Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, May 15, 2019, 05:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female.

Khal Drogo

not approved yet as you can tell from the tag but I'd be interested in taking part in this if it's still open, do I just write a start for my character or how does this go? kinda new to all this
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

A good start would be to write a character skeleton (i.e. name, age, profession etc, but I can do an example one for my character if that'll help), that way if there's anything which won't fit into the world of the story I can let you know before the story starts

Khal Drogo

something like this?

Name: Daric Dondarian
Personality: an animal loving drunk who likes fighting but prefers not to kill if he likes fighting the opponent or feel they don't deserve death. Has some skills in basic survival and making handycrafts. Learned to use all basic weapons but his favorite weapon type are big swords or war hammer. He is honorable to a fault but that's what also draws people in towards him, his personality is a magnet which pulls in people who wants to be his friend and wants to exploit him alike.

looks: has red beard and unkempt hair and is bulky muscular, slightly taller than average human. Wears leather tunic and mail underneath and a wolf pelt to keep warm.
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

Yeah :) is that your character or just an example? I don't mind either way, just curious

Khal Drogo

well, it's supposed to be my character for here, not sure what else I should have on there since I've not made a character from scratch in a long time

Lady Jenn

To be honest the only other information I'd need really is if our character and mine are related, but judging by his surname that's a good solid no to that question lol

Khal Drogo

yep, if magic's an option the ability to conjur items that is limited by how much my character can carry would be nice, what's next?

Lady Jenn

Do you want my character's skelly? I should warn (possibly against my better judgement anyway) there are a lot of NPCs, just because otherwise we would need an insane number of players to make it work properly

Khal Drogo

Quote from: Lord Bane on May 17, 2019, 12:17:20 PM
Do you want my character's skelly? I should warn (possibly against my better judgement anyway) there are a lot of NPCs, just because otherwise we would need an insane number of players to make it work properly

ok, I wanna see. I'll see how I handle having a lot of NPCs. I've done some RPs but not very experienced so I'm in your care

Lady Jenn

I say multiple NPCs, there's almost never large numbers "on-screen" at once, usually no more than two at once.

Name: Varyn Argann
Personality: The city's main blacksmith, Varyn has a personal reason to hate the ruler of the city, as his wife died due to the king's actions. He has long been plotting revenge, but he is aware as an aging man the days of him going off on quests alone are long over. He is hoping he will find someone able, and willing, to assist him.

looks: Six foot tall, with straight dark brown hair, he is mostly seen wearing his smith's apron and a leather tunic and trousers. His other notable feature is a nasty scar just below his right wrist.

Khal Drogo

Alright then this should be better, we start the rp right in this threat right?

Name: Daric Dondarian
Personality: As the son of an innkeeper he used to dream of growing up to become a knight as a child, to serve the king and country but one day a group of knights came to the inn, assulted and destoryed the property in the inn but when they beg the king for justice he executed daric's father instead. from then on he trained to kill the king, using the inn as a hub for recruiting anyone who is against the king. He has had keep interest in conjuring magic but has yet to try it in action though he did study it in books

looks: two meters tall and slightly bulky, blue eyes and red semi long hair and a beard. He has blue ritualistic looking tattoos on his neck and shoulders. he'd wear a buttoned shirt and a pair of jeans held up by suspenders. When traveling he'd wear his favorite leather tunic and boots and a pointy hat reminiscient of robinhood, as well as a black red trench coat

Lady Jenn

No, we'd start a new thread in the RP section, which I'll do, but are there any questions you have first? I mean, you're welcome to ask me questions in this thread at any point during the story, I just thought I'd take the chance to clear up any questions you might have. Sorry, just realised I used the q word too many times :P

Khal Drogo

ah, well I have a little bit, first would be will you have magic in here and if so which kind of magic system do you have? also do you have a plan on what the story will be or we'll continue in the direction of defeating the tyrant but on the way is improvised?

Lady Jenn

There is some magic...to be honest I haven't really thought of a system. Maybe I should've done, beyond what spells characters can use and when is all I really had planned out for that. As for a plan for the story, I have rough plans (like certain set-pieces the characters need to get to), but how they reach these checkpoints, for want of a better phrase, I'm open to altering to suit what people want :-)

Khal Drogo

alright then yea, I want my character to be able to use spells. Last question is this is more of a freeform type right?

when you start the thread either send me the link or post it here

Lady Jenn

I feel like this is likely a stupid question, but what do you mean by freeform type? I just want to be sure we're on the same page before we start lol

Khal Drogo

Quote from: Lord Bane on May 20, 2019, 04:37:01 PM
I feel like this is likely a stupid question, but what do you mean by freeform type? I just want to be sure we're on the same page before we start lol

basically does it have dice and rules on how each events will play out or we'll just type things out as they come without outside influence. I saw some people here use crazy system like DnD while others just write the story as they go

Lady Jenn

Ahh, I get what you mean. No dice, like I said there are "checkpoints" (for want of a better word) that the characters will get to, but the routes between them I'm happy to have fit with whatever we want them to be. If that makes any sense?

Khal Drogo

yep I got the gist of it, alright I think I'm ready for the thread now, I'll go look for it in the section or you'll post the link here once you posted it?

Lady Jenn

I may not do it immediately, but when I do create the thread I will post it in here

Lady Jenn

Khal Drogo

sorry to bother but do pick one. Is it Karolina or Carolina

Lady Jenn

Sorry, it is meant to be K, my brain probably just keeps forgetting lol