News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mech Wars OOC (Saikotsu, cmpuncle, DigitLninja, UnderCov3rL0ver)

Started by Saikotsu, March 27, 2011, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undercov3rL0ver

Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

cmpuncle

I'm probably going to hate myself, but, "idk what CAN you say?"  lol
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Undercov3rL0ver

heeheehee.  Oh, I dunno. I will say this. He'd look damn sexy in that skirt.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

Saikotsu

holy crap! I just discovered I can bookmark topics! Now I won't have to rely on the show new replies button. THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
hahahaha, Even I'm laughing at myself for that!

unfortunately, I lost my external hard drive today. So I wanted to bid a fond farewell to Noel.  She was a good external, while she lasted, though I would have expected an electronic named after a blazblue character to live longer than an electronic named after an Evil Zone character (I'm looking at you, Kakurine, you old casette tape player! Literally, that tape player is almost as old, if not older, than me!)

I'll be posting soon enough, sorry for the wait guys.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

cmpuncle

Ok so I don't hate myself for asking, and Saikotsu I'm very dissappointed for not realizing that till now.....
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

DigitLninja

I have posted my mech stats but I want you, Sai to look at the weapons so we can determine a cost for each.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Undercov3rL0ver

quickly, change the name before he notices and gets mad!

Saikotsu

well, they're going to be expensive, I'll tell you that right away. Just going off the book, your weapons are practically more expensive than the mech itself.  The good news is that you don't need to do as much damage as you want to do, at least not at first. There will be enemies later on that require that much firepower, but starting off, you don't really need to be able to blow up a moon.  That said, I would suggest adding some restrictions, or perhaps adding qualities to your weapons when you and your mech level up. 

Swords of Dark Flame: that would be 21 MCP. fairly cheap.

Wrist Mounted cannons: 4d8 (a bit excessive for a starter mech by the way) makes them 36 points, without traits and restrictions. with traits and restrictions, it is 7 * 36 = 252.  if you dropped it to 4d4's the cost would be 140.  you could also lower the cost if you added some restrictions to it.  each quality multiplies the cost starting at 1.5 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4.  restrictions reduce it the same way.  The unlimited shots quality counts as four qualities, so if you got rid of that, you'd be at 98 MCP. by the way, I counted the two barrels per wrist as one quality.

Ah, the emp burst cannon.  damage alone brings it up to 63*2= 126. after restrictions and qualities, you actually halve that. So the emp burst cannon stands at 63 MCP.  I'd be okay with a one shot cannon like this. If you were to take slowfiring, you'd drop the cost down to 32. for a weapon like this, I can see such a restriction being feasible. 

The mines cost 72. While I can see concealed being a good trait for mines, it's not entirely necessary. You can get rid of that quality and still have difficult to see mines. Also I would suggest holding off on the mines for now.  There are places where a creative use of a mine would be handy, but you probably won't have an opportunity to use them until level 2 at least. Then again, since you guys have significant influence on the story, you very well may end up with a chance to use them early on. Either way, your weapon totals, as they stand at the moment, are at 408.

also, please change my name <innocent(?) grin>

- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

DigitLninja

alright, I think I'll turn the hand cannons and the EMP cannon off until I can afford to purchase them... I also have to save up points for Invisibility so it makes for a Spec Ops mech of lethal proportions.I also want to discuss something with you, special equipment.

Sword of Dark Flame is the primary weapon I want anyway, that and my cyber warfare plan ^_~

is it a bad thing that I keep going back to look at my mech every few minutes?
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Saikotsu

your mech is dark and ominous.  It's kinda creepy.  go ahead and PM me with your special equipment idea.
- a friend

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

can't believe I didn't see that.  you know what's gonna happen next, don't you?

cmpuncle

Saikotsu

hehehe. I do.

and

no, my D&D group already has to worry about being attacked by strange wizards who capture odd creatures to do battle for them. Since the majority of the team is composed of individuals who are halfbreeds, almost all of them qualify. 

by the way, your character is currently defending Slor from your character, Undercover. I can't believe he nearly blew himself up, alongside the entire town. IT'S a D&D game, you shouldn't be able to blow up a town!
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

I see. so you've already made it that far huh?  Wish I could join you guys in person. 

and I was right. Saiko replied with the mikumecha.  All I'm doing is basing my mech off of my Armored Core. Speaking of which, could you try to find a way to get a picture of it Saiko? I remember that otaku saying something about being able to do that with his PS3.  grrr.

cmpuncle

I haven't worked  on Armored Core in a long time, and my PS3 keeps freezing constantly while I'm playing New Vegas......

Undercov3rL0ver

The fallout games seem to freeze a lot.  Bethesda is not exactly the best company when it comes to fixing bugs it would seem.

I love armored core. I beat every mission, then I played through it on hard. I only have 3 missions I couldn't beat on hard! I had so much money in the end I was able to build new AC's from scratch.

Saikotsu

hehehe. Thanks for granting me access to the many mechs you've made.  It'll help me when coming up with bosses.

I'm particularly interested in Inferno at the moment. 
- a friend

Saikotsu

seriously, a Kill Bill refference?  I'm all for adding references that make sense, but i never expected THAT.
- a friend

cmpuncle

sorry internet access here in Montana is spotty.  the place we're staying doesn't have wireless, after I catch up on reading through I'll see if I can post anything

Saikotsu

no worries dude. Personally, I'd wait until I got home, but you can do it however you want.
- a friend

Undercov3rL0ver

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

cmpuncle

geez it's about time, after a year I finally beat the main storyline of FF 13!

Undercov3rL0ver

nice job.  I've been playing New Vegas myself, though not recently.