D&D 3.5: Dungeon of the Demented Dungeon Mistress

Started by Natalie C. Barney, May 05, 2006, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple

I love rogues and clerics, so I would be happy to multiclass under these rules to either one.  Whichever we need more.  :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Zaer Darkwail

Well, we have a human psion who may multiclass as wizard, we have elven ranger lass, one rogue (not sure race) and my half-elf Knight working traditionall warrior tank (or even better some cases). So we seek cleric to work as our medpack and bane of undead :P. Altough if you seek pure healing aspect there is Healer core class in Miniature's Guide. But cleric would not be bad.

Zaer Darkwail

Hey, I had jsut diea. A way to be flexible we could gestalt the 1lvl and rest levels come normally. So my Knight could be Knight/Fighter in 1lvl (taking features from both and taking the best from both sides) and our rogue could be rogue/wizard but late ron is pure rogue or she can turn into as Arcane Trickster etc. Of course if you later level take levels in the gestalted class it starts moving from 2lvl and so on.

Just idea how make four heroes flexible in maze where they may not have access to all resources.

Mindhazingsquid

How are we doing stats anyway?  4d6 drop the lowest?

Zaer Darkwail

It is either 32 point buy OR 4d6 drop lowest and roll seven times and pick best six (you choose which method appeals most ;)).

Muse

7 times?  Ooh!  I missed that!  Maybe I don't need to have a six in strength after all. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

Excuse me the basic dice roll is 4d6 drop the lowest die and place as you wish. IF you get a roll under 8 you can roll again on one roll but MUST take the new result.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, sorry mistress my miss compretion of the rules.

Natalie C. Barney

We have a player who would be willing to run a cleric (or druid) that gives us five victims... errr noble heroes for the meat grinder. So I'm going to get a request in for a game thread it will be in Light Sexual, anything violent and/or nc sex oriented if it comes up will fade to black. Consentual normal healthy sex will be explicit if you wish.

Once approved I will set up the game as fast as I can.

This game is not sex focused but it will come up and I will take that into account.

Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Did we decide on Gestalt or not? 

And does that mean I can reroll my six in strenght? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

No CLASSES but you can multi-class if I have the rules for the classes ones not in the core rules are fine and prestige classes are up in the air- I may or may not allow any. Frankly I don't see you getting training in any once you past the point of no return.

If you want to re-roll strength you can but must keep the second result, with a 6 I can't see how it could hurt you unless you roll a 5 or below.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Thanks, that helped a lot.  Ready to game at your liesure, Lady Nat-chan. 

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is my Knight char rolls for his stats; http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=447066
And I tried re-roll his stats generally (and of course I would choose keep 18 charisma as one original stat ;)); http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=447068

But obviously the first stats were most suitable for my char. But if I can place my worsest score (9 in dex) into my charisma and then place 18 as originall roll to Charisma, then place 11 in Int for Dex and place then remaining 16 to my Int (I forgot that these stats do not need palced by best effort and it is more matter what rolls I got generally). So in end my stat line would be; Str 15, Dex 11, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 18.

So, before I start make the sheet I ask is the last line okay whit DM Mistress or should I use the first stat line (pratically said can I take 5 rolls from my second stat roll and place whatever I like and I keep my 18 from first stat line rolls as the needed original stat number)?

As note I planned my char to be a warrior tank, so both 15 in Str and Con would be excelent, and thanks poor SP as Knight I would need Int 16 to have any decent number of SP to distribute into my skills and cross class skills. Dex 11 is ok because I plan wear a full plate somepoint so higher than +2 Dex would be only uselfull to Iniative and Dex skill wise. Wis in then odd number but I would not miind to have positibe modifier for spot, listen, sense motive etc.

Natalie C. Barney

You must keep the first stat rolls but may place them where you like. Actually Int could be secondary you can put 18 in Str and 15 in Cha. Frankly most warriors survive by their class abilities not skills and your only major skill is Riding (horses) I would think.

Even a knight is basically a tank with some unique special abilities, skills don't seem important and you always get at least one skill point.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, problem is that most Knight's class features depend on charisma, but charisma 15 would be nice and Con would be more important to Knight to survive (and boost non-exitant fort save).

Natalie C. Barney

What do you want me to give you a free 18 just to be nice.  :P

(no you can't I was kidding)

Your going to have to sacrifice somewhere- and a fighter tyope Strength affects how much armor they can wear and damage in close combat a biggy for a Knight. Anyway you can raise Charisma at Level 4 to 16 you know.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I thinked about that (and agree that +1 difference in charisma does not do that much) but I disagree whit the strenght. I plan use a shield and knight's many class features TEMPTS enemies attack him and when he does Knight's challenge, he gets damage and hit bonus already. So as 'meatshield' my main import should go to Constitution becuase I plan make my knight very sturdy. 14 strenght is good enough to move around in heavy armor and shield plus one handed weapon, strenght is easiest stat to boost (in beginning) and some magic items can increase it later on.

I trust that rest of party focus to do more damage while I focus to prevent people go past me onto them :P.

Zaer Darkwail

Here is my charsheet; http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=13342

I asumed that Knight gets discount for getting amsterwork armor and shield, so I asuemd my char haves those two but I am not sure could my char have also masterwork melee weapon. I allow samurai's examply start whit masterwork katana and wakisashi for free because I asume the items have been passed as family relics or that samurai's feel shamed use any weapon less than masterwork. I would asume that knights would have got support from lords and such to get cheaper a masterwork gear.

Natalie C. Barney

Assume nothing a knight gets at the maximum gold 240 gp so that is what you have to spend for all starting equipment. Same for everyone you get the maximum starting gold since I'm generous.

I'm allowing traits/flaws after thinking about it. Its a give and take so is ok.

Also any item not in the core item list save PSIONIC items are off limits so since I don't know what a mercurial sword thingy is you can't have it. Try a Bastard sword or more likely a long sword. (get a list to that item from a fairly official source you can have it if you can afford it and post a link I will reconsider)

Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Mercurial Longsword is from Sword&Fist 3.0 edittion book, I do not know any net source provide info from it but the book does really exchist and so does the Mercurial Longsword.

Anycase it's stats are what I have listed;

Damage: 1d10
Critical: 20/x4
Weight: I recall it was 4lb but I can re-check
Price: I do not recall exact one but if Mercurial Greatsword costs around 600gp (non-masterwork) then it would be around half of that value (300gp).
Type: Slashing and it is exotic one handed weapon and non-profient user suffers -6 to use it isntead -4 because it is more odd balanced sword and also heavy to use one handd than bastard sword.

Description: Inside the blade of Mercurial Longsword is placed quicksilver which goes to weapon's tip when the weapon is swinged. So the sword most damage comes from that and blade is hollow and re-counter followness the blade is made wider and bigger to avoid reduction of toughness.

Anycase I am okay that if I do not start whit masterwork gear, but you said, as I recall, that we can start whit +1 weapon, armor, minor magic item etc if we go trough academy right? If so, I would replace that bonus whit that all my gear is masterwork (or do I confuse this rule from other game). Anycase I would ask get the Mercurial Longsword as background item, I cannot obviously buy and start whit it but I cna buy my armors and have about 20gp left (adn thsi means also byebey for my bow).

Natalie C. Barney

If you go through the Academy yes but that is for training in Cleric, Fighter, Rogue or Wizard after you start. And its randomly rolled but for a Fighter you can get a +1 Weapon your trained in automatically if you have a feat using it gained at the Academy (like Weapon Focus in it) but must take a level of Fighter. Or you can save up and but the sword in the Town of Maze befor going through the Black Door. Simply put I'll allow it but you have 240 gp so can't afford one yet. Trust me they have merchants in all sorts of odd weapons and such- even Masterwork odd weapons. So I suggest train in that weapon, take a longsword for now and it will give you something to work towards before going into hell- I mean the dungeons.

You will get one special item after entering the Black Door from a wealthy sponsor that wagered on you so if you LIKE that sword and use it the odds are good your going to get a magical one. [Depends how impressive you are.  ;)]

Gold won't be hard to come by and you should have enough after a level or so in the upper dungeon.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, understood. But I want have the sword NOW but if it is a nono deal, then I take the regular bastard sword. But problem even THAT is that it costs +15 more gp than what I have after buying non-masterwork breastplate and heavy steel shield (whit no dex mod I have to invest on armor). So can I as knight get small disocunt on that please :P? Perhaps a debt to local smith to be payed off would be okay?

Natalie C. Barney

How about a chain shirt or studded leather? Your first level you should be happy with what you can afford right now- aren't knights supposed to be humble? LOL  ;D

And don't forget food, a backpack, light sources, water skin, flint & steel, whetstone, rope and all the normal stuff your going to need.

I suggest for starting armor if money is tight Studded Leather and a Large Metal Shield [total +5 AC]. A Chain Shirt would add an additional +1 AC. (but cost more)

Sorry if I give you extra stuff then I have to do that to all the other players and that is not going to happen.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Duh, I asumed that we all start whit 'adventurers' package which includes mostly everythign needed for adventure (and it includes torches, 50 hempen rope, waterskin, rations for two days, backpack, bedroll and blanket). Reason being that no one counts these gears normally ever in my games. Ok, I start whit chain shirt then, it gives me 100 gp and after 15 reduction I have 85 for rest gear. I wanted breastplate because I wanted some metal plates cover my body, not some chain shirt :P.

Natalie C. Barney

I've decide to give each player ONE magic item it will initially be minimal like a +1 weapon and after you enter the Black Portal it will get another two  powers revealed. Whatever it is at that point is up the the GM.

The item must be valued at under 3000gp initially and I must ok the initial choice.

And in my game mundane items do count if your in the bowls of the dungeons and such you can't count of replacement gear at least cheaply. The halfling merchant charged double book rates for everything so a days hard rations cost 2sp, a light healing potion 300gp and the like. Other trades can occur but can be spartan at best to get them.
Natalie Clifford Barney