Started by CandyLips, November 02, 2011, 11:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CandyLips

Hello. I am trying to upload a gif as my avatar, which I have already sized down to fit the requirements, but it doesn't seem to be working. I figured the size of the file is the problem since I have used a gif before with no problems. The size of the file is 1.30 MB. What is the limit?

Beguile's Mistress

You may need to load it to the Wiki first.  I don't know if that will work but you can try.

CandyLips

Thank you for responding but I just decided to try and trim the fat a bit to make it work. Success! ^_^

Izzie Aditi

If I may hijack this thread for a minute, how does one resize a .gif on a Mac? I use PS for my pictures, but it obviously only gives me stills when I open it with regular image viewers. Suggestions?
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

CandyLips

Izzie Aditi

“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

CandyLips

If you have any issues, I shall take this time to offer my services to resize it for you. I'm fairly new to ImageReady and am teaching myself how to use it, as I did for PS. So, it'll be good practice if you have a problem. ^_^

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: CandyLips on November 02, 2011, 11:58:44 AM
If you have any issues, I shall take this time to offer my services to resize it for you. I'm fairly new to ImageReady and am teaching myself how to use it, as I did for PS. So, it'll be good practice if you have a problem. ^_^
I'll definitely take you up on that offer if I fail dramatically ;D

Neroon

I find lemkesoft's Graphic Converter to be excellent for dealing with animated GIFs.  The latest version is Lion compatible.  For shareware, it's a damn good bit of software.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

Machete

Quote from: Neroon on November 02, 2011, 01:16:24 PM
I find lemkesoft's Graphic Converter to be excellent for dealing with animated GIFs.  The latest version is Lion compatible.  For shareware, it's a damn good bit of software.

I won't use a picture that's not of Machete for my avatar, but is there shareware similar to this for Windows?  I've found software similar to it but no shareware yet.  Thus, the download's a trial.

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Neroon on November 02, 2011, 01:16:24 PM
Thanks! Don't have Lion (still on Snow Leopard woohoo, only 2 OS behind) but I saw it is SL compatible again. The fact that it's shareware..bonus points.