Your Avatar and what it says about you.

Started by Sherona, June 02, 2008, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentNotBroken

Well...I picked my avatar, b/c most of the characters I play, I like to think of them resembling what she looks like. Hair and body wise. Plus, I LOVE Jessica Alba. She's so hot! :) Plus, I'm a natural blonde as well. My hair isn't as light as hers in that picture anymore, but it used to be that exact color when I was younger.

But, I still haven't found a picture yet that I really love, to use as an avatar. I need someone to give me some ideas of where to find one. Females of course. Anime and human, both. Modern.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions or know how to create them yourself and want to make me one out of the goodness of your heart, (hehehe) Let me know! :)

Nathan

I haven't chosen one yet because I haven't really found one recently that 'speaks' to me; usually I chose things that either really turn me on (hard to keep rated PG, tho) or make me laugh (probably what I would choose for this site).

Nephili

Hmm, my avi... for one thing, I've had it since long before I joined Elliquiy, it's been my default Avi on any forum I go to for a good while now. Honestly, I just spend a few evenings googling around and browsing through galleries until I found something that seemed to "click" for me. As soon as I saw this one, I just new I wanted it... analyzing it now, the innocence of the pose is probably part of what drew me to it, as I tend to play somewhat naive/innocent characters... (It seems to go hand in hand with my preference for NC-type RP when in an adult setting, but thats a whole 'nother thing that I'm not going to go into here :P).  I like the relaxed/casual pose and outfit as well... and the headphones are the final piece of the puzzle, as I am absolutely obsessive about music. I get really emotional listening to music, probably a bit to much... the expression on my avatars face is pretty much a perfect match for me listening to something peaceful/relaxing... something like, just off the top of my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWncdiAt5M4 , or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EIVzGruSeM .

Edit: Sorry for the wall of text, didn't mean to ramble quite so much... I've probably said it before, but brevity isn't my strong suit :/

LaBelleDame

It's me.
Really.
Done up like a doll and trying to steal a kiss for the camera.
Though he was resisting like you wouldn't believe.
I still think the picture turned out nicely, and it was the first thing I could think to use.
I'll probably replace it later, if the mood hits me, but for now, I think it works just fine.
I really should get me one of these.

Ellyssa

Interesting read-through, this thread. Unlike a majority of the folks here, I nearly always have a different avatar for every site I am on.. which is a bit of a problem when you're hopeless at art, but anyway. While looking for an image when waiting for approval to Elliquiy, I was hunting both on Photobucket and DeviantArt and my local zip drive picture collection and found this one, which I've stuck to ever since.

I liked it at the time (and still do), it shows the girl in light bondage, forced to a submissive kneeling position, and yet resentful at her captor, smouldering eyes and all.. definitely a fighter. It appealed to me (she was going to be angry at me if I didn't take her, and all that,) representing in some way my ideal character, so I took that.

Then someone commented in my welcome thread that I must be a Silent Hill fan because she was from the series.. I'd admit now that though I said yes, I didn't actually know she was from there as I have yet to play any of the games/watch the movies, only having researched the game series in a general sense (ie, wikipedia) that time. Rolled with it though, since no one seemed to object to it.

Philosophically, I thought it represented an inside/outside thing, the bonds of society holding one (ie, me, but could be anyone of course) back and forcing me to portray an image or do things that I don't really want to, with no recourse to do anything or even to protest and be heard. Story of my life, hey? Didn't analyze it deeply at the time of selection, but it works. :)

Interestingly enough, during one of my idle breaks someone PMed me about the image asking me where it was from, and when I saw PM notification I logged in to reply and said I didn't remember where. She replied saying she had found the link of the original image. Wasn't hers I think, but just something she had seen before. Weirdly though my version was sans watermark, wonder where it came from.

Quote from: (Hidden)
Hmmm, I think I might have the URL, I think I kno who drew that XD lol.

Here's the link if you are curious:

Image. Ashley - RE4
LoZ's site.

=3
Enjoy

Gathering Wilderness

I sure as hell don't know. I've never used a picture of me or a picture of anything resembling anybody or anything. Just guess what my avatar means if you must tie a meaning down to it, heh.

Strong Angel

The name came first - I've used it here and there but it's certainly not my everyday name, if you know what I mean... The avatar?  Chosen for E - about a day and a half of searching...  I had the "ideal" image in my head - this one just hit the spot.

When I RP, I always see my chars with a face strongly resembling my own - the face down doesn't conflict with that.

It looks like an action shot, too... did he just land on that cloud?  I can hear the thud...  Is he getting orders, and about to go on a mission, so his wings are spreading, ready to take off?

Whether the name fits me?  It's a pretty lengthy story (all mine are, tho), but I can reason it out and I think it does... I'm sure I'll get the long version out on the forums someday.
"You often find your destiny on the path you take to avoid it"
     - Chinese Proverb

Intro ~ O & O ~ Wiki

if (! meat.eaten() ) { you.canHave[pudding] = false); }

Ket

Mine is pretty simple and straight forward. 
I love cyberlox, goggles, pretty fabric headbands and of course the color pink.
Throw that all together into one avatar - and BAM- there it is.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Idej

Well for me, I have no Avatar.  I could say that I am a bland person, and that I am a blank at things, but that is not me.  I just haven't found a good avatar yet.  No worries, I will in good time.:)

Kazae

First, I'm an anime fan.  Haters can direct their disdain and complaints to /dev/null.

Secondly, That's not a far off approximation of how I looked a good number of years back.

Thirdly, however, was a more insightful, aggravating bit of sociopolitical commentary, due to the fact that firstly you don't see many black people in anime who don't look like some sort of Little Black Sambo re-tread.  This likely has more to do with the lack of black people in Japan in general than with actual active racism, though there's likely some of that too - after all it's human nature to have some level of 'us versus them' mentality.  This combined with a particular bit of annoyance with the filter on Fark.com, due to the fact that people were bitching about the filters that were in place in regards to profanity and race-baiting, with people bemoaning that only those of a suitably dark melatonin content got a special filter, while one could slander Italians, Irish, Hispanics, Asians, Amerinds, Pacific Islanders, etc., etc., ad nauseum.  What made this particular bit worse was the fact that people began to use the filter deliberately to in turn belittle the ethnicity in question, as irony of course demanded.  At the time where I was looking for a suitable avatar, I had seen bits and pieces of Tenjho Tenge, and was enjoying it, but I figured, let's find a different avatar to play with, for now.  I did a Google Image Search for Intelligent Black Male.  Nowadays, you'll get a picture of Barack Obama as the second hit, which pleases me - before, you'd get what looked like wall-to-wall BET Thug Wannabes.  I HATE that stereotype with such an unholy passion that I tend to lose track of everything else if someone gets me started in rant mode about it.  The fact that the filter for the N-bomb on Fark is "Attractive and Successful African-American" made that particular source of rage and frothing that much worse.  I went with Bob Makihara from Tenjho Tenge ,even though he his half-Japanese, because even though he's a somewhat violent youth, he is actually what many would consider to be both attractive, and surprisingly intelligent, for being the second half of what was a delinquent pair at the beginning of the story.

Then again, in the comic, the man gets him some serious nookie, but that's a different matter entirely.

My other choice, that I had been considering and may at some point swap to:

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...

Lithos

Mine was a seal that my longest time and most dear pen and paper RP character used. It is simple, it is monochrome, but I still think it portrays that character a bit, and perhaps myself as well. The meaning it has for me has changed a bit, but the original one and original reason why i chose the picture was mix of confidence, power and danger that it seemed to have.

I do not remember where I got the source anymore, but I did not draw it myself.

I often like simple things so my avatar is simple as well ^^

- Lithos
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Greenthorn

Well now that I have changed my avatar...my current one has green eyes..which I do and am very proud of them *laughs*.  The spider in it...well most of you know why that is there *winks*

Lithos

The spider is really nice touch, and very thoughtful of you ::smiles:: Lucky creatures indeed
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

MagicalPen

Mine is a combination of two things...a Pen and a really cool Scythe made out of bones. With a little help, the two merged, and now my MagicalPen looks pretty sweet! And yes, it writes in Blood...dead baby blood...well, yeah...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Wistful Dream

This was such an interesting read! ^^

I played around a lot with mine at first, I didn't like anything I had for other sites. I found one I liked for awhile, but it was black and white, and while I love the feel of those photographs I didn't think it fit me right. Then I started looking through my artwork and for awhile it stayed the same. Then I was in a group chat with Caeli, Stori and Cherri and we started talking about the Disney Princesses, I decided to do a piece for each of us, with the respective princess we identified with. Mine was Belle, my favorite nickname is close in that sound and a friend of mine actually calls me Belle as a joke, since I played her my freshman year in the school play, it was a great moment, being the first freshman to land a leading role.

I had it zoomed out for awhile before deciding to zoom in, not that the piece, which is in my art thread is done yet, but by going closer you got more of the tilt of her head, it is wistful, I think. I love to read, just like she did, and I've always wanted something more from my life, like Belle did. I know all the Princesses were dreamers, but Belle wasn't a princess to start with, she was a normal girl who did something incredible. She changed the world around her after being put in an impossible circumstance and I think, hope I'm on my way to doing the same. There is also the pink rose in the movie, instead of being red, and when I was little my mother would call me her "pink rose". Sorry if I rambled. >.>

Greenthorn

Quote from: Lithos on June 24, 2008, 01:18:33 PM
The spider is really nice touch, and very thoughtful of you ::smiles:: Lucky creatures indeed

Well he put it there, not I *smiles*

Idej

My avatar that I chose is that of Zechs Merquise/Milliardo Peacecraft from Gundam Wing.  I really do not know why I choose the avatar other than the fact that I like anime and I like Gundam Wing a lot.

Sethite

There's main heroine of "Vampire Miyu" on my avatar. I always liked her, it's my favourite manga/anime title so I'm trying to put pictures of her into my avatars.
Truly, madly, deeply...

Beatrice Black

Morgana, gothic model and artist, modelling a corset and ballgown skirt. When I grow up I want to be just like her...
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

Haibane

Hm.. Beatrice... corsets, severe waist control... long gowns. Heavenly! *drools*

Mine sums up something about the sort of person I am, I love the combination there of young woman and older dominant man, their expressions are beautiful. Its a crop from a larger Hentai image I got from somewhere - I suspect its from one of those Japanese games.

His other hand is in her...behind... and her other hand is busy between her legs, I can feel she's just seconds away from something wonderful.

I just love the whole atmosphere it creates.

@ Meggy: DO NOT change that avatar, it's gorgeous! I love it! It does things to me when I'm in a game with you - your last one was the same.

@ RubySlippers: Hahaha, so good. I could sit and watch that all day *blushes*

loki

well mine seems to fit me perfectly. it's cute, mischievous, playful and can be a feisty little thing if it chooses to be .. so it fits quite nicely to who I really am.
O&O

Beatrice Black

Quote from: Haibane on July 23, 2008, 06:33:48 AM
Hm.. Beatrice... corsets, severe waist control... long gowns. Heavenly! *drools*

Thank you, ma'am. *curtseys deeply*
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

Kittii

Quote from: Haibane on July 23, 2008, 06:33:48 AM

Mine sums up something about the sort of person I am, I love the combination there of young woman and older dominant man, their expressions are beautiful. Its a crop from a larger Hentai image I got from somewhere - I suspect its from one of those Japanese games.

His other hand is in her...behind... and her other hand is busy between her legs, I can feel she's just seconds away from something wonderful.

I just love the whole atmosphere it creates.

/swoons I just get so excited seeing your avatar~

That image elicits just the scene and atmosphere I love. I'll try not to stare too much.

/kicks her Unapproved Title longingly...

Broken Knight

-Laughs- Oh, please, tell me what my avatar says about me! -Grin-

Lady Annabelle

I'm actually quite proud of my avatar.  I've been on message boards before where I would change avatars constantly.  I'd use rather famous people and just simple cycle through them.

This time, I wanted an avatar that really described and showed me as a person.  I think it fits me perfectly and exactly what I am looking for.  Class, Grace, Elegance, Romantic Wardrobe, Sensual, Underlining Desire, Untapped Passion.  All the qualities that I find on her.  Even though I am more of a brunette, I love the red in her hair and on her gown.  Adds to the passion part.

I'm really happy with it and I think I am going to keep her for a long time.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus