News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Return to Miller's Hollow [Villagers Win!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 28, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (5)
Mr Bigglesworth (3)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)
Xandi (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha,Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Galactic Druid

"I can't say I trust any of you not to harm me, Bigglesworth." Guy snapped as he emerged from his home. "I was well and good here until the lot of you showed up!" His eyes scanned the remaining people. "Do I think it was you? No, no I don't, but your lady friend there...." he pointed at Xandi. "...seems so concerned it's suspicious!"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

James Moriarty

After a refreshing evening walk with wonderful company, James was shocked to wake to such drama the following morning.  Scanning those around him carefully and listening to the accusations tossed around so vehemently, he felt compelled to weigh in.

"I am moved by Lord Mayerling's story -- it has the ring of truth about it.  I must therefore place my vote with one of those whom the victim has named -- sir, Starlequin, you must be stopped from harming anyone else!  And who would believe you would eat peanut butter and ketchup, anyway?  All half-truths and sleights of hand, I say!  Peanut butter I can believe -- but I think that this 'ketchup' you speak of is blood -- that of the victim you would have killed had it not been for his marvelous alchemical skills!"

Sarena

She was torn.  So many accusations being thrown around in different directions, Sarena wished there was some way she could be certain.  Sadly, there was not.  The good thing in all of this was that they were all alive and in good health.  Relatively, at least.  But that would not be the case for long, she was afraid.  The last thing Sarena wanted to do was be responsible for the death of an innocent man.

She hugged herself a little tighter against the chill that she could not entirely blame on the cool air, "I'm afraid I may have misspoken.  Professor made some very good points, Starlequin.  Have you nothing to say for yourself?"

I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

Starlequin

It was impossible. It was inconceivable. It was the height of absurdity! But somehow, Starlequin's fellow rubes still suspected him of murder almost foul. One by  one they seemed to turn on him, and he shrank away from the crowd like a hunted tuna, his back to the nearest wall. But when the Professor questioned his dining habits, Starlequin's wide eyes flashed with indignation.

"Ah-Haaaaaaaa*cough-hack-splutter*aaaah!" He cried, pointing a trembling finger at Moriarty. "You have demolished your own case against me! I am incapable of sleight of hand, for you see, I am 1/64th platypus on my mother's father's brother's cousin's grandpa's sister's husband's neighbor's girlfriend's postman's side! And as everyone knows, platypi can't perform ledgerdemain!  So obviously, I am merely an innocent bystander, while almost any one of you could be a vicious, murderous, bloodthirsty killer monster!" He stopped for a moment and looked around again, realizing that he was in fact still surrounded and managed to squeak out a caveat. "Of course, I'm sure you're all actually quite wonderful people who wouldnt hurt a fly..."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Remiel

"What does it matter?" sighed Remiel, gloomily.  "We're all cursed, the whole bloody lot of us.  The Grim Reaper has our names listed in his ledger; we are all doomed to a man, or woman as the case may be.  If we're lucky, we'll dance the hemp fandango; if not, we'll wake up one morning to find our throats ripped out."

He eyed Starlequin, Mr. Bigglesworth, and Lord Mayerling each in turn.  Knowing that deduction was useless at this juncture, as there was really not any useful information to go on yet, he decided to vote randomly.  But how to leave it to chance when there were three candidates? There was no such thing as a three-sided coin.

After pondering the problem a bit, he dug three graves, turned away from the three with his back to them, and threw a small finger-bone over his shoulder.  When he turned back, he discovered that the finger-bone had landed in the middle grave.

"So shall it be," he muttered.  "The bell tolls for Mr. Bigglesworth."

His vote cast, Remiel returned to his digging.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Starlequin (7)
Mr Bigglesworth (4)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)
Xandi (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha,Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi
Us against the world

Autumn52

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on October 10, 2012, 10:30:26 PM
"I can't say I trust any of you not to harm me, Bigglesworth." Guy snapped as he emerged from his home. "I was well and good here until the lot of you showed up!" His eyes scanned the remaining people. "Do I think it was you? No, no I don't, but your lady friend there...." he pointed at Xandi. "...seems so concerned it's suspicious!"

Xandi was astonished that she was accused. She understood that everyone was upset and throwing out accusation but to accuse her simply for being concerned made no sense to her.

"Kind sir if being in love makes one look suspicious then I pray for all of us. Mr. Bigglesworth could not be responsible for such horrible deeds. He is a good man and has always been a gentleman. Any of you who have spoken his name in a misguided attempt to flesh out the guilty, I beg you to reconsider."

In front of the assembly Xandi stood from the stump and kissed Mr. Bigglesworth's cheek. "I shall expect you for dinner at 7." She walked back to her small cottage and began preparing dinner for the man she had fallen in love with.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Torch

Listening as accusations were bandied about and declarations of innocence were stated, Torch stood silent and contemplative. She had her doubts about the veracity of her fellow villager's stories, but tipping her hand seemed unwise at the moment. The truth would come out soon enough, although perhaps not soon enough to save them from whatever evil seemed to be lurking in the shadows during the night.

"The fact is, none of us really knows what happened last night. Any one of us could have been attacked, just as any one of us could have been the attacker. The one thing we do know is that someone here is not who he...or she appears to be. As of this moment, the most likely suspect is Starlequin."

Her eyes shifted around the group, taking note of who was present...and more particularly, who was absent. "I find it a bit peculiar that our newly elected Sheriff is nowhere to be found, although I'm sure there's a good explanation for that." The tone in her voice made plainly clear her dim view of those who shirk their duties. "I'm inclined to agree with Remiel, though. This hollow, and all of us...are cursed."
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Sasha

Sasha could not believe the ranting on of the gentleman that she had meet once on that faithless train ride . Well he was unique and that was something to be commended . As another piped in and tossed her acquaintance under the bus so to speak . Standing there holding a silly kettle of coffee ...it was obvious poor Starlequin didn't need any coffee, maybe something a bit stronger . Maybe she ought to go get that flask and offer it . How can one stand by though and not say anything .

She didn't really know him ...but this finger pointing seemed unsettling at best . What were they going to do to him anyways ...kick him out of town at worse . Maybe that would save him , appease the wolfs at bay that were licking at the front door . Odd they always seem to romance the union of meeting a vampire but the werewolf ...no you were just shredded and left like yesterdays garbage along the side of the road . Rage ...all of it .

It seemed cowardly to just stand there ...as Torch arrived asking about the Sheriff ..." Maybe he is already off hunting down clues ....though I not seen him yet this morning . " Wondering if maybe there might be another casualty to add to the list ." Has anyone seen them ....mean could we possibly have more than just Lord Mayerling that was assaulted. Or maybe they needed a little extra time in the bed ... not everyone gets up at the crack of dawn you know . " which she was a bit jealous of if truth be told . Least the pounding of her head had subsided.

Other thoughts popped up ....Something about the werewolf she was forgetting ...still warding them off with poison ..was that possible .  The real humor was she was not quite sure she bought into all this ...but then she was a bit naive and figured they would just settle down about it all maybe . Blueberries ...though she would have to hunt some up .

Kye

Kyrsa listened to the back and forth quietly, though she did shake her head sadly when she was accused.  She'd hoped that Miller's Hollow would be a place to start over, a place of safety and prosperity, but she could already tell that if she wanted it to be that way she would have to be willing to fight for it. 

"How can any of us accuse anyone at this point?  We don't know who among us will tell the truth, let alone who might be behind this.  A choice must be made, however... and since I cannot in all truth make a choice based on fact, I will follow along with my fellows and hope that they know better than I.  I'm sorry, Starlequin..." she shook her head and wrapped her shawl more tightly around her shoulders, her shivering having little to do with the chill in the air. 

Falanor

Falanor listened to the arguments, the rants, the accusations and considered the point that the people were making.  There was certainly a lot of blood he observed.  Yet the fact that no one was missing was quite the conundrum for him.  Werewolves? he thought, hearing the claim Mayerling was making.  That sounds downright preposterous.  Rabid wolves, mayhaps...but lycanthorpes?

Pulling his duster tight, hands in the pockets, he hated to decide without more evidence.  "Unfortunately I must concur with the majority here.  Starlequin you seem a bit...too suspicious, especially for a member of the Ornithorhynchidae family."

Autumn Sativus

I'll give it until morning for any vote changes or final votes to come in. :-)
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Final Votes
Starlequin (8)
Mr Bigglesworth (4)
Lord Mayerling (2)
Kyrsa (1)
Mithlomwen (1)
Niferbelle (1)
Ryven (1)
Xandi (1)

Yet To Vote:
Falanor, James Moriarty, Kyrsa, Lord Mayerling, Mcsc, Mithlomwen, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, Remiel, Ryven, Sarena, Sasha, Starlequin, SunshineSparkle, That Girl Analise, ThatRPGuy, Torch, Valerian, Xandi

Through the day the votes continued to come in, some changing their minds, others having more personal reasons for altering their votes after quiet conversations had in back alleys, meant to convince. But in the end it all comes down to one and how very unfortunate Starlequin was to have been chosen. Perhaps the admission to his gopher problem was just too much for these people to believe an innocent man could do. But he was just that, innocent, a mere Peasant who had been wrongfully accused.

His many protests as his fate was sealed tighter and tighter had meant nothing to these people and now, they were down a good man. Well, good in the sense of being on their side, at least.

Starlequin's lifeless body hanging from the trees was all the evidence needed to know that lies were being spread, but how could anyone begin to piece together the truth in all of this. Were there really wolves attacking the villagers at night? Well, it seemed they would soon find out as it was starting to get dark.

Good luck.

Night Falls
The Werewolves and company will soon receive a message soon regarding who their noms for the night are.
Each of the night-active roles should PM Saffron with whether they do or do not wish to use their ability tonight.
Us against the world

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. felt sick as he watched poor Starlequin's lifeless body swinging from the tree - especially since he had had a hand in sealing Starlequin's fate.  There was nothing he could do now though, and worse, the village was still in just as much danger as last night.

It was starting to get dark, so he turned around, his head held low, and quickly shuffled back to his cabin to get cleaned up before heading over to Xandi's cottage for dinner before nightfall.

Galactic Druid

Hanging his head, Guy made his way back to his home. "Should of stood up for 'em..." he grumbled to himself. He didn't know any if these strangers, but he hardly wanted to see them kill one another in cold blood, either.  Sure, he didn't cast his vote for Starlequin, but he felt no less guilty for it.

Worst of all, they weren't any safer now than they were the night before.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mr Bigglesworth

The hour neared seven, and Mr. Bigglesworth had gotten cleaned up, but was still quite shaken by the entire day, and the horror of seeing an innocent man die.  He picked up the deserts he had promised to bring to dinner, and slowly opened the door to his cottage.

Warily sticking his head past the door's slight opening, he peered out in all directions, looking for any beast that might be stalking the night; once he was sure the coast was clear he plotted the most direct route to Xandi's cottage, stepped out, silently closing the door behind him, and walked as quickly and quietly as he could.  He was wondering if she even knew what happened to Starlequin.

When he got to her front door, he looked around again, making sure it was safe, then he knocked, hoping she would answer quickly, since standing outside in the dark was unnerving to say the least.

Autumn52

After hearing about Starlequin Xandi felt terrible. She had cast a vote in his direction. He was a strange little man but he was innocent and she had been crying all day in the realization that she had had a part in his demise. So what if he had strange parentage. So what if he had strange habits, she thought about the gofers he had mentioned. There was nothing she could now but pray his spirit be claimed by God and he be at peace.

Xandi had lit several candles and had been praying for his soul all afternoon. She had forgotten about Mr. B coming over until she heard the knock on her door. She wiped her eyes and went to the door. Upon opening it she said, "Come in dear. I am so happy that you are here." She closed the door behind him and kissed his cheek, her tears stained cheeks still moist. "I was hoping you would stay with me tonight. I am afraid. I also made dinner hours ago so it will need to be reheated, I hope that is okay."
Xandi hugged him and held him close to her for longer than was probably acceptable given the circumstances but right now she didn't care she was afraid and thought that there might be safety in numbers. She was confident that a big strong man like Mr. B would be able to protect her if anyone unwelcome came calling. Plus she trusted him and loved him.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Mr Bigglesworth

When she opened the door, Mr. B. saw the candles, her face flush from tears; he could tell she was taking the news hard.   When she hugged him he held her tight, holding her head against his shoulder and stroking her hair, for as long as they both needed it

"I will stay the night dear, it will be safer for both of us" he said, wiping a tear from her eye "Honestly, I am not really all that hungry right now, we can worry about dinner later if that's OK with you"  He was glad she asked him to stay, if anything happened to her and he wasn't there, well, he would never be able to forgive himself.

He gestured to the sofa where they could sit and just talk, or sit quietly taking comfort in each other's presence.

Sarena

The deed was done and as Sarena stared at Starlequin's lifeless body, she thought, may God have mercy on our souls.  She turned away, hugging her sweater tighter around her body as she made her way back to her cabin.  She had played a role in the death of an innocent man, and she didn't think she would ever be able to forgive herself for that. 

As night fell, she sat down to another meal of rations and looked around the barren cabin.  Furniture was the last thing on her mind at the moment, but she was sure that eventually, she would need to find a couch or something.  She blew out the candles near her bedroll and got to her feet.  It was doubtful that sleep would come easy, if at all, this night.  She stood at the window and looked out on the empty, dusty street.  Her eyes avoided the tree where Starleguin had been hung.  A shiver ran down her spine as she wished, at least for this night, that she was not alone.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine saw the mass of people gathered together,she put her grocery bag back inside her car and walked toward them.To her complete surprise she found herself starring at Starlequin's lifeless body hanging from the tree,she hadn't thought he was the culprit the night before which wasn't enough to ease the guilt she was feeling.Eying suspiciously the rest of the group,now and more than ever trusting was mission impossible.She turned her gaze back to the body and with a heavy heart,she turned back to her private sanctuary where she hoped she would be safer

The rest of her day went by quickly,keeping her busy with collecting enough wood for her fireplace or finishing tidying her house and setting things in their places.From her window,she watched the sun set as the sky was beginning to darken.Her mental strength was wanning after what had happened since her arrival here.Dwelling on the recent incidents won't bring any sense of security,she was far from being safe
She decided to get back to her cooking task,letting one of her favorite Miles Davis albums fill the wall of her kitchenette,she listened to So Far,So Near humming it softly as she began preparing dinner,the vivid images of the day's events still present and scaring

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

It seemed things were beginning to get worse.

Morning came, but most of the villagers were already gathered in the centre of town by the time the sun was up. A scream in the wee hours of morning signalled the discovery of the body by someone who had gone out for an early morning stroll to watch the sunrise, hoping it would lighten their day. Unfortunately instead, the poor dear was the first to come upon the mangled remains of Torch, a Peasant. It certainly didn't look like anything a human being could do... the claw and teeth marks beginning to prove the crazy man's story about the wolves from the day prior.

Teary eyed villagers now suffering the loss of two on their side were forced to begin the process again, hoping that their choice would be correct this time. Their numbers already shrinking fast, they were running out of time...

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Kyrsa
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mcsc
  • Mithlomwen
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian
  • Xandi

Roles
  • Peasants x7-8
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Halfbreed
  • Werewolves x2-3
  • Alpha
Us against the world

Sarena

Her scream echoed in her ears, a hand coming up to cover her mouth as she stared down at Torch's ravaged body.  The morning chill seeping deep into her bones.  She took a step backward, and another, her head shaking back and forth in denial.  As if the mere act could undo the tragic death of what had been a strong woman.  There was no way they could scoff at the proclamations of werewolves any longer. 

"Mayerling was right..." the sound of her voice was low, muffled behind her own hand as she backed away from the lifeless body, "he was right all along..."

She turned her back on Torch's body all but breaking into a run away from the stench of death and fear and came face to face with onlookers as people began to come out of their homes.  Her hand dropped from her mouth, "Torch is dead!  Werewolves!" she pointed behind her at the body lying mangled on the ground, "Mayerling was right...werewolves."

Her eyes searched the faces, "Where is Ryven?!" 

Ryven

He had just come upon the scene.  The body of Torch or what remained of it lay helpless in the street.  Tears began to emerge from his eyes, a sense of overwhelming dread coming over him.  It was then that Sarena accused him which turned his sorrow into anger.

"How dare you?!"  He nearly shouted.  "I believed in her!  I voted for her because I trusted her.  We had history together, and now you accuse me of being her murderer?!  I would as soon cut off my own arm than kill a friend so dear, but you..."  he said, his arm lifting to point one shaking finger at Sarena.

"I have no choice but to believe you had something to do with it," he said as his tears stained the dirt much like the blood of his beloved friend.

SunshineSparkle

She heard it loud and clear,a gut wrenching scream coming from down the street.She hurried outside to find herself starring at Torch's dead body as tears began falling on her cheeks,the marks on her body resembles those on Mayerling last night,they were the evidence that no human could perform such a cruel act.Werewolves
She was barely aware of both Sarena and Ryven accusing each other of the crime,her thoughts chaotic and incoherent while her eyes kept looking at the girl's body lying lifeless.

Her gaze looked around at the others "Whoever dared to do this to a harmless girl is heartless" She threw an accusing eye at everyone "I would like to hear about what Analise was up to this night"

O&O    A&A    Avatars