Aces & Eights - looking for M & F

Started by RedEve, March 17, 2013, 05:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

"Truth is, as a base of operations, you cannot beat a fucking saloon." – Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Aces & Eights

The Aces & Eights is a roadside bar owned by Terry Vanderbilt, a 47-year old ex-con. It’s situated on the outskirts of a mid-sized Texan town and caters both to the locals and passerbys. It’s not the sort of place the respectable folks like to frequent, as it tends to attract the rougher kind (ex-cons, one percenters, …) of clientele. Bar fights are a common occurrences on most weekends.

Terry bought the bar 15 years earlier, after having done eight years for armed robbery. His time in jail has not reformed him, quite on the contrary. The bar serves as a front for his drug trading business. He deals out of the club himself and acts as a middle-men to smaller-scale dealers. The reason why he is able to operate this business as something of a public secret is the fact that he has the town’s Sherriff in his pocket.

Terry would be a GM-run NPC, but I am looking to populate this game with the people that surround him. This includes but is not limited to:

-   The bar’s bouncers, who double as Terry’s enforcers and bodyguards in his drug dealing business;
-   The waitresses, whose attire consists of hotpants and tight-fitting tops (think Jessica Simpson in that terrible Dukes of Hazzard movie).
-   The Sheriff and his deputies;
-   Drug dealers who are affiliated with Terry;
-   Terry’s ex-wife (a former waitress at his bar whom he married and then divorced), who knows about his criminal enterprise but is kept quiet thanks to the generous monthly alimony checks. She is very bitter about his infidelity but so far the lifestyle his money has bought her has kept her mum. This role would end up becoming quite important to the main plot line of the story, so I am going to be very picky about whom I choose for the part. No real guide-lines about the character’s background and appearance, other than she should be in her mid to late 30s age-wise;
-   Rival gangs who aren’t as well organized as Terry’s outfit but still want to steal a slice of his pie, or even take him out altogether;
-   Terry’s suppliers, representatives of a Mexican cartel and very dangerous men to cross;
-   Any other character who could fit into this story.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Nykteus

I'd certainly have a go at playing a corrupt Sheriff with a twisted ethos. Is this just an interest check at the moment, or do you want full character profiles?

RedEve

Interest check for now, I will put up a template for the character sheets once I know there is enough interest to conceivably start up the game.

Nykteus

Desirous

Interested and bookmarking this. Would love to play the role of the Bouncer  :D

Gypsy

I'd potentially be interested in playing one of the deputies.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

xPeachyPuff

I would be interested to play a female bartender if possible (:

RedEve

Okay, so far we have people who have expressed interest in playing:

A Sheriff
A waitress
A bouncer
A female bartender
A deputy

I will add my own character to the list as well (not counting the Terry NPC).
Which means that I more or less only need someone to play Terry's ex to get this show on the road. :)

RedEve

CS template:

[float=right][img][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Role in the game:[/b] (could be any of the previously defined roles or something else entirely that fits into the game)
[b]Background/bio:[/b]

Please PM them to me before posting them on here.

xPeachyPuff

Awesome. I'll try and get her PMed to you in a little while. Are you alright if I throw in some extra things to the Character Sheet? (Like Sexual Orientation and such?)

RedEve

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on March 18, 2013, 08:43:33 AM
Awesome. I'll try and get her PMed to you in a little while. Are you alright if I throw in some extra things to the Character Sheet? (Like Sexual Orientation and such?)
That is fine.

Nykteus

Name: Alexander "Lex" MacMillan
Role in the game: Sheriff of Perdition County
Background/bio:  Lex was born and raised in Perdition, it's his home and he's always returned there, no matter where's he's been on his travels. His people were never wealthy, they'd have been hard pressed to scrabble up so high as working class, but his inheritance was more than mere cash, he learned how to be stoic, independent, loyal and hardy, how to be a man. Money can be got, easy enough, but knowing how to hunt, track, shoot and stalk like only a backwoods man can, building that backbone that can stand up to any hardship, that's something you either earn or you don't. Like most of Perdition's poor, he saw an easy out in the military, enlisting as a Marine, and like most of the boys who hailed from backgrounds like his, they arrived already crack shots and expert hunters, all too ready for more intensive training.

Lex served his country well, having been promoted to Lieutenant by the time he left that line of work to go back looking for Perdition. Needless to say, a decorated soldier had a good shot at getting elected Sheriff, and it didn't hurt that Lex was a charming, thoughtful, salt of the earth sort of man, a local who wasn't going to get above himself. Once he got a hold of the job, he went right to work making sure he would keep it. The man knew how to handle himself and wasn't afraid to show that he could handle anyone else that tried to test him.

As deep as a draw well, as his father used to say about him, there's nothing simple about the man who presents himself as a simple Texan trying his hardest to keep his little corner of creation safe. He's got a philosophy as regards law and order, the law is the toolbox, order is the job. Laws are made by overfed, overpaid politicians, they exist to enable people to keep order, and if they don't get the job done, Lex won't worry none about ignoring them. He's a pure pragmatist, he knows that what people really want is to be safe in their homes, have enough to eat, and get laid now and then. He doesn't see himself as ignoring crime in Perdition, he herds it. Ever since Eve bit that apple, people have gone looking for forbidden fruit, and there ain't no way of stopping that without killing everyone in the whole wide world.

His rules are simple, but clear. Criminals hurting criminals, that's just feral dogs fighting, he can accept, and grown men and women going after their vices, well that's what freedom is. It's understood, however, that anyone causing trouble to the good folk of Perdition, using, hiring or selling to kids, raping or robbing, anything that might fracture the idyll he's worked hard to create, will be lucky to end up in a jail cell. People in Perdition know what kind of man he is, small towns have plenty of secrets that everyone knows, and there are more than a few folks who stepped over the line and learned that the Sheriff isn't afraid of being a Judge, Jury and Executioner now and then. When that little girl turned up stripped, used and beaten half to death in the local park, it didn't take people long to connect that pervert's corpse turning up beat to a pulp and the Sheriff's fists looking like he'd been punching gravel. A thing like that sticks in people's minds, for better or worse. Like the man who slaughters cattle, people don't want to see the job being done, they're just glad he does it when they're sitting down to a nice juicy steak.

For the most part, he keeps things quiet, an old fashioned lawman, calm and considerate, preferring to handle matters peaceably when he can. It's all the better to let the outlaws take care of one another, those that are smart enough to see that Perdition is a delicate machine don't like rogue idiots throwing off the workings. That leaves him free to see to it that the petty little peccadilloes that the rest of the town gets up to can be handled with a minimum of fuss.

xPeachyPuff

Nice profile! HOT actor as well, by the way >>

Gypsy

Name: Andrea (Andy) Jasper
Role in the game: Deputy
Background/bio: Andrea Jasper got her start in law enforcement in Memphis, Tennessee.  Her father's family had a strong history in law enforcement, and both she and her brother Clay joined the force after community college.  She loved the rush of the job, but her passion for the job took a serious hit early in her career when the district attorney declined to prosecute a domestic abuse case she'd worked because of 'favors owed'.  When the man later killed his wife and child, and went on to kill one of her fellow officers and an innocent bystander, wounding two more, she reported the DA's decision up the chain of command and finally to the newspapers.  The DA, an established figure who was likely to go into politics, was never even reprimanded, but Andrea's career seemed to get sidelined in a series of nowhere assignments.  Both her brother and father supported and defended her, but when the spillover threatened their careers as well, Andy decided it was time to a change.

Her grandfather (maternal) lived in Perdition County, and Andy and her brother had spent a couple of weeks there most summers growing up.  When her grandfather mentioned that the sheriff's office was hiring, she sent in an application, and accepted the job when offered.  She wanted out of the city, where it seemed that they were fighting a battle with an increasingly apathetic public and where the politics were more concerned with getting their names in the news in some politically correct fashion than actually protecting the people they were supposed to serve.

It didn't take her long to figure out how things stood between the Sheriff's office and the local dealers at the Aces & Eights.  Somewhat to her own surprise, the arrangement seems to protect the citizens of the small town.  So long as it doesn't spill out over the town, she's content to follow the sheriff's lead.  She doesn't waste too much concern over what goes on in the bar itself or happens to those who frequent it, though if it comes to taking sides with them against outsiders making trouble, she doesn't even have to think about where she'll land.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

xPeachyPuff

Name: Bailey Valentine.
Role in the game: Barmaid.
Sexuality: Bisexual. (With a preference for men.)

Background: Bailey was brought up in the Texan town by a family that consisted of herself, two older brothers and her father. Her mother left when she was very young, around the age of two, after she was discovered to be having an affair with a man half her age. Even though her father had a stable job and the two had been in love for years, she found herself becoming bored of their relationship and went elsewhere for the attention she craved. Due to this, Bailey has no memories of her mother; only the pictures of a strange woman that her father had shown her. It was very rough after her mother left, or that was what her older brothers Ryan and Avery said, but it was all that Bailey could ever remember. Her father slipped into alcoholism and was fired from his job when she was around eight years old; it was her brothers who were responsible for them still having a home. Even though they weren't saint, Ryan and Avery walked into dead-end jobs in order for them to continue to live in their family home.

When Bailey was around the age of fifteen, she managed to get herself a job to run along side her attending school; a simple corner store assistant, though she only stacked shelves for a couple of years until she was around seventeen. The family who ran it had some sort of strange policy about letting people handle cash from a certain age. After that, she started to make sales behind the counter as well. She began going downhill in school just after she started her job and dropped out after getting a more permanent contract with the same store that hired her; this was around the age they began letting her sit behind the counter. She got into the 'wrong' crowd just after she dropped out of school and began smoking, getting drunk and having sex, as well as getting as much ink as she could afford and a couple of piercings along the way too. Of course, the rest of her money went on household bills and items, and keeping her dad under a roof (thought her brother's were also helping, she felt she needed to put something in it as well.)

Bailey was fired when her group of friends stole from the store with her aid, though she curses herself for helping them now. CCTV caught her handing over cigarettes and booze to the bunch when the woman who owned it left to get a coffee from her flat upstairs, leaving the store unattended to run off with her friends. They called the police on her, but nothing could be done other than a 'serious' warning because she was classed as a minor still. Bailey wasn't bothered at the time, simply because she thought she had better things to do then work for a living at the age she was.

When she was twenty-one, Bailey managed to secure a job at a local bar and moved out of her family home after having a massive argument with her father, which actually resulted in him hitting her in his drunken stupor. She now lives in a rundown, one bed studio apartment in one of the worst area's in town by herself. She managed to save up enough money on the side to pass her driving test and buy herself a decent motorcycle, which is her way of getting to and from work.

RedEve

Things are shaping up nicely. :)

One other thing that might not have been fully clear yet: It can be assumed as a given that Terry has taken liberties with all of his female staff.
So even if we never actually play out a scene in the IC thread, it can be assumed that any woman who has worked there for even a short time will have been fucked by Terry at least once. ;)

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: RedEve on March 18, 2013, 10:10:56 AM
Things are shaping up nicely. :)

One other thing that might not have been fully clear yet: It can be assumed as a given that Terry has taken liberties with all of his female staff.
So even if we never actually play out a scene in the IC thread, it can be assumed that any woman who has worked there for even a short time will have been fucked by Terry at least once. ;)

That's fine, haha. I figured as much (:

Desirous

Love the characters!

I am outside at the moment and will be posting my character profile when I get back home in a little while.

Nykteus

xPeachyPuff

Oh, and by the way, I'm more than happy to create History with any characters that are present or players who are thinking of characters and have yet to put them up. (: Just shoot me a PM and we can brainstorm together. (As Mia already has, I thought I should probably throw it out there!)

Nykteus

Well, I guess I'm available if anyone wants to figure out arrest records and other hijinks concerning the law.

Gypsy

I'd love to have a friendly relationship with someone at the bar with a little past history -- maybe so that this person can ask for a little unofficial help when needed, who might return the favor with a little info from time to time.

RedEve

Name: Tasha Vansen
Role in the game: Waitress at the “Aces & Eights”
Background/bio: Tasha was born and raised in Perdition. Her parents divorced when she was eight and she and her mother bounced around from place to place until they arrived at a trailerpark on the outskirts of town. Her dad’s alimony payments dried up after he was laid off at the factory he worked at, and six months later he disappeared completely from Perdition and their lives. Tasha’s mom believes to this day that her ex escaped to Mexico to avoid any further alimony payments. It meant that their already lean and meager way of living became even more difficult. Her mother tried and failed to find and keep a job on several occasions. But her lackadaisical attitude combined with her drinking problem meant that she rarely lasted anywhere longer than a couple of weeks. After a while, the totality of her mother’s income consisted of her welfare cheques and whatever little her endless string of deadbeat boyfriends brought into the household.

Tasha wasn’t a brilliant student at school, she got her grades up just high enough to keep her ass on the cheer squad, which was about the only aspect of high school she enjoyed. As in many small towns like it, the HS football team was the beating heart of the community, and cheering on the Perdition Panthers in front of a sold out arena was usually the highlights of her week. She reeled in the team’s quarterback in their senior year, but he abruptly ended the relationship shortly after graduation. Unlike her, he found a way out of their little town, having earned a full scholarship to a Division II football program in California. There was no such escape for her, and after working a series of McJobs for a year, she finally applied to the one place that could offer her better pay: Terry Vanderbilt’s bar. Everyone in town knew that he lived on the edge of the law at best. But to Tasha, his bar offered a tiny bit of glamor and a steady and good income. She didn’t care that the work attire had half her ass hanging out or that many of the customers were rather hands on in their affections. It was better than flipping burgers at the local McDonalds. She knew because she had tried…

Desirous

Name: Dale Smith
Role in the game: Bouncer at the "Aces &Eights" who doubles as Terry’s enforcer and bodyguard in his drug dealing business
Background/bio: Dale opened his eyes in an orphanage and when he turned around years of age, he was told that he was found one morning in the dumpster in front of the facility. Not familiar with the term "family", he was a very quiet child who didn't had any friends at all and right after his 11Th birthday he ran from the facility after one day he was beaten up really badly by the Warden after Dale resisted his sexual advances. It wasn't easy for Dale after leaving the facility and in order to survive on the streets he did a few odd jobs before becoming a transporter of small drug deals taking place in the neighborhood. His shrewd cunning personality mixed with his charming looks worked in his favor and to his good fortune, even after being picked by the local Police he was released after some reprimanding.

As luck would have it, he got the opportunity to meet Terry in person when he was delivering a package all by himself. Terry offered him a job which he took considering his new owner`s contacts and the law enforcing agents in his pocket. After having worked for Terry for almost 7 years now, Dale was considered a really important person in Terry`s clan being one of the most trusted member working in as a Bouncer keeping trouble outside the club and also proving to be a helpful hand in Terry`s illegal trades. He lived in a 2 bedroom apartment at a walking distance from the club and drove a classic muscle bike.

Nykteus

Seems like the Hulk got a tan and is hiding out in rural Texas.