Ghost in the Shell: Tainted Core (Homebrew d20 modern)

Started by Lyell, April 22, 2011, 03:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyell

Freshly recruited into Section 9, you've been made privy to knowledge concerning an outbreak of cyborg 'stomach aches' originating from the specially made food that is manufactured for them. "Considering the ratio of cyberized to normal humans, it's a public safety concern on a global scale." An elderly looking man relays to you as he gestures to a global hologram highlighting incidents across the globe. Daisuke Aramaki, possessing a cyber brain but otherwise human, speaks directly to your mind as he intends to be heard by everyone in the room, recruits and senior members alike. "The Empire of America's manufacturers have been identified as the source of the tainted food, though the cause is as of yet unknown. It is also unknown how damaging these nanomachine viruses can progress. Non-cyberized humans seem unaffected, but they're unlikely to eat cyborg food in the first place. Japan is being encouraged to investigate, as the Empire has been seeking a financial ally in Japan. It is believed our scrutiny would surpass a less economically interested country and I agreed Section 9 would take the case. Until further notice, only approved rations. Any questions?"

Batou, a tall and sturdy looking cyborg, folded his arms as he leaned back in his chair. "Food sabotage? Shouldn't the Ministry of Health and Welfare be looking into this? This is Section 2's jurisdiction."

"Normally, I would agree. However, the targeting of cyborgs worldwide suggests an anti-cyborg terrorist group. Section 2's jurisdiction stops outside manufacturing maintenance and practices as far as this issue is concerned. As it stands, all avenues they've explored show no signs of tampering or malfunction. It's spreading too fast, so they've requested our assistance."

"Mmm." Batou turned to the display with a relenting grumble.

Seeking: Limit 6 players, would prefer 4 at least.

Length: undetermined. Assuming my imagination can hold up, may be episode esque and switch to another story arc when the first is completed.

Character Level: Approx. 12 (see here)

Sexual Content: Up to the players.

Feedback? Suggestions? Questions?
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

1SAZ

I have to say, I'm interested. I'm not a huge fan of d20 modern, but GitS is amazing.

Lyell

I'm partial to the d20 system because it's the one I know best and modern fits with the setting somewhat. The modified rules I linked fills in the missing decades of technological advancement.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.