Recruiting for Scout Recon Team in a alternate Realm (Need M/F, and other Races)

Started by Mac84, October 29, 2014, 04:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

This is a game based on a combination of Gate: Thus the JDSF fought here, and Fables: Legends in Exile.

Note: This story is LGBT-Friendly

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=216693.0
Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=216617.0
Story Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=208434.0

Synopsis:
Portals to some unknown world have opened up in several major cities around the globe, and monsters, demons and other horrible beasts began to spill out, wreaking havoc for two full days until the nations rallied their military and push the creatures all the way back into their portals and even manage to capture the area around the portals on the other side. The UN, confronted with this new world with its Resources, and knowledge, decided to explore this new world. While on the surface it was declared as a expedition to find, and bring to justice those that were responsible for the attacks on Earth, There are elements within the UN looking to find a way to benefit from this new discovery.

The Story will follow Recon team 13. A group of soldiers pulled from various military forces from around the World to explore, and establish diplomatic relations with the denizens of this world.

Roles to Play: (Bold are roles needed)

Team Leader: (Mac84)
Team XO: (No higher than Sargent)
Soldiers: (Lusty Bride, Pendarious,  Chaeronea,) Still needing more (No rank higher than Corporal)

Non-Military Roles:

Doctor:: (Has power to override Team Leader for Medical consideration)
Linguist/Translator: Someone to help translate, and learn the native Languages of this land
Scientist: Just a random scientist to make observation, ect.
Locals (Denizens of this world that travel with the Recon Force for reasons of their one.

NOTE: Players are encouraged to play Multiple characters.

NOTE: Please, no OP (Over powered) characters. No special Forces (Navy Seals, Green Berets, SAS, etc.)

Team Equipment:
Humvee(x2) Armed with Squad Automatic weapon

STRYKER Light Armor Personnel Carrier (x1) (Armed with a 20mm Auto Cannon, Smoke Grenades, Anti-personnel Mines, etc)

The Denizens of this world are comprised of many different kinds of people. Elves (High, Common, Dark, , Orcs, Monsters (Including Monster-Girls), Furries, dwarfs, etc.

Note: Not all Orcs are evil, and not all Elves are good. Meaning that tradition story roles may/maynot apply to the encounters. This is to be a living breathing, teeming world with life.

Lustful Bride

*2nd GM drops in*

To be specific for those of you who know Fables. Issue 55 is the one that helped inspire this.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Juggtacular

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 29, 2014, 04:55:59 PM
So all players will be humans on the recon team? Can I claim the XO?

You can be Human if you want or you can be a non-human local who joins the party.

Juggtacular

I might do both since it says multiple characters is encouraged. Would their be lycans and if so, can they control themselves?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 29, 2014, 05:00:59 PM
I might do both since it says multiple characters is encouraged. Would their be lycans and if so, can they control themselves?

hhhmm.....im gonna half to talk it over with Mac (the other GM) that is one of the things we are still trying to decide on. So put a pin on that for now. But have a backup character or 2 just in case.

The biggest worry we have is one character/magic user getting too OP and taking away from the fun of everyone else.

Juggtacular

Diesel Heart

I can get behind this.  It was similar to a game I tried to run but got nowhere with.

I'm interesting in the scientist role or a common soldier.

Lustful Bride

Glad to see you both here. You can play both characters if you want/think you can handle it Warden.

Diesel Heart

Can I get specifics on  the type of scientist, 'cause that's a broad term.  In my head, I'm picturing the tactician sorts.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: WardenIce on October 29, 2014, 05:38:55 PM
Can I get specifics on  the type of scientist, 'cause that's a broad term.  In my head, I'm picturing the tactician sorts.

Il ask Mac when he comes back but something along the lines of a guy who got stuck with the Recon team to learn more about his new world. We got giant spiders and dragons and sea serpents. We need a man of science there to see what we can learn.  :P

Which is my way of saying...I don't know. Il have to ask Mac.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 29, 2014, 05:42:18 PM
Il ask Mac when he comes back but something along the lines of a guy who got stuck with the Recon team to learn more about his new world. We got giant spiders and dragons and sea serpents. We need a man of science there to see what we can learn.  :P

Which is my way of saying...I don't know. Il have to ask Mac.

Assuming it's the way I imagine, you'll have an occult investigator type 'scientist' in that case.  I know just who to base her off of too.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: WardenIce on October 29, 2014, 05:45:31 PM

Assuming it's the way I imagine, you'll have an occult investigator type 'scientist' in that case.  I know just who to base her off of too.

Ohh that sounds interesting! I hadn't thought of that.  :-)

Angie

Question! Are shapeshifters okay? I actually haven't seen much of the source material, but I wanna be a shapeshifter.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 29, 2014, 05:49:02 PM
Question! Are shapeshifters okay? I actually haven't seen much of the source material, but I wanna be a shapeshifter.

As I said with Jugg, I will have to talk it over with Mac84 (the other GM) we are on the fence about that.

Diesel Heart

I'm a natural shapeshifter.  I become something super scary when exposed to the clicking on of lights...

Angie

Fair enough. Especially because when I say 'shapeshifter', I don't mean one alternate form, I mean more like Mystique. Basically "does it look humanoid? I can do it!"
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Mac84

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 29, 2014, 04:55:59 PM
So all players will be humans on the recon team? Can I claim the XO?

Hello Jugg,
Yes, the XO slot is still open. Initially, all the military Members of the team are Earthlings, though how the story goes, that may change with whom joins up from the New world.

Quote from: Juggtacular on October 29, 2014, 05:00:59 PM

I would have to decline on a Full lycan/werewolf as lore tends to shine them on in an OP fashion. There is an alternative called "Wolfkyn" Which falls under the "Beastkyn"(Furry) banner. Basically, it is a Wolfperson that has enhanced Senses (Low Light sight, Smell, and hearing). I'm not sure if that helps or not.

Quote from: WardenIce on October 29, 2014, 05:38:55 PM

Hello Warden,

I really had no concrete field of science for this character in mind as dragging along an entire team of scientist would bog down the game too much as the force would really be having go at the pace of scientists. So Having one, perhaps two at most would be the reasonable limit.

Your idea on an "Occult Investigator" is actually a very good idea. I agree with Lusty on that. It wasn't an avenue I considered, and I can see a lot of potential. ;D 

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 29, 2014, 05:49:02 PM

Hello Angie, and welcome.

One of my biggest concerns with shapeshifters of any type is that it can easily open a door for an OP character. While I understand Mystique was the example you used, as well as only shifting into "humanoid" characters. I'm going to have decline. My sincerest apologies on that.

Though, Low level Mages are acceptable.

Diesel Heart

Consider it done.  Just lemme know what to do with the character sheet and ill crank it out sometime this week.

Mac84

Quote from: WardenIce on October 29, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
Consider it done.  Just lemme know what to do with the character sheet and ill crank it out sometime this week.

Character Sheets should be filled out like this, and then submitted to either Lusty, or I for approval. :-)

Name:
Nationality: (If Human, which country you're from)
Phyiscal description: Picture acceptable
Personality:
Background: (Once again, if Human military, please no Super Soldiers/Special Forces)

Kevben Battleheart

Posting my interest. I think I'll take on the role of the squads' linguist/translator.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on October 29, 2014, 07:27:29 PM
Posting my interest. I think I'll take on the role of the squads' linguist/translator.

We already have one but we could always use more. Will he be a soldier or a man of knowledge...kind of like Daniel Jackson from Stargate if that helps you get the picture more clearly.

Kevben Battleheart

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 29, 2014, 07:29:18 PM
We already have one but we could always use more. Will he be a soldier or a man of knowledge...kind of like Daniel Jackson from Stargate if that helps you get the picture more clearly.
*shrugs* Oh well, someone must have beaten me via pm or something lol. What about the Doctor? Has anyone claimed that role yet?
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Lustful Bride

No not yet, the positions still open.

No one beat you via PM, the spot was already taken, This RP has actually been around for a few months, it sort of slowed down to a crawl but we are picking it up again.

Diesel Heart

In the interest of my occult investigator... was magic and things of the preternatural nature a known thing before these portals opened?  Or, a better question, is the world as it should be as if this was present day reality but now the 'fantasy' of these things is now a globally accepted truth with the evidence right in front of them?