Recruiting for 'The Gilded Lady' Pathfinder-Skulls & Shackles

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, June 09, 2016, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

Our's is a Grenadier, so he is definitely focused on being a bomber I would assume! I don't mind some redundancy.... But my inquisitor has no crafting. Instead he has at least a +12 to intimidate and knows how to be a sailor!

ChaoticSky

Not sure if i missed the memo, but quick question; What are we doing for traits? 1+1 or 2+1? Are drawbacks a thing?

Angie

I just realized-I'm not seeing any stats for a Caravel in the player's guide, so what stats are we using and what upgrades do people want Angelo to shove into this thing?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Angie

I now have my Gear, some scrolls to add to my spellbook, a wand of Magic Missile, and next on the list is a hat of disguise, which will run him 900 gp to make. And yes, I do have a scroll of Unnatural Lust, because...he's horny.

ChaoticSky

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm planning to put together something roguelike (Because really! Pirates o.o), still not sure if I'm going for a Unc Rogue or something else. But i do have the weirdest idea for a Vigilante... Swaps between a innocent, helpless cabin girl and a ruthless pirate assassin. 

Chulanowa

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 11, 2016, 09:35:40 PM
Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm planning to put together something roguelike (Because really! Pirates o.o), still not sure if I'm going for a Unc Rogue or something else. But i do have the weirdest idea for a Vigilante... Swaps between a innocent, helpless cabin girl and a ruthless pirate assassin.

I'm looking at a rogue-type myself (leaning Bard or Investigator, kinda) - I want to have a halfling/gnome with a coded treasure map / ship's log.  ;D

Revelation

I made the inquisitor with a lil bit of skilly stuff in mind, but we could use a rogue for the actual rogue-y things. Or well, someone who can do the rogue-y things.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 11, 2016, 11:26:54 PM
I'm looking at a rogue-type myself (leaning Bard or Investigator, kinda) - I want to have a halfling/gnome with a coded treasure map / ship's log.  ;D
Investigator Gnomes are amazing, hilarious and very IC for gnomes.

Its a combo ive enjoyed in the past. I almost did it here, but i decided to go a different way.

Angie

Angelo realizes he could very likely use a combination of Ghost Sound and Silent Image to make custom figureheads. This may lead to being able to take commissions for really awesome ship figureheads, thus leading to tons of money that we can use to upgrade our ships...and maybe even take over the ships I worked on because pirates are dicks.

I am going to abuse the shit out of Craft Wondrous Item, okay?

Muse

Alyxia Vors

If Alyxia's race and class are permisable, I'll build her a background.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 11, 2016, 06:00:14 PM
Not sure if i missed the memo, but quick question; What are we doing for traits? 1+1 or 2+1? Are drawbacks a thing?

Traits  2 free ,  can take a additional 3rd trait but with a drawback.    So either have 2 traits or  3 plus 1 drawback.   

I am currently going over the latest character submissions. 

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 12, 2016, 09:52:47 AM
Traits  2 free ,  can take a additional 3rd trait but with a drawback.    So either have 2 traits or  3 plus 1 drawback.   

I am currently going over the latest character submissions.
Neat. Another question occurred to me; Are we using Background Skills? That system works really nice for games where we need skills to function (ala run a ship)

Muse

That would be nice. 

If we do I'll add a craft and a perform.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 12, 2016, 10:06:43 AM
Neat. Another question occurred to me; Are we using Background Skills? That system works really nice for games where we need skills to function (ala run a ship)

Yeah, it would be pretty cool if we could get background skills...

I picked up profession (sailor) and craft (boatswain), but I'm skeptical that they will get any use.  I don't even know what a boatswain is!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ArinTalis

As a side note: Are we following the Pathfinder standard EQ rule where no more than 25% of your wealth can be spent on any one item? I've finished putting together my basic equipment, and I'd like to finalize something a little more concrete.

Angie

If we were, I would not have my amulet, as making the thing cost me 1/3 of my budget.

ArinTalis

Well, I thought I'd ask for an official ruling, as I like having a definitive response before I give myself a +1 Katana. ;)

Elven Sex Goddess

Updated   

The Gilded Lady approved roster

Character             Class                         Gender                     Player

Gabriel Hunter      Inquistor                   Male                         Changingsaint

Umika                 Swashbuckler             Female                     ArinTalis

Angelo                Wizard/Air mage        Male                         Angiejuusan   

Lathus               Alchemist-Grenadier    Male                         Foxfyr

Niccolo Swift      Ranger                       Male                         PhantomPistoleer

Alyxia Vors        Wilder                        Female                     Muse

Alright got enough for the campaign.    Still three more slots open.    An still those that have expressed interest.   So looking at starting this weekend coming up.   

Quote from: ArinTalis on June 12, 2016, 08:39:31 PM
As a side note: Are we following the Pathfinder standard EQ rule where no more than 25% of your wealth can be spent on any one item? I've finished putting together my basic equipment, and I'd like to finalize something a little more concrete.

No I am lenient on such and is not enforcing such.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 12, 2016, 10:06:43 AM
Yes we are.   

Wednesday I have the ship stats done up and posted for the game.     An one thing the crew might take stock their is only one ballista.   

ArinTalis

Added Profession (Sailor) and Perform (Dance) from background skills to sheet. ;) Can't wait!

Angie

Added background skills, using the system to put full points in Craft Ships and Artistry sculpture (because money making, yeah!). I also purchased a portable Alchemy Lab, which I figured I can leave in wherever our quarters are with a big fucking warning label that says "DON'T FUCKING TOUCH OR IT'LL EXPLODE". I have enough gp left over I can purchase a Catapult for the ship, only a light one, though.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 12, 2016, 01:31:42 PM
Yeah, it would be pretty cool if we could get background skills...

I picked up profession (sailor) and craft (boatswain), but I'm skeptical that they will get any use.  I don't even know what a boatswain is!

Excerpt from wiki on a Boatswain
Outside the supervisory role, the boatswain regularly inspects the vessel and performs a variety of routine, skilled, and semi-skilled duties to maintain all areas of the ship not maintained by the engineering department. These duties can include cleaning, painting, and maintaining the vessel's hull, superstructure and deck equipment as well as executing a formal preventive maintenance program. A boatswain's skills may include cargo rigging, winch operations, deck maintenance, working aloft, and other duties required during deck operations. The boatswain is well versed in the care and handling of lines, and has knowledge of knots, hitches, bends, whipping, and splices as needed to perform tasks such as mooring a vessel. The boatswain typically operates the ship's windlasses when letting go and heaving up anchors. Moreover, a boatswain may be called upon to lead firefighting efforts or other emergency procedures encountered on board. Effective boatswains are able to integrate their seafarer skills into supervising and communicating with members of deck crew with often diverse backgrounds

Red beard hands  Niccolo a bucket and scrubbing brush.  "A clean deck is a ready pirate. Git to it my boatswain."   J/K

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 13, 2016, 09:00:55 PM
Excerpt from wiki on a Boatswain
Red beard hands  Niccolo a bucket and scrubbing brush.  "A clean deck is a ready pirate. Git to it my boatswain."   J/K

I thought that a Boatswain was a carpenter?  But it turns out that he isn't.

I will go ahead and change it to "boat carpenter."  How many background skills do characters get?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

Two 'ranks' per level, to be put only in background skills.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 13, 2016, 09:38:10 PM
I thought that a Boatswain was a carpenter?  But it turns out that he isn't.

I will go ahead and change it to "boat carpenter."  How many background skills do characters get?

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 13, 2016, 09:40:33 PM
Two 'ranks' per level, to be put only in background skills.

correct  and thank you Angiejuusan for answering quickly. 

Angie

Carpenter would probably actually be "Craft: Ships", so, with permission, I would like to change my Craft Ships to Craft Siege Engines.