Magic RP w/TheStampede

Started by Dani13, September 25, 2011, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStampede

"I'm fine." She was still shocked by how nonchalantly he had grabbed her hand. "Do you mind helping me into the boat?"
"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

Dani13

Max shrugged. "Sure." He looked at the boat, thinking over what would be easiest to help her in before deciding. He stood up and got next to her, keeping one foot in the boat to steady it. "Alright, here, grab my hand and I'll pull you over." He hoped it was dark enought so she wouldn't see his blush.

TheStampede

Audrey blushed once again. But this time she was happy. She had succeeded in getting Max to touch her hand again.

"Thank you," she said, trying to sound calmer than she felt.

As the boats started moving she felt a odd feeling in her stomach. She had almost forgotten they were headed to the school. She started shaking slightly.

"You mentioned that there were multiple houses earlier. Do you know how were sorted into them?"

Dani13

Max looked at the huge castle that was over the water. "My mum said it's a hat. I don't know what he does or how he does it, but you wear it? I guess?" He shrugged. "Not a big deal, I guess. Why? You nervous?" He grinned at her, nervous himself.

TheStampede

"Not at all." Her voice cracked a little bit. "You?"

Dani13

Max rolled his eyes. "Psht, no! Course not..." He sighed silently as the boat made it's way to the huge castle. When they got there, there was the Groundskeeper standing there. They were one of the first to get there. They waited for the others before being brought into the castle.

TheStampede

Audrey was trying to stand slightly behind Max, so that he would not see the scared look she was sure was on here face. She jumped when the door leading into the castle swung open, and a stern looking witch ushered them inside.

Dani13

Max looked up at the ceiling that was bewitched to look like the sky. "Cooool...." he whispered. He reached behind him to tug Audrey's sleeve. "See the ceiling?" He pointed up. "Isn't it grand?"

TheStampede

Audrey was looking around at the people, and ghost, in the hall. She felt Max tugging on her sleeve. She saw Max pointing up.

"Huh? What...in the world?" She looked up and saw that where the ceiling was supposed to be, there was open sky.

She then turned her attention to the witch that had lead them in there. She watched as the witch placed an old wizard had on a stool. Audrey gasped loudly when the hat opened it's mouth and began singing.

Dani13

Max chuckled at the funny song of the "Sorting Hat". It was pretty cool. Soon, the witch was calling names out. He had guessed right; you merely let the hat sit on your head and it sorts you...somehow. He watched as some people went to Slytherin, a few to Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, and a couple to Griffyndor.

TheStampede

"I'm pretty smart," Audrey was thinking aloud. "Maybe I'll be in Ravenclaw. Or perhaps Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff doesn't sound bad does it?"

The momemt the words left her mouth, "Reed, Audrey," the witch called loudly. Audrey walked slowly up to the stool. The last thing she wanted to do was fall again. As the hat was lowered on to her head, it slid slightly past eye level, obscuring her vision.

"A little too timid for Griffondor I think," he heard the hat say. But it wasn't like when it spoke before. It almost seemed like the voice was inside her head. "Not very ambitious either are you. But I see a good deal of loyalty and a sense of justice in you. And your mind is pretty sharp to boot. So where shall it be." Audrey thought about what Max had said about him most likely being placed in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. "Smart indeed," the voice said. "RAVENCLAW!" the hat shouded to the crowd.

Audrey got up and walked quickly to the Ravenclaw table. She looked at Max as she sat down and kept her eyes on him, wondering where he would be sorted.

Dani13

Max grinned over at her. 'I knew she'd be smart enough.' He knew she was too shy to be brave enough for Griffyndor and too nice for Slytherin. He heard his name called and sighed heavily. 'Why me...' he thought as he sat on the stool. The witch slid the hat on his head.

"Ah, I see indeed." He jerked slightly. The hat was...talking? Cool. "Yes, sir. 'Cool' indeed. Now let's see. Proud, a little arrogant like a Slytherin." He felt something dig around in his mind. "Very intelligent indeed. A little Ravenclaw in you as well. You have already made a friend? Ah...more than a friend?" He wanted to tell the hat to shut up, that's not the way it was, but the hat went on.

"Alright then, maybe you two can turn this place around." The hat shouted "RAVENCLAW!" He grinned in his head, but on the outside he handed the hat back and went to sit next to Audrey. "The hat's insane, eh Audrey?"

TheStampede

"More like bloody brialliant, I think." Where had that sudden burst of confidence come from. Usually she didn't speak her mind like that.

"GRYFFINDOR!" Audrey looked up to see the most terrified looking boy she had ever seen walking from the hat to the Gryffindor table.

"Okay, maybe it is just crazy." Audrey looked at Max and gave him a big smile. Was she drunk?

Dani13

Max smiled back at her, chuckling. "Told ya." He tapped his fingers on the table, waiting for the sorting to end so they could eat. After Ravenclaw gained a few more members, the Headmaster stood up and started giving a speech. "Waa...I'm hungry." He huffed.

TheStampede

"So am I, but I'm sure this speech is important." Audrey's stomach growled loudly, causing her to blush once more.

Audrey tried to pay attention to the speech the headmaster was giving, but between her hunger and Max being in her peripheral vision, it was a lost cause. When the speech was done, food magically appeared on the table.

"I don't even know where to start."

Dani13

"I do." He grabbed a plateful of spaghetti, grabbing a few pieces of fruit to eat and a slice of watermelon. "Awesome. Just get what you like." He motioned with his fork, then took to eating his spaghetti.

He didn't slurp it like he used to, not wanting Audrey to have a bad image of him, so he ate it gently. He ate a few grapes and took a sip of Pumpkin Juice. "Ever drink Pumpkin Juice?"

TheStampede

Audrey started putting a little bit of everything on her plate.

"Can't say I have, but pumplin juice sounds great."

Audrey ate at a steady pace. She didn't want to pig out like she felt like doing, with Max there. After about thirty minutes the food was replaced with desert. Audrey decided to eat a small piece of cheese cake, although she knew she wanted to eat a lot more. Now that she had a decent amount of food in her Audrey was starting to feel rather sleepy.

Dani13

Max took a piece of Pecan Pie, tearing the pecans off to eat them instead of the pie. He got sleep as the food disappeared from the plates. The Prefect stood up and told all the Ravenclaws to follow him.

He nudged Audrey. "C'mon then, we gotta go to bed."

TheStampede

Audrey heard an older student calling "First year Ravenclaws over here! Follow me."

Audrey, Max, and the other first year Ravenclaws walked over to the boy, whom appeared to be about 15. He told them he was a prefect and would show them to the Ravenclaw dorms. They followed him up the marble staircase and up multiple floors. Then the went up a tall, spiral staircase. At the top of the stairs was a wooden door that had a bronze eagle knocker on it. The prefect stopped and stared at the knocker.

"What came first, the Phoenix or the flame?" The knocker asked. Several students jumped or gasped when they heard it speak.

"This door has no doornob," the prefect explained. "The knocker always ask a question, and it will not open until someone answers correctly." The prefect then turned back to the knocker. "A circle has no end and no beginning."

The door sung open, revealing the dormitory common room.

Dani13

Max nodded thoughtfully. "Like an ourorboros." He grinned at Audrey. "The dragon eating it's own tail and all." He followed the rest of the Ravenclaws into a blue and gold room. It was nice and cozy, the fire crackling happily as the Prefect went over the rules. "No staying out past 10, boys don't go into girl's, and vice versa, not that you could."

Max chuckled to himself at that. The Prefect continued. "Keep up your studies, stay out of conflicts, and we'll all be on good terms. Have a great year. Now go to bed." He stated, pointing out that the girl's dorms were up one staircase while the boys were up another. Max turned to Audrey. "Well, Goodnight I suppose. I'll see you in the morning."

TheStampede

Audrey didn't seem well that night. She was excited, and scared at the same time. Was Max right when he said it wouldn't be weird for her not to know anything about magic? It was at least midnight when she finally fell asleep. When she woke up the next morning she found herself rushing to get ready. But it wasn't class she was eagar for.

TheStampede

Dani13

Max tossed and turned all night. He wasn't used to the snoring of other people in his room. It was odd, and he didn't much like it. Eventually, he did fall asleep, dreaming about classes and magic and Audrey.

When he woke up, he yawned, stretched, and got dressed. His brain kicked in about 10 minutes later as he was putting his shoes on that today was first day of classes with Audrey! He grinned and pulled his shoes one before making his way downstairs, yawning. 'I hate mornings...' he thought as he entered the Common Room.

TheStampede

Audrey was excited as she half-ran down the stairs, her bookbag on her back. She made herself stop and calm down slightly before entering the common room. She didn't want to look TOO excited. There was Max, looking around the room.

"Hey, there," she said to him. "Sleep well? I did."

Dani13

Max waved his hand at her. "You're a morning person. I, on the other hand, am not." He shrugged. "Sure sure, why not? I slept fine." He ran a hand through his hair, not knowing exactly why he was messing with it. He usually left it messy. "C'mon, I'm hungry."