News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Modern Fable Role play interest check

Started by SloppyJoe, April 05, 2015, 05:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SloppyJoe

So, I've had this idea for a really really long time.
What would the next Fable game be like if Microsoft decided to pursue that path?

I imagine it based in a more modern world, maybe pre 9/11 so that it could be tied into the story. (Sorry if that's insensitive to anybody, just an idea.)

The Hero's classes would also be more modernized and limited. Instead of being one hero a team of three would have to step up and learn to play nice. Ranged would be Gunmanship instead.
Swordsmanship would me martial arts.
Magic would be technology, or we could just have magic...

Thus the idea for my RP.

Fable: Bloodlines

Far into the future of Albion, the world witnessed many changes, foremost was religion. Many gods became known, many beliefs shadowed the legends of the old heros. Magic became a fearsome act, hated and shunned. The remaining heroes were forced to hide in fear of being hunted as a witch.
Exploration changed the map, expanding the kingdoms and often fighting wars over land.
After many years of change the world forgot of the old heroes and redefined the term.

If enough interest is shown I will begin putting together an OOC and an IC.
Some people simply can't handle the heat, me? I like to
play with fire. So what if I get burned, it's just another
scar to add to the collection.

arthenwel

Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

OyabunKobold

Im interested :3 Im curious how you would run technology as thats what kinda piques my interest. Would it be modern like the rest of it computers laptops phones hacking all that or would it have some sort of mystical futuristic flair to it that only those gifted with the ability can achieve?

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

SloppyJoe

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on April 07, 2015, 03:44:07 PM
Im interested :3 Im curious how you would run technology as thats what kinda piques my interest. Would it be modern like the rest of it computers laptops phones hacking all that or would it have some sort of mystical futuristic flair to it that only those gifted with the ability can achieve?

I've been thinking about that and I want to get an opinion on this, but in my head I have this idea where at some point in history technology and science replaces magic instead of it being forgotten, meaning that all things possible through magic can be recreated in science and yes, only one of those born with the magic portion of the hero's bloodline can see and develop this technology.

I have also given thoughts to the other two options. If building a kingdom to save the world was the goal of the game, then yes a normal modern tech/ hack would work.
Another idea was pushing the boundaries of modern and having 3d projection tech readily available and already integrated with society, taking place of street lamps, communications and other such things. If you could readily project one presence to another location at any time any where for social calls and the sort, a hacker or technopath could readily terrorize whole societies or save a bank from being robbed by projecting images of demons or any other such nightmarish creatures.

Again, feedback is encouraged.

OyabunKobold

So curious about this as Fable games are notorious for this. Are we going to have the change to be good and evil? Or are you more looking for Predominately good chars trying to do the best for the world?

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

SloppyJoe

I'm interested in the way Fable put it, there are good heroes and there are evil heroes, they have the same goal, the only difference is how they choose to execute. If they clash they clash, and the better hero comes out on top.
However I was hoping that instead of people working individually we could bring a team together to get the full effect of a Fable-verse hero. The good evil dynamic can still work but the teamwork can suffer from it.

OyabunKobold

Hrms Well the idea I was having was a Heroine of technology whom doesn't have a defined set of Morales against certain things. Like she would be just as likely to Hack and Crash a Server as she would be to Summon Little mechanical minions to Save some people from a burning building.

Its all about what she gets out of it if it benefits her in the end doing what shes doing.

SloppyJoe

Personal goals are cool as long as the end goal is the same, the Hero whether good or evil (or neutral) should rise up to the occasion and lend a hand saving the world. Like Whisper in the original game, she wasn't afraid to play the bad guy for her betterment.

OyabunKobold

OyabunKobold

K so I have found a Assortment of images I want to base a char off but cant choose between them so Ima ask you what you like/What you feel fits the mood you want the best.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

When I make my post layout Ill shorten them down considerably so they dont stretch my post but this way you can look at them fully.

SloppyJoe

I'm fixated on image one because of the detail it contains, and those lips...

Anyway, I've asked Arthenwel and he's still interested, so I was thinking of playing a female as well, because he doesn't swing that way.

If y'all want we can get this started with just the three of us. Let me know and I'll throw up another thread so we can get characters put together and start the story.

OyabunKobold

Yeah I liked her and 3 the best 2 was more just in case those two were too Futuristic plus The girl was cute :3

So How exactly are you going to run with the Whole Technology = Will = magic type thing. I have the wiki up with all the will powers for all the games but im just curious what your vision is compared to mine.

SloppyJoe

mainly I draw from Fable III's magic gloves, a piece of technology that can be worn and can emulate the magic from the games.\
It doesn't have to be just gloves though. Pants that make you run faster? yep. A bodice with time warp tec? check. And the classic Stun gloves with overload for a lightning blast? YUS!
A technopath in a tech oriented dystopian society? I can see this!

However this doesn't have to be, I'd like to hear your vision.

OyabunKobold

Well the idea I had for it going off the First picture is whenever I want to cast a spell or need to a sphere of blue surrounds me thats mostly transparent. On it are buttons and keyboards and my hands with obvious trained routine start flying through the air pressing buttons until what looks like a piece of unstable air appears that releases whatever Technological feat I created.

Like for example a bubble of invisible force appears under my feet that expands outwards and anyone except myself or my other hero blooded companions slows down to a crawl as we speed up. Or another wavering piece of ground appears under the enemies feet before theyre consumed by a pillar of flames.

So on and so forth. I could say that's how the Defensive or assistant spells work and then those for attack. (blades Bolt and flames for example) are all fired from my gun on my hip.