women tend to enjoy a bit more confidence, secure in knowing that society (in general) is their oyster, where men just have to work a bit harder for it.
            Do keep in mind the very nature of the world doesn't engender softer, kinder emotions (unless the PCs make a social revolution) so men and women tend to look at each other (and their own) in terms of what advantages and benefits they can get, be it short-term, monetary, sexual, political, etc...  In short, if men and women seem to snap at each other, it's not a sexism issue, its a cultural one - as stated in the World description, the force of darkness seems to pervade and influence everything.  Hopefully, that helped!

Just as a further note, which I'll add in the entry post:

• Female Characters (of any race) gain a bonus of +2 to either INT or CHA (their choice) in addition to any other bonuses they are entitled to.
  • Male Characters (of any race) gain a bonus of +2 to either CON or WIS (their choice) in addition to any other bonuses they are entitled to.

Keep 'em coming!

Callie Del Noire

I would like to export over my 'iconic' teifling Mage if I could.

PC Description: Wizard (Preferably Evocation or Admixture), My 'real world' self would accept in hopes of escaping a life of disappointment and loneliness, thus coming over as a lot more hedonistic and care free.
Game Type: System
Featured Nemesis: 'Pure blooded' family rival or Spurned Lover(s) or someone tied to her 'Succubi' heritage.
Favourite Companions: Still thinking on it. Mostly good but occasionally selfish, I figure she tries to look out for her extended family and former lovers. I see a lot of those being her companions.
Sexual Themes: Optional. Mostly similar to my own, I see her as a big fan of tattoos and piercing (I foresee crafting magical tattoos and such if allowed)

Lockepick

PC Description: Human, Rogue, Trickster Path. Going skill heavy, mostly social skills and 'toolbox' skills. Probably won't have any stealth, preferring to 'hide in plain sight'. In the 'normal' world, he had a boring and tedious life; which comes out in the 'fantasy' world as an adrenaline-junky anxious to explore the world and every new experience he can get his hands on. A character who looks for the "High risk, high reward" in every situation, even if there isn't really one there. Combat Script will most likely be Flank with Two-Weapon Fighting.
Game Type: System (I'll re apply for Freeform if System fills up).
Featured Nemesis: I'm pretty open here. I suppose anything that is immune to Sneak Attack becomes a boring fight for a Rogue, but it's something I accept as a risk as a Rogue. Intelligent demi-humans are welcome (see Sexual Themes).
Favourite Companions: Fun-Loving Adventurous types, or arrogant control freaks that will do, or need to do, all the 'heavy lifting' on planning.
Sexual Themes: Yes, Please! M/M only, preferring the character to be the submissive/bottom of the pairing. Any kind of intelligent demi-human where sex can be consensual would be fun. Though I'd be perfectly happy for some beast/monster to have their way with me. I'm also willing to initiate a sexual scene and carry it out via PMs so that the real action/story can proceed and we both get our jollies off -- if that's something the game would prefer.

Marie Reynolds

>>Picture pending<<
PC Description:I would like to play an Elan the class will be pending till i can see the info sheerfantasia sends me about psionics.
Game Type: Both are fine with me.
Featured Nemesis: Id love to face humanoid enemies bandits, smugglers etc you can see humanoids being.
Favourite Companions: Adventurous fun loving companions those not afraid to let there hair down and have some rowdy nights and exploring the pleasures the world can offer.
Sexual Themes: Optional. Light to heavy bondage, seduction, Orgasm Denial,Tickling,Blindfolds

This is a work in progress.

Siereis

Looks like this RP is shaping up nicely and I am probably going to join in...the system if room is still available.  However, a few questions:

1.  Will players all be on the same 'team' or will we be able to work within the world however we wish (freeform plot)?
2.  Even though you asked each player to specify what sort of sexual content they prefer, what sort of sexual content would the DM prefer?  Would sexual interactions be strictly between players or more?  Honestly any elaboration here is appreciated.
3.  Is there any reason why one would not be able to play an elf character?  By the sounds of it, it seems that elves are viewed as inferior to humans...so I was not quite sure how to 'fit' one into the same 'team' as the other players.
4.  Just how dark are you planning on making this exactly?  Again, any elaboration would be awesome.

Siereis

Currently Editing

>>Concept Picture Here if available<<
PC Description: Elven Barbarian or Ranger or Fighter...or something similar.  Still thinking.
Game Type: System Preferred
Featured Nemesis: E.g. (I'd love to face a dragon/the drow/army of rampaging orcs in an epic battle, etc..)
Favourite Companions: E.g. (I like to work side by side with <noble types who are courteous and brave...><rough types who have lots of dark hidden secrets...><etc...>
Sexual Themes: Optional. What you like to appear and what you absolutely don't want to deal with.

EndofDivine

Thanks for answering my questions. That pretty much made up my mind for me. I'm going to go ahead and put my submission in my first post. It's pretty much done...all I'd really like is maybe a little more information about elves and their kingdom. I'll probably have my character's current personality be heavily influenced by the elven outlook on things. Also was wondering how you feel about evil characters. I kind of assume its the norm for the setting, especially for an elf, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Ghostwheel

PC Description: Male Tiefling Monk (see picture)
Featured Nemesis: I think some gray morality stories could be really cool--for example, perhaps a sect of men who want to throw off the chains of female rule and force the females to live in servitude instead?
Favourite Companions: I'd love to travel alongside a wyrmling dragon learning about the world alongside us. The perspective of someone who has potentially thousands of years before it could be interesting.
Sexual Themes: I'm good with sexual themes--though for me, they would need to be a part of the story, less so gratuitous sex.

SheerFantasia

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 03, 2014, 08:26:56 AM
I would like to export over my 'iconic' teifling Mage if I could.

PC Description: Wizard (Preferably Evocation or Admixture), My 'real world' self would accept in hopes of escaping a life of disappointment and loneliness, thus coming over as a lot more hedonistic and care free.
Featured Nemesis: 'Pure blooded' family rival or Spurned Lover(s) or someone tied to her 'Succubi' heritage.
Favourite Companions: Still thinking on it. Mostly good but occasionally selfish, I figure she tries to look out for her extended family and former lovers. I see a lot of those being her companions.
Sexual Themes: Optional. Mostly similar to my own, I see her as a big fan of tattoos and piercing (I foresee crafting magical tattoos and such if allowed)
Hello Callie Del Noire, welcome!  The character is perfectly acceptable.  (Shall we say she looks just a bit more human than picture one?)  Also be aware, campaign-wise, that tieflings suffer the same negative attention from the church of Zarus as any half-human does.

Quote from: lockepick on April 03, 2014, 08:56:36 AM
>>Picture to come<<
PC Description: Human, Rogue, Trickster Path. Going skill heavy, mostly social skills and 'toolbox' skills. Probably won't have any stealth, preferring to 'hide in plain sight'. In the 'normal' world, he had a boring and tedious life; which comes out in the 'fantasy' world as an adrenaline-junky anxious to explore the world and every new experience he can get his hands on. A character who looks for the "High risk, high reward" in every situation, even if there isn't really one there. Combat Script will most likely be Flank with Two-Weapon Fighting.
Game Type: System (I'll re apply for Freeform if System fills up).
Featured Nemesis: I'm pretty open here. I suppose anything that is immune to Sneak Attack becomes a boring fight for a Rogue, but it's something I accept as a risk as a Rogue. Intelligent demi-humans are welcome (see Sexual Themes).
Favourite Companions: Fun-Loving Adventurous types, or arrogant control freaks that will do, or need to do, all the 'heavy lifting' on planning.
Sexual Themes: Yes, Please! M/M only, preferring the character to be the submissive/bottom of the pairing. Any kind of intelligent demi-human where sex can be consensual would be fun. Though I'd be perfectly happy for some beast/monster to have their way with me. I'm also willing to initiate a sexual scene and carry it out via PMs so that the real action/story can proceed and we both get our jollies off -- if that's something the game would prefer.
Good and good.  Looking forward to seeing him come to life!

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on April 03, 2014, 10:42:18 AM
>>Picture pending<<
PC Description:I would like to play an Elan the class will be pending till i can see the info sheerfantasia sends me about psionics.
Game Type: Both are fine with me.
Featured Nemesis: Id love to face humanoid enemies bandits, smugglers etc you can see humanoids being.
Favourite Companions: Adventurous fun loving companions those not afraid to let there hair down and have some rowdy nights and exploring the pleasures the world can offer.
Sexual Themes: Optional. Light to heavy bondage, seduction, Orgasm Denial,Tickling,Blindfolds

This is a work in progress.
Looks good so far!  I've sent the details to you, so let me know as soon as possible.

Quote from: Siereis on April 03, 2014, 04:27:59 PM
Looks like this RP is shaping up nicely and I am probably going to join in...the system if room is still available.  However, a few questions:

1.  Will players all be on the same 'team' or will we be able to work within the world however we wish (freeform plot)?
2.  Even though you asked each player to specify what sort of sexual content they prefer, what sort of sexual content would the DM prefer?  Would sexual interactions be strictly between players or more?  Honestly any elaboration here is appreciated.
3.  Is there any reason why one would not be able to play an elf character?  By the sounds of it, it seems that elves are viewed as inferior to humans...so I was not quite sure how to 'fit' one into the same 'team' as the other players.
4.  Just how dark are you planning on making this exactly?  Again, any elaboration would be awesome.
Welcome Siereis and thank you for your interest!  So far, it seems that most people are in preference to the system, so I think it will be very likely we will be going with that.  To address your questions:

• I'm hoping that the group will work together, and keep close bonds like a traditional adventuring troupe.  I have no objections to PCs pursuing their own agendas, but I will urge not to overstep other players boundaries of comfort.  How they want to affect the world is pretty much up to them; whether they save it, destroy it, set themselves up as rulers of a kingdom, etc... is up for grabs - I'll only ask that they do it together as it becomes a tad difficult to track people when they're too far apart.
            That being said, I'm okay if players split into two groups (with a requirement that there be at least four people in a group) to cover more ground.  I've updated the second post of this thread with regards to groups, so any ideas everyone has about it will be appreciated.
  • Regrettably, and embarrassingly, my own O/O page isn't exactly finished.  I'll just summarise that I'm open to working with virtually anything, save faeces, urine (except maybe as part of voyeurism/exhibitionism), hard NC (i.e. rape where the victim is outright not enjoying themselves in any way at all), snuff, and vore.  Apart from those, anything is up for grabs (within what people are comfortable with) as I enjoy seeing how people from regular society react when they find themselves suddenly freed from any constraints, rules, or the judgement of others - do they resist; do they indulge; do they find it liberating; do they feel guilty after the deed; do they give in to corruption; etc...
  • In-world, only those humans who subscribe to the doctrine of the Church of Zarus view other races as inferior.  Most humans (70%) don't have fixed opinions on the matter, though they do worry about the power of the Elven Kingdom of Illusaran.  Elves who flee the kingdom to live beside human settlements (outside of the human and elven kingdoms) often form the bulk of the community's militia and are greatly valued for that.
  • By inference, the campaign setting is very dark - oppression, sexual deviance, open and state-approved evil religions, legal slavery, etc...  I'll only be going as far as what players are comfortable with though.
I hope this helped, but if not, drop me a line and I'll elaborate further.

Quote from: EndofDivine on April 03, 2014, 06:55:36 PM
Thanks for answering my questions. That pretty much made up my mind for me. I'm going to go ahead and put my submission in my first post. It's pretty much done...all I'd really like is maybe a little more information about elves and their kingdom. I'll probably have my character's current personality be heavily influenced by the elven outlook on things. Also was wondering how you feel about evil characters. I kind of assume its the norm for the setting, especially for an elf, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
I have no issue with evil characters, so long as they're a 'teamplayer' and won't jeopardise the unity of the group.  I figure they could aim for the same goals but it's just their methods on achieving it that will differ.
        As for Illusaran, here it is in a nutshell:

• Illusaran did not exist until a few centuries ago, and it has since been aggressively expanding its borders ever since.  Four centuries ago, elves from the east came westward, bringing with them a living goddess, or at least an she-elf with immense divine magical power claiming to be one.  She rallied the disparate elven tribes into accepting her rule and created a kingdom out of it.  The elves of Illusaran are highly regiment and very proud, even arrogant, in their accomplishments and on the surface, it seems a kingdom of unending glory.  Underneath, there are cracks: the eastern elves are a sort of ruling elite unto themselves, or are at least highly favoured by the crown.  Where Vallusia uses magic as a substitute for science, Illusaran uses magic to its full mystical ability; summoning otherwordly beings, enriching the forests that is their realm, scrying for eldritch secrets, and unlocking the magical power of their blood.  Societally, the culture of Illusaran elves is slightly more urbanised than is usual for elves and bears pangs of Asian culture in its (notably feudal Chinese and Japanese).  It is also highly militaristic and don't waste time in dealing with perceived threats (however far from their borders).

Quote from: Ghostwheel on April 03, 2014, 08:34:29 PM
PC Description: Male Tiefling Monk (see picture)
Featured Nemesis: I think some gray morality stories could be really cool--for example, perhaps a sect of men who want to throw off the chains of female rule and force the females to live in servitude instead?
Favourite Companions: I'd love to travel alongside a wyrmling dragon learning about the world alongside us. The perspective of someone who has potentially thousands of years before it could be interesting.
Sexual Themes: I'm good with sexual themes--though for me, they would need to be a part of the story, less so gratuitous sex.
Hello Ghostwheel and well met!  The character certainly seems okay, and I will keep your PM in mind! :-)

By the by, if anyone has any preferences on which other players they would like in the same group as them (if it does come down to two groups), drop me a PM so that I can keep it in mind if I have to make groups of players.

Many Thanks!

SheerFantasia

First up, there is new map in addition to the previously posted one (click to enlarge):

Next are some points about the setting (there's supposed to be 10, but I've only had time to compile 6 so far; keep an eye here for further updates)

1. Tone and Attitude
The campaign combines standard medieval-esque fantasy of Pathfinder with swashbuckling action and dark adventure.  Everything about the world of Allukashia is intrinsically linked to a dark and sinister past that carries through to the present.
        Alignments are relative gauges of a character or a creature’s viewpoint, and not an absolute barometer of affiliation and action; nothing is exactly as it seems.  By and far, the larger part of the civilised peoples of Allukashia are neutral, but tend to have some definitely leanings towards evil, or are at least very mercenary in their outlook – as to good aligned people, it is probably safe to say that there are more good-aligned creatures than good-aligned people in the world.

2. Civilisation and Magic
Magic is essential to the very survival of civilisation on Allukashia, and without it, the creatures of the wild would quickly overrun even the most stalwart defenders and the highest walls.  Even the humblest of settlements boasts at least a contingent of battle-capable arcanists whose sole job is to defend the community.
        In the more highly urbanised areas of the kingdom of Vallusia, magic is a science unto itself, thanks to the mastery of arcane magic brought by the Witch-Queens.  The binding and harnessing of elemental creatures makes airships and rail transport possible, and a working class of minor mages use spells to provide energy and other necessities in towns and cities.

3. A Savage and Unexplored World
Almost 70% of Allukashia remains unexplored, despite the fact that the humanoid races have spread to almost every corner.  Outside of the Kingdoms of Vallusia and Illusaran, the most prominent bastions of civilisation are city-states, which generally control a region of the surrounding land out to 8 miles.  From steaming jungles to colossal ruins, from burning deserts to the blasted hills of the Demon Wastes, Allukashia is a world of action and adventure.
        Relic hunters are always in high demand since the discovery of a much older civilisation than present chroniclers can account for, and there is evidence that suggests that the humanoid races were not the first to inhabit Allukashia.  The Witch-Queens relentlessly sponsor expeditions to credible adventurers in the hope of learning how this earlier civilisation seemed to have done what not one else has done since – taming Allukashia.

4. On Men and Women
Women hold the reigns of power on Allukashia, and something about the world seems to make them smarter and more forceful of personality than men.  Despite this, men and women go along with their lives – on Allukashia, they live and hate, laugh and embrace, scheme and dance to the whims of fortune as do people on any other world, but always with a bleak pragmatism colouring their actions and intentions.  If nothing else, the sexes are united in their grim determination to survive and thrive.
        Women are more likely to show drive and determination when it comes to pursuing what they want, though it’s not a quality unique to them.  Despite not often having access to positions of power in society, men have managed to not become relegated to the position of second-class citizens – the reign of the Priest-Kings showed Allukashia the worth of men, even if it was not the most pleasant period of history – most of the present day settlements and cities were built during those times.
        The reign of the Priest-Kings, however, has done something to unbalance this dynamic, and men who are capable of divine magic are viewed with intense suspicion, especially by those in authority, and the Witch-Queens are ever vigilant for the rise of another Priest-King.  The one and only exception to this anathema towards divine magic amongst men are male priests of the Silver Flame, who are sanctioned by the Witch-Queens and generally accepted by the populace (despite being seen as strange for their beliefs).
        In terms of population, the ratio of men to women is approximately 7:5.  This discrepancy would be larger still, save that most men live and die protecting civilisation from monstrous onslaughts from the wild.  Almost 1 in 5 men join a military body of some kind, because it is the most likely way that they can attain true social prestige.

5. Sexual Liberalism and Deviance
On Allukashia, sex comes easily and almost no one past their age of majority remains virgin for long.  Most disturbingly to those who immigrate from other worlds, is sexual deviance from norms and taboos.  Native inhabitants have very few scruples when it comes to pleasure, generally because of the general affirmation that life on Allukashia is simply too harsh to be choosy.  Despite this, most people won’t actually notice this tendency towards deviance unless they go poking – natives do not particularly care enough to gossip, especially since it’s not particularly out of the ordinary to them.
        Bisexuality is a societal norm, though hetero- and homosexuals don’t suffer any particular stigmatisation for their preferences.  Marriage is a relatively rare thing, and usually signifies that money or politics is at work behind the scenes – hence only the rich and powerful tend to enter marriage.  The only really ironclad prohibition law and generally accepted taboo on Allukashia is of sexual activity before age of majority.
        Update - Prostitution: Despite sexual promiscuity, prostitution still occurs, the main difference being that it is usually a choice rather than necessity – a chance to make a few extra coins.  Non-professional prostitutes are generally those who know that they’re attractive enough that some would part with their hard (or ill-gotten) coin to spend a night in their arms.  Professionals are just that; they’re not just men and women selling their bodies for money – their skill in sexual ability is above par of what most people can do – they are selling a quality commodity that most just won’t get to experience with the free thing.
        The Slaanii (slah-nai):  On Allukashia, it is a given that women are somewhat more sexually promiscuous than other settings, but its not necessarily a great deal for men.  Approximately 1 in 100 women are what are known as Slaanii, they are perfectly normal members of their race and gender, but with the exception that when they first lose their virginity, the latent magical power within with flare suddenly (awakening power as a sorcerer or oracle).  The process is ecstatic for them, but fatal for the male partner.  This sort of Sexual Russian Roulette has been a large contributing factor to bisexuality, at least until men can confirm a woman in no longer a virgin.  There are always rumours that this death-curse does not only occur the first time a Slaanii sleeps with a man, but every time that she does - and in doing so gathers immense amounts of magical power in very short order.
        GM’s Note: This is general information to set the tone.  As a general rule, I won’t be throwing sexual content in the group’s path apart from the very occasional flirting or propositioning NPC – in short, sexual content only becomes an issue if players start pursuing it (just remember to keep in mind what your fellow players might find offensive).

6. Evil Religions, Good-aligned cults
Despite it being the Priest-Kings who brought religion to Allukashia, it has since spread without them.  On Allukashia, evil religions are institutionalised and their temples are out in the open.  Conversely, good-aligned religions find themselves forced into basements and into the dark woods, for they face prosecution from the major established religions, save for the Silver Flame, which is sanctioned by law.  The religions of neutral-aligned gods don’t generally receive harassment, since their interests only rarely intersect with the workings of society that most evil religions seek to control.
        Though gods of light can’t enter or influence Allukashia, their servants can and several aspects of the Lords of the Empyreal have made their way to Allukashia to try and redeem the world and lead it to salvation.  Most prominent among their number are: Arshea the Spirit of Abandon, Damerrich The Weighted Swing, Korada The Open Hand of Harmony, Olheon The Just Arbiter, Ragathiel General of Vengeance, and Vildeis The Cardinal Martyr (all of which can be found in Chronicles of the Righteous).  Meeting these Empyreals and offering allegiance, will grant the same domains in same manner as if they were a deity.

Muse

I've had a very busy week, but I'm still very interested in this game.  I'll try to put in a proper application Sunday. 

Ladies, would any of you be interested in having a devoted male concubine/adventuring companion? 

I haven't done a submissive guy in a LONG time, but I've always loved the concept of RPing a young dark elf--enslaved to a surface woman whom loves and obeys and exercises regularly to keep his body pleasing to her. 

(Perhaps a magus or cleric?) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

torawashi

Picture TBD
PC Description: Human Sorcerer Born to a noble family, he caused a great deal of scandal due to what others saw as a crippling mental weakness. He couldn't bring himself to play the power games of the rest of his family, and worse, was often overheard extolling the virtues of generosity, compassion, even love. When, impossibly, he started displaying a talent for women's magic, he knew his days were numbered. He's been on the run ever since.
Featured Nemesis: I'd love to have him confront his family. Lots of potential drama there! There's also the fallout of him being a male sorcerer, and having the thing responsible for his power trying to claim him as their own.
Favourite Companions: Even before he was reborn he was very repressed. He's even more so now, but it's more due to people avoiding him for his "affliction." Someone who brings him out of his shell would be awesome.
Sexual Themes: I'm flexible! This character would definitely fit best in a submissive role; he'd need a lot of coaching to feel comfortable being dominant. Seduction and sexual mentoring would be pretty fitting for him as well. Bondage and D/s would be lovely if the story allows for it. Same with transformation.

SheerFantasia

Quote from: Muse on April 04, 2014, 06:51:35 AM
I've had a very busy week, but I'm still very interested in this game.  I'll try to put in a proper application Sunday.
Thanks for letting us know Muse!

Quote from: Siereis on April 03, 2014, 04:27:59 PM
I believe I missed answering this one.  In short, sure why not have something going between players and anyone else in the campaign world, with the following things in mind:

• Between Players: As I said, no problems here, but I'd like it if any such scenes be kept to about, lets say, four posts (2 between each player)?  This will just be to keep things short and sweet so that other players are not swamped by the antics of two.  Love/Romance between PCs is certainly viable as well, but when it comes to relationships, I think we should stick to an 'easy-come easy-go' model - I'd hate for melodrama (or worse, wangst) to develop and bog everything down.  It's a fine display for characters to declare affection, devotion, and loyalty towards one another, but not to go into possessive relationships (save unless characters want to do a sort of agreed-before ministory between themselves, where PCs get together, split apart, and ultimate get back together again).
  • With NPCs: Equally acceptable as I like PCs getting around the world, but if it's something more than a flirt or a fling (it could be romance, it could be a scheme or a plot, etc...), just let me know via PM that you want me to develop a particular character for further story interaction than just a standard one-off.  Like above, I'd appreciate if sexual scenes don't last beyond four posts.

GAME RELATED
Mythic Considerations
As this will eventually cross into the Mythic territories, do take a moment to consider which Mythic Path you want your character to eventually enter (the scene for Mythic Ascension will occur at roughly 5th - 6th level).

Consideration of Game: Lack of Healing
Just as a general note, I’m noticing that most of the classes so far aren’t capable.  Do note that this is not an appeal for a change of character class from players (really!) – it is simply a call to attention on how your PCs will have to approach the game (particularly confrontations) from a much more cautious angle, plan ambushes more often than not, and/or invest in magical healing items.

How Dark?
As brought up by Siereis, I realised I had forgotten to ask about this.  Generally, how dark (descriptively and content-wise) would you like to see the campaign setting.  I'm generally thinking of the following options (or some mixture), but I’d like to hear from you guys:

• Dark, but not too dark: In other words, players acknowledge that the world is fairly wicked and don’t need the GM to add extra layer of description to drive the point/theme home.  An occasional mood-setter is fine, but there is no need to go into the gritty and sordid details.
  • Darkness through inference: What you see in the environment and the actions of people speak for themselves (e.g. in much the same way that dark stains on an altar and the surrounding walls tell you what has been going on here; or the way a slave found locked in a basement cries and shrieks at any physical aid from a male character).  I won’t spell it out; you more or less get the picture from the scene I paint.
  • A Portrait of Darkness: The most extreme and graphic of the three, characters bear some witness the cruelty and decadence that the world of  Allukashia is capable of every now and again (none of them are scenes unto themselves, but more used as background mood-setters or plot hooks).  Examples include: back-alley bloodsport where a helpless wretch is torn apart by starving dogs as people taking bets stand around whooping with glee as money changes hands; parents who pimp their sons and daughters or openly incestuous families; public crucifixions and executions with the details as people look on an jeer; etc...
That being said, true wickedness tends to flourish in the more urbanised human settlements in which people have more leisure time, where smaller communities are just too busy trying to survive to become overly sadistic or taboo in their desires (give or take the occasional backwoods inbred cannibalistic hamlet worshipping some dark god or other).
        For the sake of comfort, let us accede to the wishes of those who are comfortable with less.  Alternatively, we can keep the more extreme things hidden using the spoiler option, with an appropriate warning.  Let me know your thoughts!

Groups
Finally to the topic of splitting the 10-odd players into two groups of 5.  I will take a look over everybody's O/O, characters and try and organise them into two groups that I think will work.  If someone wants help co-GM the game, I won't mind to have everyone work in one big group.  If we do separate into two groups, each group can either work in their own version of the world, or they can work in the same world, just as long as they agree not to intersect (too often at least, as it will allow me to concentrate on working with each).  I think the latter may be preferable, as any players who regrettably might have to leave (or be absent for a bit), means that smaller group could merge with the other.  If anyone has thoughts on this, let me know as soon as possible.