A Temple of Two Spirits -- 1: Twin Spirits

Started by Twisted Crow, January 04, 2016, 07:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

One:
----
'Twin Spirits'

Many can knock it or snicker at this tune. It may be ironic considering that a band called "Extreme" performed this, but... you know what? Screw it... it's beautiful. Play it. :P

Everything about music like this tends to shake off any frosty, jagged scales over my heart. The... 'dirt on the soul' (if you believe in such a thing). The harmony that reaches out a hand to "both" of me... to us. It reminds that faraway "Prewar Dallas" is still needed within. That he still serves a genuine purpose as 'The Empath'. That kind and soft Dallas. To a degree...this can also sometimes be the "weak" (or "vulnerable") Dallas. The Dallas that sometimes can't be alone. What is important is that it restores this one's purity. But he isn't the only one. At the same time, it calms the other self. The other Dallas. That fierce guardian, jaded maverick and ex-soldier. What I sometimes call that "necessary demon with a heart" that accompanies the naivete. That Dallas that sometimes needs to be alone to himself and figure stuff out. Comfort brought to that young, passion-driven conqueror that would achieve the best in himself, and if need be... claw his way into the depths of Hell for friends that needed him. He is reminded not to panic, not to waver or approach every problem by himself. Partially because, he is never truly alone.

These are two "sides" of the self that both look after one another ...and sometimes even do battle "for my own good".

"Twin Spirits."

In my life, that is the phrase or term I keep muttering under my breath. Even in a world, a slice of the U.S. where many wouldn't grasp it. That many are not truly required to grasp, yet... doesn't exactly make me as relatable to most in a lot of real world surroundings. Fortunately, I still make and keep friends here and there. Some know about this, others don't necessarily need to know it unless they have an open mind. Not everyone can really grasp or believe my mindset and feelings. To be honest, it took me many years to accept that and even more to live with it. Heh, all of this may sound complicated to you readers (and it definitely can be!). However, there are many times such as this... with soothing music, a muse sparking with creativity and renewed faith in what I feel Love truly is... that these two "selves" can give me remarkable strengths and qualities.

Welcome to the nexus, the road in which I walk. The body that saunters among it; a host of twin spirits. My Body; My Temple. In ways, I guess one could also say both of us stride forth together, both in conflict and in harmony with one another. ^-^

SeraphimE

Nothin' to snicker at, it's a beautiful song. And, as you stated, it can touch so deeply and in so many ways. Anyway, good choice. :)

Um, just a new person here, checking out the site, and, stuff. So, um, if this doesn't go here, please just delete it or whatever you need to do. Just sending out a compliment on the choice of music, writing and baring of the soul. :) 

Twisted Crow

Quote from: SeraphimE on January 13, 2016, 11:47:28 AM
Nothin' to snicker at, it's a beautiful song. And, as you stated, it can touch so deeply and in so many ways. Anyway, good choice. :)

Um, just a new person here, checking out the site, and, stuff. So, um, if this doesn't go here, please just delete it or whatever you need to do. Just sending out a compliment on the choice of music, writing and baring of the soul. :)

Heh. Thank you. And it's okay. You are not doing anything wrong by commenting. :)