Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Arander on October 20, 2010, 08:32:43 AM
Need a new computer? I bought one from Walmart. Yes that's right. Walmart. I bought an Emachines computers there for $400, then went to Tigerdirect and bought a new video card. I run WoW right now on almost Ultra settings, and I paid less than $500 for everything.

Well..considering I'm going to Best Buy(PRobably) I'll most likely do that, actually...just have them crack it open right there and put in a different video card. o3o I wonder how much ti would cost for Crossfire? Hmm...the MB has to be compatible with it, though..<_<>_>

Chris Brady

Well, seeing as I'm (finally) getting my Income Tax refund, sometime in the next couple of months, I'll swing a game card, and probably pre-order Cata.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Wolfy

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 22, 2010, 02:58:45 PM
Well, seeing as I'm (finally) getting my Income Tax refund, sometime in the next couple of months, I'll swing a game card, and probably pre-order Cata.

Hmm..gonna try to get a computer that can play Wow On Medium or so..something for $500-600 at the most, hopefully. Then next time I get my money, I'll buy the video card and have it installed. o3o

Wyrd

Anyone have any idea on how to get the FPS up in a new HP G60 notebook pc? I'm only getting around 7 - 18 on low setting.
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

Hmm..No idea. :O Have you tried turning everything off? (Water Detail, Shadows, Etc, etc.)

Saerrael

Quote from: Wyrd on October 22, 2010, 10:28:09 PM
Anyone have any idea on how to get the FPS up in a new HP G60 notebook pc? I'm only getting around 7 - 18 on low setting.

Depends on where you are at, as well. Places like Dalaran are renowned for their lag.
Where do you have 7 to 18?

Wyrd

Right now i'm getting a lot in the undercity and hillsbrad foothils area. it's running an average of 16-17 fps
Ragtime Dandies!

Blitzy

*Does a dance with her Horseman's Reigns that just dropped.*

Woooo...
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Wolfy

Hmm..Thinking of making a Druid and then just race changing her into a Worgen...but then again..I kinda want to wait for Cata..D:...It's only like, 6-7 weeks away by now.

Zaer Darkwail

I recommend level druid since level 1. It helps get familiar with the class and also get chance experience the new content in 1-60 leveling zones. The 61-79 levels would be the boring part.

Callie Del Noire

I would wait.. LOTS of new content coming. At all levels. There are at least some new quests in each newbie zone.

Zaer Darkwail

Not to mention if you re-roll to worgen in 80 you miss out the starting zone RP quests and events :P.

The Golden Touch

-Glares at Blitzy-

^ ^ I hate you.  Sin and I are trying for the Raven Lord.  So far 2-0, no dice. Sigh.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Blitzy

*Eyes TGT and giggles.*

My love NCIJade here has gotten the mount on two of his chars so far. Including one bag on his druid that held: The Hallowed Helm, the Squashling, AND the mount.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Zakharra

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Damn it!

This stupid thing keeps popping up every single time the updater runs; 

The file "C:\World Of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Documentation" could not be renamed to "C:\World Of Warcraft\Data\enUS\Documentation.Trash". If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/3)

To check this installation for problems, click the "Repair" button. The Repair tool can automatically fix many update errors.

I want to play. It's been 12 damned days since that goddess damned patch screwed  everything up.

Saerrael

Quote from: Blitzy on October 23, 2010, 04:38:35 PM
*Eyes TGT and giggles.*

My love NCIJade here has gotten the mount on two of his chars so far. Including one bag on his druid that held: The Hallowed Helm, the Squashling, AND the mount.

Booo.. I only need the helm now v.v

TheGlyphstone

I'm getting nothing but Sinister Squashlings on both my characters. But today I saw someone in my group get a Horseman's Blade and Horseman's Reins in the same bag...

The Golden Touch

I got Sinister Calling a few days ago.  Now its sinister squashlings left and right. ><;  Give me the Reins damn it!

Saerrael

Quote from: The Golden Touch on October 23, 2010, 09:47:37 PM
I got Sinister Calling a few days ago.  Now its sinister squashlings left and right. ><;  Give me the Reins damn it!

Got on the very first HH run  ^-^

Zakharra

I hate you all...   *crawls under covers to sulk*

TheGlyphstone

*Glare at people with the Reins.*

Saerrael

Quote from: Zakharra on October 23, 2010, 10:27:24 PM
  I hate you all...   *crawls under covers to sulk*

Hmm, I had what you had before on another patch ages ago. Something in the tech forum helped me out, but I can't recall what it was. I take it you looked..?

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 23, 2010, 10:28:21 PM
*Glare at people with the Reins.*

*smiles sweetly*

After the ZG mounts now *dies a few times*

Zakharra

Quote from: Saerra on October 23, 2010, 10:30:45 PM
Hmm, I had what you had before on another patch ages ago. Something in the tech forum helped me out, but I can't recall what it was. I take it you looked..?

I am looking, but the one thread I found isn't too helpful. I called Blizz tech support and someone gave me a few ideas. Which included deleting the game and reinstalling from the battlenet site*.   It took me 6 days to download the 4.76 gb  3.3 to 4.0 patch. Trying to download WoW, Burning Crusade, Wrath and all of the patches and updates? If it's the same download speed, I could be a month downloading it.  /cry

Edit: I did not download the game from battlenet. I might have to do that if nothing else works.

Saerrael

>.>
<.<

*Plays on an EU realm*

Might sound odd, but try the EU forums.

( wow-europe.com )

The Golden Touch

Did Ony today as OT, and our Raid Leader posted this:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.