New World of Warcraft cinematic for Panderia

Started by Chris Brady, August 16, 2012, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 17, 2012, 10:42:59 PM
I'm hoping for Ghostcrawler as the final expansion end boss. Let the game go completely meta.

Eeeeee.. the Nerf BAT!!!!

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 17, 2012, 08:23:10 PM
Well you still got the Titans, the Great Old Ones..the bugs, the burning legion and more out there.

My question is:  Why didn't they use any of it???
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

BrokenShards

Has the emerald dream ever been added to the game yet? It's been in there since beta xD I remember the world event dragons that used to guard the portals back in vanilla.

*sniffles* I miss vanilla.
Ready to write when someone requires.

Chris Brady

Quote from: BrokenShards on August 18, 2012, 01:46:28 AM
Has the emerald dream ever been added to the game yet? It's been in there since beta xD I remember the world event dragons that used to guard the portals back in vanilla.

For a little bit in Cata's end zones.

Quote from: BrokenShards on August 18, 2012, 01:46:28 AM*sniffles* I miss vanilla.

I miss BC, it had the best balance for dungeons, not raids though.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

BrokenShards

I guess it's because I entered the game in vanilla and that's where I had the most fun.

I did love kara, but it's because I was in my vanilla guild with my old love <3

Ready to write when someone requires.

Caitlin

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 16, 2012, 03:01:50 PM
Here's the Panderia opening movie:

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

I've more or less given up on WoW.  And sadly this didn't inspire me at all, wish it did...  What do you guys think?
I loved the intro movie, but I'm never going back to WoW. I lost 5 years of my life to that game already and though it was a fun period, I'm much better off investing my time in writing stories and the occasional game that doesn't require me to grind for hours on end. :-)

Callie Del Noire

I liked the 'free upgrades' we got out of Vanilla.

We got .. MC, Blackrock Spire, Ony, the original Nax, AQ20/40, the original ZG, the first 3 pvp events, world bosses .. class specific weapons.. (which aside from the rare occasionally legendary we've seen nothing follow up on.. my hunter uses his 60 bow for transmog still)

Chris Brady

My NElf Warrior still has Zin'Rohk, Destroyer of Worlds, which he uses to transmog any updated two handed blade he picks up.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 18, 2012, 01:53:36 PM
My NElf Warrior still has Zin'Rohk, Destroyer of Worlds, which he uses to transmog any updated two handed blade he picks up.

I'm going to miss my hunter being able to wield a legendary when they lose their melee slot

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 18, 2012, 02:02:34 PM
I'm going to miss my hunter being able to wield a legendary when they lose their melee slot

I've more or less stopped playing and I miss throwing weapons.

Revelation

I'm going to miss my hunters epic staff from Molten core I got back in vanilla.

I fucking earned Rhok'delar and that staff damnit! I spent almost a month dealing with the 4 demons you had to kill for it. The one you had to kite in winterspring was the wirst because he was the one who needed the most finesse to really kill. The easiest was the one in searing gorge IMO. I did it back when they had 4-8 hour respawn timers....

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Changingsaint on August 18, 2012, 03:32:45 PM
I'm going to miss my hunters epic staff from Molten core I got back in vanilla.

I fucking earned Rhok'delar and that staff damnit! I spent almost a month dealing with the 4 demons you had to kill for it. The one you had to kite in winterspring was the wirst because he was the one who needed the most finesse to really kill. The easiest was the one in searing gorge IMO. I did it back when they had 4-8 hour respawn timers....

What is fun is seeing folks in Lich king gear still get killed by the demons in 2 shots. 

Revelation

Im just glad I got those items on my hunter. My hunter is no longer my main, but those items will definitely hold a place in my heart, thats for certain.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Changingsaint on August 18, 2012, 05:10:55 PM
Im just glad I got those items on my hunter. My hunter is no longer my main, but those items will definitely hold a place in my heart, thats for certain.

I got the bow and the fiery helm from MC for transmogs.

NotoriusBEN

The nostalgia for vanilla is strong in this thread, and I totally agree.

The awesome moments of my guildies and myself have not been reproduced in any game or expansion since.
Healers that could keep half a raid group up by themselves... a rogue that could tank... syncronized banishments from warlocks, the comraderie between the warriors in our guild. All the warriors could tank the lesser dungeons and parts of MC, but the dps warriors let us tanks have the MC and BWL gear and we let them have those cool zg blades and drake claws.  Helping our hunters with the 'lok and 'rok quests (cant help with the kill, but we acted as a screen for mobs and pats to the roads).

That and it was so funny in AQ20 when I had so much defense gear that my healer got bored so I stripped to just boots, pants and gloves so he'd have a challenge :P

And for all the reasons you guys' posted. To do dungeons you had to know your shit. You had to be polite or reroll because no one would play with you. I remember organizing an Alchemy Union on my server to keep Flasks at a set minimum price. It was very hard, but I convinced many of the heavy guilds that if prices were lower than X amount it was a chinese farmer trying to get in on the market. Y'know... back when they were er'vywrr... It worked for a good 3 months until Blizz killed the farmers...

(I admit to using an Alliance toon to buy up all of their cheap Black Lotus and get them traded to my Horde Alchemist to make a killing on the Horde Market.)

Getting my Quel'serrar and Thunderfury... I just about tear up remembering the guild giving me the book and bindings for them... and then rolling into Alterac Valley and tanking the shit out of 20+ players in trash blues (thank you healers)

ah memories... wait, what's this about panda bears?

Callie Del Noire

Rolled through MC last night on my hunter to see if I could get the left binding before I lose the melee option forever. It was fu. When my guilders showed up and asked. "How come all the trash is around but only domo and rag are left?"

I hadn't realized till then I had literally walked or camouflaged my way through 80% of my mobs. The ore hounds were hardest to solo.. The packs before the boss that is..cause I got few aoes as a hunter.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 17, 2012, 10:46:49 PM
Eeeeee.. the Nerf BAT!!!!

Nerf bats can be a trash mob in the raid instance, along with Forum Trolls.

Revelation

As much as I might have enjoyed certain parts of Vanilla WoW.... I am very, very happy its gone. I can’t kid myself. Nilla WoW was just unfun in a lot of ways for me and my friends. I never truly felt challenged once I hit 60 and dealt with the instances. UBRS was only hard because you had to coordinate 9 other jerks, Scholo, strat, get all were all simplistically easy. And MC and BWL were snoozefests that were all trial and error gameplay with no true difficulty other than ‘Hit this boss really hard and sometimes move around’. I started playing WoW about a month before BWL was released, and have only taken a break a few times for a few months. Paladins, shamans, and druids were all a joke in that while you HAD tanking and healing/DPS options with them... They were all pretty much inferior. Same for shadow priests. Basically, if you rolled any of those classes, you were stuck as a healer no matter what you wanted to do.

Burning crusade opened up more options, new professions, and vastly increased the end game available. More, newer raids. Heroics that actually felt challenging, more content for non raiders given out, dailies and improved factions... But even then there were still a few kinks. I feel WOTLK era was the most enjoyable era for me, as it gave yet another profession, a new class which became my favorite, and unified a lot of the wow things that I liked. We had a real protagonist, were back on Azeroth... And hybrid classes actually had a purpose other than healing, battle resses, and totems/heroism. Every role was viable, there were no painful and unfun months long grinds, and it had the most content for both the hardcore raiders and more casual non raiders.

Cataclysm suffered in that a lot of its dev cycle and resources went into the recreating of azeroth and changing much of the 1-60 zones. This was a great thing! Except many of the people wanting Cata had at least one level 80 and weren’t wanting the old content. They wanted new. And many of the players who enjoyed Wraths easier aspects found themselves challenged by Catas early brutal heroics – which were soon toned down to be much more tolerable. In addition, a good chunk of content felt rehashed. IE: Zulgurub, Zulaman, etc. Again I really liked a lot of cataclysms things and agreed 300% with the redesigned talents, but a lto of it was miss as well.

Now, pandaria is coming out, and I see a lot of what I liked in Wrath coming back or kinda evident. Again the talent changes don’t concern me, and I am hoping to have a ton of fun. It reminds me a lot of vanilla wow as well, given I played that for so long. So in short, i’m being the voice of dissent and saying I prefer the new WoW to the old one by tons.

Aiden

Chris Brady

So this is where they finally kill Jaina Proudmoore?  About time, can't have become more important than Thrall after all.

Kuje

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 24, 2012, 06:48:23 PM
So this is where they finally kill Jaina Proudmoore?  About time, can't have become more important than Thrall after all.

If it's based on the new novel, which isn't supposed to be out till next week but a lot of people got it early, like me. However, she doesn't die.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Theramore gets totaled but Jaina survives to become the leader of the Kirin Tor.

Sketchy

I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks that the new expansion pack is sooo stupid. I honestly thing that Kung Fu Panda is where they got they inspiration from. I sort of took a break from wow after cataclysm was released,  and I don't think I will go back after that. Blizzard is really going downhill, they really need to get their stuff together.

Are you planning to give the new expansion a try? And what are your opinions on the game as a whole?
..::Sketchy::..

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sketchy on August 27, 2012, 01:26:19 PM
I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks that the new expansion pack is sooo stupid. I honestly thing that Kung Fu Panda is where they got they inspiration from. I sort of took a break from wow after cataclysm was released,  and I don't think I will go back after that. Blizzard is really going downhill, they really need to get their stuff together.

Are you planning to give the new expansion a try? And what are your opinions on the game as a whole?

Point of fact.. the Pandarian culture/setting was hinted about LONG before Kung-fu Panda. Shen Stormstout (I think) was in Warcraft 2 or 3 as a character you could play.

Zakharra

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 27, 2012, 01:44:49 PM
Point of fact.. the Pandarian culture/setting was hinted about LONG before Kung-fu Panda. Shen Stormstout (I think) was in Warcraft 2 or 3 as a character you could play.

Exactly. Panderan were hinted at and a part of WoW lore long before KFP. In WC3, Chen was there a few times then he vanished.  Many people automatically think MoP is based off of KFP only because that film was made so recently. The expansions of WoW are planned  -years- in advance. MoP was in the works long before KFP was a wet dream.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 27, 2012, 01:44:49 PM

Actually, it's been longer than that.  In almost all WC art by I think Samwise (could be another house artist), he would always sneak a panda in there somewhere.

I call it Kung Fu Panda Land because it reminds me of Po and friends and their mythical China, not that it BASED on it.