Mystery-Men in Time (Superhero, UN, plot ideas welcome)

Started by Marlow, July 05, 2009, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlow

During World War II, a small group of men and women, labelled the Mystery-Men, fought aside Allied forces against the Axis Powers of Germany, Italy, and Japan. There history was kept hidden from the public until the very end of the war, where the secret super-conflict being fought simultaneously came to the light of the ravenous war-time press.

The details of the Mystery-Men are virtually non-existent. There is no archive footage of any kind showing the Mystery-Men. All that is known of them is their names: Lady Patriot, (blank), (blank), (blank), and (blank). Combined, these five super powered individuals successfully foiled the Axis plots deemed too dangerous for conventional warfare. Their identities were known to no one, not even, as the popular speculation went, to the governments of the Allied forces.

Their name seemed to be very aptly chosen, as it were. The war ended, and the Mystery-Men were never seen or heard from again. It wasn’t until the sixties did the US government officially recognize the Heroes involvement in the war, creating a memorial (with artists’ interpretations of the five heroes) in Kings City, where the Mystery-Men were first seen.

These men and women inspired a generation to follow, an overwhelming surge in ‘supers’ popping up all over the world, with the largest number appearing in the Eastern United States, following their involvement in the war. They have been a lasting presence in the Super Hero world, respected universally as the men and women who protected us during our greatest time of need.

The truth behind the Mystery-Men is known by one man: Dr. Chronos, Guardian of the Time Stream. In truth, they were a group sent back in time, at the behest of Dr. Chronos’ superiors, the Masters. It was of paramount importance, he was told, that he gather a group he trusted to defend the flow of time, threatened by the man of the future, Synax, an alien from another world, and his cohorts. It was Synax’s goal to give the Axis and Allies the power of the atom bomb, leading to a nuclear holocaust and removing the threat the planet Earth would pose to his planet’s empire.

We are the Mystery-Men, fighting in both past, present, and future, to keep the alien Synax from achieving his goal of nuclear destruction.

It’d be freeform, with discretion between players and myself, who will be the final arbiter if need be. I’ll also be controlling the NPC’s (with help, if anyone is willing). There will be multiple story-arcs running within the overall conflict with Synax: Being sent in to the past to stop him from achieving his goals in WWII, as well as fighting him in the present and the future (with the aid of Dr. Chronos). I think this could be really fun, and spawn other stories set in the Kings Universe (what I’ll call it).

Interest? And of course, that's just but one idea. If it does not interest you, I am all ears for other ideas. It's a Superhero Universe (sometimes a silly one, too. Afterall, this is an Adult RP site), so basically anything goes.

Also note, five members isn't set in stone, it was just a number I put down.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

GabrielM

Thats what I do best is Super heroes so i would love to be apart of this Rp if you will have me!

Marlow

Quote from: GabrielM on July 05, 2009, 10:35:16 PM
Thats what I do best is Super heroes so i would love to be apart of this Rp if you will have me!
Sure thing. I'll wait to see if there's more interest before I do anything further, though.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

TheVillain

I'll toss in my hat as well.

Basic idea:

Kit Scranton, fearless pilot and one of our fliers in the war, has recently been kicked out of the air force for beating a superior officer- for being a nazi spy. Not able to prove his accusations beyond a reasonable doubt in a military tribunal, but recognized as probably right, he was honorably discharged and sent back home to the states. Sharing his story with a sympathetic professor, the professor would invent a jet pack for him that would allow Kit an edge to defend the home front from similar threats. Armed with little more then his wits, a mean right hook, and the a jet pack and costume that lets him fly faster then most airplanes, he now serves as the fearless SkyMan!
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Marlow

Quote from: TheVillain on July 05, 2009, 11:16:50 PM
I'll toss in my hat as well.

Basic idea:

Kit Scranton, fearless pilot and one of our fliers in the war, has recently been kicked out of the air force for beating a superior officer- for being a nazi spy. Not able to prove his accusations beyond a reasonable doubt in a military tribunal, but recognized as probably right, he was honorably discharged and sent back home to the states. Sharing his story with a sympathetic professor, the professor would invent a jet pack for him that would allow Kit an edge to defend the home front from similar threats. Armed with little more then his wits, a mean right hook, and the a jet pack and costume that lets him fly faster then most airplanes, he now serves as the fearless SkyMan!
Sounds fun. Although you might want to put in some offensive equipment as well. A flying man is all good, but that alone doesn't make him very useful in a fight against supers (admittedly the people who would most likely be found in the air).

As I stated above, anybody fancy a different plot, post it and we'll bounce ideas.

TheVillain

Right, easy fix. The costume looks like a blue impression of a WW1 flying ace- but is actually a nessecary part for controlling the pack as when hooked up it houses a complex system of stabilizers. These have the added benefit of allowing for rocket powered punches and kicks, heightened durability, and heat blasts from his hands.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

GabrielM

Were the heroes pulled from different points in time?
Dirk Daniels is a charming software designer from the year 2091. He has come up with some of the most influential creations since sliced bread. In 2111 people don't drive anywhere they are driven by their cars which now fly. Dirk was the man that made the dream real. However as with many things some of his dreams were twisted and turned into weapons and tools for crime. So by night Dirk becomes the Gray Ghost. He once watched an old cartoon and decided that he too would become a crime fighter by the same name and style of course he updated Gray Ghost repartee of equipment. Dirk uses two guns that have two settings a very powerful stun and a laser beam. He wears boots that use a natural type of repelling force to give himself a type of flight, goggles that enhance his sight and lastly a computer AI named Staci (Software Technology Assisted Computer Intelligence).
I kinda came up with him quick so if any of you have any comments let me know.

Marlow

I was actually intending them to all come from the current year, 2009.

TheVillain

Aww, I thought this was going to be a golden age nazi-puncher where the group is being manipulated by time travellers.

(Can I still have Skyman be from the 1940's?)

GabrielM

I can make a Hero from 2009 if that is what you would like for the story I will just switch out Dirk for one of my other heroes.

Doktor Sleepless

Is this still open? I'd like to play an ass-kicking Irish soldier with some superstrength and related powers.

Marlow

Villain: Yes and no. I said in the original post that the Mystery-Men were sent back in time to WWII. They didn't originate in WWII. However, if you really want your character to originate in the 40's, then we can compromise. The rest of the team meets up with you after they've been transported back in time. Your character could act as a sort of native 'guide' for them, as well as being a great source of culture clash when he comes back with them to fight Synax in the present.

Gab: Same deal with Villain. If you really want a future character, I'll let you, but on one condition: You're character would have previously traveled to 2009, where he has been operating for some time.

Doc: Yup, still open. Your character, would he be from the present? (please, lol)

TheVillain

I like the native guide idea. We can make it an easy meet up, because everyone is welcome when punching nazis. That and I don't plan on playing him that smart. Fast, but not deep waters so great at improvising but not much for book smarts. Probably can be manipulated into joining easily.

GabrielM

Thats ok I will just change him up some so that he is from the present I got a great idea that will make him from 2009. Two things though 1 is there a specific format you would like our profiles to be and 2 is there a specific place to post them?

Marlow

I don't have a format out yet. However, I know the basics of what I want:

Name:
Alias:
Height:
Weight:

Physical Appearance (Picture and/or written description):

Personality:

Powers:

Weaknesses:

The usual shit.

TheVillain

Name: Charles "Kit" Scranton
Alias: SkyMan
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120 pounds

Physical Appearance: He looks to be a bit small and scrawny for his age, but more of his physique is muscle then people realize. Dark hair and well tanned, he dresses to impress in what would be called business casual today- trying not to let on that he's too poor to afford better. Keeps his hair combed and little more thanks and often seen in his fighter pilot jacket.
When in costume he looks like he's in the clothes of a WW1 fighter ace, but with a blue color scheme and with more armor built in. A finned helmet hides his features, and on his back as a very retro-future looking jet-pack.

Personality: A fighter pilot to the core, he feels robbed that he wasn't born with wings. A local from the 40's, he comes from a time were things were simpler- perhaps a little too simple. The government could be trusted because that's who they were. He has no ill will for people of different races but isn't used to them mixing together in a crowd. Women are to be treated like they are made of glass. Can't even wrap his head around the concept of homosexuality, at least not yet. Things like that.
Still, he believes in the American Dream- which means everyone gets a fair shake. And Nazis need a punching for what they are doing to people. If these strangers from the future want to help, more power to them.

Origin/History: Kit's father died in the last days of World War 1, leaving his widowed and pregnant mother alone in the world. Times weren't easy for the two of them, but many in their neighborhood in the Bronx were in the same straights and would help each other out. Dubbed "Kit" in the neighborhood for his comparatively small size, his hot-head got him into trouble but he learned how to throw a bunch on those streets- and he never gave up his dream of flying.
After the market crash of '29, he and his mother fell behind on the rent and their landlord tried to have them evicted. Fortunately, the local communist chapter would make sure to be on hand to simply put their things back in the apartment whenever he tried. Touched, he never would agree with their positions but would begin standing up to bullies himself. By the time America entered WW2, this would become a sense of fearlessness and a belief in the American Dream, that everyone deserved a "fair shake".
Marrying his dream of flight with his desire to defend the the American dream, he'd volunteer for the Air Force the moment he was able. He quickly gained a reputation for being absolutely fearless, and being capable of shaking everything but his childhood nickname. His air force career would not last long. After a battle in which his unit took heavy casualties, he quite by chance stumbled on to the fact that the reason for the losses was that his immediate CO was in fact a Nazi spy. Beating the man senseless, he would be arrested by MP's and set before a military tribunal. In the end, at least as far as he could tell, it seems that higher levels of the military had known his CO was probably a spy long ago- and seemed to be not taking steps in hopes of nailing the whole ring. Officially, Kit's Air Force career was over, as he was sent back to the states to a military prison- where he just happened to have his sentence commuted to time served by a tricky lawyer he never met.
But that would not be the end of Kit's adventures. Enter Professor Aristotle Smith, aged genius inventor with friends in military circles. Hearing about Kit's story and sympathetic for reasons he keeps private, he'd offer Kit a chance to help defend the home front what he couldn't do over seas with a highly experimental jet pack and flight suit.
And defend he has, from threats both from the war and even a few domestic. Known as the superhero SkyMan he bested foes many times more powerful with his quick wits and a strong right hook- backed up by rocket propulsion of course. In the original time line he dies in the line of duty in 1944- defending New York City from a surprise Nazi invasion led by german metahumans. A statue used to stand where he fell, moved to a museum in the 70's where it stood to the present. With the visitors from the future however, things could play out differently as the time line readjusts.

Powers: When in the jet-pack and suit, SkyMan can fly at up to speeds approaching about half of the speed of sound. The suit's internal structure will also give some measure of protection against damage, and if he's lucky will defect some bullets. Normally he avoids such damage just by outpacing it. Through creative use of his flight stabilizers he also can in effect give himself short bursts of superhuman strength, most notably when he throws a punch or a kick. Finally, he can use the stabilizers to generate medium range blasts of heat from his hands.

Weaknesses: The powers are all part of his suit and jet-pack, outside of them he's just a man who is a quick thinker with a good right hook. Also, thanks to the genius of Professor Aristotle Smith, the jet-pack does run on water- but it does need to be refueled regularly.

DarkAngel

I'll play

Give me a day to come up with a female and I should have what you need,

Marlow

I forgot to add two things to the profile; Age and Origin/History.

And power to you Pixie.

TheVillain

K, fixed. And welcome aboard Pixie.

And yes, I am aware that my guy's pretty cheesy. I'm going for a 40's bright colored pulp feel.

GabrielM

My char is coming along real wellso i should be able to post him when I get of work.

Cold Heritage

If there's still room I'd like to toss my hat into the circle. Or however the expression goes.

I'd like to do a super-soldier or a Superman kinda guy (you know, flying, super-strength, super-durability, eye beams).
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Marlow

So far, we've got 2 female characters (mine shall be Lady Patriot, basically a female Superman, although I also will be controlling Dr. Chronos and no doubt a few other 'supers'), and 4 male characters (including Dr. and Heritage). A bit of disparity, but that's fine.

I'm going to close this off to any more male characters (although male players may still join), in hopes of coming up with an equal gender base.

Heritage: Supersoldier or Paragon (flight, super strength, energy beams, ect.) are both fine. Post a profile and I'll give it the read-through.

Cold Heritage

Name: Imperator
Alias: none
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 426 lbs.

Physical Appearance (Picture and/or written description): Imperator is tall, muscular, and the very image of Hitler's Aryan ideal. He has blond hair and blue eyes, along with very fair skin. His hair is quite fair, kept short, but long enough to style. His eyes are a pale blue blue as well. His skin is without blemish or scar.

Imperator's costume is a deep red full-body suit. It has pauldrons, with a red cape attached to the back sections. Only Imperator's face, ears, and hair are left exposed by the suit.

Personality: Imperator is a quiet, calm man. He's a good soldier. He follows orders, and he doesn't have a problem with taking a life or doing the difficult things demanded in times of war.

Origin/History: Imperator belongs to a species that controls several star systems very far away from Earth. Among his people he was born into a genetic caste of warrior-guardians. He would forever be apart from his people, but his stewardship of them carried with it honour and satisfaction unrivalled.

His species came into contact with another species, a race of scientists who toyed with things well beyond their means of control. Imperator was struck by an experimental weapon mounted on an enemy warship that displaced him in time and space. Sent to Earth in 2007, Imperator had no way to find his way home; Earth's stars were unfamiliar to him and he lacked the scientific acumen to deduce a means to determine time based on atomic decomposition from the beginning of time.

With few options, Imperator took up his previous profession. After a few misunderstandings, he moderated his behaviour to suit the locals. He protected Earth from enemies within and without, fighting Dr. Thunder and his Lightning Droids or fighting off the invasion of the Plutonian Mold-People. His adventures were adventuresome, but they were all he ever did. He was on twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week. Lesser heroes would have cracked under the pressure. Imperator didn't understand when the Torch of Freedom and Lady Libertine tried to persuade him to adopt a civilian identity.

When he was approached by Dr. Chronos, it was unneccessary to do anything other than explain what was at stake. Imperator accepted the responsibility without question or expectation of personal remuneration.

Powers: Superhuman strength, superhuman durability, flight, energy blasts fired from the eyes, superhuman senses.

Weaknesses: Imperator's still very young, and his powers aren't fully developped. His sense of morality's different from those of humans - he doesn't fear employing the enemy's methods to defeat them.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

GabrielM

Name: Dirk Daniels
Alias: Gray Ghost
Height: 6 foot 1 inch
Weight: 180 lbs

Personality: Dirk to the public eye is a handsome charming rich ladies man however that's because they only see him when he is entering party's with girls all over him however the real Dirk is a little less of all of those except for the rich part anyways, though he trys.

Costume: Dark gray fedora, shirt, pants, and trench coat.

Powers: He has no powers. While working on a new video game AI Dirk accidentally created a highly intelligent AI whom he has come to name STACI (Software Technology Assisted Computer Intelligence). With STACI's help Dirk has created two guns that have two settings a very powerful stun and a laser beam. He wears boots that use a natural type of repelling force to give himself a type of flight, goggles that enhance his sight. He is always working on new things now that he has STACI to help him.

Weaknesses: He is human and therefor has all the weaknesses that intails. A good drink and a beautiful woman.

Origin/History: Dirk comes from a modest family. He was born and raised in Iowa and he couldn't wait to get out.
His child hood was nothing spacial really, he was top of his class yet well liked. He was not the most popular but he was on the baseball and dive team so he wasn't on the bottom of the ladder either. Where he truly excelled though was video games you name it he beat it and in record time. Once out of highschool he knew there was only one thing to do become a world famous video game designer. So off he went to MIT to learn anything to do with Interactive Multi-Media. This is where he could really shine. His was top of the ladder here, girls wanted him and guys wanted to be him...it was like he was James Bond. While in school he created a few small time first person shooters that were popular on campus, bu his real big break came his last year at MIT. Dirk was he sole creator and builder of what became the largest MORPG ever played Life 2.0. Think of the Sims but with truly limitless possibilities starting out in the stone age, 1950's or present and living a life into any point in the future your world could be completely diffrent from some one Else's startrekish or starwars like. Maybe your universe creates the technology to travel to and from other peoples universes. With Dirks innovative AI the game can create its own quests based off of the players withen each separate universe. Truly limitless. Life 2.0 of course made Dirk a very very wealthy man but he kept on workingand one fatefull day through an accident that he cannot explain he created STACI (Software Technology Assisted Computer Intelligence). He had devised a way for a game AI to search the internet and learn strategy and tactics and implement that into a game some how though STACI learned everything and even gained a personality. He has attempted on several occasions with the help of Staci to create new AI but has some how not been able to and so has decided to keep Staci to himself being as he could never duplicate her to sell. Believe it or not one day Dirk though that games were not enough and decided that he would actually live as a hero so with the help of STACI he became an incarnation of a favorite hero from his childhood The Gray Ghost.

If anyone has a comment or something fell free I just might listen. -smile-

DarkAngel

Name:Angel
Alias:Dark Angel
Height:5'5

Weight:123lb

She always wearing black of some kind her eyes are Violet and she got dark hair

Personality:She is very sarcastic in wit , Diffently outgoing and enjoys just sitting at home reading a book.. She is addicted to Coffee so you may find her in a coffee shop.. She don't do order very well because of her strong personality .. Her will is very strong and she stuborn to boot ..

Powers:She feeds off the night so she can hide in the shadows. She make make you have nightmares with illusions.. and she uses a sword of darkness.. it will take your soul..

Weaknesses: She doesn't Do well with elementals.. and cold it can hurt her or even kill her.. Her body has to be regulated tempture .. if she goes higher or lower .. IT can cause her problems

The usual shit. She has little teddy bear in her pocket named Tiny and she talks to him while she fighting .. and even hands him to the bad guys just to confuse them more..

That is all I can think of right now but I'll add more or write in more when we get the story going its a lot easier on bios when I write..