Does NOBODY like Dune anymore?

Started by StormAngelus, January 22, 2018, 11:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormAngelus

I am really wanting to be part of an intricate RP in a group for the Known Universe, of Dune by Frank Herbert. I want to be a dom in it, having some fun and playing the elegant one, with a taste for the cruel streak that runs in the Harkonnen bloodlines. Is there anyone out there who runs such a demon?
"Pulseless and cold, with a Derringer by his side and a bullet in his heart, though still as calm as in life, beneath the snow, lay he who was at once the strongest and yet the weakest of the outcasts of Poker Flat." - Bret Harte

Carly

I would adore to role play in a DUNE setting too.

StormAngelus

Oh reeeeeeallly? :D

We must talk. Might I send you a PM?
"Pulseless and cold, with a Derringer by his side and a bullet in his heart, though still as calm as in life, beneath the snow, lay he who was at once the strongest and yet the weakest of the outcasts of Poker Flat." - Bret Harte

Carly

I adored the movie - seen it many times, but I have not read the books - but I did get summaries of the books by a  friend that read them so I know thhe general plot but not the major characters later in the story.

Is that ok ?

PM if  you like :)

LSWSjr

I grew up loving the film and RTS trilogy, let me know if you’re ever looking to start an RP :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

RedRose

Love Dune. Grew up reading it. Parents tried to take it away when they figured out what it was, too late  ;D
I could be in, for the right plot!
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

AryanaAeterna

For the right plot, my Dune loving ass would definitely be interested.  I've always adored the Fremen, really.

Thorne

I should probably read the book again before I go being interested..
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Thufir Hawat

Of course I like Dune. My screen name should tell that much.
But it would still depend on the game that's being offered.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

StormAngelus

OMG I'm plotzing over here....

Any of you who would like to get into a Dune rp, this is the story idea I had. I'm directly copy/pasting this from the One Shot: Classifieds posting I made, so if you're still interested afterwards, feel free to PM me instead. It doesn't have to just be a woman, but if I have enough responses, I can actually make a group RP instead. If you're still interested, contact me!

Name: A Slave to Love

Content: not sure of content level, but definitely will be in at LEAST light bondage. This is a story about the lady of House Harkonnen and her new toy.

Scenario: House Harkonnen's men have become submissive and all royal blood has been eliminated except for the Queen and her daughter - who is set to inherit. When the young woman inherits, the Queen willing dies and the new Queen is swept up in her work. Her mentat, Yorlinor, has found a slave meant to appease his ladyship, as he screwed up royally on his last mission and wishes to placate her.
Setting: Planet Arrakis, which the Harkonnens have taken back over after the failed rule of Paul Mau'dib, in the royal living area.

Requirements: Female, must be sub, prefer women who like f/f sexuality. Must be willing to be submissive and it'll get somewhat hard-core, but respect to the O/Os will always be held.
Other info: This is after Paul Mau'dib has taken power, but in this thread he has failed and his lineage has been nearly completely wiped out. Strangely,
the Bennett Gesserit have taken power.