Joel Fantasizes About Awesome Group RP

Started by Joel, August 12, 2015, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

Are you a small group that needs another REALLY AWESOME humble WRITER?

Or are you like me and am constantly wishing for a small group RP that feels like an incredible 1x1 story, but with four or five other people because obviously 5x the awesome.

If so, please peruse my post history to check out my writing style and also feel free to have a gander at my interest thread or ons and offs.

----

A good group rp should have a clear, central story arc that provides a framework for characters to latch onto.  An elaborate setting does not a story make, and RP is by it's nature open world.  Group RPs should be relatively simple because they -will- get super complicated as they develop.  The best group RPs just start out with an idea and some basic setting to get everyone on the same page. 

Also lets face it... group rps with mundane stories are just for smut, but if we want to have an engaging situation then lets not be afraid of epic (tongue in cheek) or action-packed exciting.  The best group rps for me are equivalent to B-grade movies and other pulpy junk.  With a pack of awesome writers, people will turn a pile of crap into a pot of gold anyway and that, I think, is what makes group rp fun.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Joel on August 12, 2015, 12:28:25 PM
A good group rp should have a clear, central story arc that provides a framework for characters to latch onto.  An elaborate setting does not a story make, and RP is by it's nature open world.  Group RPs should be relatively simple because they -will- get super complicated as they develop.  The best group RPs just start out with an idea and some basic setting to get everyone on the same page. 

Also lets face it... group rps with mundane stories are just for smut, but if we want to have an engaging situation then lets not be afraid of epic (tongue in cheek) or action-packed exciting.  The best group rps for me are equivalent to B-grade movies and other pulpy junk.  With a pack of awesome writers, people will turn a pile of crap into a pot of gold anyway and that, I think, is what makes group rp fun.

Good Rps are hard to find but we should always keep looking. I think the campy fun ones are the best. No need to pretend its Shakespear, when it works just as good as a summer popcorn movie :P

I've been craving a Starship Troopers rp as of late. Or something set in the Fables Universe. :P So many options, not enough people who share the interest.

Joel

I love pulpy RP.  Starship troopers all the way and Fables.  They just need folks that can zero in on what makes those things fun.  Just the right amount of serious drama in the right places.

Nico

It's worth it to keep looking. ~nods~ I look all the while, because I rarely find a group I fit into and that is about something I know about. 9.5 out of 10 group games are about themes/settings I have no knowledge about/am not interested in, but I keep looking! :-)

Joel

totally, always perusing.  i feel pretty adventurous with leaping into settings and systems that i have no knowledge of (i like researching stuff i suppose).  although, it seems like a lot of group games here tend to attract either more male players or female players.  hard to find ones that have a good mix of players. 

Joel

Okay I know I'm misusing this but this is a PLAYER WANTED FOR GROUP GAME sorta thing.  a -wanted- ad for a group game.

I'm specifically looking for strong female characters who are tough but responsible, who are authoritative.  Who would have a faceclaim like say Emily Blunt.

I'm also looking for a potential gay lover for a captain of a suicidal ship mission.

More details here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235245.50