Re: Murder on the Elliquiy Express: European Tours: Day 4

Started by Pixilicious, July 19, 2010, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pixilicious

The Elliquiy Express was one of the world's most luxurious trains.  Each year, it offered an opportunity for people to travel the world in unsurpassed opulence with all their wants and needs taken care - even those that they weren't aware of.  People traveled from all over the world to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience the journey offered.

Aware of the demand, the owners could decide who they invited onboard and, as a result, only the lucky or obscenely rich were lucky enough to board the train each year.  With only four sleeping cars, berths were extremely limited - particularly given the spaciousness of each suite. 

You are one of the lucky few to board this journey.  You may not know it now but it will be one of the most unique trips you will ever experience.  Two (or more) of the passengers are pathological murderers picking off the innocent night by night.  Will you survive and even enjoy the trip?

This is a game loosely based on the mafia style of gaming but with unique twists.

Day/Night Cycle
It will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 
Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2 or 3) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM. 
Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.
Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x4)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Active.  Their presence may or may not stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear like "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules
Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.
Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.
All PM communication should be CC'd to Pixilicious so that he can be entertained as well!
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Pixilicious

Current Player List

Ariadne
Marguerite
Spell
Starlequin
Kyrsa
Barnbean
Alxnjsh
Ryven
Sir Wolfgang
Sasha
Beguile's Mistress
Valerian
Imogen
Remiel
Kaizen
Random Civilian

Pixilicious

The Elliquiy Express chugged along the platform and, with a deep echoing blast of the horn and a final puff of smoke, settled gracefully in front of the lucky patrons waiting to board.  Before the doors opened, a voice echoed out across the platform speakers.  Suprisingly clear, the passengers looked around and smiled as they heard the beginning of their adventure.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome!  The Elliquiy Express will shortly begin boarding.  At that stage, please present your passport and ticket to our concierge, Pixilicious, and she will see to your comfort and personalised introduction to your home for the next few weeks.  As it is soon becoming night, your luggage will be delivered directly to your suite and dinner and drinks will be provided in the dining car or your rooms as you choose.  Now, without further ado, please feel free to board the Elliquiy Express.  Welcome and we hope you enjoy the fantastic experience awaiting you."

Welcome everyone!

We are starting during evening time, almost, but not quite the end of the day cycle.

To start the game, you have a choice to retire to Carriage A, B, C or D.  Please PM me which carriage you would prefer to stay in tonight, listing them in order of preference if you have not already done so. In the pre-game PM, I listed an example of how this could be done.  I will be giving a few more hours to receive this information.  If, at this time, I haven't received it, I'll randomly assign you to whatever open spaces there are.

While I collate this information, feel free to have a bit of fun in character while boarding the train and settling in.

Ryven

Ryven walked slowly along the platform, his large suitcase rocking back and forth with each step.  The Elliquiy Express was sitting on the tracks to his right, the sounds of ventilation and pneumatic systems resounding an industrial symphony along the tracks.  He turned to one of the cars.  Just a few steps more and he would be stepping up into the large luxurious train.

From his coat pocket, his hand emerged holding his passport with a ticket neatly folded inside.  A smile crossed his lips as he nodded to the concierge, handing each item to the man for inspection.  Upon receiving both once more, he spoke of his gratitude.  "Thank you.  I'm sure the tour will be as exciting as I hope."

He ascended into the car, turning toward the row of compartments and walking in further.  He appeared to be the first to arrive.  The man chose a compartment near the far end of the car, stepping inside to settle in. 

Kaizen

Kaizen smiled as he watched the sleek locomotive glide in to a stop at the station terminal.  He listened to the boarding call announcement and then patted his coat pocket for reassurance that he hadn’t lost his ticket.  With everything in order, he wrestled his luggage over to the baggage check and left them for the clerk to deal with.

Second in line to board, and happy to be free from his luggage, he readied his documents.  The Gentleman ahead of him seemed to be a pleasant fellow,”Thank you.  I'm sure the tour will be as exciting as I hope." He overheard him say.

He smiled to the concierge and handed over his documents.  After the business of boarding the train was complete, Kaizen found his way to the lounge car.  He ordered a bourbon and coke and found a table adjacent to a window that offered a good view.

Aiden

With the first passengers coming in, Aiden was seated in a corner of the "lounge car" on a stool with his legs crossed and his thigh used to hold up the guitar he was still tuning to perfection. The man was dressed in a pair of khaki slacks, black leather showed and a short sleeve button down black shirt. He immediately began to play so those who came in for a drink or a seat would be treated to the sounds of the guitar. He immediately began to play so those who came in for a drink or a seat would be greeted to the sounds of the music. His eyes moved from his hands to the line of people outside the train who were slowly making their ways in, a wink or a nod of his head given to those entering the car he was in.

Starlequin

Starlequin shuffled down the line toward the boarding station, his heavy duffel bouncing over his shoulder and ruffling his floppy, bright red aloha shirt. He noted the fellows ahead ensuring their grips on their own tickets and passports and followed suit, reaching toward his back pocket and touching-

Nothing.

'Quin's eyes widened and he froze in his tracks as he shoved his hand back and forth into the deep, empty pocket. 'OK, OK, stop and think. Be cool, man. You had it this morning on the counter, you put it in your pocket, you had it when you got out of the cab at the sta-'

Waaait a minute...

'Quin dropped his bag to the floor and reached back into his other pocket, and his fingers clamped on the grooved passport cover and enclosed ticket. His heart started beating again, and a smile crossed his face as he snatched his luggage back up over his shoulder. 'Whew! That was too close. It would have killed me to miss this trip, I've been dying for a vacation!'

He sprinted toward the boarding line, his sandals popping against the smooth concrete, and skidded to a stop just as the second fellow stepped onto the train. With a cheesy flourish, he handed the concierge his papers and smiled, looking over the train. "Man, this is gonna be an awesome trip!" He said excitedly, stepping aboard.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Sasha

Sasha makes her way to the train ...dressed to be presentable in emerald green , holding on to her hat of the day ...which does help define the woman's mood . Today she is feeling a bit magical and set for this darling adventure all are raving about . A luxurious train ride ..with fellow members of E ...what a delightful way to get to know everyone . Skipping down the sidewalk ..her bag on wheels behind her and another over her shoulder . My she even managed to brush her hair today and put make-up on . What a good girl Sasha  has been tucking the service menu in her front luggage compartment as it had such a nice outline of things she couldn't leave it behind.

Handing over her ticket ...then of course giving the man a kiss on the cheek as she hoped aboard .  Making her way through the train .. the sound of the guitar and the beat of the music ..made her hips move a bit . " Afternoon all .. " with a wave of the hand.  Seemed the men were a bit more eager this morning as She kicks the bag under a table till someone tells her otherwise what to do . Dances over to the bar and orders a Margarita  to match the tone of the place . Why not ...it is the start of a wonderful journey anyways . 

HockeyGod

alxnjsh found his way to the train station with butterflies in his stomach. Carefully he looks around searching for important clues. No kids...excellent. No hockey players...bummer. The facts caused him to shrug, but not make any changes to his itinerary. Holding a perfectly packet suitcase in his right hand he carefully steps onto the platform and then with a momentary pause, climbs the steps into the train.

Seeing a few familiar faces, alxnjsh smiled. Of course a familiar face appeared in the corner - Ryven. He moved over to his friend and nudged his shoulder. Maybe they weren't butterflies after all.

"Hey, got a barf bucket? I get motion sick."

Kye

Kyrsa handed her ticket to the man waiting for her to board with a smile and stowed her luggage away before joining the others in the dining car.  She glanced around, waving and smiling at those she knew before she made her way to the bar and ordered a Cosmo. 

"Mind if I join you two?" she asked Alx and Ryven a moment later, drink in hand.

Ryven

After finishing the muffin, he had begun to read a book as the others boarded the train.  He was about halfway through a satirical account of Queen Victoria's life which portrayed her as a demon hunter when alxnjsh sat down and nudged his shoulder.  Ryven looked over and his lips curled into a smile.

"Umm, I don't have one, but perhaps the conductor or cocierge--"  He started before spotting a motion sickness bag in his compartment.  He picked it up and handed it to the other man.

"It seems they were prepared for you."  He said with another smile.

When Kyrsa approached, Ryven looked up from his seat to see the beautiful lady holding a drink.

"On one condition...you provide me with one of those."  He said gesturing to the drink in her hand.  "I'll gladly give you a muffin in return along with a seat with us.

Sir Wolfgang

Wolfgang strode briskly up the stairs onto the platform where the Elliquiy Express was boarding, and sighed heavily as his blue-grey eyes fell on the line of passengers waiting to board.

"Great," he muttered, setting his suitcase down to pull his ticket and passport out of the pocket of his black suit jacket, "I knew I should have left the house earlier."

He smiled warmly at the conductor as she punched his ticket, then stepped up into the dining car. As he entered, the sound of guitar music filled his ears, and he smiled. Perhaps this vacation would be fun after all. He sidled up to the bar, and set his suitcase down beside him as he took a seat on a barstool. He removed his black fedora, revealing his touseled blonde hair, and gestured to the bartender.

"Guinness, please," he said with a grin. He turned to survey the passengers who had already arrived, and his eyes fell on the woman dressed in emerald green. He grinned bigger, and turned to take his stout from the bartender. This vacation was already shaping up to be a good idea.

Remiel

Remiel arrived, luggage in hand,  wearing a sweater vest over a long-sleeved shirt.  He had been looking forward to this trip for quite some time.  As an American, he did not get to spend much time visiting Europe, and there really was no better way to tour it than via the Elliquiy Express.  Sunglasses on, an ear bud from his iPod in one ear, he presented his ticket to the concierge, then boarded the train. 

Once on board, he smiled vaguely at his fellow passengers and ordered a Guinness stout before finding an empty seat.   He opened his laptop bag, retrieving from it that day's newspaper.  He read through the headlines, then the sports pages to follow the latest football scores (and groaning when he saw that Man. U. had lost again), then flipped to the crossword puzzles.  He loved doing crosswords.  He felt it kept his mind sharp, and sometimes, when he was feeling daring, would do them in pen.

Valerian

Val was here thanks to sheer luck.  On a whim, she'd entered a contest that had offered, among other prizes, tickets for this trip.  Knowing she'd never, ever win anything in a million years, let alone the grand prize, she entered anyway for the fun of it.  When the news had arrived that she'd won, she'd come close to passing out.

Now, of course, she was doing her best to look nonchalant even in the face of all this opulence.  It wasn't working very well, but she didn't really mind.  She was having much too much fun.  Once her baggage was settled, she took out the itinerary and started rereading it, even though she had nearly every word memorized by now.  At last she tucked it into the book she was reading, took another look around the lush lounge car, and got herself a glass of juice and a place to sit.  The chairs were just as plush and comfortable as they looked, and she sighed happily to herself as she settled in.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Pixilicious

As the guests started to socialize with each other, Pixilicious walked back into the carriage.   She knew that night was fast approaching and had to make a point of giving out the Carriage Assignments before it got to be too late.

A few steps in, she paused and a group of appropriately, by stylishly dressed staff moved around her carrying platters with little black velvet jewelry boxes, each tied with red ribbon in a perfect bow.  One by one, they silently placed the boxes on the table in front of each of the passengers, seemingly knowing the identity of each by sight.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Christmas is coming early this year for you.  Your suite key and some gifts are contained within the boxes you were just given.  Thank you again for traveling on board the Elliquiy express.  Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time through the buzzer located in each suite - I will be only too happy to help.  All suites are now ready and your luggage has been delivered however please do not feel rushed.  The lounge car is open twenty four hours a day and you may relax here as long as you desire."

With a bow and a flourish, she moved back and left the carriage, trailed by the staff.

When the passengers open the boxes, they find the keys made of solid gold, engraved with a carriage and suite number.

Carriage ACarriage BCarriage CCarriage D
Suite 1:Sir WolfgangSuite 1:Beguile's Mistress
Suite 1:ImogenSuite 1:Marguerite
Suite 2: RemielSuite 2: StarlequinSuite 2:BarnbeanSuite 2:Ryven
Suite 3: Kyrsa
Suite 3:SashaSuite 3:AlxnjshSuite 3:Random Civilian
Suite 4:KaizenSuite 4:ValerianSuite 4:SpellSuite 4:Ariadne

Aiden

Looks like I'll be joining those in Carriage B tonight..
Aiden smiles to himself after seeing the arrangements during a quick break and mingling at the bar, returning to his small stage and taking up his instrument again. He plays a combination of Spanish guitar tunes and any special request that are made late into the evening until the passengers begin to retreat to their sleeping cars for the evening.

Sasha

Sasha drinks her Margarita and thanks the Pixi for the boxed gift ... as the beautiful woman seems to instruct all about the wonders of the train . Captivated by this woman as she turns and seems to greet everyone on board. Trying not to eaves drop but a few of the people that have boarded the Train , she has not yet had the privilege of  getting to know elsewhere . Noticing a few Others that she does know a slight nod of the head is extended to them .

Opening up my little box of sweetness ...Reading the key telling me about my sleeping arrangements for the night umm Carriage B . Wondering who all else might be joining me as it is all quite exciting this trip . Sipping my drink and enjoying the lovely music Aiden has provided . Sir Wolfgang ordering his beer .as did  Remiel ..seeing he had brought a laptop ..oh my not able to leave the internet behind it seems . Addiction is quite interesting to watch anyways .

Moving over to find out what Remiel was doing ...since he pulled out a newspaper and was writing on it , slightly surprised it was crossword puzzles . Well now it had been awhile since Sasha had done anything like that ..humming  and returning to her drink for she seriously didn't want to show how stupid she might be. Since Remiel was busy and seemed content ..Sasha asked Sir Wolfgang ... " Would you like to dance ?" still with a slight sway to her hips enjoying the music being offered. " My name is Sasha ..and what might yours be ?"

Random Civilian

If there was ever a time that the random civilian had ever clutched anything as tightly as she had held her passport and train ticket, she couldn’t remember it.  The imprints that were left behind on the passport’s worn cover would likely remain there for some time.  Fortunately for her, they had not hurt the valuable identification that was housed inside.  After spending some time to convince the staff that she was indeed who she claimed to be, the civilian had been allowed to board.

To her, the train was an absolute marvel.  Not only that, but so were the other passengers.  It had been some time since she’d seen so many attractive people all in the same place and in person. On top of that, the concierge had just mentioned something about gifts… She couldn’t help but grin at her good fortune. Lady Luck may be a fickle mistress, but quite obviously, she was currently on the civilian’s side.

Soon after boarding, the civilian had, at first, hidden herself away.    She sat, for a short moment, a few rows away from where the bulk of the guests had been gathering.  However, when the train’s staff had begun to hand out their delicate boxes, she couldn’t help but begin to feel her curiosity take over.  After carefully opening her own box and seeing its contents, she came over to claim a seat that was closer to the bar.  From her new position, she was able to get a better view of the other guests and wondered which among them would be sharing her carriage that night.

Ariadne

Ariadne barely made it to the station let alone onto the train proper. Having a fright that very morning when she realized she had misplaced her travel itinerary, tickets and passport in the recent move. Thankfully her cat had seen fit to sleep on the items keeping them safe until Ariadne realized where she had placed them.

After boarding the train in a mad rush - Ari hated being late to anything - she sat down and tried to let the stress of the week bleed away, looking out the window she saw the car that brought her to the station leave...along with her luggage in the back seat...Ariadne cursed under her breath and looked down at her feet reflexively for her purse. Sighing at the sight of the large brown bag Ariadne sank back into the plush chair. It looked like she was going to have to go shopping for new clothes. A smile twitched the corners of her mouth. Oh the horror... 

The small box all tied up with a pretty bow distracted Ariadne from her thoughts for a moment. Curious, she opened the box and found that she was going to be staying in Carriage D...which made sense since she hadn't had the time to make a request when she booked the trip.

I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Sir Wolfgang

Wolfgang turned and smiled at the woman before him. "I'm Wolfgang," he said with a slight bow, "And I'd be honored to share a dance with you." He stood, placing his money on the bar "One more for me after my dance, and whatever the lady orders is on me."

He extended his arm to the woman before him and smiled at her once again. "Sasha, eh?" he said, "That's a beautiful name."

Starlequin

'Quin sat very quietly in his seat, bobbing his head to the music filling his head from the mp3 player in his pocket and watching the arriving passengers. He was very much looking forward to meeting them all, but he'd always found it wise to observe people for at least a few minutes before approaching them. Or being approached, for that matter. People-watching was one of his favorite sports, and although he'd never managed to sharpen his deductive skills through it he had certainly stretched his imagination. The writer in him loved to create characters based on those he watched, and 'Quin could tell he'd almost definitely have a new notebook's worth of thoughts by the end of this trip. He debated on whether to enjoy one of the juice boxes he'd brought in his bag, or to hit the bar. After a few seconds, the juice box lost.

'Quin ambled over to the bar, carefully avoiding the dancers and knocked quietly on the counter. "Hey, mate, can I get a Scotch on the rocks?"

With a silent smile, the bartender slid him his beverage and 'Quin tipped it to him in salute. "Thanks, pal." He leaned back against the bar and sipped his drink, enjoying the smooth harmonies of the guitar lilting through the cabin.

Sasha

Quote from: Sir Wolfgang on July 22, 2010, 01:47:15 PM
Wolfgang turned and smiled at the woman before him. "I'm Wolfgang," he said with a slight bow, "And I'd be honored to share a dance with you." He stood, placing his money on the bar "One more for me after my dance, and whatever the lady orders is on me."

He extended his arm to the woman before him and smiled at her once again. "Sasha, eh?" he said, "That's a beautiful name."

Sasha smiled ...oh my another drink ...hopefully two don't make the poor woman pass out or ummm worse . The naughty evil twin always comes out with Alcohol and one must behave themselves on the E train it was in the bylaws. Well she could pace herself silly lush anyways .Leaning in ... " Why thank-you ...Sir Wolf-gang ..tell me ...do you growl in a woman's ear as well .. or purr like a kitten . " giggling as she slips her arm in his ...till they find a nice place to dance .  Leaning up into the man as the woman moved following his well guided footsteps ..enjoying the music and the atmosphere .

Giving a wink to Aiden ...as he looked up from playing ...maybe others would join in the dance . Though it did seem a few late arrivals were boarding the train . A few very sexy women too ...as Sasha took in Valerian .Returning her attention back to Wolfgang what a interesting name .  " So tell me a bit about yourself ....your dancing is divine by the way ..so good of you to indulge me in a bit of playfulness . Life is so wonderful when one makes it fun  don't you think . "   as the woman continued to move about the train car ..enjoying herself .

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped into the carriage and turned, looking at the passengers.  "It's nice to see that you all have settled in.  I do hope that you enjoyed the gifts provided, and that your carriage suites are to your satisfaction.  I wanted to bid everyone a good night as it has grown quite dark outside.  I hope everyone sleeps well and has the most pleasant of dreams." 

"Tomorrow morning, we shall reach our first destination, which according to the itinerary, are the breath-taking Ural Mountains.  I do hope everyone has packed something warm, as the temperatures there do tend to get a bit chilly.  The bar, and other amenities will stay open throughout the night.  Again, I wish you all a very good night."

With that, the pleasant Concierge turned, and walked back towards the front of the train for the night, intent on getting some much needed rest.

Marguerite

Grabbing her key, she nodded to the passengers in her group. "I did bring along a hookah given as a gift from the dear Eden. Much sad shi could not join us on the trip but wished all the best of luck."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Remiel

Remiel shut his laptop, packed up his newspaper, nodded amiably at the other passengers.  When he got to his carriage, he made small-talk with Kaizen, Kyrsa, and Sir Wolfgang, eager to know the details about those who he'd share a car with.

Ryven

Ryven perks up at the mention of a hookah.  "A hookah, you say?  Could I join you in partaking of a bit of smoking?"  He said to the lovely Marg.

Marguerite

Quote from: Ryven on July 24, 2010, 04:19:12 PM
Ryven perks up at the mention of a hookah.  "A hookah, you say?  Could I join you in partaking of a bit of smoking?"  He said to the lovely Marg.

"Why of course Ryven and Eden was kind enough to give me a few different flavored tobacco. I am thinking peppermint but she also gave me pumpkin spice. You can choose since I hope to get through the bags in the next few days of the trip," she answered, nodding to Ryven.

Ryven

"Peppermint sounds just divine right about now.  Please, if you will prepare the pipe, I will go fetch some tea to accompany."  He said rather excitedly before leaving the compartment to procure a selection of teas.

Marguerite

Clapping her hands, Marguerite was delighted to enjoy a spot of tea and a pipe with Ryven. She was sad though for Eden would have wanted to partake in the tea sipping as well. "Damn that vemin for having to clean up the scandal in Brussels," she muttered, shaking her head before she went off to prepare the pipe to smoke.

Sir Wolfgang

The comment from Sasha caused the good Sir to blush as they danced, and his mind wandered to a very inappropriate place indeed.

"Well," he said with a grin, "My grandfather's name was Wolfgang, and it sort of stuck. You're quite the dance partner as well." The song ended, and the man bowed, kissing his partner's hand softly, mischief sparkling in his grey-blue eyes.

"Thank you for the marvelous dance, my dear," he said, smiling. "For now, though, I fear I must return to my cabin for the evening; I must catch up on my writing." He turned, picking up his small box with a toss and a catch, and departed towards his cabin.

Upon his arrival to the spacious room, he stowed his bag and quickly changed into his pajamas. He needed to finish a few more pages of his book tonight. Settling in a comfy armchair, he set his notebook on his lap, and began writing, humming quietly to himself.

Sasha

Oh a kiss to the hand ...after such a lovely dance . One's heart beats to a strange rhythm and a sweet sigh escapes as the Sasha watches the backside of that wonderful man . Such a nice sway of profound ...umm umm umm.  Well now back to that second drink that was ordered as the woman lifts it up . " To a wonderful Trip .."  toasting to those remaining .

Heading over to sit near the musician if Aiden was still playing ...as she could always nibble on his ear or something . Least she wanted to nibble on his ear as the warmth of her buzz grew ..the excitement of the trip all the work in packing seemed to of played off quite well .  The lull of the sound of the train as it went down the tracks and the beautiful countryside .

Yawning ...she smiled at Aiden . " Thank-you for the beautiful music ....you do seem to have many talents  to unveil . " Tipping the drink back ...with a smile , winking flirt ....as it seemed time to turn into her carriage . As she did indeed wonder whom all would share the carriage with her . Hopefully a bit of small talk to get to know them all . As she climbed up in a top bunk ...such beautiful women  to be in the company with . Not to mention the masked man that held the Sasha's interest ..such details in the design.

Imogen

She always tried to be in time, but somehow there was always something that prevented her from arriving before the party started. There was a shoe missing - found later under the bed, or she had forgotten to bring the exact change to pay the driver, or she had misplaced her ticket. Or, on a bad day, all of those conspired to delay her. She had seen the black outline of the Elliquiy Express in the distance but the platform seemed so long and her shoes weren't made for running. Her skirts flared as she forgot all decorum and ran towards the last carriage.

As the whistle sounded, she leapt onto the footboard, extending her hands to a stranger. She was hauled aboard just as a shock vibrated through the train and the Elliquiy Express set in motion. "Thank you", she stammered, throwing a look over her shoulder to the station until the train rounded a corner and she could no longer see the platform nor the cart that contained her luggage. James would take care of that, she hoped, but it wasn't a true concern. She had her pencils, she had paper and she was HERE, on board the Elliquiy Express for the journey of a lifetime, and that was all that mattered.

When she arrived at the dining area, she was directed to a table where a package with her name on it already awaited her arrival. The gold key was met with smiles and she held it up to the candle light, admiring the soft glow of the precious metal. Her scrutiny was interrupted by the lovely Pixilicious and Imogen listened with breathless anticipation. "The Ural Mountains?" She exclaimed happily. "Isn't that in Russia? Oh, I hope I will have time to sketch!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aiden

am-e7 spanish guitar looping John H. Clarke live from the guitarCAM

His hands had been playing the majority of the evening and he was starting to feel the ache in his fingers, even he needed time to rest but as he saw Sasha sway over his way he had a feeling his masterful hands were not done that evening. The final song of the night began to play, a fast paced song that perhaps reflected his own blossoming eagerness to chase after her.
"Thank you...good night..."
He simply mumbled with a bottle of liquor in hand and a salute to the passengers, his prize guitar left on the stand for another day. Aiden had every intention on bringing out that naughty Sasha out that evening, she was always fun for a "romp in the hay".

Kaizen

Quote from: Sasha on July 25, 2010, 05:19:32 PM
" To a wonderful Trip .."  toasting to those remaining .

Kaizen raised his glass with the woman's toast and polished off the contents of his glass.  Nodding a good evening to those he passed, Kaizen retired for the evening.

Upon arriving at his assigned carriage he met the others that were given matching golden keys to the cabin.  He nodded greeting them and making introductions.

Barnbean

As if a life wasn't comedic enough while strutting around with a name like Barnbean, it seemed that he was destined for a much more stooge-esque existence. At least that was how it felt as he realized that being fashionably late may have been a grand thing if you were attending a fancy gala or a ball or even a drunken frat party, but when it came to catching a train, late meant you were moments from being left behind at the station. Cursing all things conductorial and wondering why anyone even rode in a train anymore when the relative luxury of things like stage coaches and hay wagons were available... sarcasm yay.... he raced along to the train with images of it having pulled away already in his mind.

Glad to see that the train had not left him and that he would not need to twirl his invisible mustache and snarl before devising a plan to ride one of those silly up and down motion train carts as he desperately chased down a little red caboose, Barnbean boarded the mythical... albeit far from mythical, it just sounded better than slow and clunky... train. Resisting the urge to utter some stoogey dialogue and become the comic foil of life, he slipped past people as he tried to find his assigned carriage.

Starlequin

'Quin finished the last of his scotch and sat the glass down on the bar. He returned to his seat and grabbed his box and key, determining to introduce himself to the other passengers tomorrow. For now, he was surprisingly tired, and decided to adjourn to his own carriage. 'Let's see...B2. Bingo!' He thought to himself as he made his way through the lounge toward the sleeping cars. 'Wonder who my bunkmates will be tonight? Please, please, please, don't let them all be beautiful women, I'll be too shy to say a word...' He reached the lounge door, mentally kicking himself. 'What kind of attitude is that?! What's wrong with me? I'm on one of the most luxurious trains on the planet, on vacation to exotic locales and all that. If now's not the perfect chance to be someone I'm not for a little while, I don't know what is...'

Starlequin plastered a smile on his face and stepped into B Carriage, fishing out his key and unlocking his suite. 'Oh, stars....it's bigger than my apartment!'

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile hurried along the platform taking one or two quick glances over her shoulder to make sure the porter was following closely with her luggage.  Of all the days for a breakdown it would have to be this day when she was anxious to be on time.  And then the traffic!  It had been a nightmare and she had nearly died thinking they wouldn't make the train.  She'd have had a coronary if that had happened.  She had made it with time to spare and hurried to board leaving the porter to deal with her luggage, find her carriage assignment and deliver her bags. 

Silk dress and cashmere coat swirling around her knees Beguile burst into the lounge breathless and excited. 

"Hello, all my fellow passengers," she cried to the room at large and divested herself of her outer garments dropping them carelessly over a vacant seat.  She gave an order for a Black Russian to a passing waiter as looked around the room.  She was curious to see of she knew any of the other passengers.   However, before she could complete that task she was distracted by the waiter delivering her drink and a handsome carved box.  She took the box from the tray, motioning for the waiter to set the drink on a nearby table.  Upon opening the tiny casket she discovered a golden key and the designation of her suite for the night.  With a smile she pocketed the key and the note and sat the wooden box on top of her coat then picked up her drink and took a healthy swallow.

Sasha

QuoteStarlequin plastered a smile on his face and stepped into B Carriage, fishing out his key and unlocking his suite. 'Oh, stars....it's bigger than my apartment!'

Sasha smiled at the man coming in .... " Are you sure ? "   as she giggled and hung her hat up on a nail . " My name is Sasha ....tis a pleasure to meet you ....so do love your mask . It is so ....well sexy comes to mind . "   giving him a little wink . " I called the top bunk ....you should take the bottom in case I roll out of bed ...then you can catch me . "

Laughing some ...then as she hung up her magical hat well there was nothing magical about it really . One just liked to think so . " So is this your first time traveling on a train , going to Europe ....I am rather excited about everything . "   as Sasha climbed up into the Top Bunk .

Starlequin

"Meep! I mean, er...why, hello there!" 'Quin said with a startled grin, blushing a little under his mask. He'd forgotten he was wearing it, actually, but he was quite relieved to know it still looked...well, probably not 'fashionable', but at least one person liked it!

"Oh, my name is Starlequin, but you can call me 'Quin. Everyone does...or well, no, they don't, but they can! I mean, er, I don't mind if...oh, yeah, sure, the top bunk, um, help yourself! I mean, I'll be glad to catch you. Not that I'd be chasing you or anything, of course not, I meant if you fell! I mean, I won't be just waiting for you to fall, that would be rude, but if you did..."

'Quin felt like he was watching a horror show as he listened to himself gibbering like an idiot in front of the beautiful woman. 'Ah, there's that natural charm, eh 'Quin? As ever, smooth as a bag of gravel, you are. What are you gonna do for an encore, pelt her with a donut and sing folk tunes? For the love of night, shut up while she still thinks you're only a moron!'

At length, he finally managed to shut his mouth and take a slow, deep breath. It was alright, this wasn't the first first impression he'd ever scrubbed, but he was reasonably sure he could still come off as...well, not 'cool', certainly, but definitely 'likeable'. He took a quick second to marshal his words into something a little less chaotic than his first attempt at conversation had been, and nodded agreeably.

"Um, yes, this is my first train trip. I've never been to Europe, but from the look of things it should be a really great trip! Have you, er, I mean, is this your first time on the E.E.?"

Sasha

Sasha folded her hands in front of her ...now Quin was just too cute ..as he stuttered and stammered about trying to pick his words . Nervous little fellow wasn't he . Quivering and shaking ...with such a delightful , darling ...oh the thoughts that rolled through her head at that moment . Trying to remember ..pg13 ...pg13 .  With a drawn in deep breath and a heavy sigh .

When the poor man finished what else could one do really but lean down and give him a kiss on the cheek . A soft little lingering peck . As the woman pulled back with a smile her other hand ran down his chin .. " Your just too cute , Quin ...so glad to share a carriage with you . Do try to relax ...I promise no one will bite you too hard anyways . Wonder who all else will be joining us this night ."  giving him a wink .

As she needed to get some sleep really ..but laid awake as her mind filled with all the wonderful sights they might get to see . The company to be shared on this train ...never having been to Europe this seemed like winning the lottery to her and she was full of bottled up excitement .

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped into the dining carriage promptly at 8AM the next morning.  Much to her delight and surprise, she saw that there were many passengers who looked like they had not even retired for the night.  She was happy that they were having fun and bonding considerably with each other.

However, that happiness would not last long as she remembered her reason for being in the carriage that early in the morning.  It seemed that there was a good bit of sad news that she had to deliver to her passengers this morning.

There had been a death on board the train during the night.
Valerian had been found in her bunk this morning, cold and dead, an empty syringe sticking out of the vein in her neck.  The security on board the train weren't able to find anything that might lead to who might have done such a horrible thing to Pixilicious' darling Train Conductor, and the company that she worked for was busy finding a replacement for the rest of the trip, that they would pick up at their next stop.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the young Concierge said, her voice somber.  "It is my regret to inform you that there has been a death last night.  Valerian, whom some of you have already met, was found murdered in her suite this morning.  As of the present time, security is investigating this matter.  If anyone has any information that they might find helpful in this investigating, they are urged to come forward.  It is a sad loss, and she will be missed greatly..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your first post in this thread, following this message, please choose someone from the following list, whom you feel is responsible for Valerian's murder.  The person with the most votes, will unfortunately come to an end of their journey with the Elliquiy Express.

Current List of Players:
Alxnjsh
Ariadne
Barnbean
Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kaizen
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Random Civilian
Remiel
Ryven
Sasha
Sir Wolfgang
Spell
Starlequin

Ryven

After a lovely night smoking the hookah and drinking tea, he awoke to find the rather ghastly news.  They were now without a train conductor.  Someone must pay the price.

"Well, I think Beguile's Mistress had something to do with it.  She was in the same carriage, after all."  He said as he drank his morning tea.

Sir Wolfgang

Wolfgang sat at a table near a window, sipping a cup of coffee when Pixi announced the news of Valerian's tragic demise.

"That Starlequin certainly seemed like a suspicious character to me," he muttered, before burying his nose back in his notebook. "Particularly since they were in the same carriage as she was."

Imogen

Imogen interrupted her sketching of Wolfgang's profile, several tables away from her own seat when Pixi arrived with the terrible news. "Murder?" She stuttered. "Here?" Her pencil clattered to the table and she rubbed her hands nervously. "I can't believe it!"  She overheard Wolfgang's comment and looked towards the door, anxious for new arrivals. "That Beguile's Mistress seemed like the sneaky type", she mused. "It's all in the shape of the eyes."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Pixilicious

Votes:
Beguile's Mistress: 6
Sasha:3
Starlequin:4

Not Yet Voted:  Random Civilian

HockeyGod

alxnjsh shook his head. "What a pity, Valerian had such a promising career in the circus." Eyes wandered to him quixotically. "Oh, didn't you know? She was in charge of polishing the sword swallower's sword." He took a sip from his decaf coffee. "I wouldn't want to be put in a carriage with Starlequin. That rap sheet has got to be pages long."

Ryven

He nearly spits his tea across the room upon hearing alx's comments, but after composing himself he eyes the man with a smirk.  "Would you care to join me in my compartment for breakfast?"  A grin played across his lips.

HockeyGod

alxnjsh set down his coffee cup and thought for a moment. His eyes moved around the room. "Um...why yes...yes I would." He stood up, linked an arm in Ryven's and the two made off to enjoy the company.

Barnbean

"A murder most foul..." Barnbean muttered to himself as he heard the murmurs starting to sprout up everywhere. It was yet another reason why a hay wagon was better that traveling by train. Horses didn't jump you in your sleep and kill you. Hay bales sat motionless and unless you had allergies you weren't about to get killed by one. But on a train? Well only lunatics and conductors rode trains. And you couldn't trust either of them.

Barnbean laughed lightly to himself and shook his head. Quoting Agatha Christie, debating if hay could kill. He was losing his mind... or at least that was how he figured he would look. The fact he had little mind to lose? Well he was laughing to himself after a murder. And only one person should laugh after a murder. The murderer. And that wasn't him, it was someone else, someone shifty and murderer-y. Someone like Sasha.

Ariadne

Ariadne had stayed up all night simply listening. Listening to the music, the quiet banter and well...just everything. When Pixi arrived to tell them that there had been a death, Ari was just about to head to her assigned carriage to try and sleep before addressing the matter of clothing. The news made her rethink her plans. She ordered another coffee and some breakfast instead deciding maybe it was better and perhaps safer to stay in the lounge carriage.

As she sipped her coffee -which was actually more chocolate than anything with the amount of creamer she dumped into it -she thought about Ryven's declaration that Beguile's Mistress might have something to do with it. It seemed a logical conclusion to come too although that meant that anyone else in the carriage might have had something to do with it as well. With a sigh Ariadne sat back wondering if she would ever be able to take a trip somewhere and simply be able to enjoy it.

I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Sasha

Sasha had awaken after a great nights sleep ..the train had just lulled and rocked her like a baby ...okay so maybe the alcohol helped . Still , not being one to drink often she had a hangover and had moved out to have a fresh cup of coffee , nice and black and strong . Ummmmm the taste of it was priceless. As she squirmed in her chair ..drinking in the heavenly liquid to awaken her soul . Wearing a delightful hat that signified her mood , just waking up with a hint of promise of a good day ahead .

Then the beautiful Pixi spoke of the demise of the Train conductor ....what did she say ....oh my dead ?  The Train conductor , further talk lead her to understand that woman was killed in the very carriage she had slept in . Suddenly the coffee didn't taste so good . Looking to Quin the man with the mask ...and then to Beguile's in her sexy little lingerie. Such a tease she did seem , so interested in the bag of toys . Oh yes Beguile's had to of done it out of fit of jealousy cause that stammering man with a mask couldn't possibly had the balls , shit he could barely talk .

Looking at the two men leaving ..Ryven and Alxnjsh ...oh yea like one didn't know what those two were sneaking back to a carriage to do . Men all they think with is there ...with a heavy sigh . Though there was Barnbean ..the self proclaimed male nun ...that man avoided sex like the plague along with a few other things . Looking at me now with those accusing eyes the frigid bastard . Getting to feel a bit uncomfortable as Sasha stays silent and looks out the window a shiver running down her spine ..with a killer on the loose , oh my she could be next . Maybe this train wasn't such a good idea after all ..her mood changing she might need to go find a black hat with a veil . As the sadness spread through the woman moved to change ...no longer hungry for pastries . Giving a smile to Ariadne ..before leaving .

Kaizen

Kaizen joined Sir Wolfgang at his table for breakfast.  He choked when Pixilicious announced the news to the dining car.  His lips clamped shut trying to keep the milk from escaping.  The milk had decided to take the scenic route out of his nose.

Wiping his face with his napkin, he listened to the other housguests murmurings.  His mind was made up, he agreed with Sir Wolfgang and alxnjsh that Starlequin was the guilty one. 

"How can we trust someone that wears a mask?" he asked Sir Wolfgang.

Remiel

Remiel joined his fellow passengers from boxcar A -- Sir Wolfgang and Kaizen -- for breakfast.  Like them, his pockets were considerably emptier, the three of them having been cleaned out by Kyrsa in last night's poker game. 

"Good morning, friends...what happened?" he asked, noticing their drawn faces.  When he heard about the lovely Valerian's murder, he too looked startled and shaken.  "I see," he said slowly.  "She was in carriage B last night; that means that her murderer could only have been one of three suspects."

It was extremely difficult to speculate; after all, he knew absolutely nothing about Beguile's Mistress, Sasha, or Starlequin.  If he had his way, he would put them all off at the next stop, but that wasn't the rules of the train.

"I disagree," he said, after listening to Kaizen.  "A murderer wouldn't act that oddly.  He--or she--would try to act as normal as possible, to avert suspicion.  If I had to accuse anyone--and I really have nothing to go by at this point--I would start with Beguile's Mistress."

Sir Wolfgang

"My sentiments exactly," Wolfgang said, taking a bit of his bagel with cream cheese. "I simply got a bad vibe from him the moment I laid eyes on him. Although, given the way Kyrsa skunked us at poked last evening, I wouldn't put anything past her, either."

Kye

Kyrsa had heard the news as she wound her way through the dining cabin, spotting her cabin mates from the night before she took a seat with them, arching an eyebrow at Sir Wolfgang.  "Now now... I may have had good luck last night but that doesn't mean that I'm a bad person at all.  I promised you boys a round of drinks, and before the night is through all of that money will have been spent and we will all have a grand time... or at least attempt to..." she trailed off, her expression sobering considerably as her thoughts turned towards their deceased companion.

"I simply can't believe that any of them would be responsible for her death.  I suppose if I have to voice my opinion I would vote for Sasha... please forgive me if I am wrong," she turned back to her companions, sipping her coffee in silence.

Beguile's Mistress

Having slept in after nearly missing the departure the night before Beguile's Mistress stumbles sleepily into the lounge to hear about the murder and gasps in astonishment that someone would accuse her of committing it.

"Oh, for the love of Heaven!" she cried stomping her foot in frustration.  "I can't stand needles!  I faint at the sight of blood!  I needed a sedative just to get my vaccinations for this trip."  She stood looking around at the assembled passengers, both hands clasped to her stomach, her skin a pasty shade tinged with green.  "Just the thought of sticking a needle in someone's neck makes me nauseous." 

In desperation she cried out a name Starlequin, it being the last name she heard and fainted dead away.

Kaizen

Quote from: Kyrsa on July 29, 2010, 02:36:16 PM
"Now now... I may have had good luck last night but that doesn't mean that I'm a bad person at all.  I promised you boys a round of drinks, and before the night is through all of that money will have been spent and we will all have a grand time... or at least attempt to..."

"Drinks sound great, I'll definately take you up on that."  wanting to change the subject, "So, the Ural Mountains today, what are your plans for today's stop?" he asked those at the table.

"I think I want to try some snowboarding..."  he said just before Beguile's Mistress fainted.  "Oh dear!"

Kaizen rushed over to the unconscious woman and helped her to a chair, fanning her with one of the menus available.

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile revived enough to avoid being a dead weight when Kaizen helped her from the floor an into a chair.  She leaned back and let the draft from the fanning menu wash over her as the icy chills and sick-to-her-stomach feeling passed.  In a moment she was sitting up on her own and smiling nervously at those who were staring at her.

"I'm so sorry," she said, "I don't know what came over me!  I suppose the shock of a murder of one of our fellow passengers overcame me and to hear that some of you think I had a hand in it is just so distressing."  She put a hand to her forehead and pushed the heavy auburn waves back from her face.

"What can I do?  How can I convince you I had nothing to do with this?  I was so tired I took a sleeping pill so I could relax and didn't hear a thing all night.  I can't believe that poor woman was killed.  Oh, how horrible.  I don't feel the least bit safe now.  Oh..."

Her voice became high pitched and it looked as though she was in danger of becoming hysterical.

Starlequin

Starlequin had barely exited his carriage when the Concierge's voice had rung clearly through the cabins bearing the news of the Conductor's murder. His heart fell for a moment, mourning the poor woman and lamenting her lost opportunity to enjoy what should have been a marvelous trip. But as he cracked the door to the lounge, he heard something that stopped him in his tracks: his name, being bandied about as a suspect! He quickly hid for a few minutes with his back to the door, intent on gleaming as much from the varied conversational snippets as he could manage.

Hm, only three possible suspects, eh? Well, he knew perfectly well it wasn't him. He hadn't met the other one they were talking about, Beguile's Mistress, but that Sasha he'd spoken with had seemed perfectly pleasant. However, life had taught him that murderers could be the nicest folk you'd ever meet; it wouldn't stop them from slitting your throat. Oh, damn, it was just like that business in Chicago all over again!

He let out a weary sigh, straightened his shoulders and adjusted his mask. So, they didn't trust men in masks? Well, that was just their problem. It was true 'Quin was usually a quiet, soft-spoken sort of fellow, but he wasn't without a little fire in his gut no matter what anyone else believed. He turned on his heel and slammed the lounge door open, stormed in among his fellow passengers and squinted hard at his accusers (whichever ones were still present, anyway), hands clasped calmly behind his back. He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Ladies and Gents, forgive me my tardiness in joining you this morning. I've just heard the dreadful news about Miss Valerian. Tragic, that. However, I've also heard far more sinister notions, and some of them need to be addressed post-haste. Firstly, my 'rap sheet', as I've heard it put, couldn't be more than a couple hundred feet at maximum, and honestly, who among us hasn't shoplifted a turtle or a scented candle here and there? Secondly, as to the matter of my mask, I simply find them terribly comfortable and think everyone will be wearing them in the future. So there. Thirdly, if anyone on this train is the most logical suspect in this heinous crime, it must be...Beguile's Mistress! Why, she's already admitted her proximity to needles before joining us aboard; how easily could she have snagged a syringe full of...of...of whatever it was while at her physician's office, thoughts of murder already stewing in her dark heart?" 'Quin pointed a finger at the swooning woman and took a moment to breathe; he always hated making dramatic speeches, they were more taxing than triatholons. He lowered his finger and continued.

"And last, but not least...are there any more of those bagels left?"

Beguile's Mistress

"How cold blooded of you," Beguile cried pointing at 'Quin.  "You kill a woman in the night, blame an innocent passenger for the murder and eat a meal over the body of the dead!"  Beguile shuddered and looked away from him then squared her shoulders and turned back.

"Cold blooded, as in cold... blooded... murder..."  She enunciated each word with dramatic fervor and stared directly into 'Quin's eyes.

Starlequin

"Dut-dut-dut-dut-dut, whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow down, there, little miss...killer..person! I'm not blaming anyone innocent; I'm blamin' you. And I'm not gonna eat anything over the body of the dead; that'd be kinda gross. I was going to sit at one of those tables over there. The body of the dead is probably still back there in her cabin," 'Quin said, thumbing back over his shoulder. "And furthermore...everybody else is eating breakfast, how come I'm the only one you're accusing of being cold-blooded? Which isn't true, by the way. Why, I'm as warm-blooded and compassionate as a...as a...well, as a thing that has really warm blood and cares a lot about stuff!"

Starlequin was the first to admit his way with metaphors was sadly lacking, but in his defense it was always hard to be witty in the morning. Well, maybe not for everyone, but he'd certainly never managed it and he'd gotten on fairly well so far despite the handicap so he figured it was alright.

HockeyGod

"Jeepers criminies Ryven." alxnjsh opened the door to the carriage, his face flush and brow creased. He licked his lips and cleared his throat. "I'm telling you I dominated!" It had been draining and alxnjsh barely had the strength to continue. Ryven was just taking to way too far...too damn far. He looked back into the room. "Oh don't whine - you know you liked it! As if a bishop could save you! Ha!"

Eyes once again turned to him.

"What? We were playing chess."

alxnjsh stepped back out in the main area just as Beguile's Mistress over dramatized her line. Starlequin then jumped into the fray. alxnjsh could only smile. Fuel to the fire, fuel to the fire. "Jeepers, BeMi, you better be careful. Starlequin might kill you next! He ain't looking too friendly like."

Ryven

He followed Alx from the compartment, a whine in his voice.  "I should have known you would have used that strategy to take advantage when my rear was vulnerable.  I'll make sure to take better precautions next time."

He eyed everyone else with a smile, nodding in agreement with Alx.  "Yes, chess."

Sasha

Sasha returned ...wearing a black hat with a veil . there was a death to be a mourning anyways . God lets hope its not like that Green thingy movie where they make the woman into this little disks and feed her to the poor . Though changing into her short little black dress in the carriage she knew a murder had happened in was a bit much . Stepping around alxnjsh as he proclaimed he was just playing chess .

" Yea right Alxnjsh and we were all born yesterday . " as she waved a hand dismissing him . Who cares how those boys had their fun . finding a seat and trying to avoid the finger pointing drama of her other prior cabin mates. One thing was for sure one of them killed the poor woman as she moved to the bar ..." Kaluah and coffee please make it a double . " might as well try warming her depressed soul up ..force down some food it was going to be a long day . All the accusations floating around ..drama on the Elliquiy Express , sighs ...that rears its ugly head everywhere don't it .

She would order a western style omelet ..with some salsa and wheat bread ...all this was making her hungry . Maybe she could get Aiden to give her a back massage to help relax those muscles . Since she was so tense from the knife throwing going on around the place . Squirming in her chair some as the mind dwelt on the idea .

Barnbean

One little murder on one little train and everyone was acting like their worlds had come to an end. It wasn't like the train engineer was dead. It wasn't like someone had planted a bomb in the baggage car and they were racing at some random city while communist agents patrolled the halls and bashed people randomly in the head and ogled the ladies. This wasn't a Stephan Segal movie. They weren't all overweight actors with receding hairlines and the acting skills of a well used sock. They were regular people on a train. Someone had died. Clearly the killer was still at large. Possibly playing a silly game like hiding under  black hat and veil. As if they were in mourning. Or the grim reaper.

Ominous. But far more truthful than jumping around like in a movie, or playing Agatha Christie level detective and trying to deduce silly things. Barnbean just stayed off to the side, let all the silliness continue. And watched as real life unfolded like a cheap movie.

Marguerite

Marguerite left her box with smoke billowing from her mouth. It seemed someone had gotten out of hand last night and murdered a passenger. "Mmm, maybe they should have taken a bit of the hookah to keep this mayhem from happening. I must say Beguile is being looked at as a possible and while I was a bit relaxed last night, she might have had her own type of fun."

Spell

Spell had been in his suite the entire time, for the first time appearing into the train. His hair looked rather messy, and it seemed like he had a very rought night. Actually the first passenger to board on the train, unsuspectingly, he directly asked for his suite key the day before, and before anyone had even seen him, he was already fast asleep.

He walked into to where the passengers were, only to find everyone pointing and accusing eachother. ''Uhm...good...morning?'' he said, groggily, sleepily, and tired. Only to find out a murder had been committed. ''Wha? Someone died? On the train? That's no good'' He said, rather casually, apparently the situation phazed him little, of he was still half asleep. Nevertheless, it was Sasha that caught his eye for some reason, thinking she had something to do with it.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Pixilicious

Gradually the train slowed down and before long the passengers were staring out the window at the small train station at the top of the picturesque mountainside of the Ural Mountains.   There was a small cottage a few miles down the slope, and other than that and the train station, there was no other signs of civilization for miles.  As soon as the main door opened, a gust of chilly air shot through the carriages, and Pixilicious had to draw her coat closer to her body.

With an apologetic look, she made a small gesture with her hand.  Within seconds, staff had appeared with Beguile Mistress's luggage and the poor lady was escorted off the train screaming of her innocence in the matter. 

"I am dreadfully sorry, Miss, but the Elliquiy Express will refund all money spent on this trip.  Please get in contact with our head office.  I am very apologetic, Miss Beguile’s but I do hope you travel with us again." Pixilicious’ tone was kind, yet left no room for protests. 

“To everyone else, we will depart shortly for our next destination…”  Pixilicious was about to say something else when one of the security guards motioned to her and took her aside, away from the crowd.  Her expression went from sullen to grim in a matter of seconds as she listened to what was being said.  With a nod a second later, the security left her and she turned back to face the passengers, as the train started to pull away from the station.

"It appears that there have been some new developments…In the murder case of Miss Valerian,” she murmured.  “Though no other evidence is being revealed at this time, it appears that the fingerprints found in Miss Valerian’s suite was not that of Beguile’s Mistress, which leads me to conclude that she was indeed a Passenger…”  She let her words hang in the air as she let settle the fact that the murderer that they were looking for was still amongst them.  "Come now, ladies and gentlemen.  Let us put this behind us and enjoy the trip.   In about 18 hours we move out of the vast cold and will be stopping at the Scandinavian Mountains.  I'm sure there will be many opportunities for photo and taking in the scenery there."

The Night Cycle will be beginning soon.  Please send me a PM with your Carriage choices for Night 2.

Ryven

He cocked a surprised eyebrow at the news.  "Well, the murderer is still among us."  He eyed both Sasha and 'Quin.  "I can only hope I'm not in the same carriage as either of you."

Ryven looked to Alx.  "Care for another game of chess?"

HockeyGod

alxnjsh took a sip from his vodka rocks and wrinkled his nose at an olive that the barkeep put into it. Now the drink was just foul. Lemon? Just fine. Even a pickle would be okay. But an olive. That was just...just wrong. So martini and metropolitan - a bit fake.

He watched as BeMi was not so gently tossed from the train. He raised the glass as the doors shut. "I told you it wasn't her."

Quote from: Ryven on August 03, 2010, 02:09:18 PM
Ryven looked to Alx.  "Care for another game of chess?"

"Bring it on." alxnjsh set the glass down, hooked an arm in Ryven's and headed back to the compartments.

Ryven

Quote from: alxnjsh on August 03, 2010, 02:11:41 PM
"Bring it on." alxnjsh set the glass down, hooked an arm in Ryven's and headed back to the compartments.

He chuckled as they walked off to his compartment.  "Go easy on me this time?  I would hate to be left in a position like last time with my hands tied.  There was nothing I could do."

Sasha

It was a shame that Beguiles had been set off the train ...then as the lovely Pixi had explained that the fingerprints did not belong to her ..and they had just made an innocent passenger off . That was even more sad news , and a bit of guilt since Sasha had accused her as well .  A heavy sigh as the woman looked out the window . This was a most unfortunate event ..as now that left the wonderful stuttering mask man as the one who had killed the lovely woman. A shame as part of Sasha had so wanted to get to know him a bit more . Mean honestly I think it was every woman's dream to unveil a masked man to find the mystery underneath .

Though it was quite obvious that mystery was entwined with a murderous vengeance . Driving a needle into someone's neck was so distasteful . Thank-god in the heavens that the woman of many hats had taken the top bunk .  Sad this trip was already turning a bit sour ..new cabin arrangements would be made , but who would befriend her now as they would count her as the bloody murderer , point their nasty fingers ...whisper behind her back . A tear rolled down the poor Sasha's face as she so wanted to tour Europe ..but could only think her time was numbered and they would toss her from the train . OR worse ...she would be killed in her sleep .

Pushing the food back as she wiped her mouth ...what could one say really , Beguiles had screamed her innocence and look what happened to the lovely woman .  Moving to a corner in the social compartment ..she pulled out a good book . A romance novel , had been forever since she had took some time to read . With a heavy sigh she looked about again ...then moved to her book . Maybe Aiden might come and give a back rub to ease he seemingly out casted state of mind . Curling up ..and remaining silent . Let them accuse her as she sniffled with a heavy heart .

Starlequin

'Quin was seated at the bar sipping another glass of Scotch, watching from the window as Miss Beguile was less than politely ejected from the train. He imagined the others would no doubt suspect him of enjoying a sense of triumph, but circumstances were too depressing to provide much cause to celebrate. Upon the Concierge's announcement concerning the certainty of Beguile's Mistress's innocence, however, 'Quin's funk turned from gloomy to downright miserable. Already he could hear the other passengers whispering behind his back, and he hunched over the bar and poured himself into his glass.

'Damn, damn, double-damn! That means...ugh! Why, God? Why are the beautiful ones all homicidal maniacs? Is it just me? Huh? Is it me? Do I just have that kind of luck, or did I burn the Vatican in a past life?' A small whimper escaped him, and he pressed the ice-cold glass against his forehead. 'Ah, I should'a known that Sasha was a cold-blooded murderer. The fact she flirted with me should have tipped me off; I haven't been able to attract a normal woman since Lisa Miskowski told everyone that the voices in her head told her to marry me back in the third grade. Hm, wonder if she ever made parole? Do they even give you parole in a mental institution?' 'Quin sighed again and slumped on his stool, motioning for the bartender to pour him another.

He was about to lose himself in his new glass when he heard a strange sniffling sound behind him, coming from one of the corner windows. Starlequin turned just enough to glance at Sasha, sitting alone in the corner with a paperback novel in her hands, and--what was that? Was that...oh, empty night, it was.

A tear, glistening on her pale, lovely cheek.

'Quin spun back around to the bar, hoping she hadn't noticed him looking, and stared morosely into his scotch, his entire body rigid with tension. 'Whatwhatwhat is she crying about, she's a murderer! A killer! A psychopath!' He shrugged to himself as a counter argument formed in his mind. 'So? What, killers can't have feelings?' 'But she murdered a woman! In cold blood! And then blamed an innocent woman for it!' 'Well, to be honest we don't know it was actually in cold blood. And besides, now that BeMi is gone, she's probably the only other person on board this train that knows how it feels to be wrongly accused of a crime.' 'She wasn't wrongly accused! She was rightly accused! Rightly!' 'Well I know that, and she knows that, but everyone else is just guessing, aren't they? You know, I really think we should go over there and talk to her. It might cheer her up. And maybe if she's cheered up, she won't kill us if we wind up in the same car again.' 'That is the stupidest plan I've ever heard and why am I talking to myself like this anyway people will think I'm crazy!' 'One, it's not stupid, it's brilliant, two, it's because I'm a sparkling conversationalist and you enjoy my company, and three, nobody's gonna know you talk to yourself now shut up and get over there!'

Starlequin shook his head and grabbed his drink, spun from the bar and edged close to Sasha in the corner. Gingerly he took a seat nearby and cradled his glass in his hands, speaking quietly, his head slightly hung. "Um...so. I-interesting morning, huh?" He said, ready to jump up and run at her slightest motion and wailing silently to himself.

'Aw, hell, I'm gonna die...'

Pixilicious

In the middle of the ongoing conversations, the intercom system throughout the train crackled to life, static being heard very loudly throughout the carriages.

"Attention passengers," the Concierge's voice said, over the speakers.  "The time has come and gone for carriage assignments to be turned in.  I am graciously extending this time for a few more hours...Anyone that hasn't sent me a carriage assignment at the end of this time, will be randomly placed.  Thank you."

With that, the static crackled once more, and the speakers were put back in place, silence filling the carriage once more.

Pixilicious

As night fell the weather grew colder, the familiar chill filling the air.  Pixilicious once more appeared in the doorway to the lounge carriage flanked by her opulently dressed staff.  Saying nothing, she merely smiled and indulged in a flourished bow as she looked at her guests.  As she backed away from the entrance, she allowed her staff to seemingly float into the carriage and place a string drawn velvet pouch in front of each passenger.  A quick glance showed that each had the passenger's was embroidered on the front in fine gold and silver threading. 

When opened, a small key could be seen together with a generous piece of expensive European chocolate, wrapped in gold tulle.

When the passengers looked back up, Pixilicious and her staff had seemingly disappeared from the carriage.

Carriage A~          Carriage B~      Carriage C~           Carriage D~
Ryven                    Spell                Alxnjsh                 Starlequin
Kaizen                   Imogen            Barnbean               Remiel
Kyrsa                    Sir Wolfgang   Ariadne                 Marguerite
                                                    Random Civilian      Sasha

Sasha

"Um...so. I-interesting morning, huh?" He said, ready to jump up and run at her slightest motion and wailing silently to himself.

The words seemed to of been spoken in some tunnel as the lady Sasha had been tuning everyone out to read the romance novel . It took awhile for the voice to fully sink into her mind as she was in a hot and steamy section and was difficult to draw ones creative mind away. Raising an eyebrow as she lifted and leaned back into the nice comfortable seat . A smile came to her face ..well now it was not everyday one got a chance at finding out the inner workings of a murderer was there.

" It has became an interesting morning ...that is for sure. Do not believe I have ever awoken and found another in the same room no longer with the world . Seems to have put a rather overcautious attitude among the rest of the passengers . Unfortunate in many ways ..as I was so looking forward to enjoying the complete tour of Europe on the train . " as she let out a sigh and glanced out the window at the Mountains . " Seems rather peaceful up here looking out at the snow capped mountains . Where I hail from the land is rather flat , rural farm land ... rather boring I suppose to many . This trip definitely has given more excitement than I had bargained for . "  as she spoke in a wistful manner a slight sadness in the voice as poor Sasha was not so dipsey as everyone thinks .

Looking back up at him ..." I do suppose you can feel the tension and the whispered accusations as well ..if you like to have a seat and chat please do . But if your going to become a drama mama and go off like some whinny ass ..it wasn't me ..and start an unnecessary finger pointing contest of woes to the me . " as she leaned forward some . " You can just put a pair of wet panties in it as I am not biting and ruining what little bit might be left of my much needed  vacation. " 

Looking down at the book ..oh damn now she done lost her page . With another sigh ..she returned to the quivering man that looked about to run for the hills . Though his stuttering seemed to have disappeared which was a good thing . " So do tell me about this fascination you have with masks ...as it is quite alluring . Almost a mystery revolves around them in the mind you know . As everyone wonders what lies beneath such a thing . Are you a romantic at heart or just enjoy being a bit secretive ? " as she folded her hands over he book that had lost her interest for the moment . As part of her mind wondered why exactly she felt the need to get to know a murderer for and the only real answer seemed to be loneliness. As it was obvious no one else was going to talk to her the rest of the trip .

Kaizen

After returning from a relaxing massage and an hour in the sauna from the fitness car, wearing just a lavish robe in the fashion of Hugh Heffner, Kaizen arrived just in time for the carriage assignments.  An attendant handed him a velvet pouch with his name embroidered on it.  Inside was a key to carriage A and a piece of chocolate.  After asking around Kaizen learned that his suitemates would be Kyrsa and Ryven.  He made a note to hide what was left of his money, the previous night Kyrsa and taken everything except the clothes he was wearing in a poker game.  And he remembered Ryven was the pleasant seeming gentleman who boarded the train ahead of him yesterday.  Feeling safe with his assigned suitemates, Kaizen ordered bourbon and coke, lit a cigar, and took a seat near a window.

He did feel a bit sorry for his new friend Remiel.  Kaizen learned that both Sasha and Starlequin, who were sitting at a table together –perhaps they are collaborating on their next murder victim– would be in the same carriage as Remiel.

Remiel

Remiel gave Kaizen a wan smile as he collected his chocolate.  He did not eat it, but simply dropped it into his bag with his other things.  "I suppose, all things considered, sharing a sleeping car with a murderer is preferable to losing my shirt to Kyrsa at the poker table."    He was joking, of course;  Kyrsa had been a charming woman, and he had enjoyed the rapport with his new friends Kaizen and Sir Wolfgang. Oh, how he wished he had chosen carriage A again!

He gave both Sasha and Starlequin a long, hard look as he retired to his carriage.  Clearly, one of them was a murderer -- heck, for all he knew, both of them were -- and they had both decided to choose car D that night. 

Lucky him.

"Well, Marguerite," he said, quickly changing into his pajamas, "I have a feeling that neither of us are going to get much sleep tonight.  And I do not mean that in the good way, either."

HockeyGod

alxnjsh looked around as Carriage rooms were assigned. He at least knew Barnbean. He could only shake his head at poor Remiel and Marguerite. Oh well, someone needed to join Valerian and it might as well be one of them.

"Nice knowing you." He said quietly walking past the two while keeping an accusing eye on Starlequin.

Grabbing the chess board from Ryven's compartment he headed to his new digs. At least he'd sleep well.

Marguerite

Marguerite looked at who she was going to be in the carriage and knew it was time to bring out the good tobacco for this occasion. Hell, she rather go out smelling with mint and chocolate than never having to put her lips on the hookah to smoke. "Eh, one last smoke for the road," she said to all as she started to puff from the hookah.

Pixilicious

Early the next morning, Pixilicious and her staff set out waking up the passengers on the train.  An early call them was necessary, since they would be reaching their next destination before lunch time.  She knocked a few times on the Suite of a Miss Ariadne, and got no answer.  Finally, deciding that something was horribly wrong, she took out her spare keys and opened the door to the Suite.

When she stepped inside, the sight that greeted her caused a bone-chilling scream to come from her mouth.  There, sitting propped up on a chair, on the table in her room was Ariadne.  Except...she was not alive.  Her skin, now tinged with blue was ice cold, and the tell-tale slit across her throat told the reason why.  Her clothes, the ones she had come on the train with, were covered in blood, most likely from the death wound inflicted.

"Dear goodness," the young Concierge said, her voice frightened and full of sorrow. 

Knowing what had to be done, and how best to preserve the well-being of the rest of her passengers, Miss Pixilicious picked up the phone in the Suite Room and dialed the intercom.  "Ladies and Gentlemen...If you would be so kind as to all stay in the dining carriage for the time being, that would be greatly appreciated.  I am very, very, very saddened to report that there has been another death throughout the night.  Miss Ariadne was recently discovered in her room, her throat slit in a clean, perfect line.  In order to make the security investigation as smooth as possible, we are asking that all guests stay away from the sleeping carriages for the time being...It is very sad when something so horrendous happens to a Passenger."

With that, Pixilicious hung up the intercom, and then proceeded to go back to the investigations on the death of Ariadne.

Pixilicious

In your first post in this thread, following this message, please choose someone from the following list, whom you feel is responsible for Ariadne's murder.  The person with the most votes, will unfortunately come to an end of their journey with the Elliquiy Express.

Current List of Players:
Alxnjsh
Barnbean
Imogen
Kaizen
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Random Civilian
Remiel
Ryven
Sasha
Sir Wolfgang
Spell
Starlequin

HockeyGod

alxnjsh rubbed sleep from his eyes. "Jesus Christ, this train is like a roach motel. You check in, but you don't check out." Having been up late playing chess with himself, by the time he went to bed nothing would have gotten him out of his slumber...not to mention the happy sleepy pills he took. He had to - Barnbean snored like a train. Er...alxnjsh then realized perhaps it was the train.

Eying Starlequin suspiciously he merely shrugged. "I guess this could be a random act." He then cocked an eyebrow. "Yes...yes it was. It was an act of Random Civilian."

Barnbean

"I will never again buy my tickets from a website sponsored by William Shatner... I should have known it was too good to be true when they said you had to wear a red shirt on the trip if you bought a ticket... damn red shirts always die thanks to Shatner..." Barnbean mumbled to himself as he shook his head and tried to not think about what was now a SECOND murder on a train. This vacation was turning out to be a trip to hell and back. And he wasn't sure he would be making it back.

"It had to be Random Civilian. It just had to be, who else coulda done it? And how did some random person get on a moving train anyway?! And who names their kid Random? A family of murderers, thats who!" he spoke to no one in particular, just spoke. Because... well someone was dead and he didn't know who to trust, random or not.

Imogen

Imogen dropped her pencil when she heard the news of poor Ariadne's death. She ducked under the table, retrieved the charcoal stick and settled back in her seat. The half finished sketch was pushed aside, and she looked over towards the doors leading to the next carriage. "I think Alexnjsh has something to do with this."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Remiel awoke the next morning a bit groggy.  Perhaps he had indulged just a bit too much in the hookah, but as he had thought it his last night on earth, perhaps he could be forgiven.  He was surprised, then, to find out that not only was he alive, but so was Marguerite.   The thought cheered him, but not so much when he discovered that the unfortunate Ariadne had not survived the night.

"But...that's impossible!" he thought to himself.  "Both Starlequin and Sasha were in carriage D last night."  He could not avoid the chilling conclusion, that there were not just one, but two murderers aboard the train!

After listening to Alxnjsh and Barnbean accuse Random Civilian, he shook his head.  Something about Barnbean didn't seem right.

Ryven

He emerged from his carriage compartment smelling of sweet hookah smoke and floral tea.  There was a rather glazed look in his eyes for a moment or two before he blinked and realized that, yes, he indeed was awake.  The scream had awoken him from a rather appealing dream involving chess.

Stumbling down the aisle to join the others, he learned of the grave news.  Another body had been discovered.  However, this time, it was not a needle but a blade that killed.

"It has to be Barnbean, if you ask me."  He said before acquiring his morning coffee.

Kye

Kyrsa woke for the second night in a row to find one of her fellow passengers had been murdered while she slept.  She couldn't help but send a silent prayer of thanks that she had been spared, feeling more than a little guilty for the thought.  She sat quietly and simply listened to the others, her thoughts still coming back again and again to the first murder.  Either Sasha or Starlequin was a murderer, and now it appeared someone else as well. 

"At least I can console myself with the fact that if I choose incorrectly Alxnjsh will be safe from the murderers."

Sasha

Sasha moved out into the dinning carriage as she was in one hell of a good mood after having woken up to find herself still alive .Having smoked a few hits off the Hooka with Marguerite ..it was a great morning . Getting all dressed up and putting on her make-up , maybe that talk with the murdering stuttering masked marvel last night had indeed changed his ways . For everyone in their carriage was alive and well ...now things were looking a bit up as she placed on the perfect pimp hat for celebrating . Having the munchies as she made her way to a table ...humming and thinking about blueberry crepes and whipped cream . Oh yes indeed ...as she was placing her order that is when the announcement came over the system .

Well now ..looking over a few of her friends that were staying in that Carriage ...this is just absurd. Mean Alxnjsh and Barnbean ...well they were always together and up to no good but murder. Naaa ...she couldn't quite buy all that . Mean Barnbean was wound a bit tight and had all those complexes but kill that darling woman. As Sasha played with her fork ..watching them all . Oh hell ...obviously one of them had to go ...as she lifted her fork and did a little eenie meanie mini moe .....routine . Though with all that smoking she forgot the words and the place became a bit dizzy .

So what was a girl to do ...then she remembered the dice ...and decided to roll and let the mighty dice roller pick her choice . And what do you know ...the darn dice was thinking the same as here ...Random Citizen had to of killed that poor girl . It said so right there in the dice . Pity ...but when her stomach growled she ordered the blueberry crepes .

Roll Result: Sasha rolled: 1d10
Comment: alx - 123 ...barn -456 ....random ..789 .....ten roll over .
Result: 9,
Total: 9

Starlequin

After Miss Sasha's rather severe welcome, 'Quin settled down a little more comfortably beside her and the pair engaged in some rather pleasant conversation."Er, well, I guess I'm a bit of a romantic. A hopeless romantic, I suppose. Well, more 'hopeless' than 'romantic', probably, but still. You know." 'Odd,' he thought to himself, 'she certainly doesn't seem to be a homicidal monster. Maybe she's one of those split personality people! Hm, I bet that's it. Fascinating. I owe it to science to investigate!' Starlequin grew more and more at ease as the two spoke companionably, and before long it was time to retire back to their cabins.

'Quin eyed the strange little smoking thingy that the others were passing between them; he attempted once or twice to ask if he might try the thing, but the other passengers' responses were depressingly chilly. 'Le sigh. Guess they still think I'm the killer. Oh, well, maybe they'll like me a little better if I wake up dead in the morning,' he thought. Dejected, his shoulders slumped, 'Quin elected to go to bed a little early and fell asleep after munching on some hard toffee dug out of his duffel.

The sunlight shining through the carriage windows woke him from a rather sound sleep, and for several moments he simply laid in the bed, wondering if this was how it felt to be dead. He'd never been dead before, and was slightly new to it. Then the last haze of sleep faded and 'Quin realized he was still among the living. Probably. 'But, if I'm still alive, and-' he stole a quick look around the carriage- 'and nobody else is dead, either, then...holy hell, it worked! I did it, I really talked down a murderer! Gee, guess I should write a book or something. Or maybe just do a talk show.'

And then the Concierge came over the intercom, and Starlequin's mood crashed like a plane full of widely beloved rock stars.

'Dear gods, another one?! Did I blink yesterday and walk into a Hitchcock story? But wait-Miss Sasha fell asleep before I did, I think, and I'm pretty sure nobody left the carriage last night. That means...*gasp!* There's another murderer on board!'

Starlequin dressed hurriedly and left the carriage on shaky legs, heading for the dining car. As he passed by the other carriages, he heard one of the passengers talking aloud to himself. 'Hmm, there's something off about that guy, there really is. Only crazy people talk to themselves like that.' 'You mean like this?' 'Exactly. No! Not like this, I'm not talking to myself!' 'And yet, we are having a conversation.' 'Yeah, but we're not...I mean...you know...we're doing it quietly, like normal folk!' 'Normal crazy folk, right. Of course.' 'Dammit, I am not crazy!' 'Sure, dude. You keep telling yourself that.' '...I don't like you.' 'Yet you keep me around.'

'Quin grumbled to himself as he found the dining car, keeping his head down so as to draw as little attention to himself as possible from the other passengers. Especially that Barnbean fellow.

Kaizen

Upon waking up Kaizen found himself at the breakfast table in his purple and green polka-dot pajamas and sporting an awesome case of bedhead.  Prone to sleepwalking, Kaizen figured that must have been how he wound up here, at least he wasn't on the roof.  Ke was pleased to find that he had sleep-ordered his breakfast and the food in front of him was still warm.  Halfway through his meal, the concierge's voice announced another murder over the intercom.  The news was no shock him this time.  He mumbled Barnbean's name and returned to his breakfast. 

Sasha

Breakfast was to die for though maybe one should not use that phrase on the E-Train at the moment ..as Sasha picked up her napkin and tapped her mouth with it . She could hear the mutterings about Barnbean and just would not sway in that direction at all . Besides the man was strangely charming with all his insecurities and silly little phrases , how he seen the World was colorful even if he was only using a few crayons out of the box.  But murder , that just could not be possible . Having finished reading her book yesterday the woman had nothing to do really ...so she took her pimp hat off and placed it on Kaizen to help hide that bedhead he had going on .

With a smile she spoke ...." You can't seriously think Barnbean killed that poor woman . I mean he might be a bit odd ..but aren't we all that have joined this delightful place called Elliquiy . Honestly ...because one has a poetic flare and might be a bit off does not make them a murderer. I for one would rather have creative people around that tend to make me laugh than those that remain silent and uncivilized in the corner . Think what you want of me ...for it has all been done before . But something inside me ...just wants to scream when I hear these dreadful whispers about such a ..a ...entertaining friend . "   with that all being said ..not that it would hold any weight she imagined since they all thought her a murderer as well . The nerve . 

The next stop was coming up ....she might as well start drinking ...now what went good after brunch . Let's see ...as she approached the bar . " I shall take a Bloody Mary .... Barnbean ...anyone else care to join me . Might as well enjoy what part of the day we can share with one another. " as she pulled out some money and stuffed it in the tip jar .

"Where is that delightful Aiden with his music ....this place needs a little energy pumping through it that is for sure . A game of charades .....karaoke ....a magician even .....any talents like that amongst us ?"   As Sasha sighed when done addressing everyone , not a very lively crowd it seemed . Taking her mixed drink and sipping it , that most likely did not help her case trying to be positive about this whole murderous situation but now what truly would . Human nature was to point the finger at those they either do not know or were on the surface a little strange . Where as most serial killers fit right in ..so how did one manage to come out unscathed with that thinking .

Marguerite

Marguerite took a puff of her hookah and heard all of the shouting and the arguing. For her, she voted for Barnbean hoping at least to either get rid of a murderer or to save an innocent victim from becoming murdered on this train. She made the sign of the hookah and went back to her room.

Barnbean

Barnbean couldn't shake the feeling that people were staring at him. He couldn't help but feel all eyes were on him. It was... disconcerting at best. Either everyone on the train was worried about his safety. Everyone on the train was a murderer and he was their next target. Or... Well or they thought he was a killer. Great. In one case he was no more than a damsel in distress with a hundred random knights in Elliquiy approved armor (trojan no doubt, ribbed for pleasure), a tempting target who would die within the next day or two, or suspected of being a killer himself.

None of the three were at all reassuring. And there wasn't a thing he could do about any of it. He was half tempted to jump off the moving train. Sure he would break a leg or die. But he was bound to die if he stayed too. And jumping off a train would look great on his resume if he ever applied to be a cowboy or action hero.

Instead he just kept to himself, watched as people passed him by, ignored their odd looks. He knew who the killer, no, killers, had to be. And that was enough for him. He would avoid them, and if he was tossed asunder from the train? Well better to be tossed from a second class mode of transport than tossed aside from life.

Pixilicious

Gradually the train slowed down and before long the passengers were staring out the window at the small train station at the top of the picturesque mountainside of the Ural Mountains.   There was a small cottage a few miles down the slope, and other than that and the train station, there was no other signs of civilization for miles.  As soon as the main door opened, a gust of cool air shot through the carriages, and Pixilicious took a deep breath, savoring the fresh air.

With an apologetic look, she made a small gesture with her hand.  Within seconds, staff had appeared with Barnbean's luggage and the man was escorted off the train arguing of his innocence in the matter.

"I am dreadfully sorry, Mr. Barnbean, but the Elliquiy Express will refund all money spent on this trip.  Please get in contact with our head office.  I am very apologetic, Mr. Barnbean but I do hope you travel with us again." Pixilicious’ tone was kind, yet left no room for protests.

“To everyone else, we will depart shortly for our next destination…”  Pixilicious was about to say something else when one of the security guards motioned to her and took her aside, away from the crowd.  Her expression went from sullen to a brighter one in a matter of seconds as she listened to what was being said.  With a nod a second later, the security left her and she turned back to face the passengers, as the train started to pull away from the station.

"It appears that there have been some new developments…In the murder case of Miss Ariadne,” she murmured.  “Though no other evidence is being revealed at this time, it appears that the fingerprints found in Miss Ariadne’s suite was that of Barnbean's, which leads me to conclude that he was indeed a Murderer…”  She let her words hang in the air as she let settle the feeling of calm that they had gotten one of the murderers.  "Come now, ladies and gentlemen.  Let us put this behind us and enjoy the trip.   In about 18 hours we move out of the vast cold and will be stopping at the Ural Mountains.  I'm sure there will be many opportunities for photo and taking in the scenery there."

The Night Cycle will be beginning soon.  Please send me a PM with your Carriage choices for Night 3

Ryven

Ryven rolled his eyes at the not so surprising news.  "Can't we have a public execution instead?  Leaving him alive, albeit not on this train, wont do much good."  He said, lounging back in a chair with a cup of tea.

HockeyGod

alxnjsh watched as Barnbean...someone he had known for 10 years...was removed from the train. Then was the announcement of Barnbean's guilt. It always seemed to be the quiet ones. alxnjsh looked around. "I told you it wasn't me." He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

Ryven

Quote from: alxnjsh on August 22, 2010, 10:09:19 AM
alxnjsh watched as Barnbean...someone he had known for 10 years...was removed from the train. Then was the announcement of Barnbean's guilt. It always seemed to be the quiet ones. alxnjsh looked around. "I told you it wasn't me." He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Don't be so hasty to declare your own innocence.  I believe it was established that there is more than one murderer on this train."  He said, holding out his hand.  "Care to join me for breakfast?"

HockeyGod

Quote from: Ryven on August 22, 2010, 10:43:10 AM
"Don't be so hasty to declare your own innocence.  I believe it was established that there is more than one murderer on this train."  He said, holding out his hand.  "Care to join me for breakfast?"

alxnjsh looked at Ryven. "Yes, and chess please." He took Ryven's hand as they made their way for chessfast.

Sasha

Sasha ordered another Bloody Mary ...how many of them she had at this point truly just did not matter putting her feet up on the bar stool next to her as she took up the end seat.  Reflection back on the course of events as she had entered the train now with two murders having been carried out . Seeing Barnbean being escorted off the train and then he news that indeed he was a murderer . Was a sadness that crept over her as she sighed ..twirling the celery stalk in the red-orange liquid , adding a dash more of Tabasco and a hit off the pepper shaker.

The two other friends of the departed seemed to be chatting it up ..talking about public executions and the like. Her mind wondering to the guillotine that was used in the Inquisition as paupers and princes alike found their heads being pushed through a wooden holder ...as a blade came whistling down so shiny and chopped the head off as it fell into a basket.  Though she doubted it was a clean swipe ..what if the blade got stuck or ..the head jumped and missed the basket . Quite messy ..anyways she could not understand why they called it the Romance period as what was romantic about getting your head chopped off.

Maybe it was the color of the drink ..as she downed another one . Keeping to herself as she pondered what carriage to go in this night . Having of shared the same carriage as Quin now . Maybe her ability to get along with murderers might save her life on this train . Though being pushed off to the side and those nasty whispers about whether she was off her rocker or not was becoming quite intolerable . Little too drunk now to read her book . What else could she entertain herself with as an idea came to her ...the woman giggled and skipped back to her bag .

Changing her clothes ...into the perfect roaring 20's attire since all these murders had such a gangster like appeal ..why not play along . Besides it been ages since she got out this lovely lace dress , adorning herself with fake pearls . Pity they were not real ...but alias there was no sugar daddy in the Sasha's life . Rolling her eyes .. as she slipped the little headband feather like headpiece on . Making sure the curls all twirled and landed in the right spot . Oh NO , she was not going to let ANYONE ruin her fun on the train . Even if she had to make her own little party up , she would do just that .

Returning to the main carriage ...and made her way to the piano ...wiggling her fingers before making sure that fake little fur was rested in the inside nook of her elbow area.  Now what to play ...Oh yes this is lovely song . As her fingers played the Guns and Roses Song ...Sweet Child of Mine .  Humming and tossing in the words on occasion , since the woman was not the best of singer she would spare the crew that anyways .

Sweet Child O' Mine - Scott D. Davis - solo piano

Pixilicious

Pixilicious walked into the main room of the train and turned to 8 of the passengers remaining in the room.  "My darling travelers, I am sorry for the delay in the train taking off for the night...It appears that there were some troublemakers that were mistakenly on board with us from the beginning.  Never fear, though.  Those individuals have been dealt with accordingly and unfortunately, they will not be joining us for the remainder of this trip..."

The smile on her lips broadened as she looked around the room.  "Please, do not burden yourselves with this matter.  I can assure you that it has been taking care of, and to remedy the inconvenience of having to wait for departure, I am extending everyone's trip for an extra day, free of charge.  I do hope you will accept this as a humble from of apology from the Elliquiy Express Corporation..."

As she finished speaking, Pixilicious' staff filled into the room, this time holding gold envelopes in their hands.  Finding each of the passengers, the staff handed them an envelope.  Inside, they would find an invitation for the day at the Spa in France on their return trip back, along with a gold key to their new carriages for the night.

"I do hope everyone gets some sleep tonight, and I will see you bright and early for our next stop in the morning..."  With that, Pixilicious bowed, and turned, walked out of the carriage with her staff.

Carriage A~ Sasha, Kyrsa,Starlequin, Marguerite
Carriage B~ Ryven, Kaizen, Alxnjsh, Remiel, Imogen

Imogen

Imogen hastily finished her sketch of Barnbean, lowering the window and leaning out to catch a last view of him before sinking down in her seat and adding a bit more emphasis to the eyebrows and chin. "Oh, much better!" She exclaimed, lowering her pencil and rubbing her fingers. "I can't really do him justice, there just wasn't enough time. But it's so interesting, don't you think? I'll call this "Portrait of Murderer". She beamed at her work and looked up when one of Pixi's handsome staff appeared with an envelope.

Carriage B. Hm. From the corner of her eyes, Imogen studied her fellow passengers as they made for their assigned cabins. Her expression brightened when she notice Alxnjsh. She had accused him wrongly before. Perhaps she would have a chance to make up for that tomorrow. Yeah, that was a plan... She could stop by at breakfast, and say hi. Maybe...
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

HockeyGod

alxnjsh never forgot...never forgot. Many people had accused him of being the murderer. That was crazy! All he did was play some chess and smile nicely. Thankfully the innocent person he accused of being a murderer had jumped of the train or something equally cliche. Nope, the only person left was the correct murderer he identified when the first corpse showed up. Valerian was it? Yeah - the first one that bit the bullet. I mean, how could you just wake up murdered? That was crazily impossible!

"Ryven, it appears we're on for another chess match." alxnjsh said with a straight face while sipping lemonade.

Ryven

Ryven sips his tea calmly before raising an eyebrow toward Alx.  "I believe you're right."  He said, setting down his tea and observing the others.  It was quite odd, the feeling he had.  It was like the train was a little...less cramped.  Of course, it could be because of the murders, but that was only what, 2 people?  He pondered for a moment feeling that the tour had become just a tad more...personal.

Kaizen

Kaizen's ears perked up at the mention of a chess match.  He was a huge fan of the King's Gambit.  He would enjoy watching a good chess match.  A lot could be learned about a person by the way he played a chess game.  The opening was always important, defensive or offensive, black's struggle to gain equality... Then there was the middle game, quiet and slow or destructive and violent, the players trading pieces until a decisive edge has been gained.  And finally the endgame, watching the weakened player run their best damage control, playing for a stalemate or trying to eek out a draw.  Kaizen knew he felt way to passionate about chess.

Remiel

The last night, it seemed, went by in a blur; things seemed to be happening too fast.  Due to the laudable instincts of the other passengers, Barnbean had been correctly identified as a killer--most likely the murderer of poor Ariadne--and had been expelled from the train.  With any luck, he would be arrested the moment he set foot on solid ground and made to stand trial for his crimes.  At least for Ariadne, justice had been served.

There was no time for celebration, though.  The murder of Valerian, however, was as yet unsolved, her killer still at loose.   Both Sasha and Starlequin--his two top suspects--looked as though they would share a carriage tonight with Marguerite and Kyrsa.  Remiel couldn't help feeling gravely concerned for them both (especially Kyrsa, who, although a femme fatale at poker, was nevertheless a charming woman).  He wished that there was something he could do...

Sasha

Sasha looked at the list ...in the envelope given for the carriage assignments ..."oh crap "  she let out without thinking . " here we go again ...Quin with three beautiful women ...and we know what happened last time . " Giving a sigh as she turned and looked at the bartender . " Just bring out the whiskey bottle .. and pour me a double ...leave the bottle . " might as well get drunk as she had a feeling that was the only way she was sleeping tonight . Muttering about masked men and not being able to trust them . Barnbean was a murderer hell that was still hard to swallow .

The other boys seemed to be plotting more chess ...and hell she didn't know how to play . Maybe it was poker ...still not much better . Having changed outfits from earlier as the piano playing didn't seem to go over well . She was dressed as a black cat even had the ears on top of her head and a tail . Sasha was in a playful mood and was wanting a little attention having been so ignored ever since that first dreadful night when that poor woman was murdered .

Starlequin

'Quin stood staring at the carriage assignment posting with a heart that sank like a screen-doored submarine. 'Poor Kyrsa. Poor Marguerite.' 'Poor them?! Screw that noise, poor you! You think we're gonna get lucky enough to survive another one of Sasha's killing sprees?' 'Well...we might,' he thought to himself weakly. 'Dude. We have about as much chance of surviving another night on this loco-motive as...as...aw, hell, I can't even imagine something as likely to die as us!'

He was able to at least take a little comfort in knowing that he wouldn't have to die crowded. Those folks in Carriage B would probably have to share a bunk. 'Idiot. Only you would take comfort in dying in an empty bed.' Starlequin's shoulders slumped and he fell into one of the luxuriously plush lounge chairs, pulling a deck of cards from his coat pocket. Taking his trilby off, he tossed it to the other side of the room and opened the deck, flicking the cards one at a time at the upturned hat. Perhaps one in nine made it into the hat; the others landed scattered about on the car's floor.

'I've never even been to a spa in America; I bet a French one would have been awesome,' he thought dejectedly. 'Quin was sorely tempted to see if maybe the other passengers might let him at least watch the chess matches, but figured they might have still been sore about the whole 'suspected murderer' thing. He decided to just look out the window and watch the mountain ranges roll past. 'Oh, well. At least the brochures were right. This really has been a trip to die for. You just don't get that kind of truth in advertising much these days.'

Marguerite

Marguerite grabbed her hookah and moved it over to the carriage. "Well, one more smoke for the road," she muttered, shaking her head at the conundrum of less people on board but feeling as if there was no hope for anyone. "Hopefully Ryven did not smoke all of my mint and strawberry."

Pixilicious

Pixilicious stepped into the dining carriage promptly at 8AM the next morning.  Much to her delight and surprise, she saw that there was a considerable cozy atmosphere with the small number in her passenger list that were left.  She was happy that they were having fun and bonding considerably with each other.

However, that happiness would not last long as she remembered her reason for the announcement that she was about to make.  It seemed that there was a good bit of sad news that she had to deliver to her passengers this morning.

There had been a death on board the train during the night. Imogen had been found in her bunk this morning, cold and dead, stabbed in the neck with her on drawing pencil.  Even more chilling was the portrait found next to her dead body, a likeness of herself, painted in her own blood.  The security on board the train weren't able to find anything that might lead to who might have done such a horrible thing.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the young Concierge said, her voice somber.  "It is my regret to inform you that there has been a death last night.  Imogen, whom some of you have already met, was found murdered in her suite this morning.  As of the present time, security is investigating this matter.  If anyone has any information that they might find helpful in this investigating, they are urged to come forward.  It is a sad loss, and she will be missed greatly..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your first post in this thread, following this message, please choose someone from the following list, whom you feel is responsible for Imogen's murder.  The person with the most votes, will unfortunately come to an end of their journey with the Elliquiy Express.

Current List of Players:
Alxnjsh
Kaizen
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Ryven
Sasha
Starlequin

Remiel

Remiel awoke the next morning fully expecting to hear that either Marguerite or Kyrsa was no more; instead, much to his shock and surprise, it was the lovely artist Imogen who had not survived the night.  That meant, obviously, that one of her compatriots--Ryven, Kaizen, or Alxnjsh (or himself, of course)--had to have done the deed.

"I find it telling," he mumbled to himself, as he inspected Imogen's corpse, looking for clues to the identity of her murderer, "that of the five of us in carriage B last night, the killer chose to eliminate the only woman.  Perhaps to keep all the men to himself?"

He stared at Alxnjsh suspiciously, although, of course, Ryven was equally as suspect.

Sasha

Sasha awoke in an absolutely glorious mood .. finding all the parties that slept in her cabin had survived the night . In on of them giddy up cowgirl moods . She decided to put on her cowboy hat .. add a dash of makeup . Going with that silly innocent look today . As her tummy growled and she headed out to see what delightful options were on the menu today .

Making her way out front ..ordering a cup of java and deciding on some corn beef hash withe a couple eggs over easy and some wheat toast .  Sipping the coffee as it was freshly brewed to a perfection . One thing about this trip the scenery and food were exceptional . the lulling of the train put one into a deep dead like sleep ..some however a bit more literal in that respect . Since several had already woke up in that state anyways .

Oh the dread now at seeing the Pixilicious ...as she stood and spoke of the demise of yet another passenger . Oh my the only woman in a cabin full of men . Gruesome details were revealed about the painting in blood . As of course the breakfast was placed down in front of the woman now . With a heavy sigh ...she picked at her food . As one really did have to consider the possibility that this trip through Europe might be that last thing she ever did at this rate .

Well another tough choice ..as she considered the options of who did it again in her mind . The only woman in the cabinet had her leaning towards Ryven ...though she really wasn't sure the man could paint . She only had heard he collected jock straps some fetish thing he had going . Though surly it was a crude painting done in blood no less and a mockery out of the poor dead woman . Maybe he wasn't enjoying her flamboyant side ..or maybe in that sketch pad of hers she had captured a moment that the man didn't want on display for the world to see .

Either way .. her giddy up and go mood ...rather was leaving her at this moment . Was it so bad to want to wake up one morning with out the declaration that a corpse was now amongst  them . Life so fleeting ..a vibrant artist one day and gone at the snap of a finger the next . This was just dreadful .

Roll Result: Sasha rolled: 1d4
Comment: 1 Ryven 2Kaizen 3Alxnjsh 4Remiel
Result: 1,
Total: 1

Ryven

Ryven woke to find another passenger dead, from his own cabin no less.  This didn't look good, not good at all.  With the only female gone, it shed much suspicion on both he and Alex, but the truth of the matter was, they had both spent the evening together.

"Telling, indeed.  I find it most intriguing that you would offer up such a theory so willingly."  He eyed Remiel suspiciously.

"Or perhaps..."  Ryven continued. "You planned it that way, making either Alex or I an easy scapegoat for your devilish antics!  It's not often I play the Gay card, but when I do, I do it with purpose.  Contrary to popular belief, I don't pine after every male lurking about."  He said in a huff before fetching a drink.

"No, I believe it was you, Remiel.  It would be just like you to leave a memento of your gruesome deed behind for all to see."

HockeyGod

alxnjsh sighed, holding his stomach. Who knew a person could get so motion sick on a train? Thank God Ryven was such a dear and helped him.

"Hmm...I guess it's good I hacked out my kidney in the bathroom last night." He looked around. "Well it can't be Ryven or I. I mean...why waste energy on a woman when there are so many men on the train that are in line before her?" His eyes settled on Remiel.

"On the other hand, perhaps a jealous lover?" alxnjsh shook his head. "You are out." He made four snaps in a z-formation.

Putting his hand in front of his mouth he ran back into the bathroom. "Be...be right back!"

Kye

Kyrsa felt sick, her stomach twisting into knots as she sat there in shock, unable to fathom how there could have been more than one murderer onboard the train.  She shivered slightly as she looked at those who had been in the same car as the victim, seeing them with new eyes.  She did not know who to trust, so she kept her own council.  "I had hoped that the rest of the trip would be safe and quiet, evidently that is not in the cards.  Remiel... I don't know who it could be, but a lot of suspicion seems to be aimed towards you at the moment..."

Remiel

Remiel sighed.  He could see the case against him gaining momentum.  He was hoping to avoid revealing his identity, but he had no other choice at this point.  After all, he couldn't help anyone if he was off the train.

Digging into his pocket, he produced his wallet, flipping it open.  Next to his identification card, which had his unsmiling photo and the word "Interpol", there was a gilded silver badge, emblazoned with the Interpol seal.

"I'm not the murderer.  How can I prove it?  Because I'm actually the security guard, sent here by Interpol to investigate the Elliquiy Express after reports of last year's events."

His eyes roamed over Ryven, Alxnjsh, and Kaizen in turn.  "I was keeping watch all night in the carriage.  The fact that Imogen was still murdered regardless means this: that not only was one out of my three compatriots a murderer, but also that he had to have an accomplice, someone who distracted my attention while the murderer did his grisly work."

Ryven

He gave the badge a once over before staring back at Remiel unconvinced.  "That's all fine and good, but do you think we can actually take your word for it?  After all, I could claim to be the security guard as well, and before you try and back your qualifications up with that badge, let me finish."

"It's easy to obtain a badge.  Why, you could have had it before you boarded the train, either forging or stealing it from an actual guard.  Or maybe you stole it from the security guard already on-board.  In which case, you're both a murderer and a thief.  I'm afraid I'm still not convinced.  My vote stays where it lies unless some other bit of concrete information could be offered."  He said, sipping his cocktail.

HockeyGod

alxnjsh returned from the bathroom refreshed and listed to Remiel's pronouncement. It seemed very much like a cock in a hen house, strutting his stuff and seeming all high and mighty. A likely story. As if a cop had never killed before - they sometimes have the best opportunity.

He barely held in a chuckle. "I think I've seen one of those in a box of Captain Crunch. Did you get a decoder ring with it, murderer? Besides, even if you are with Interpol, you have no power here. Be gone before someone drops a house on you!"

Rolling his eyes he grabbed the chess board. "Up for some chess, Ryven?"

Remiel

"Mmmm hmmmm," said Remiel.  Clearly, he had found the murderer and the accomplice.  The question was, which one was which?

Ryven

"Even if you are right about the accomplice, it's just as likely that you could be him as well which still makes you guilty."  Ryven replied.  He saw that the other man seemed to be getting desperate by making such bold claims.  First a revelation of his supposed role and now accusations of others in the carriage with him.

Sasha

Sasha sat at the bar ...watching and listening . As Remiel stood up declaring he was the security guard and had a shiny badge to prove it .  As she leaned forward ...slipping on some glasses to examine it closer . Well now ..Interpol to investigate the Elliquiy Express after reports of last year's events ?  What ...shakes her head . " SO that is why the tickets were so cheap ....are you saying ...that this train trip last year ended up with murderous results as well . What is it the atmosphere ?  The fine dining ...the collection of too many creative minds in one spot . That turn fun loving people into VILE MURDERERS . " 

As she got off the bar stool ...took a few steps forward and then a couple back .. the whole train was a spinning . Catching her balance finally ..as she glared at alxnjsh and Ryven ......" Well if what he says is true ...that both the murderer and the ..accom piant .. .accupunt ....accompl....oh hell with it . You two are thick as thieves and would not put it past you both to be just as he says . You been up to no good this whole trip , sneaking off together , plotting ..planning ...who knows . And to think you didn't let me in on it . I am hurt ...that's all I got to say on the matter. "  wiggling her little finger at them both . Then moving to put her hand on her head .

As she pulled away ...where to go exactly to get away from this all .as she had a headache now . All this DRAMA ..as she decided maybe putting on her pimp hat might be best . Headed back to her carriage least ti wasn't off limits with a dead body in it . 

After about 20 mins ....she came back out and tossed her hands on her hips .. " OKAY ...we have someone more vile than the likes of a murderer on board ...WE HAVE A THIEF .....NOW WHO STOLE MY PIMP HAT  ...."  as she tapped her foot and looked over everyone . Oh the Sasha was pissed off now ...mean who would dare steal one of her hats .

Kaizen

After witnessing the once civil folks aboard the Elliquiy Express begin to gnash their teeth, the task of determining who the guilty party was becoming increasingly difficult.  Kaizen opted to stay quiet and listen to the debate that unfolded.  It did seem that the passengers were decided on Remiel, however, when he revealed his badge, Kaizen was confused even further.  An undercover cop on board was an asset and he couldn’t just let his fellow passengers evict a man of the law.  Or did he steal it?  Could Imogen have been the cop and Remiel discovered the badge on her dead body and procured the golden shield for himself?  There was also the argument of alxnjsh and Ryven slipping off to ‘play chess’ that did provide a seemingly convenient alibi to plotting a murder.  In addition, it is now apparent that the women are being targeted.  A motive presents itself, a motive that fits the checkerboard killers!  If he had only been able to observe one of their chess games, Kaizen could have easily determined who was the superior strategist and most likely the guilty person.  When alxnjsh suggested that he and Ryven escape for another ‘chess match’ that made up Kai’s mind.  He had a firm suspicion who the killer was.

Kaizen’s attention was abruptly diverted when Sasha burst in the car declaring someone had stolen her pimp hat.  Sinking lower into his chair, Kai remembered that he had forgotten to return it amongst all of the commotion of today’s events.  The woman was furious.  As she gazed across the train car, Kaizen had an instinctive impulse to hide.  He ducked under the dining table hoping that she didn’t see him.  Crawling underneath the tables, Kaizen made his way to the exit in attempt to fetch Sasha’s hat.  As he navigated underneath the tables, Kaizen found the concierge’s shoes and tugged on the bottom of her pants.  When he had her attention, he whispered to her that he thought alxnjsh was the murderer.

Starlequin

'Quin lay sprawled atop the satin sheets on the king-sized bed in his carriage, snoring just loud enough to drown out the rumble of the train. Only the sound of shouting from the nearby Lounge car roused him from slumber, and he woke with a violent start. For several long seconds he lay quietly, afraid to open his eyes to see who among them the Reaper had visited in the night, but he knew his pretender's peace couldn't last. When he rolled over and glared blearily around, he was struck with the surprise of an empty carriage.

'Uh...well. Guess Carriage B must have gotten a little less crowded, then,' he thought as he rose to his feet. 'After all, what are the odds nobody died on this hell train last night?' 'Probably the same as the odds of you trying to calculate the probability of a murder on a luxury train, dude.' 'That...makes no sense.' 'I don't care. It's true; it doesn't need to make sense.' 'Just shut up and lets go get some breakfast.' 'Yeah. And find out who died.'

Starlequin shambled into the lounge just in time to catch Sasha's explosive rant over her missing hat, and to peep Kaizen rabbiting under one of the dining tables to hide from her wrath. Rubbing his eyes beneath his mask, he caught enough snippets of the ongoing conversations to infer that Lady Death had indeed stowed onboard once again, this time stealing away that artistic chick, Imogen.

'I am so, so glad I managed to refrain from falling in love on this trip; I think the repetitive heartbreak would have killed me.' 'Or turned you into a supervillain.' 'Quin rolled his eyes at his internal dialogue, wordlessly making his way toward the breakfast buffet. 'Alright, look. We know that this train is about as safe as...as...' 'As what, Shakespeare?' 'Forget it, I'll finish the metaphor after coffee. The point is, being a passenger on this train is severely unhealthy, and these people don't seem too interested in punishing cold-blooded homicidal maniacs; they let the last one go at a bloody mountain resort!' 'Ah, I get what you're saying. Why don't we confess to a murder and see if we can get thrown off at some posh little French villa?' 'What!? No, you idiot, I was--wait, actually, that's not a bad idea...'

Starlequin mulled over the thought as he sipped at a steaming cup of java, hunched over the bar with his back to the others. The argument between Remiel and the chess pieces seemed to be heating up; wait a minute, so Remiel was a security guard? 'Been doing a top notch job too, I'd say. He's kept it down to one murder a night; with this crew, he must be a member of the Justice League.'

Presently, 'Quin turned from the bar and stared with sad, confused eyes at the occupied concierge, Miss Pixilicious, and wondered what he'd ever done to her that would make her invite him onto this grimly gilded go-go line. 'Well, there was that time you ran over a puppy.' 'That was no puppy, you moron. It was a very large, very angry Doberman. And I didn't run him over; he got hit by an 18-wheeler after chasing me for nine blocks!'

Trapped with a, with a whole pack of probable murderers. Like that, that Ryven fella. Him for sure. Honestly, it was right there in his name. Ryven. Just like all those passengers who had been ryv-...rivven? Ryved? Rivven? Was that a word? It felt like a word...Ripped from the world of the living. He leaned one arm on the bar and cradled his face in his palm, watching the ensuing drama.