Safe Houses and Speakeasies - Complete -- Law & Order triumphs!

Started by Valerian, June 16, 2009, 11:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazyth

"Stattick is one of em.  None of yahs listened to me about Marg, and we killed an innocent dame.  Two more've been taken for rides by the bootleggers, and yahs just keep yappin' about.  I feels it in my water, see?  If yahs all wants tah die, fine... but I'm goin' out fightin', and pointing out the one I know."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Trieste

*giggles and murmurs under her breath* I'm not sure you've had any water since about 1920, m'dear.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Stattick (2) - Kaz, LadySky
LadySky (1) - Trieste
Trieste (1) - Caeli
Aiden (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Stattick

There are 2 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

She took a sip of wine. "Well, he was right about Marg..."

Nodding at Trieste, Caeli indicated the news sheet. "Still sure I'm paranoid? Why don't you jump on the bandwagon, too?"
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Aiden

His nose twitched as he caught the heavy scent of gin and perfume, quickly taking his cigarette back to his mouth to take a long drag. The tobacco masking the overwhelming scent of the dame clutched tightly to him.
"You country girls are handfuls...come to the city and let your hair loose. I ain't no knight in shining armor doll."
He smiled and sat her next to him, making sure she had nothing else to drink for the night.

LadySky

LadySky pouted her pretty red lips in Aiden's direction as he set her aside. He was playing hard to get but she did not mind, more fun chasing than having them she figured.

She sat idly beside him running her nails along his thigh inching her way up.

"Seems Caeli wants to get everybody to vote but she ain't willin to vote herself." she murmmered as she smiled wickedly at Aiden.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Caeli

"Well, I'm thinkin' that if Kaz's gut is so hard-boiled that we can't convince him to switch his vote, then there must be something he's thinking right. But at the same time... if he thinks it was Stattick who's been takin' all the ladies here for a ride, then I think Trieste must be in the cahoots with him."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trieste

I think you're bitter because I fingered you yesterday and won't cave to your questions today. *arches a brow*

LadySky

*arches eyebrow*  fingered?  Me thinks non-PG13 things be goin on here!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Caeli

Caeli shrugged. "I think you and Stattick are both out to get us all, and if you vote for him, he's dead for certain, and you'd be left stranded."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trieste

Yep, like I said... you're pissed that I pointed the finger at you yesterday, so you decided to see if you could talk me into a vote. When you couldn't talk me into a vote, you decided to point the finger at me. I bet you cheat at cards, too, maybe flash a little leg while you get a look at some john's hand.

LadySky

LadySky peers across Aiden's lap at the dames and giggles.

"Catfight! I put a nickel on Caeli! She looks scrappy!" LadySky hollars drunkenly before she falls face first into Aiden lap.

Caeli

"Aw, shoot. You've found me out. I guess I'll have to find another way to cheat at cards."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Aiden

Aiden rolls his eyes at Ladysky's convenient drop into his lap, smiling he shot a glare over at Trieste!
"What the hell, I don't mind if I got tricked out of a few coins if I get a look at those gams, quit ruining a good thing!"

Kazyth

A soft, disgusted sigh escapes Kaz as he watches the gums beat and the beef fly.  It was all a bunch of bunk, and he knew it well.  The Bootleggers were here, with them, in this room.  No doubt some the stuff was all just a line, gas filling up the speakeasy to the bursting point.  Aiden probably wasn't one of the goons, but he wouldn't put it past a certain girl to be a vamp, tryin' to keep folks riled up.  To bad they all had such nice gams.  Not a woman here lacked it, really, and that made it that much worse to know at least one more was gonna get a last kiss from someone's rod.

Muttering, he downs another shot of the juice, wincing slightly before turning his back on the gin mill.  He's said his piece. 

Aiden

With his body held in place by Ladysky's head, he jots the next person he suspects is a drug dealer and passes it forward.

Stattick

Stattick

Stattick came staggering in late to the party with a hangover, and red bloodshot eyes. Without looking at anyone, he saddled up to the bar, and ordered some of that good canadian whiskey they'd just gotten in. He paid a small fortune, and took the whole bottle. He could feel the mood in the joint... you'd hear a pin drop in here. He lit up an expensive stogie and took a few puffs of the thing.

Then with some weariness, turned at last to face them. "So, I heard the news about Soku... I'd guess we still have a bootlegger around. Seein as how no one wants to meet my eye, I'll guess as to how the vote went tonight."

Stattick took a long swig off of the bottle, and turned to ask the barkeep what the vote was. He thought about it for a moment... it wasn't likely that anyone was going to change their vote, but if they did, he had to make sure that his might make the difference between getting burned or not.

"I think LadySky's the bootlegger... how else could she afford to bath in the stuff, eh?" Stattick took another deep swig of the hooch, and a couple more furious puffs of his stogie, before turning his back to the crowd once more at the bar. He was pretty sure of what was coming next, and didn't want to see it coming.
O/O   A/A

Valerian

Final Voting:

Stattick (3) - Aiden, Kaz, LadySky
LadySky (2) - Trieste, Stattick
Trieste (1) - Caeli
Aiden (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)

Stattick seemed to realize which way the wind was blowing, and braced himself with one last, stiff drink -- one last taste of the hair of the dog -- and a few last puffs of his very pricey cigar.  The condemned man's final requests.  His desperate vote for LadySky did him no good, and before the evening was over, he'd been taken for his last ride.

This time, the proof was in the lettuce he was carrying -- the numbers on some of those big bills matched up with bills the police were looking for.  Stattick was a Bootlegger!  And the neighborhood was that much safer.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Maeven - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Marguerite - (T) victim of vigilante justice
  • Saffron - (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Saku - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Stattick (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Trieste

There are 1 Bootlegger, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

"I tol' yahs all, didn't I?  I sez he was a bootlegger, and he was one, see?"  Kaz grins triumphantly, sure that he's signed his own deathwarrent... but knowing that in so doing he's made the place a little safer.  "This ole gut o' mine don't never lie to me, see?"  He slaps his stomach once, then lumbers to his feet and tips his hat to the ladies.  "Maybe I'll see yahs all tomorrow.  If not, well, think well 'a me, and toast once in a while."  With that, he's gone into the night, to find sleep... or a bullet in the head.

Caeli

"And another of them bootleggers bites the dust!" Caeli downed the last of her wine and handed the glass to the barkeep, then grabbed up her coat. She glanced at Trieste, wondering if she was feeling any danger yet.

"I'm on my way home. See y'all tomorrow, hopefully."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

Once more, the slightly diminished group split up as the evening drew to a close.  Relief mixed with the tension -- no one quite knew what to expect of this night.  Rumour had it that there must be one more bootlegger, but who?  That lone outlaw must be feeling the pressure and desparation now.

The next morning, everyone was startled to realize that no one had died during the night!  Other rumours, about one lone good cop trying to protect the area, must also be true, it seemed.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Maeven - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Marguerite - (T) victim of vigilante justice
  • Saffron - (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Saku - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Stattick (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Trieste

There are 1 Bootlegger, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

LadySky

LadySky awoke with a start looking around the strange room. She was not in her own little apartment that was for sure but where was she and how did she get here? Peeking under the covers she was surprised to see that she was fully clothed and her brow furrowed as she attempted to remember the night before. Everything was fuzzy and her head was pounding so hard she simply moaned and fell back onto the pillow trying to hide from the new days sun.

"Hello?" she called out from under the covers.

Caeli

"Thank god, indeed."

Glancing at the prone figure, Caeli nudged LadySky. "We're in the back room of the speakeasy. You threw up all over Aiden as he was leaving, then fainted dead away right on the floor. We decided it'd be easier to let you sleep away your hangover here, rather than trying to drag you home."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

Upon being nudged LadySky shot up in the little bed and eyed Caeli trying to figure out who she was. Her eyes flew wide as she finally realized what Caeli was saying and then groaned quite loudly.

"That will be the 3rd time this month I barfed on him! He is never gonna take me out if I keep doin that!" she whined annoyingly.

Slowly she rose and made her way to the facilities and came out looking just as bad if not worse than before. With a cheeky grin she winked at the barkeep and slid into her spot, "Hit me baby!"

"So are we gonna still get to take someone for a ride today?" she asked casually.