Superhero Zombie Apocalypse - [Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, September 18, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissFire

2026 - Ten years ago the first human developed what can only be called super powers. Given super strength, flight, and near invulnerability, this individual called himself Apex and began fighting crime. Law enforcement and the government barely had time to comprehend this individual's danger to others, the origin of his powers, or how we managed to get lucky enough that he didn't turn out to be a raging psychopath. Before many questions could be answered, more individuals started surfacing. Was it some kind of unknown virus in the air? Some kind of technological advancement? A hidden evolution? Some of these gifted individuals became heroes, some villains. Powers clashed and major cities were soon targets of weekly battles between titans. We were living in a comic book.

Unfortunately, unlike many comics, our world didn't have a happy ending. One powered individual named Dr. Nefarius threatened the world with a retrovirus he planned to release into the air. Apex flew to his base to stop him. No one knows what happened inside, only that explosions rocked the hideout and neither Apex nor Nefarius ever emerged. The virus was apparently released and, spread by wind currents, was distributed all over the world. The virus caused rapid cellular degeneration in most humans and animals, coupled with brain damage that turned victims into mindless creatures bent on killing and eating the uninfected. Only a small percentage of humanity did not turn instantly; those with stronger than average immune systems seemed to be resistant against an succumbing at once. Still, even the uninfected would turn if their immune systems were compromised in any way; sickness, pregnancy, death, or major injury.

Against so many infected even the superheroes were useless. People rose or turned by the hundreds and with Apex gone it was impossible to stem the tide of slavering undead. Even some of the super powered individuals, both hero and villain, were turned, creating super powered zombies. While most of the remaining villains were overjoyed at the apocalyptic scenario that had finally allowed them to carve out their own territory, some of them joined with the heroes in order to try and save the city from the zombies. After all, what use is chaos when all you have to reign over is rubble and the undead?

And so a small group of heroes and ex-villains have established a small base at an old football stadium. This is the last bastion of humanity in the city, perhaps the world. Will they survive? Will their differences force them to cooperate, or will it force them apart? Will they solve the mystery of what happened to Apex?

Only you can find out.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Icowom

I can see this as either a fun powt apoc lifestyle rp, with super powers. Or a very curb-stompy actiony zombie rp.

Either way, I'm interested.

Letrixia

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

AndyZ

Seriously tempted to use a superhero character from another game for this called Shockwave.  Obviously a few things would need to be changed but I figured I'd toss that down to show you the basic idea of what I was thinking.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=201275.msg9833736#msg9833736
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MissFire

Thanks for all the interest!

Sure, Andy, she's fine! She can even be a futanari if that's how you roll. All genders and sexualities welcome. The TK ability is fine by me as long as she's not too strong. I want the zombies to be a credible threat, after all.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

AndyZ

Instead of genetic modifications, I was thinking she started out female and ended up changing thanks to a weird combination between getting superpowers and the zombie infection.  She didn't seem to have any powers before the zombie infection, but apparently her innate power was to be affected by the mutation in a weird way.

If that doesn't fit with your plans, though, it can just be standard superhero pre-zombies.

I'll limit the psychokinesis to actual body strength, with hysterical strength more easily to access but at the cost of straining herself.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

MissFire

+Profile template added! Posting my character's profiles shortly. Multiple characters allowed, so long as you can handle them and have the time to dedicate to them.

[float=left][img height=600 padding=5]IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/float]
[size=14pt][b]Hero Name, Ex-(Hero/Villain)[/b][/size]
[b]Real Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Power/Ability:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]Notes:[/b]
    - Sima Yi

LSWSjr

I'll get a character submitted soon :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Letrixia

Same here I still need to figure out how to go about it.

MissFire

Hero Name, Ex-Villain
Sexuality: Bisexual

Power/Ability: Reality Perception - Cassidy can perceive reality, allowing her to sense the whole truth no matter how it is hidden. If she is questioning someone, she will automatically know if target is lying and sense the truth. Cassidy is immune to illusions caused by users of Telepathy, Mental Manipulation, and Illusion Manipulation, even if the users of those themselves are not in the area (as in another building). As a result of her ability to perceive the truth, she can also not be fooled by tricksters, reality warpers, or even feints in hand-to-hand combat. Cassidy is a talented gymnast, marksman, and combatant. She is also much smarter than she looks, with an advanced knowledge of chemistry and explosives. Like most heroes and villains, she is in peak physical condition. Her movements and fighting style render her a completely unpredictable opponent, making her extremely tough to take down.

Her power set, irrational mind, and total unpredictability made her a terror for heroes to fight against, but versus a shambling mass of mindless flesh-eaters, her powers are less useful. Still, they've proven good enough to help her avoid getting bitten, making her an excellent scout.

Bio: Cassidy Cadence was a completely normal girl right up until she developed her powers. At first, doctors and her parents merely thought she had a mental breakdown due to stress at school. The truth of the matter was that being able to suddenly perceive the truth in everything all at once briefly shattered her mind and drove her completely insane. With the lies of the government, her friends, even her own parents laid bare, she suffered a breakdown and was taken to Wayward Pines Mental Ward. After a year's treatment her psyche seemed to heal itself to some degree and she escaped, wounding six staff members and killing two in the process. From that point on she seemed to have a better grasp on reality and her powers, but she was disillusioned with the world as a whole and took to anarchy.

As Non-Sequitur (a name given to her by the media), Cassidy committed various crimes. Some of them were more conventional, such as bombings, arson, or robberies. Others made little to no sense at all, such as the time she sealed the Fifth Street Credit Union air tight and filled it with water. She recieved almost no hero attention until the night she earned her infamy by murdering the Powered Patriot, a super soldier with five years experience under his belt. Patriot had long been considered to be one of the toughest heroes in the business, an ex-soldier with a large amount of combat experience, endowed with super strength, durability, and speed. His traditional fighting style rendered him extremely predictable to Cassidy, however, and she gradually wore him down until she was finally able to snap his neck. News Channel 6, hoping to see Patriot capture an anarchist live on TV, filmed the event and their cameras recorded everything for viewers at home as, atop the 101st St. Post Office, Cassidy broke the Patriot and pushed his body off the roof. She then shouted 'Sic semper tyrannis!' and ran off into the night while everyone stared, slack-jawed.

The apocalypse hasn't changed her much. On one hand, she quite enjoyed the chaos of those first few terrifying hours. On the other, she finds things terribly boring now that most of humanity has been wiped out. Zombies are not much fun to play with, though she does appreciate the fact that the undead hold no secrets or lies, and run on pure instinct. Cassidy joined with the survivors simply to help preserve her own life. In exchange, she uses her knowledge of chemistry and her abilities to aid them. She may even be the only remaining person able to figure out the truth behind Apex's disappearance...

Notes: Favors women more than men. Extremely picky when it comes to men. Often answers questions with questions.
    - Sima Yi

MissFire

And I messed up my own profile! Her hero name is 'Non-Sequitur'. If I could modify my own posts I'd fix it, but alas, I can't.
    - Sima Yi

AndyZ

Shockwave, Ex-Hero
Sexuality: Gynosexual

Power/Ability: Telekinesis - Often thought of as simply moving things through the power of the mind, Shockwave can actually create kinetic force.  Her limits are close to those of her normal human body, with efforts of hysterical strength possible but fatiguing.  For example, flying is roughly as difficult as doing a chin-up using both arms and legs.  Physical exercise seems to help in making her powers stronger, but so far, she isn't entirely certain whether the increase isn't purely psychosomatic.

Bio: Vanessa developed her telekinetic superpowers less than a year before the zombie apocalypse, not really enough time to have developed herself as a superhero but with enough experience to have some practice with her abilities.

Although she'd always wanted to make a costume, she'd never gotten around to it.  Instead, she pretended to be a helpless bystander while things just mysteriously seemed to happen by this "Shockwave" in stopping local crimes.

Given enough time, she probably would have been noticed, but the sudden appearance of zombies made that irrelevant very quickly.  Her role changed to protector, trying to help keep as many people alive as possible.

Notes: Although she's been wanting to find/make herself a costume, it's been a very low priority thanks to all the other problems inherent to the area.

LSWSjr

Elementom, Ex-Villain

Sexuality: Bi-curious Heterosexual

Power/Ability: Armoured Form - Through contact absorption of materials, Elementom is able to build layers of armour over his body, generally resulting in increased weight, size, strength and kinetic damage resistance.  The appearance of this armour can vary based on the materials absorbed (examples below).

Bio: A superhuman rights activist, Elementom took an active and brutal role against anti-superhuman sentiment.  He internally argued that even if his actions only further portrayed superhumans in a negative light, he was still making progress every time he tore an anti-superhuman bigot limb from limb.  Prior to the zombie apocalypse, Elementom worked as the hired muscle for a number of villains and occasionally joined like minded teams to shed the blood of hate groups, regardless of if the group was anti-superhuman, racist or otherwise intolerant.

With the rise of the living dead, Elementom's focus changed to flattening every biter he encountered, having been a teenage horror buff the last thing he wanted was to witness an extinction level event come to pass first hand.  Elementom quickly found himself fighting side by side with the heroes who'd often be looking to stop his rampages any other day, and his reputation got a good spit and polish from his continued efforts.

These days he often spends his time stomping through the streets, crushing as many dead-heads as he can before finding somewhere safe to rest and recharge.  No matter how long it takes, he's going to make this world safe for the living.

Notes: A lot smarter than he lets on, he's happy to act as the rock-headed muscle, but still make his power-plays from the background.

"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

MissFire

Andy, that might be a bit too... silly... for an origin story.
    - Sima Yi

AndyZ

Interdiction of words

I will get a character up by Monday or tuesday
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

AndyZ

Edited, MissFire.  Let me know if it's okay now.

MissFire

Looks good to me, though if you wish to fill it out with some more detail later that'll be even better. And LSW's character is approved, too.
    - Sima Yi

LSWSjr