Lets get our cut! Sons of Anarchy interest check

Started by Primarch, January 11, 2012, 03:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frelance

Evolution is an arms race

GaGa88

I will have a character picture and a picture for vehicle of choice up sometime tomorrow. If it will help in the meantime, if any of y'all know who Amber Heard is...that is who I will be using.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Primarch

Name: Chase McCabe
Position In Club: President
Hometown: Glasgow, Scotland

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
[/center
Vehicle of Choice:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Skills: Like many other current members of the Club, Chase served in the military becoming a member of the SAS. He's a moderate mechanic and has become a very capable "Outlaw" Biker, that is to say he has intimate knowledge of how most Outlaw Biker Gangs operate and how to conduct business, from setting up and maintaining a new racket to dealing and negotiating with other groups. As the owner of "McCabe's Rides" he is unsurprisingly talented enough at legitimate business and retail to keep a legitimate small company afloat.
Day job: Owner of a Motorbike retail yard
Personality: Chase McCabe is a black knight, he does good things in bad ways. Quite a man for local community he's been an advocate within the club for looking out for their own and keeping their area clean since he's been important enough to voice an opinion. Chase however certainly expects total commitment from his boys. If someone isn't giving one hundred they have no place in the Club as far as he goes. The President will gladly put a bullet in someone to protect one of his lads, but when he asks for a job done he expects it be done without questions asked. Its not to say he keeps his cards close to his chest within the Club nor does he keep them in the dark, but every so often the information comes afterwards for one reason or another, usually just because its an emergency and needs to be done fast. All that being said, Heaven protect the poor sap who interupts Chase watching a football match or someone who tells him to call it "soccer." 

History: Chase McCabe was, in his early years, a rather normal young boy. He did normal boy things like play football and eat fried mars bars. In his teenage years he discovered an interest in motorbikes, so many cool dudes on tv made it look undeniably the embodiment of badass. It was in his late teenage years that he got rather bored of being a "normal" young man, rather everything was normal about him. Even in school his results consistently came back as being "average." He started eating more fruit, spent more time getting good exersize (until he was old enough to join a gym and not look a fool). At 18 a more confident, socially desirable and physically fit Chase finished school. Continuing a family tradition he joined the army, just like his dear old Grandfather.

Chase however would not be satisfied with something regular, he had one objective and he'd be satisfied with nothing else. S.A.S. When it came to the Military there was absolutely nothing more impressive then terrifying SAS. Sure enough Chase ran the training programme and came out on top. Who'd have thought the young boy who ate too many mars bars would become a member of the SAS. Well he did. What he didn't expect was Bosnia and that the SAS would get involved with NATO. Chase served his time and after Bosnia took his leave. Like many others however, when he returned afterwards he found himself having difficulty in blending back in with regular society. It was on the open road with a bike between his legs that he started to feel at home. Once the hero's welcome wore off he found himself actually feeling rather outcast. The rules and expectations were turned on their heads.

It was during a vacation to ride route 66 that he discovered the world of Outlaw Biker Gangs. At first it was just some guys admiring his bike and vice versa, then it was a drink, then it was getting up to a little mischief. Next thing he knew his was finishing the ride with some guys who were sure enough, an Outlaw Biker Gang. Chase returned home but ultimately knew life in Britain didn't hold very much for him. He packed his bags, sold what he could and moved over. Once he was set up he sought out his riding buddies and became a prospect. He ran his first year and shockingly enough, the group accepted the him into their ranks. He was a member for only one year before he became the Sergeant at Arms, the previous having been shot several times in his own home. Despite his relatively short career with the group he was the most suitable for the position, that whole SAS training thing. At least that's what it appeared to be. Six months in the President tried to bring him in on a little deal. The President and Secretary had been carving money off the side and lining their own pockets. Soon enough however the VP approached him and explained he was suspicious of the President and had some evidence on the questionable activities. What resulted was a civil war amongst the club. In the end only three men walked away, Chase being the only officer. They recruited, reformed, rebuilt and once the club was large enough the acting President Chase McCabe was made full deal. He's been running the show for over ten years now and with the Club in better condition then ever & an Old Lady twelve years his junior he has no interest in stepping down. 

GaGa88

I like him :) Can't say that I have any complaints about him.

Frelance

lesleymoon

Name: Riley Evans
Position In Club: President's Old Lady
Hometown: Scranton, Pennsylvania

Appearance: Riley stands 5'7 inches tall, with a lean, toned dancer's build.
She typically sports light blonde hair with dark lowlights, with an ever changing array of
colored streaks in her hair. She has been known to change her hair color completely though on a whim
going a dark brown, or fiery red. She wears a lot of jewelry and leather, with a feminine yet edgy
rock and roll sort of style. She has a Monroe piercing and a lowbret piercing, both of which sport studs made of silver.

Vehicle of Choice: 2004 Ford Mustang, the back of Chase's bike
Skills: Pretty good cook, when she has a notion for it. Good with numbers, knows when to keep her mouth shut. Knows enough about guns to protect herself.
Day job: Bartender at the club's main hangout
Personality: Riley is quiet, around those she doesn't know well. She doesn't trust easily, and is wary of strangers. Now, that being said, once you get to know her, you won't find any one more loyal. She struggles with her past sometimes, especially the guilt she feels about Jake taking the lion's share of their father's abuse. That being said, she does her best not to let her past define her, if only for the notion of not wanting to let her father's memory win.

History: The Evans siblings grew up in an abusive family. Both of their parents were alcoholics and while the father tried to beat his children their mother did her best to protect them until Jake was the age of eight. He attempted to defend his mother while she was protecting him and Riley. His actions worked to protect his mother but in the end it just made it easier for their father to beat Riley and Jake. Their mother tried to keep protecting them for another four months but after that she seemed to pull into herself and started drinking heavily, leaving the children to fend for themselves.

Jake was never able to completely protect his sister from their father. He was able to defend her and take more of the beatings but for every beating he was able to take that was meant for Riley, her mental state suffered. Over the years the beatings got more severe. While both children had to deal with a hard life at home it had almost no effect on their education. Both had marks that were higher than expected for children in their situation.

Six months before Riley’s sixteen birthday their father went into a rage which was nothing new. The outcome of this beating was that four of the fingers on Jakes right hand were broken in multiple places and he was not able to protect his sister. A week later the school nurse was able to take a look at Jake’s hand and sent him to the hospital. Fortunately he came out with full use of his hand but the nerves were damaged which causes him pain, how often or how much is uncertain.

They stuck around until Riley turned sixteen before they dropped off the grid. A few months later they reappeared, enrolled at a school in the town where their uncle owned a bar. From then on they were introduced to the darker side of the town and the local biker club. After graduating from high school Jake joined the local biker gang. Riley continued on with school, and almost immediately after graduation, she started working at her uncles bar, which just so happened to be the main hangout for her brother's gang. This was how she came to really be introduced to the gang.

eiselmann

Quote from: Primarch on January 22, 2012, 04:41:37 PM
Ack! eiselmann, less of the bold!
And a larger character pic please. Would be great to actually see him.

got rid of the bold...will try to get a bigger picture but its been a long day and it may be another 18 hours before I get it sorted
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

eiselmann

resized the photo...let me know if its all good not
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

Frelance

Do we want to wait for more players or are we good with what we have so far?

Secretwriter

Blah blah blah
I'm interested in playing, but I don't want to play someone's 'old lady' or their 'broad', though I'm open to character relationships. I just don't want being someone's woman to be my character's sole definition and role. I want to play a female Biker, with the face of Kat Von D.  I have a character all ready to use, just gotta tweak her bio.  I don't want involved in prostitution, she'll turn her head on that kind of thing, looking the other way. 

Working on the bio now, changed my mind about submitting it.

Name: Ingrid Schmidt
Position in Club: Jake Evans Ole Lady, (Wo)Man of Mayhem
Hometown: Doesn't matter. She'll tell if asked but to her it doesn't matter.

Appearance:   5'4". Curvy. Wide hips and well proportioned breasts. 135 lbs.
Vehicle of Choice: When with Jake, his bitch seat
When not with Jake
Skills: Tattoos, flower arranging, meditation, pranks, hand to hand combat, guns.
Day Job: Bartender at Fatboyz, a biker bar. Mud wrestler there on Thursday nights for extra cash.  [This might change as Primarch said something about everyone working at the club]

Personality: Quiet and pensive unless she has something to say. Very stern and rule oriented.  Flirtatious and mischievous. Outgoing [around the right people] and usually having something up her sleeve, she can also be quite laid back most of the time.  She's been told that with her tattoos her quietness makes her intimidating, she just blinks and goes back to being quiet because she truly has nothing that is nice to say to that.  She is not submissive to most people but is to those that she loves.  Ingrid is standoffish to people who don't know her but those that do know that she likes to laugh and tell dirty jokes, loves to goof off and loves to dance, though she isn't anything to write home about, she just likes to move her body. She also likes singing, but doesn't do it very loudly outside of the shower.

She enjoys some rather girly things that she doesn't talk about with those not in her inner circle. She loves flower arranging and will sometimes do it just to decorate the club house for a giggle, mostly for the ladies of the club.

An avid photographer for a hobby, having worked briefly as a bondage photographer when she was on the move, she often has her beat up camera out and clicking, though she aims more at inanimate objects and people she knows well than those who might not want their picture taken. She has been a photographer at several Bike Week celebrations and has done shoots for calendars with women and motorcycles.

She has an 'asshole intolerance' and doesn't agree with everything that her friends do but has her own agenda. The agenda is having a family and seeking unconditional love.

When it comes to tattoos she's an emotional eater - the pain of the tattoos drown out the pain in her heart. Look at her and tell her that she feels nothing.

Don't you dare insult her father but feel free to call her mother a bitch. Her biological father committed suicide when she was very young, or so she was told. She doesn't remember because she was about six  Her father was from a wealthy family but she doesn't know much more than that.  Don't dare tell her that she's worthless, the sentence won't leave your lips without you chancing biting off your own tongue. 

History: Coming from a broken home and overcoming drug addiction, eating disorders as a teenager, and learning that she couldn't follow military orders, Ingrid became a bounty hunter in her late teens/early twenties.  Molested by her brother as a teenager, she took on a certain attitude about sex and her body. She developed an eating disorder and gained weight, turning to cocaine to lose it when her mother got on her case about being chubby. One day she just couldn't take her home life anymore.

Ingrid ran away from home when she was sixteen and hopped from place to place, friends couches mostly, until she started abusing illegal substances to the point of hitting rock bottom.  She ended up with no job, no friends, no family and left her small town in Germany to join the military.  She thought that she could be a soldier and do what others wanted but quickly found out that she could not mindlessly listen and obey when something went against the grain or hit her heart.  She was always one to stand up for what she believed in and that wouldn't change.

She got dishonorably discharged from the military and then went into bounty hunting.  She wasn't the best but she was damn good, rarely missing her mark and only killing three of her marks in the process.  That was a very clean record.  As time went on, she grew bored with constantly tracking people down and bringing them to what was likely their deaths and started researching rehabilitation.  She found that a lot of her bounties were personal to the person hiring her and all weren't criminals.  She decided that she wasn't going to live that life, wasn't going to be the person who worked for crooked politicians instead of the justice system.

Ingrid moved on and moved around the world, trying to find her place, ending up at bar after bar on her motorcycle, a Lone Wolf for a long time.  Ingrid has faced some dark things that she doesn't talk about, but she doesn't let them affect her. Being a Lone Wolf in a man's world was a hard thing but she refuses to whine; no one can hurt her if she doesn't put her heart in their trust. This means that Jake is the person that can hurt her the most, but also make her smile the widest and brightest.

She met Jake Evans when he was out on a long ride and came back with him. She refused to just be a sweet butt, though what she did she did for her interests. While she's friends with several of the other men, Jake is the only one that ever touched her on an emotional level.

When her father was alive her family had some money. They weren't rich by far but they got by comfortably. After his death her mother ran through their savings and married someone else for his money. 

Ingrid had always worked for what she has and she's not one that wants a whole lot, she's fine living simply. She has a comfortable bank account but doesn't really use it or need it. She's saving up for something special if her and Jake work out.

more blah blah blah not related to the actual bio

Here two hours after I posted, I've just now seen the roles of women and men. I really would like to go against the norm, I think that it could be a lot of fun for everyone involved. I've pmed Frelance about a plot, am waiting to hear back from him.    Have heard back from him and we've plotted, if my character is allowed, that they will be a couple, Jake and Ingrid.

I don't have a problem playing a sweetbutt, [so long as she has the option of saying no*] like I told Frelance, but I really do like his character and think that he would get along well with Ingrid if he's interested. I've watched SoA and I don't see the women on it being only for entertainment, they're all strong and while it's sexist, the women don't seem that pushed into inferior roles to me. They seem normal for what I'm used to. I'm a house wife. I stay at home and clean the house, take care of the kids.

*No one has mentioned what group this is going in yet, not that I've seen, so I don't see her being forced if it's in Light... Though I doubt it'll be light... *laughs*

So... if I'm just wasting my time here, let me know so I can find another game that wants me.  *frets*

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Frelance

As Sweetwriter has mentioned already I am fine with her character as long as everyone else.

eiselmann

Yeah its all good with me....as you say the woman in soa are all strong willed infact I can only recall once Jax telling his mother when it came to a specific bit of club business that she was just an old lady so had no say in what was going on...otherwise she is seen often nudging the club to her view or being her own person

...certainly Tara is ingrained in the club and gets the hierarchy within but also absolutely maintains her own status regardless of what the club would otherwise impose

I think the character Ingrid would be a great addition

My ons and offs link

Secretwriter

*sighs with a bit of relief* What you've just said makes me feel loads better. I patiently await the ruling of the other members and the GM. ^.^

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

lesleymoon

I think Ingrid would be a great addition to the group. *nods* I know its not traditional in most rl biker gangs, but thats the great thing about fiction. :) They can be progressive like that.

Primarch

When I first looked at the app, I was all like "Female biker being part of the club? That's not how it works! roaar!" But then I was all like "But this is RP, I'm pretty sure doing what we want is kind of the point!" So I've decided I'm cool with. She wouldn't need to be a Sweetbutt either, as that's only for the gals that don't have a boyfriend in the club. Its just being a non-charging prostitute until someone takes a liking to you. She may have been a Sweetbutt in her early days, but now that she's involved your all set.

On another note, its been mentioned a few times about the whole prostitution racket thing, how would people like to make that the first "plot," the gun running gig is established and solid so the club looks to develop. They choose prostitution. Opinions?

Frelance

I had the same thoughts go through my head when I first saw the post. As for the gunrunning vs Prostitution as the business I don't mind which came first as long as we have both I am good.

Primarch

Next topic, Chase McCabe in finished. If one of you feels like giving him a formal review I'd consider that fair enough.

Eiselmann, while that picture certainly is larger, its also rather pixelated. I found you a more crisp version here, feel free to use it: boom, also the genius intellect thing is a bit much. Remove that and I'd be satisfied.

Gaga, looks fine. If you could just make those two posts one post so its altogether it would be great.

Frelance, looks pretty solid if for perhaps one point. Do we want to be building up the club? Because if we do the "all the charters" might not be overtly relevant. Of course that only applies if we're the first/home charter. If we're a lower branch it changes things. Opinion of the group?

Lesley, also looks fine. You could bring her history on her involvement in the gang slightly up to date but ultimately its optional, we know she got involved and my characters history makes reference.

As has been slightly covered, Ingrid looks fine with perhaps exception to finishing the history (that how OOC part in the middle about her joining). I think that's everyone, if not I apologize for missing you. <.<
Ultimately though I think we do have enough to start, we'll keep recruitment open mind you (I came home to a PM from an interested member, might be one more!)

I'll get OOC & the first IC board (I'm thinking clubhouse?) Up tomorrow at some point and we can crack in. Can start it off with everyone getting together some evening to have our first private meeting (bring up the new gig?). Opinions?

lesleymoon

I will do a bit of a tweak as far as  Riley's background with the club. I think Chase looks good, Primarch, except you might want to say when he came to america from scotland. unless i overlooked it.

I also think its fine to start with them discussing a new venture as well. I dont have a preference as to what venture came first but prostitution would probably be easier. all you need is a gal and a customer and youre in business.

Secretwriter

Thank you all! ;D I can work on the history bit some tonight, reading bios, I want her to work at a bar, not where Lesleymoon's character works. She could give a heads up if trouble was headed toward the club house. Could be useful in plot. I have no problem with her having been a sweet butt, she isnt a prude. I THINK i am going to make photography one of her hobbies, as she was a photographer in another game here on E. Just a hobby though. Along with the prostitution angle, what about venturing into pornohraphy production down the road? My phone doesn't allow me to make paragraphs. I would love for Riley and Ingrid to be friends. It could have been that the siblings met her along the way? Anyway, will be sparse later I am pretty sure. My son's 1st bday party is tommorrow. 

GaGa88

I have no access to a computer with internet so having to use my phone. As soon as I have computer access, I will do that.

Frelance

Primarch, Chase looks fine to me, I don't have anything to bring up with him.

As for Jake I was going from my interpretation of things that we were starting up a new charter so I put that in thinking he could have been part of the nomad charter for some time. Personally I like the idea of them starting a new charter over them building hte club from the ground up. It gives us the ability to bring in other charters into the plot if we wanted to. By that I mean we could have them getting a cut when they make sure products from the other charters get through their territory safely. So if we decide to build the club from the ground up then I will change it to something that fits better.

Primarch

Quote from: Secretwriter on January 27, 2012, 01:33:15 PM
What about venturing into pornohraphy production down the road?

I'd be totally okay with that. We could go after it once we've secured a number of prostitutes (you know....our more attractive ones!) or if we start a pornography company first and then hire out the girls.

Secretwriter

The prostitutes are all gonna be girls who either wanna be there or don't have much choice due to their life and circumstances, right? What I'm asking is are the women forced into it or is it beneficial to them - with that kind of angle there's surely to be one or two who want to play the victim, which I'm not interested in.  I mean, sure, they're all 'bad' guys in their own right, but forcing people into prostitution is a bit much for a new charter or a new club to do. Just feeling things out here. :P

Primarch

Quote from: Secretwriter on January 27, 2012, 04:28:54 PM
The prostitutes are all gonna be girls who either wanna be there or don't have much choice due to their life and circumstances, right? What I'm asking is are the women forced into it or is it beneficial to them - with that kind of angle there's surely to be one or two who want to play the victim, which I'm not interested in.  I mean, sure, they're all 'bad' guys in their own right, but forcing people into prostitution is a bit much for a new charter or a new club to do. Just feeling things out here. :P

I agree, I'd rather not play characters with the mindset of "we'll rape you and put you to business" although I'd be quite fine with coercing women who don't have too many options. Round up all the druggies and struggling single mothers!

eiselmann

Hi rl is busy for a few more hours but I'll make an adjustment to the profile as suggested as soon as I can

I had an idea for bringing a number of prositutes into the the fold...my character is a tow truckie, he's going to encounter women who can't afford to pay to relase their vehicles and he'll be able to match them up with men who have spare cash, who'll pay enough to clear the towing debt and give the woman a little extra to 'help out'....single mothers /mothers in general do meet each other at things like playcenters...if times are tough all it needs for a few women to suddenly have some spending power to pike the interest of other ladies.

just a rough idea for one path towards building the numbers

My ons and offs link