Is There a Doctor (Who) in the House?

Started by Zillah, June 16, 2010, 03:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zillah

I usually don’t like RPs that involve established fictional universes (like Star Trek or Final Fantasy). However something I’m a total sucker for is Doctor Who – both the new series and the older classic series. I’ve gotten the itch to try a RP where maybe – just maybe – the Doctor and one of his companions reveal what’s really been going on behind the doors of that police box all these years.  ;)

My idea is this – I get to play one of the companions, and you play the Doctor. The story begins with us landing on a Dalek or Cybermen station somewhere in a dark corner of the universe, where the baddies are up to no good, and experimenting on humans. One of the experiments causes them to go crazy, and acts like an addictive aphrodisiac to anyone exposed to it. The Doctor and the companion are exposed to it, of course making them more than a little … amorous towards each other.

I also thought at some point the two would get separated in a corridor (shocking, I know) and the companion would be captured. The baddies would do some experiments on the companion that probably haven’t been ever seen on the show before. So whoever plays the Doctor would also get to play the baddies experimenting on the companion too.  ;)

If the RP continues past this, then we could also explore the relationship between Doctor/companion in further adventures. I mean, they’ve slept together now (if not more), so can they go back to the way they were, or do they have the beginning of a sex-filled romance? (This assumes that this RP might last a while, though … so while this would be wonderful, and something to think about, let’s get past the first adventure before putting too much thought into that.)

I’m totally open to the Doctor/companion pairing and the villains we use. They can either be from the classic series or the new one.

Sorry, this isn't something I really want to play by IM or PM ... I'd rather do this one by posting in the forums.  Play-by-post is really my preferred method of RPing anyway.

The Doctor/companion pairings I'd most be interested in trying are:

Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith
Fourth Doctor and Leela
Fifth Doctor and Nyssa
Fifth Doctor and Peri
Ninth Doctor and Rose
Tenth Doctor and Rose
Tenth Doctor and Martha
Eleventh Doctor and Amy

... although I could be talked into others as well.  :)

Thanks so much for reading!!!! :D

-Z

Zillah

EDIT: Adding my preferences for Doctor/companion pairings.

Zillah

EDIT: Adding my preference for play-by-post in the forums.