End Game [EX: Post Apoc/Horror/Dark Fan - Recruitment Thread - Excursionist!]

Started by Dark Deception, June 13, 2011, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

Starlequin: The Excursionists run the Excursionist missions. I just oversee them (making sure everything is going well). This game is going to run pretty moderate, so it shouldn't give you too much of an issue. If it's your turn in the thread, I'm sure everyone will wait.

lol As you can see this one was better thought out than my other one. o_o Only because I've Rped this before.

TheHangedMan: Noted. Thank you for the Update.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Starlequin

As shiny as this looks, I'll have to pass after all, I think. Hope it flies.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Dark Deception

Dark Deception

Hey,

Sorry for the quiet period guys. I've just been multi-tasking. I'll be heading to France next Thursday, and I'll be there studying for two months. So yeah, just a lot of things I need to make sure that get done before I leave. Any who...my profile is up.

Name: (Dark Secret) Boyer
Nickname: Cael, Mr. Freeze
Codename: Mr. Freeze, Red Leader
Race: Human
Type: The Prophet
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Complexion: Olive
Physique: Athletic

Basic Appearance: Cael pretty much looks like a cop or some sort of serviceman. His hair is tremmed short with the exception of it being two-inches long on the crown of his head and shorter about the sides. He has slight stubble along his jaw and his face reflects an air of friendliness even while during these dark and dismal times. He can be seen in kevlar with knee and elbow guards. His old, blue police undershirt (keeping XXPD), and wears dark, flame-retarded trousers over steel-toe combat boots.

Personality: Cael misses when criminals were the worst the world had to deal with. He dislikes monsters and spooks, and is actually always scared whenever he has to go on a mission. After being out on so many, he has developed quite a backbone, and he sees his fear as a courage booster. Before a mission, he can be found hugging a toilet and heaving it up. It becomes visible that he is frightened when his nerves act up, and who knew he'd be chosen by God? Cael tends to complain when he doesn't want to go through with somethig even if its apart of the mission, but he has moments where he can be charismatic and the leader everyone wishes for him to be. But mostly, he's often silly.
Likes: Not being on a mission, sleeping, returining to HQ for some good old-fashioned cooking, and finishing a mission with as few casualties as possible.
Dislikes: Sinners, traitors (ghouls), having to be drug along on missions.
Talents: Besides having sudden visions from God and seeing angels, he can cook, do a decent amount of martial arts he learned while being an officer, and show some leadership.
Background: A decade ago, Cael was a newbie cop at the XXPD, writing tickets and kicking down the doors of drug dealers' apartments. He was a pretty fearless cop, that is, until 2012 happened. Now with his old childhood terrors coming to reality, he doesn't know what to think of his courage anymore.

When New Years Eve arrived, Cael had taken one of the calls that came in at the station. It brought him to a house that was reported to have some sort of monster going around and eating the members of the family. What he thought at first was a prank call actually turned out to be true and Cael wound up running and hiding from the Sinners for a year. Salvation had no idea how he managed to survive for he eventually lost his gun and was found unarmed in an old freezer (thus his codename and joke name Mr. Freeze). They brought him into the organization and when he began to display visionary powers that gave him the name Prophet, the organization felt it may have been God's will to make him the leader even if he wasn't what they expected. The past leader of Salvation, Byron Reid was not pleased.

Weaponry:
SIG P245 (2)
M16 with M203 attachment (1)
Fragmentation Grenades (3)

Gear:
Pack of Breath-Freshening Gum (never know)
2 clips - 8 rounds each for SIGs.
30 rifle rounds for M16.
Pocket Knife
Fruity Snacks

Power: Bioelectricity - It is Cael's rune ability to generate an electrical charge using the electrical energy his body produces. By amplifying that charge, the run allows him to expel it in a stream to shock enemies and even power equipment.

This profile is a rough draft and it was copy-pasted from when I did this RP on another site. I'm going to go back over it with the new layout I have here. I hope we get more people interested in this game. It looks like a ghost town.  :P

TheHangedOne

No worries, DD. I hope you have fun in France, and wish you well in your studies.  :-) And I certainly hope others do join, too. I may end up pestering a few friends of mine on here and seeing what they think.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Dark Deception

Yeah, I won't be approving myself until I get time to work on his profile. I'm going to be hanging with my father today, be back later. If anyone wants to join just put up a profile and I'll skim over it as soon as I get back.

omfgSarah

Hey all.
I'm interested.
Can we play two characters?
I was thinking of doing one male and one female, if it's okay.
Here's the main boy I'd like to play, though. :]
It's a HUGE work in progress, bear with me. :b :]
Model mayhem hates me so I used something from my younger days xp

Name: Seth Andrews.
Nickname(s): Seth.
Codename: Baby or Little One.
Race: Blessed.
Type: Healer.
Height: 5'10".
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown.
Eye Color: Blue.
Complexion: Pale.
Physique: Kind of scrawny. He can hold his own for a little while, but it usually wouldn't last long.
Basic Appearance:

Personality: Seth is a really shy young man for the most part. He's unfamiliar with meeting so many people, having grown up for the most part after the apocalypse stuck in his house. Once he did live on his own on the streets, he didn't talk to anyone. He was too afraid of the fate his parents suffered and all the stories he heard them tell to try to be close to anyone. He's still pretty wary of mutants in particular, but for the most part trusts the people the rest of the Salvation brings in. If he does trust someone, he becomes really open and kind of childish. He's very naive, and a lot of the adult humor he hears goes right over his head.
Likes: Cuddling, pudding, the base, old faces, helping people.
Dislikes: Sinners in general, mutants [they just make him nervous], excessive violence, eating meat.
Talents: Baby has a knack for healing, more so than is common in other Blessed ones. He's really charming and good at making friends with people once he opens up, if that counts as a talent.
Background: Seth was born into a wealthy family. His father was a doctor, his mother stayed at home to take care of the house. Once the apocalypse happened, Seth was only nine. He would listen by the kitchen doorway as his parents spoke of the terrors outside the house. They never mentioned it while he was around, though, and they made sure he was kept safe in the house for as long as possible.
Seth's father was killed at work, trying to help a man who was attacked and tainted who suddenly turned on him and killed him. Without him around, his mother needed to go out to get food from time to time, but she still didn't let Seth go with her. She wanted to keep her son safe and sound as long as possible. Unfortunately, she ended up being killed one of these trips out.
By fifteen, Seth was totally alone in his house. He had just a few days of food left before he needed to find a new source. Having spent his life at home, protected from all things profane and dirty, Seth was an image of purity. It didn't take long at all of Seth being on the streets for an angel to bless him.
It wasn't until Baby was sixteen that the Salvation stumbled across him, hiding in an abandoned building. Ever since, he's been kept inside the base because he's not strong enough to be much of a fighter and he's such a strong healer that it would be stupid to risk his life out there.

Weaponry: A single, 6 inch dagger strapped to his belt.
Gear: Since he lives and stays on base at all times, Seth carries just his dagger. He wears average, straight legged, loose but not baggy blue jeans with a white cloth belt and a plain white tee shirt. He has plain gold chain with an ivory pendant shaped like wings. For shoes he wears commonplace combat boots, only slightly worn out. He also has two stainless steel snake bite lip rings.
Powers: Invisibility. The only problem is that metals don't vanish with his ability, so his chain, knife, lip rings, and belt buckle don't vanish as he does.
Ons&Offs

11/19: Sorry all, having a totally hectic week! I will work on posts for everyone ASAP!
[Posting order; Mr Badguy, Mr Thorne, Wabisuke, Google, Phoenix]

Dark Deception

Sure. I see nothing wrong with having two characters. He looks good so far.

omfgSarah

Sweet, thanks.
My other character is going to be a female tainted one that hasn't been rescued yet, if that's alright?
I'll post her in the morning.
Also, I finished with Seth, if he's good. I can change things if needed though. :]
Ons&Offs

11/19: Sorry all, having a totally hectic week! I will work on posts for everyone ASAP!

Dark Deception

Seth is approved. Sorry that took awhile. I just woke up. I thought I was on France's sleeping schedule. Lol I'm nowhere near.

Dark Deception

I think my char's profile is done. Anyone want to check it over?

Also, should we just start? I wish we had about 2 more Excursionists because we only have one.

TheHangedOne

Give it another day? I'm sending a few PMs out to my friends to see if I can drum up a few more players.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

omfgSarah

So I think I'm gunna wait on making a second character for at least a little bit, but I'll probably make her once we really get going.
:]
Ons&Offs

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Dark Deception

I'm about ready to just close it for another time. I head to France Thursday and I don't know if I'll have time for it. We also don't have enough people. This is meant to be kind of semi-big. But this is the only decision I can come up with.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!