Interest Check: Munchkin Card Game.

Started by Ajoxer, September 18, 2007, 09:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajoxer

Yes, we all knew it would come to this.

I'm purchasing Munchkin, Munchkin Bites, Munchkin Fu, and Munchkin Blender. I'm thinking that it might be cool to use these, as well as the Epic Munchkin rules, to do a multiplayer game of Munchkin- dealing out cards via the Private Messages, with combat and such taking a distinctly dirty turn should you lose- Or who knows, maybe if you WIN, too... Munchkin Blender has some very unique bennies, including stuff like 1/3 Breed and Ultra Munchkin, so I think things could get quite crazy. The game should arrive in about a week. Who might be interested in this completely madcap possible game?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

HairyHeretic

Munchkin is a lot of fun. I could be up for that.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Celestial Goblin

I'd be very up, but do I need my own cards?

Ajoxer

Nnnope, I plan to deal out all the cards with information and so forth from here.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

LordAnubis

Just Munchkin, or are you also getting Munchkin 2 need for steed, munchan 3 Clerical Errors and Munhkin 4 Unnarutral axe?

One of the people in our gamer's club has every munchkin set except munchkin Cuthulu.

Ajoxer

Only got the ones I mentioned so far.

They IS expensive. :-p.

HairyHeretic

Only if you get them all in the one go :)

I have all the basic Munchkin ones, Star Munchkin and Munchkin Fu. Can't remember if I got around to picking up Sumo size me for -Fu. Haven't tried -Bites, or the Supers / Spies ones.

Basic Munchkin on its own can get crazy enough  as it is :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

kylie

Sounds like fun. 

I wonder, how fast would it progress do you suppose?

Ajoxer

Hopefully fairly quickly, as long as everyone keeps up with things.

kylie

Sorry, but can you be a little more precise? 

Some people may think a turn a day or every other is quick, but some might look for two or three.  Some will expect to review the rules and some will expect to charge on regardless.  I don't know.

BondageKitten

I believe I've played that before, though I am quite rusty on the rules and it was only one time. I do remember it being a lot of fun though, I think we used the first expansion or two and the space munchkin, i remember getting a red shirt card at least. I would concur though, you could play the game online just fine but wouldn't the person running it not be able to play themselves? Not for lack of trust or anything but knowing everyone else's cards would seem to take alot of the fun out of it (unless you did enjoy cheating hehe)

I'd be interested, but I don't think I could post more then once a day or every other day, which I would think is much to slow for something simple and fast paced like this. Still I would encourage people to play if they can, it -is- a fun game if you enjoy satire like that.
Being female has its benefits, being submissive has its benefits, being bisexual has its benefits. Its when the benefits all work out to be the same that I am really in heaven.

ons and offs- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=11153.0

HairyHeretic

Rules are fairly simple.

Kick in the door.

If you find a monster, you can either fight it with your cards / level, ask for help to fight it, or run.

If you don't find a monster you either loot the room, or look for trouble (play a monster from your hand).

Anytime a monster is in play, other players can add in cards to help / hinder.

Thats pretty much it really.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Vandren

Could be interesting . . .

I'm sitting on:

Munchkin, inc. Unnatural Axe (2), Clerical Errors (3), Clerical Errata (3.5), Need for Steed (4), De-Ranged (5)
Star Munchkin, inc. Clown Wars (2)
Munchkin Fu, inc. Monky Business (2)
Munchkin Bites, inc. Pants Macabre (2) - haven't gotten to play this one yet
Munchkin Blender
(Getting Munchkin Booty - pirates - as soon as it comes out)

All are fun.  :)

The only problems I see are a) the speed thing that's already been mentioned and b) the problems inherent with any card based PbP game.  If you have the space to lay out cards, or at least keep them stacked by player, etc. . . .
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Ajoxer

I've got a fair amount of space. :-p.

But I'm hoping to get through a player turn in a maximum of one day- That's how long you have to respond to the monster they draw, requests for allies, etcetera.

Ajoxer

Alright! I got the cards in the mail, whoot! I'm thinking that once I get my act together and request a board, I can put up a poll on what decks we want in the game, heh.

HairyHeretic

For a proper game of Munchkin, all of them  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Ajoxer

Which would involve a deck of about... 400, maybe 450 cards. :-p.

HairyHeretic

Pff .. we've probably got 400 with just Munchkin and its expansions alone. When you add in -Fu, -Blender, -Bites and everything else the numbers gonna go waaaaaaaaaaaaay up.

But this is Munchkin we're talking about after all.  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die