No Glow!

Started by Miss Lilly, January 19, 2012, 03:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Lilly

I've recently got a new computer, which runs Windows 7.  And ever since I've started using it, I can no longer see the glow-y text.  I have no idea why...I've been using it for months in my Tarot thread, and never had a problem before.  But now...can't see it at all.

Is it me?
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Sarena

Just checking to see if I can see it.  **is done with glowy red

It may depend on the browser you're using.  I've seen glowy text with Win 7, but I use Chrome and Mozilla mainly.

Edit:  Editing to say that I saw a red outline around the black text, and trying something else with this.

Edited again, lol sorry.  Yeah, I opened up this thread in IE and the glowy text doesn't show up.  But it does show up in the other two browsers.  So, it's not you, it's just stupid IE.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Miss Lilly

It must be the version of IE that's running on my new puter, then....because I could see it on my five year old machine!
Visit Lola's!

Vekseid

What the hell!? It works in IE 8...

Apparently the fallback to visual filters is only for IE8 and under. Go figure given how old this software is : / *kicks it in the tires*

Miss Lilly

*mutters and stomps*

Thanks, guys. *sighs*

Veks...they will catch up, right?
Visit Lola's!

Vekseid

IE 10 has it (and lots of other goodies), and if the time from the first Platform Preview to the full release remains the same as IE 8 & 9, IE 10 should be out around ~April. No guarantees, though. 7 took about two and a half months longer.