PERSONA! (A School Based game about finding your true self.) Big group wanted.

Started by Vergil1989, November 10, 2011, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Lol it's all good.  Love the finish product, but I am curious why his internal body temp spikes when he's using his Persona.  Still, that's just me being curious but I love it.  Go for it!

I am accepting ONE MORE CHARACTER only.  Make it good.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

MelisaArtemis

Hmm... can I play a second character? Male one. This 1 will be designated to be Mizuki's partner/boyfriend though

Vergil1989

No one else has asked this question but I believe I said that you could play ONLY one human character and someone else's Persona, so unfortunately no.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

MelisaArtemis

TheManPerson

This.

I am joining tomorrow afternoon, as I have morning classes at college...

Katra Alexion

TheHangedOne

By the way, folks, since Dark had to step out of the game, I am looking for anyone interested in playing my character's Persona, Beliza.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheManPerson

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 20, 2011, 02:55:10 PM
By the way, folks, since Dark had to step out of the game, I am looking for anyone interested in playing my character's Persona, Beliza.  :-)

I'll play him/her if you're fine with that.

Vergil1989

Katra Alexion

Here is the character that I humbly submit to this game

Name: Sarukura-Kaikan, Takara [last name first]

Sexuality: Straight (some bi curiosity)

Appearance: Takara stands a bit over average height at around 5'7 with model good looks and a naturally slim, curvaceous but athletically compact body. During the day she is right at home in worn denim jeans and simple shirts or shorts and tang tops but at night she dresses to kill whenever she goes out to clubs or street races. But one thing that carries overall is that she clothes are comfortable and easy to fight in if the need arises.

Eye Color: Soft violet-blue

Hair Color/Style: Raven blue, very long reaching the back of her thighs. Normally bangs and two locks of hair frame her face while the rest is ether pulled back and tied back at the nape, worn up in a high ponytail or styled back into a French braid.

Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks: Various nicks and scars decorate her body from years of martial training.

Student or teacher?:  Student

Teacher of/Student of?: Medicine

Job: Yes

Job position/title if you have one: Paramedic

Arcana Choice: Fortune

Summon Persona Preference: Pendant

Other Means: Upon Awakening to her power as Persona User: the eyes of the dragon pendant would glow and its maw would open to release a fierce roar making the wind pick around her like a small tornado of leaves, when it disperses it will reveal a powerful shinobi knelt protectively before his mistress, hand on his sheathed katana ready to face their enemies. In the beginning this would happen automatically as the pendant draws its energy from Takara, activating in moments of great emotional stress or danger until she learns to master the ability on her own.

Persona Name: The Kage-Ryu [Nick: Ryu]

Persona Appearance: Rather on the tall side of six feet with a lean, hard compact body. Hair is a mix of black and white tied back at the nape of his neck and well past his should blades. His brows are dark and well shaped drawing attention to startling silver eyes. His physical appearance could be equated that to the atypical japanese bishounen so he hides the lower portion of his face behind a mask. Ryu's apparel is the modified look of the traditional shinobi wear. The haori is sleeveless and colored a dark dusk greyish-blue fading into white with a black sleeveless muscle shirt with an in built mask underneath. His pants are style after the traditional hakama's, same color as the haori was fades into a darker shade, are less cumbersomeness with more conforming pants legs that are just loose enough to be comfortable tucked in the top of shin guards. On his feet is a pair of white socks and flexible black leather leather tabi boots. his armature such as his bracers and shin guards are made from a ore of the same color as his clothes with the belt and accents of his attire done in greens and purple. His katana is strapped to his back, with the hilt showing over his right shoulder.

Powers and abilities: Wind manipulation, he can create and control wind or use them in his techniques either in outright attacks, evading his enemies by short range teleporting or befuddling their sense with illusions and mirages of himself. He is as swift as the wind and just as quiet, fierce and deadly.  He has high attack and evasion but low defense and is well rounded in magics corresponding to his primary element and some moderate healing capabilities. His main element is wind; he is weak against lightning and is immune to Shadow.

Persona Lore/History: In life Sarukura Shinzo was the founder of the Sarukura-Ryu martial style and the clan’s progenitor. Before he was a legend Shinzo had been simply a young man who had dedicated himself to learning martial arts with his family’s blessings. He studied for years under various masters until a visit home revealed that a power hungry and corrupt lord had swept his armies through the town to replenish their supplies, raping and burning the town to the ground as they went. Among those abuse was his mother and sister – his father and brothers had been killed when they tried to defend them.  Sickened by the events Shinzo sought to avenge this dishonor, not only for his family but for everyone that been harmed by actions of those evil men. And so he gave birth to a legend, rising to prominence during Feudal Era dispatching corrupt government officials, lords or anyone that oppressed those weaker than themselves. His fierceness in battle and his use of guerrilla tactic inspired the people and earned him the title of Kage-Ryu.

Weapon of Choice: Unarmed or Dual Kodachis

Skills: Martial-Arts, First-Aid (paramedic level), Acrobatics, High Speed Driving, Cooking and Survival. Can also speak , read and write in both English and Japanese.

Hobbies: Training, Racing (both car and motorcycle), and sketching.

Likes:Dusk and night time, animes, games, herbal remedies and teas, long walks with her Akita and storms

Dislikes: Mornings, hypocrisy and abuse of authority and disdains all form of drinking alcohol.

Quirks: Possesses a hidden collection of hentai mangas, has a need for speed and always has a med pack ready wherever she goes in her car for onsite care for any emergency she comes across.

Ons: O/O

Offs: O/O

Personality: There was a time that Takara had been a bright, vibrant and passionate girl with a zest for life but too many tragedies in a short amount of time during her teens has transformed Takara into a secretive, harsh and nearly unforgiving young woman with a lot of tightly leashed anger inside. There are times when a softer side can be seen but those moments are rare outside a small circle of people. She can be blunt and straight forward at times believing brutal honesty is better than none in regarding others. She also appreciates people that work hard for what they have and despise those that try to coast their way through life by riding on the coattails of others successes or by taking credit away from those that earned it and claiming it for themselves. She tends to be a loner, keeping to herself outside side of school or at work; that’s not to say that she is anti-social; she likes being around other people just not the main center of attraction. Takara’s past prior to moving to Inaba several years ago is a mystery that she is not inclined to divulge any time soon.

Personal History: Takara was the youngest of four children; the older ones being Ryoga, Yukina and Takara’s twin brother, Shiro. They lived with their parents at their ancestral dojo several cities over from Inaba. Her Hitomi had been trained by her father, Gennosuke in the family style of Sarukura-Ryu since early childhood. Tradition called for Hitomi to take her father’s place when the time came but it was apparent that his only daughter was content in a more domesticated role. So, he looked amongst his other students for a successor, finding what he believed to be a worthy one in Ito Daiki – his daughter’s current love interest. Gennosuke agreed to make Daiki his successor if he would marry his daughter and take their family name. Having no significant family ties Daiki agree and they married a year after finishing college.  Within the first five years of marriage Takara and her siblings were born.  Each of them grew up learning the family style to some extent but only ones that excelled at it was the eldest, Ryoga and Takara herself. Daiki had always seemed to favor Ryoga and Yukina over Takara and Shiro and that opinion only strengthened as they grew. He was also more lenient with them than he was toward Shiro and Takara. And while she did love her older siblings Takara was never particularly close to them seeing as she saw Ryoga as a closet bully and Yukina as an immature social climber. The only ones she shared any close rapport with were her grandfather, mother and Shiro. As for her father, they would clash of over training and philosophies, Daiki wanted Takara to be like her demure sister and Takara wanted to be free to be what wanted to be; a self sufficient person dependent on no one.  When Takara hit her teens is when things really began heating up. Gennosuke his time was short, he already named Daiki trusting that he would carrying on their schools teaching in spite of what he saw as his son-in-laws personal flaws, but now he needed to appoint an heir. The only ones the Grandmaster saw as viable were Ryoga and Takara. So he tested them in the time honored tradition of their family. In many ways it was a close call but in the end Gennosuke choose Takara over her brother for many reasons and none of them in the least him showing nepotism to his granddaughter. She was by far better rounded and grounded than Ryoga and possessed a generosity of spirit the older boy lacked. Little did the Grandmaster know how quickly those virtues would nearly be destroyed in the events to come.

Gennosuke only mistake later that night was telling Daiki his decision without the presence of witnesses, Hitomi had gone to weekly bridge game and Takara and her siblings were out of the house. Daiki and Gennosuke got into a rare argument over the school and its appointed successor; Daiki felt that Ryoga should have been chosen as he was the eldest and a male - no one would hardly respect a woman in such a position and would have others believe the school unfit if a weak female like Takara was officially entered as heir. The school needed a male that could go forth and showcase the strength of the school. Gennosuke was appalled that he had been so erroneous in his judgment of Daiki but honestly couldn’t say he was surprised either. Before the Grandmaster could argue any further on the matter, he suffered and acute heart attack while his son in law stood over him watching before walking away.

Unbeknownst to either man, Takara had returned home to get something she had forgotten when she heard their raised voices. Nearing the dojo she had heard enough to make an educated guess on what they were fighting about and was shocked watching her father turn his back to Gennosuke. Takara was the one to call for an emergency team and stay with her grandfather until they arrived. Gennosuke passed away a short while later in the hospital and in her grief in the following wake Takara pushed her father’s treachery from her mind until a month after the funeral when Daiki name Ryoga the heir and forbid Takara from the dojo under the pretense she needed to get and socialize more and do other lady like things girls her age were suppose to do. Takara was infuriated which sparked the first of many of the arguments for the following year. Takara began to alienate herself from the rest of the family, the only one that seemed to care were Shiro and Hitomi. Takara began spend more time outside the house, throwing herself into her studies and secretly training with her mother and Shiro away from the house while her father mainstreamed and advertised the school by entering  Ryoga into numerous competitions. Feeling the need for a little pay back and bring her father and Ryoga down a peg or two, Takara disguised herself and entered as an independent in one of the biggest martial competitions hosted by their town.

She made it to the final round where she faced off against Ryoga and like before it was a close match but Takara used up all her pent up emotions to fuel her strength and focus and in the end publicly defeated her brother. Daiki was not happy in the least and the fight that followed when they got home was the worst yet, to the point of actually trading blows.  Takara ran out of the house before things could any uglier. She spent hours the night walking around the park trying to clear her thoughts but was overwhelmed by a sense of heart wrenching grief, but refused to return home until the wee hours of the morning. Two days later she returned home only to discover that Shiro and her mother had been hit and killed by a drunk driver when they went to look for her not long after she left the house.

Daiki had waited until after the funeral to inform Takara that he had had enough of her attitude and disrespect, she not only shamed their school but was responsible for her mother and brother’s death and while her grandfather saw to it he could never disown her she was no longer welcomed in his home.  The only thing that saved Takara from going off the deep end was her Aunt Yoshino, her mother’s older half-sister. Hearing about the deaths of her sister and and nephew and Daiki's actions, Yoshino was quick to offer Takara a place with her in Inaba. It had taken some time but Takara began to forge self anew, legally taking use the surname of her maternal grandmother was the first step. For the longest time she had felt directionless until she remembered how her her brother had wanted to be a doctor. In honor of his and her mother's memory Takara began to taking classes in medicine and later taking course at the local college while interning at her aunt's private practice during weekends and breaks. She quickly earned her paramedics license and is working her way through school, saving up to attend med school in the United States much like her aunt did.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it: WIP

((Edit: had forgotten to add her language skills to the list))

Starlequin

Keeping in mind that I am not any manner of GM for this game and have no authority over approvals...I think that looks pretty awesome, Katra.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Katra Alexion

Vergil1989

Katra Alexion

Vergil1989

Katra Alexion

MelisaArtemis

@Zarazel: Hmm... you might want to edit your post a bit. In japanese style bath, they usually exit the bath to scrub their body and cleaning the soap again before going back inside the bath its so that the batch water remains pretty much clean and bubble free :)

Katra Alexion

jilorbb

I am very much interested in this game. (I even worked with a friend for a table-top and other forum-based Persona RP, but that's another story)

I've played all of the Persona games through P3-FES. I've even watched some of Trinity Soul, however, I've yet to play P4.

BlackLightning

Vergil1989

BlackLightning

O well, I'll post my char bio anyway

Name; Kuroyami Ryuuji
Gender; Male
Sexuality;  Straight
Age;  25
Appearance;  5' 8, 160 Pound. Jet black shaggy hair, tanned skin, body mass is lean but muscle-packed. Usually found wearing T-shirt and sport jacket combination, trousers, leather shoes and fingerless gloves, all of them in black color. 
Eye Color; Black
Hair Color/Style; Jet black, shaggy
Tattoos, scars, or other distinguishing marks; Scars all over his body, the shortest are cross shaped at the back of his hands while the longest is on his back extending from his right shoulder blade to his right abdomen.
Student or teacher?  College Student
Teacher of/Student of?  Law enforcement
Job? Secretly a Gang leader. More known as member of a rising Indie rock band as Drummer and back up guitarist
Job position/title if you have one; Yakuza Leader, Band Leader.
Arcana Choice;  The Devil
Summon Persona Preference;  Tarot Card
Other Means;  (Anything from a personal item of great value to you or a kind of incantation, anything is possible so long as you explain why it works and what it looks like when it does kind of thing.)
Persona Name;  Skull Knight
Persona Appearance;  A massive skeleton knight riding a skeleton horse, both the rider and the horse are wearing jet black armor. The knight is wielding a massive two-handed sword with a skeleton ornament on the guard and hilt.

Powers and abilities; Superhuman strength and agility. Expert control of the horse, able to move with it as if its part of his own body. The sword can regenerate by itself and will always stay in razor sharp condition. His final attack is by summoning black colored hell fire on his blade before slashing toward the enemy, burning them to death that not even the ash will be left.
Persona Lore/History;  The skull knight used to be a human knight commander serving a small kingdom led by a wise female queen. When the kingdom was invaded by the larger neighboring kingdom, he was killed in the ensuing war. Unbeknown to anyone else in the kingdom, he was actually in a mutual love relationship with the queen. Out of desperation to protect his love, he made a pact with the devil to gain a second life and power. The devil granted his wish in exchange of burning his earthly flesh and turning him into the abomination that he is right now. However, he was too late as he found that his queen had sacrificed her life to destroy the opposing kingdom. It is much later that he found out that the war itself was actually engineered by the same devil he made a pact with who actually wanted the queen for himself which lead him to turn against the devil in revenge. Alas, he was no match against the devil and destroyed.
Weapon of Choice;;  A long katana with black blade, guard and hilt.
Skills;  Black belt in Judo, Karate and Taekwondo for hand to hand combat. Trained in swordplay thanks to his adopted father. Although he does not have specific specialty in anything else, he is a quick learner which urns him into a jack-of-all-trade.
Hobbies; Reading, Listening and playing music, fighting
Likes; Rock music, thriller novel, Physical training, Revenge.
Dislikes; Injustice action and abuse
Quirks;  (Optional, but anything that comes to mind if you have one is welcome.)
Ons;  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=30826
Offs;  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=30826
Personality;  At the first glance, Ryuuji may come off as cold and emotionless. In a degree, he is both of them at least outwardly as he is pretty much antisocial toward everyone and has a certain tendency to be overly serious. On the inside though, he is actually incredibly loyal and protective of his friends and family, often went to great length to do so. Unfortunately, very few people can see beyond his outer facade but those in his extremely close knit of friends will find someone who wouldn't hesitate to lay his life for them if necessary. Loyal to a fault, Ryuuji is also extremely sensitive to betrayal. He does not compromise with anyone and will never give anyone a second chance once they betrayed him. Instead, he will turn merciless toward them and will not hesitate to hand out his punishment in swift and deadly action.

Ryuuji also hate injustice and abuse of any form with passion, he could never stand the sight of it no matter what. Partly due to his background of being on the receiving end of it, Ryuuji will go into action every time he saw of such happening. Despite his hate toward injustice action, he is not a heroic type person. If anything, he is an anti hero who acts as he please according his ideal. True to his job as a Yakuza leader, Ryuuji will do anything necessary to reach his goal, even using underhanded method such as cheating or blackmail.

As a leader though, he is known to be charismatic and not afraid to make tough decision which generate a group of loyal follower behind him.

Personal History;  Ryuuji was an orphan since he was approximately 8 years old due to a car accident. As he woke up at the hospital he found that he had absolutely no recollection of his life, neither name or family, only the information he was told by the doctors are the source of his close brush with death. He lived on the street doing anything to survive, from stealing to rummaging through garbage for food. It was during those years when he earn most of his scars, mostly from older and bigger hoodlums who frequent the same alleys as himself.

He was 13 when he was taken in by his adopted father who gave him his name. His adopted father happen to be a local gang leader and therefore highly respected. Unlike the other gangs however, his gang actually known to be a noble group of people who actually tries to maintain control and harmony in the society from the background. Therefore, it is not rare for them to be asked for help by the local police force, especially for cases which the police are officially unable to deal with such as those involving minors or the more recent case of brutal and bizarre murder case.

Under his father's tutelage, Ryuuji gained his morale and code of honor as well as his current skills until he eventually succeed his adopted father as a gang leader at the age of 20 after an unanimous vote by the other members following his father's death by mysterious chronic illness. Through his father's left behind private diaries, he learned that his father was investigating about the existence of the worlds which exist alongside the real world, their effect on the people and most importantly, the guardian spirit known as Personas. Since then, Ryuuji has thrown himself into continuing his father's footstep.

Dungeon Theme/Creatures that inhabit it;  None yet so far

Vergil1989

I'm not so sure that the cops would accept help from gang kids, but beyond some grammar issues I love this dude.  Welcome aboard BlaightLightning.

Katra Alexion

Vergil1989