Blog Question

Started by Callie Del Noire, May 22, 2013, 11:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

I was updating my blog and checking out the settings and found something ..weird.

Looking over the stats page, I find some interesting 'traffic sources' popping up.

Google and Elliquiy I get. Google is a no brainer, and well.. given I link my site on my sig I get why.

Where is the tie in to sites that are either 'ID Theft' flagged sites or a scam diet site ( topblogstories.com) are tagging my site 8 to 12 times a week.

The registrar is Trunkoz Technologies out of Mubai but I'm not trying to find out the who.

I'm trying to start to understand the WHY & HOW. Why is a scam site and id theft site showing up on my traffic sources? I don't think a site of 900 hits (so far) is a big priority, so I'm guessing something automated. If I understand the why.. I can fix it so they aren't tied to my site.

Kye

In my experience with my blog they are likely automated and will try to comment on your blog/a post and leave a link to their site as a form of advertisement.  Usually the comments are super generic or don't make much sense, which leads me to believe they are automated. 

Callie Del Noire

No comments on the baord though. Not a one that I can't tie back to someone I know..from some board. (all 3 of them.. I did one of them.)

Kye

Your blog might have something that blocks spam so that they can't post.  I uploaded something to mine to do that and it stopped 95% of it.

Callie Del Noire

Nothing I know of.. it's just a normal Blogger blog. (it's in my sig) I don't see any new posts.

Kye

*nods* Could just be random programs then. That was all I could think of.

Callie Del Noire

Thanks for the info.. it just bugs me. I don't like things like that popping up without knowing why.

Kye

It bothers me too, so I completely understand! I hope you figure out exactly what it is.

Plot Hooks

This happens to me on my blog too. <shamlessplug>robotapocalypse.net</shamelessplug>.

This is pretty much why:

http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2011/02/referer-spam-is-needlessly-alarming.html
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A