News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Wiki Upload Issues

Started by Drake Valentine, September 29, 2014, 02:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Hmm, for some reason the wiki upload isn't properly updating my map's features after I reupload it. It looks the same.

Example:

https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/archive/3/35/20140929192117!Gandona.JPG Original Version
https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/3/35/Gandona.JPG Updated version

They look the same. I was wondering if it is upload issue, so decided to test it on PB

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Morkael/Gandona_zps9b8e6bae.jpg PB version.

As you can see in PB version, the water around the lake has been updated to look more deep and there has been a glow effect given to the water of the rivers/lake. For some reason it will not apply this when I updated it through Wiki since Wiki allows larger scale maps vs PB capping map sizes.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vekseid

Images are set to hard cache for a week on E. Just shift+reload, or wait a week.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Vekseid on September 29, 2014, 02:39:23 PM
Images are set to hard cache for a week on E. Just shift+reload, or wait a week.

Oh, it actually works. xD Is there any way for me to remove the additional uploads cluttering the place since I went into panic?

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Oreo

I believe if you mark them 'delete' the wiki staff will remove them when they sweep.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Remiel

Yep.  What probably happened is that your browser cached the old image reference, so even though the new one was up on the wiki, you were still seeing the old one.  Shift + reload, or F5, should allow you to see the updated image. 

And as Oreo said, just go into the Edit tab and add in
[[Category:Delete]]
on all the images (or pages) you want to get rid of.   One of us will empty the trash bucket the next time we do a sweep.

Drake Valentine

Alright, will do after I get home from work.

Thanks. ^^

Edit: Durrr... I don't see an edit option on the Wiki page for images submitted. >.<

Edit II:: Never-mind found it, but... Doesn't that do the entire file link? How do I pick certain parts of the updated parts of the file, mainly the two most recent ones? I don't want to mess up and have every thing deleted. >.>

Oreo

Do the pictures show up individually if you click on Contributions in the upper right of the main Wiki page?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Drake Valentine

Mmmkay, I am assuming I did it right. xD

Oreo

^_^ I hope so. It is the only way I know how to find my pictures, so hoped they might be able to be edited from there.

Remiel

Quote from: Drake Valentine on October 04, 2014, 12:07:32 AM
Edit II:: Never-mind found it, but... Doesn't that do the entire file link? How do I pick certain parts of the updated parts of the file, mainly the two most recent ones? I don't want to mess up and have every thing deleted. >.>

Er...  ???  yeah, that will mark the entire page (or image) for deletion.  If you just want to edit the page, feel free to do so. 

Drake Valentine

Translation: There is no way removing other versions of file cluttering page?

Remiel

Good question.  That's probably one for Vekseid, or someone who knows more about wikicode than I do.

I really wouldn't worry about it, though.   As far as I know, server space isn't an issue.

Vekseid

Quote from: Drake Valentine on October 05, 2014, 04:09:14 PM
Translation: There is no way removing other versions of file cluttering page?

A wiki admin should be able to purge them individually. Just usually not worth bothering.